• Hard to part with fossil fuel 14 votes
    4%
  • I don't care about my carbon footprint 80 votes
    22%
  • No 142 votes
    39%

(368 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 359 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E9951DE8-F1DC-41AE-AD29-2C2CF0C18F13 (resized).jpeg
Tesla-spam-from-Lexus-e1583869361649 (resized).jpg
89202960_637654216967437_2479716260451975168_n (resized).jpg
car (resized).jpg
4D87CA94-43E4-4448-8850-C9B3902941E5 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
0FD918B300000514-0-image-a-24_1556240573176 (resized).jpg
55545327894098 (resized).PNG
9873468645809546 (resized).PNG
60889458096 (resized).PNG
937636t437y93280943 (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 1.27.04 PM (resized).png
24D112D3-FFB6-4ACC-B325-D77C579B1256 (resized).png
FC681D12-2537-42A1-ADDB-3664213A10FC (resized).jpeg
C9F72141-40BB-42FA-B0D8-E5A3844A51F5 (resized).jpeg
75B4521A-531E-41FC-ABAD-A06F7B53520D (resized).png

There are 3183 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 64.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Those companies that charge "half the cost" are getting exactly what they're worth. If AT&T's service is not worth what they charge, they would not be selling their services.

Not true. I pay $55/month for straight talk unlimited, which piggy backs on at&t/verizon/t-mobile. I've had better coverage than when I was on AT&T where I was paying $190 for 2 phones with the same service (and I have no contract). AT&T has customers because those customers don't realize they can pay less, or afraid to lose that "grandfathered unlimited data plan" that means nothing today.

Quoted from MrBally:

Do you really think that Ford, Toyota, GM(The current Company), Honda, FCA, Volkswagen group, and Hyundai are just gonna roll over and play dead. They don't need to have a PR man making bi-weekly claims of every move they are making regarding their own tactics & strategies.

No, it's hard to move giants. Toyota and honda are every conservative companies that focus on reliability, not necessarily on innovation, and will likely continue to be #2 and #3. Hyundai pushes the envelope, but they are still suffering from major quality issues (see exploding sunroofs and transmission failures). GM will keep churning out sleepy run of the mill cars so long as people keep settling ($40k pickup trucks still using key ignitions instead of push button). Don't be so sure Volkswagen makes it. 3 years ago they had a value of 67 billion, they lost half of that in lawsuits and fines (and probably more in customer trust). Unless they truly come up with something innovative they may not survive.

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Communications. All. They are a communications provider that has adapted to the disruptive technology that they became up against.

That's the only one I can think of, too. AT&T was very shrewd to make that iPhone exclusivity deal with Apple, and they have made massive infrastructure investments.

Telcos are in a special class though, since they receive government monopolies. For that reason I'm not sure telcos are a good fit for discussing the auto industry.

For me the question is, are automakers more like AT&T or more like Sears/Blockbuster/Kodak/Tower Records?

Quoted from MrBally:

These small carriers buy from AT&T to provide service in areas where they cannot afford to install their own infrastructure.
Those companies that charge "half the cost" are getting exactly what they're worth. If AT&T's service is not worth what they charge, they would not be selling their services.

As was previously mentioned, the grandfathered "unlimited not unlimited" data plans and AT&T's massive retail footprint and epic advertising spends do account for a lot of their market share.

Quoted from MrBally:

Do you really think that Ford, Toyota, GM(The current Company), Honda, FCA, Volkswagen group, and Hyundai are just gonna roll over and play dead. They don't need to have a PR man making bi-weekly claims of every move they are making regarding their own tactics & strategies.
I'm not saying Tesla won't remain viable and independent, I see that possibility at 70% in 5 years.
Not trying to get in a pissing contest.

No, I'm not saying that at all. I think they're going to do what all established dominant corporations (without government monopoly protection) do in the face of disruption; try to play both sides and lose.

That's exactly what all the established automakers seem to be doing.

For me the big hurdles that established carmakers have to overcome:

1) Big established auto doesn't control retail distribution so somehow they have to find a way for their dealers to make money, or start distributing directly. How are they going to do that?

2) Big established auto don't make their own batteries. How are they going to keep prices in line with the dominant player who does make their own batteries, when they have to give profit and pay shipping to whatever battery manufacturer(s) they use?

3) Big established auto doesn't have an established worldwide fast charging infrastructure. If they rely on third parties to deploy fast charging or join together and use a non-proprietary standard for charging, as all of them seem to be doing, Tesla gets to say "you can use their charging network /and/ ours." This is a non-trivial time and capital-intensive spend and it's hard for me to see big auto doing anything but playing catchup.

4) Big established auto relies on ad buys to drive sales. The dominant player does not advertise at all, and has shifted the game to a high-touch direct to consumer Apple store retail experience. It's cool, fun and sexy to go to the Tesla store. It's an outing. People tweet about it. How does that compare to the dealer experience? Will big auto be able to position their products to be as cool, fun and sexy? I don't have data to back this up, but I wonder if Tesla's retail stores cost less than the advertising done by big auto per vehicle sale?

Also not pissing, just interested in meaningful debate.

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I can't believe all of you bitches having such a cat fight over Tesla . You love Telsa, fine. You hate Telsa, that's fine too. I can't believe all the energy you all invest in hammering out keystrokes and insults at each other. It's f#cking weird.
QSS

Wow, I haven't heard the word "weird" used to insult people's ideas that way since high school.

Whether or not you are an adult, I invite you to see the world as a larger place where people care about things you do not. Practice empathy. Insulting people because they hold views different than yours is bigotry, it's not cool, and it's against the policies of this forum.

If this thread annoys you, trash it and you'll never see it again.

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Wow, I haven't heard the word "weird" used to insult people's ideas that way since high school.
Whether or not you are an adult, I invite you to see the world as a larger place where people care about things you do not. Practice empathy. Insulting people because they hold views different than yours is bigotry, it's not cool, and it's against the policies of this forum.
If this thread annoys you, trash it and you'll never see it again.

Done.

QSS

#1255 2 years ago

All I have to say is I wish I could afford a Tesla, preferably the Model X for the seats, but any would do. Everyone I know that has one is 110% happy with their Tesla.

26 pages in, who has their Model 3 yet? If anyone that I can afford, it's that one.

#1256 2 years ago

It’s ashtonishing that Volvo is only casually mentioned in this headline ... however if it were a Tesla they’d smear the crap out of them.

Self-driving Uber car kills Arizona woman crossing street http://www.reuters.com/article/us-autos-selfdriving-uber/self-driving-uber-car-kills-arizona-woman-crossing-street-idUSKBN1GV296

#1257 2 years ago

Yes, and she crossed outside of the crosswalk. Go on liveleak and see how many pedestrians get nailed by cars with drivers paying attention because of the pedestrians fault.. videos like this one:

If nothing else, self-driving cars are good for insurance companies. LOTS of cameras and Lidar scanners collecting data.

#1258 2 years ago

I'm thinking of buying a BRZ/Toyota 86 with 6MT instead of the M 3. Not that I think the 3 is bad, but I miss my S2000 and want to feel more involved with the car with a small lightweight RWD and manual transmission.

1) Electric/autonomous cars will only get better in years to come.

2) small lightweight and RWD, 6MT inexpensive cars are not common, and petrol cars while not dead yet are getting phased out in years to come. I drove both the BRZ and the MX5 (which was too small for someone my size) they are super fun to drive. I can get for $27-28K (loaded).

3) I am so far down on the list for the M 3 that it would be a year (plus) and the rebate will lower than current.

4) I'm thinkin of keeping my current car and getting an extra car for fun.

#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

It’s ashtonishing that Volvo is only casually mentioned in this headline ... however if it were a Tesla they’d smear the crap out of them.
Self-driving Uber car kills Arizona woman crossing street http://www.reuters.com/article/us-autos-selfdriving-uber/self-driving-uber-car-kills-arizona-woman-crossing-street-idUSKBN1GV296

Not really when you consider the amount of money Volvo pays to advertise.

#1260 2 years ago

If anyone has a Model 3 and wants to come to the Midwest Gaming Classic, contact me. I would like to make a deal with you...

#1261 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Yes, and she crossed outside of the crosswalk. Go on liveleak and see how many pedestrians get nailed by cars with drivers paying attention because of the pedestrians fault.. videos like this one:
» YouTube video
If nothing else, self-driving cars are good for insurance companies. LOTS of cameras and Lidar scanners collecting data.

Yeah, but you know anytime a self-driving car gets into an accident there is going to be one heck of an overblown reaction against it, just like what happened here. Instead of focusing on how many hours/miles a self-driving car goes without an accident, the focus is on the one accident where the car is technically not at fault. I live near DC, where there seems to be one pedestrian killed each night. I guess they need to stop running trains each time a train runs over someone as well since they can't stop in time. It's just silly. The cars will never be fully 100% accident proof, but they will almost assuredly reduce accidents compared to human drivers.

#1262 2 years ago

Police Chief said early reports are the car did nothing wrong and no human could have stopped. Pedestrian came out of the shadows in the median directly in front of the car. It isn't clear if she was riding the bike but there was a bike with bags of bottles and belongings. Sounds like a homeless person. Car was doing 38 in a 35 which is under 10% and most police give 15%. Police said speed was not a concern or a factor. Driver of the car said he was looking ahead and there was a flash and he heard the impact before he could even process what it was.

#1263 2 years ago

2500 miles on our 3 and it’s still perfect.

#1264 2 years ago

arizona driver was looking at his phone during crash.. However if you look at the video there's NO way any human would have avoided that accident. she pops out of nowhere because she has no light on her bike or any reflective clothing. It's amazing how stupid people are.
https://jalopnik.com/video-shows-driver-in-fatal-autonomous-uber-crash-was-l-1823970417

#1265 2 years ago

I give Tesla a lot of credit for the innovation they’ve brought to the auto industry; the acceptance of EV’s they brought to the general public; and raising the standards of quality that cars should be held to. But when they decided to produce the model 3, a mass produced/lower cost model, they went away from the business model that had made them so successful. It also creates an image problem for all the people who’ve bought Teslas because they’re top of the line/exclusive. That’s why Toyota created Lexus and Nissan created Infiniti, they knew they couldn’t sell cars to both market segments using the same brand. I hope Tesla succeeds but I think they’re making a mistake by lowering their sights to compete head-to-head against the likes of Toyota, Nissan, Honda, GM, etc.

#1266 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

arizona driver was looking at his phone during crash.. However if you look at the video there's NO way any human would have avoided that accident. she pops out of nowhere because she has no light on her bike or any reflective clothing. It's amazing how stupid people are.
https://jalopnik.com/video-shows-driver-in-fatal-autonomous-uber-crash-was-l-1823970417

i think 99% of humans would have run over the person in that situation too. she appears at the last second. (also, i think humans WAY overestimate their own reaction time to an unexpected obstacle appearing on a highway in the middle of the night.)

Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I give Tesla a lot of credit for the innovation they’ve brought to the auto industry; the acceptance of EV’s they brought to the general public; and raising the standards of quality that cars should be held to. But when they decided to produce the model 3, a mass produced/lower cost model, they went away from the business model that had made them so successful. It also creates an image problem for all the people who’ve bought Teslas because they’re top of the line/exclusive. That’s why Toyota created Lexus and Nissan created Infiniti, they knew they couldn’t sell cars to both market segments using the same brand. I hope Tesla succeeds but I think they’re making a mistake by lowering their sights to compete head-to-head against the likes of Toyota, Nissan, Honda, GM, etc.

i think it's brilliant. build prestige (any major car manufacturer would kill for Tesla's buzz level), prove you can build a car that people like (highest customer satisfaction in the industry), then market it to the masses.

but yeah, the the world does owe Tesla a debt for proving that an electric car can be fast / fun / cool / practical and doesn't have to look like an embarrassing spacebug or whatever.

#1267 2 years ago

"Thank you for reserving a Model 3 and supporting our mission toward a more sustainable future. It’s time to choose your options and place your order."

Just got my email !!!!! Unfortunately, they have some sort of bug in the system, and their configurator on the My Tesla page is not updated and won't let me configure yet. Supposedly be resolved by tomorrow morning (according to Tesla Customer Service). Gives me time to think about Black with Aeros or Midnight silver with Sports Wheel....I would use the savings on the black to wrap the car.

#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

one detractor early in the thread said he was a former Tesla owner. It's pretty rare to find a Tesla owner that doesn't gush about their car, though (me included).

If I was the 'detractor early in the thread', it's time for an update. I had a Model S a couple years ago and didn't care for the lack of storage space and rather spartan creature comforts, but mostly ditched it because the seats were terrible (base level seats). I've now had a Model X for several months and absolutely love this car - it's just a treat to drive. Highly recommended.

#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

There is no way the car should have hit that pedestrian. The human driver was a useless waste of space not even looking at the road. I agree it might have been unavoidable even if a human was driving, though they might have been able to swerve out of the way at least. Maybe a glancing blow, etc.

But the biggest issue is that the automated driving system completely failed to spot the person or the bike. It's LIDAR based and doesn't depend on the available light. The person appears to have been on the other side of the road/lane for many seconds walking across the road.

To characterise this as "okay" is ridiculous. The automatic driver failed completely in this case and a complete investigation must ensue to determine why, ala any kind of plane crash.

#1270 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

There is no way the car should have hit that pedestrian. The human driver was a useless waste of space not even looking at the road.

People look at their phones while driving without an auto-pilot. What do you think is going to happen when they think they can rely on the car to avoid accidents?

Quoted from Fytr:

But the biggest issue is that the automated driving system completely failed to spot the person or the bike. It's LIDAR based and doesn't depend on the available light

True.. not sure how it didn't detect it. Maybe it doesn't depend on the LIDAR as much as you think

Seriously though, self-driving or not. Crossing a road, in the dark (when there was a street light literally 15 feet away that would have illuminated that person), with no light or reflective clothing is REALLY stupid. When I was a kid I got a $5 ticket for not having a light on my bike, and my dad laughed that the police had nothing better to do. But honestly, I'm glad I got that ticket because people walking or riding bikes (especially near streets) should have lights. Also people just don't look anymore, and sometimes in broad daylight. I don't know how many times I'm driving through a strip mall, and people just walk blindly into traffic without looking expecting the drivers to do all the watching. I'm not saying pedestrians are just as much at fault (they do have right away), but man that's a lot of faith to be putting in drivers, especially as distracted as they are these days.

#1271 2 years ago

What a senseless loss of human life.

Quoted from Fytr:

There is no way the car should have hit that pedestrian. The human driver was a useless waste of space not even looking at the road. I agree it might have been unavoidable even if a human was driving, though they might have been able to swerve out of the way at least. Maybe a glancing blow, etc.

I'm confused. First you say there's "no way the car should have hit" then you "agree it might have been unavoidable" - which is it?

I think it's difficult to say whether or not a human paying attention could have avoided the pedestrian. I wasn't there. The camera could have picked up more or less than the human eye. The low light features on some of these dash cams is impressive.

Quoted from Fytr:

But the biggest issue is that the automated driving system completely failed to spot the person or the bike. It's LIDAR based and doesn't depend on the available light.

It's an issue but not the biggest one.

No, the real tragedy is that someone was being paid to sit behind the wheel and intervene when (not if) a situation just like this happened, and they were incapable of acting because they were staring at their phone. It's gross negligence. I hope criminal charges are forthcoming on that person.

Anyone who has used a car in autonomous mode for any length of time, as I have, will agree the technology isn't yet safe or ready. The person behind the wheel is at fault. Don't let the LIDAR or gadgets distract from the real issue.

Quoted from Fytr:

The person appears to have been on the other side of the road/lane for many seconds walking across the road.

We don't know that. We will never know what really happened. It's possible that they were riding and fell off their bike and were lying flat on the road concussed, heard the car coming and had just stood it up moments before they began walking it to the other side of the road.

For this reason I withhold judgment on the pedestrian.

Quoted from Fytr:

To characterise this as "okay" is ridiculous. The automatic driver failed completely in this case and a complete investigation must ensue to determine why, ala any kind of plane crash.

I think I missed where anyone said it was "okay," or that this isn't being taken seriously by the people in charge of implementing autonomous driving.

#1272 2 years ago

It's a problem that the driver wasn't paying as much attention as she should have been.

It's a problem that the car didn't even try and slow down.

The pedestrian would have been hit at a high speed no matter what.

We can't blame the system for anything, it's in testing which was the entire point of the person being in the car.

Just all around unfortunate.

#1273 2 years ago

I smell a pesky Lawsuit.....

#1274 2 years ago

Now that I have seen the video the guy is clearly not doing his job. There is definitely negligence here. I do not feel they are completely at fault. The car is a lot more visible to the woman than vice versa. She walks right in front of a car on a four lane road and that is why she got hit. Uber clearly needs more oversight. I'm sure people are watching these videos on a regular basis and the guy was not at all concerned.

#1275 2 years ago

How about the “safety driver” having multiple traffic violations and a felony, not exactly a safe person to put behind the wheel of a car with an unproven beta driving system.

#1276 2 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

What a senseless loss of human life.

I'm confused. First you say there's "no way the car should have hit" then you "agree it might have been unavoidable" - which is it?
I think it's difficult to say whether or not a human paying attention could have avoided the pedestrian. I wasn't there. The camera could have picked up more or less than the human eye. The low light features on some of these dash cams is impressive.

It's an issue but not the biggest one.
No, the real tragedy is that someone was being paid to sit behind the wheel and intervene when (not if) a situation just like this happened, and they were incapable of acting because they were staring at their phone. It's gross negligence. I hope criminal charges are forthcoming on that person.
Anyone who has used a car in autonomous mode for any length of time, as I have, will agree the technology isn't yet safe or ready. The person behind the wheel is at fault. Don't let the LIDAR or gadgets distract from the real issue.

We don't know that. We will never know what really happened. It's possible that they were riding and fell off their bike and were lying flat on the road concussed, heard the car coming and had just stood it up moments before they began walking it to the other side of the road.
For this reason I withhold judgment on the pedestrian.

I think I missed where anyone said it was "okay," or that this isn't being taken seriously by the people in charge of implementing autonomous driving.

My point is that even IF it was unavoidable if a human was driving given the circumstances, the automated system should have seen that person and avoided the accident. Coming at this from the perspective of how it affects the testing and rollout of self-driving vehicles. Obviously the victim made a poor choice and paid the ultimate price.

It sounds like the NTSB (National Transportation Safety Board) is investigating, which is how it should be. The technology used for self-driving vehicles needs to be transparent enough that the NTSB can regulate effectively and ensure overall high safety standards. If it comes down to our AI algorithm didn't detect the person, even though the sensory input showed they were there, and we can't explain why, they should have their license revoked.

The human driver failed miserably and should be fired at the least. However, the existing approach that simply places a bored to death human "monitoring" the self-driving car should also be improved with some measure to ensure the human is doing their job. Maybe eye tracking technology, or they have to move the steering wheel as if they were driving and if it diverges from the actual road they are alerted and possibly sanctioned, etc.

#1277 2 years ago

A model 3 already got wrecked.. Guess what it sold for?

#1278 2 years ago

6C71C5A9-923D-433D-A2C8-1D07817ED7E3 (resized).jpeg

Charging up at Rocky Mount on our way to Charleston, SC. About 650 mile family trip. Going wonderfully so far.

#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Charging up at Rocky Mount on our way to Charleston, SC. About 650 mile family trip. Going wonderfully so far.

Sweet ride!

#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i think 99% of humans would have run over the person in that situation too. she appears at the last second. (also, i think humans WAY overestimate their own reaction time to an unexpected obstacle appearing on a highway in the middle of the night.)

i think it's brilliant. build prestige (any major car manufacturer would kill for Tesla's buzz level), prove you can build a car that people like (highest customer satisfaction in the industry), then market it to the masses.
but yeah, the the world does owe Tesla a debt for proving that an electric car can be fast / fun / cool / practical and doesn't have to look like an embarrassing spacebug or whatever.

I was parked in front of a Regal Cinema the other day dropping my kid off for a movie. P90D silver with upgraded wheels. Some 10 year old kid walking by the car exclaims, "DAMN! Nice car!". Not the greatest language for the kid but obviously Tesla has hit the prestige even for young boys.

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I was parked in front of a Regal Cinema the other day dropping my kid off for a movie. P90D silver with upgraded wheels. Some 10 year old kid walking by the car exclaims, "DAMN! Nice car!". Not the greatest language for the kid but obviously Tesla has hit the prestige even for young boys.

Kids come up to me all the time in parking lots ogling it going “oh my god a P100D!” Whereas anyone 40+ is like “nice color .... Tesla ... what is that, a hybrid?”

#1283 2 years ago

Can’t wait for a Tesla? Thinking about buying a Chevy bolt instead? Well check this out, the Tesla might be worth the wait.

#1284 2 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Can’t wait for a Tesla? Thinking about buying a Chevy bolt instead? Well check this out, the Tesla might be worth the wait.
» YouTube video

Holy shit.... I had no idea the Bolt was that fast!

#1285 2 years ago

The Tesla driver got on it a little quicker, but still would have won. Anyway, I don't think you buy the Bolt for quickness, that's what the Model S is for.

#1286 2 years ago

Man my 3g is gone all the time lately?
So tune in doesnot work...
Anybody has a fix for it?
Or a trick?
Model s85 2013

1FCD4BFD-46CD-459D-B40C-E685BBCB8AC8 (resized).jpeg

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Or a trick?
Model s85 2013

Upgrade to LTE ?

#1288 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Or a trick?
Model s85 2013

Here are some people talking about it, maybe something in it will be helpful (bad antenna??):

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/3g-not-working

#1289 2 years ago

Have you rebooted the big console screen? Also, I agree with getting up to the LTE if you can.

#1291 2 years ago

Whos buying (more) stock today??

#1292 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Whos buying (more) stock today??

i'm going to, but i think it can go even lower first. call me greedy.

#1293 2 years ago

I would be but I'm selling some other stocks right now to pay for my Model 3.

#1294 2 years ago

Definitely thinking about it. If they're shipping ~2,000 Model 3's a week that adds something like half a billion in gross revenue per month doesn't it? Plus ~1,000 Model S, ~1,000 Model X a week, battery and solar sales....

#1295 2 years ago

I don't like stocks that don't pay dividends in general, but I'll admit that I'm seriously thinking about it right now.

Apparently, there was an internal memo released last week that they were expecting to average 300+ cars per day and they shut down S and X lines because they were substantially over on their sales already and gave those employees the option to go help on the 3 line or something (which I don't quite understand, but hey, whatever). If the average for Q4 was 100 Model 3's per week, the difference in revenue would be $93,100,000 per week, or $1.21 billion in sales per quarter increased.

If Tesla is turning a 20% margin as expected on the 3, that is $242,060,000 minimally.

Last quarter, Tesla lost $277 million. If you offset these two numbers, we're just a little under $35 million apart from profitable.

Now, a few quick caveats:

1) They didn't get production that high until the end of this quarter. It was supposedly around 500 / week before that point. These numbers will not be repeated this quarter.

2) Tesla spent less money than expected last quarter. I expect them to do the same this quarter. They said on the last call that the new battery line was up and being tested in Germany, and it's now up and working here from what I can tell by the increase in capacity. That was already paid for. They are still investing in infrastructure, but I bet that this quarter will be below last.

...and, to counteract the negative recent press...

There are a lot of articles about how few people have configured their cars just yet. Those articles are questioning the demand and saying see, there is no demand for the 3, only 30% of people are configuring! What they forget is...

- The majority of people who got the configuration chance so far are current owners. If you are a current owner, you already own a Tesla, and it's likely you are either wanting to get a performance version of the 3 which isn't out yet, or the short range version because you already have a long range one.

- I would guess the majority of people who got in line right away wanted the short range version, either for price or because they just don't need the long range. In fact, for most first time Tesla owners, I would expect they aren't electric car owners already, and that means they will probably use the 3 as their around town car first until they get comfortable with it.

Oh, and as I think I've mentioned, I totally think they are playing with when they deliver things to ensure they don't hit their 200,000 US delivery until July. I think that is why the Model S and X have hit substantial delivery delays in the US recently. They'll hit it on or about July 1st, the tax credit will remain until the end of the year, and then they will announce a cheaper price (my guess, $32,000) for the basic trim level of the Model 3. I hope to take delivery of mine at the end of the year, preferably with dual motors, which I assume we're going to learn more about on or immediately following the earnings call in a month.

Point is, while I don't usually invest in companies without a dividend structure in place, and while Tesla definitely has more risk built in that most of the others right now, I think this is a solid time to potentially buy. If everything plays out like it should, I expect it will double from current rates by year end.

#1296 2 years ago

I got my fun car yesterday BRZ tS

1D13CA63-083F-4690-96D4-587811201632 (resized).jpeg219C73D2-996E-43AD-819D-F69129F46793 (resized).jpeg

#1298 2 years ago

Yeah, it is looking like a strong buy. It went up considerably today. It's a volatile stock, though, because oil/auto advertising funded media (I'm looking at you, Wall Street Journal), and well-heeled shorts always find a way to make good news bad, and when they can't, they just make stuff up.

Tesla breaks 4,000 cars a week and they say they missed targets, despite the fact that Tesla's growth rate is unparalleled in the modern auto industry. Hello, it's Elon Musk. His gig is to promise Jupiter but deliver Mars, when his competition is still fiddling around with toy rockets. 93% satisfaction with Model 3 owners - it doesn't even get mentioned.

#1299 2 years ago

Sad day for me...I dumped my m3 day one reservation. Maybe someday i'll own one when they don't cost 50k.

#1300 2 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Sad day for me...I dumped my m3 day one reservation. Maybe someday i'll own one when they don't cost 50k.

Sad day indeed bro,but you will get yours

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Arizona Pinball
$ 224.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 12.95
$ 65.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 79.99
Apparel - Unisex
PinShades
$ 55.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
There are 3183 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 64.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside