Screenshot_20230728_124324_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230728_124244_Twitter (resized).jpg
1E4ADAFA-E4C9-4CAE-A461-F715F777968D (resized).jpeg
096FC4F3-4710-48CC-A852-328EDA938C5F (resized).jpeg
F3E7C75B-0774-4FE2-8E8A-BE832936A5F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpg
9CB9C1A8-D094-47BB-AE6C-98755416E0E7 (resized).jpeg
46AC7FA8-3206-49E4-9E11-0DC81D627AC0 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 67.
#1201 6 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Holy crap it’s time!!!

Holy crap that looks "Vanilla".

QSS

#1202 6 years ago

reserved online before the big reveal. realisticly, gotta wait another 8 weeks at least.

#1203 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

But there are other incumbents in this industry who are far bigger, produce far less flawed products, have much better infrastructure, can scale far harder, and have way better engineers.

In 2016, Tesla was named as the 4th top company for engineers to work at according to Forbes. The next auto maker? Not on the list.

I mean, people like you have also been saying that SpaceX is a terrible taxpayer funded farce.

Yet a SpaceX launch costs about 40% of what the other incumbents in the industry who are far bigger, claim they can produce less flawed products, supposedly have a better infrastructure, can scale harder, and I guess have better engineers who know that reusing boosters is an insane boondoggle.

A Falcon Heavy flight costs about $90 million per flight. Meanwhile, we're spending $2.6 billion a year for NASA to build a rocket with an approximately 10% higher capacity with no hope of launching it until 2020 at the earliest.

Why is this relevant? Because the exact same arguments you're cherry picking against Tesla were said about SpaceX just a few years ago, and it just so happens that the same guy runs Tesla with the same leadership philosophy.

Tesla's largest competitive advantage may be its willingness to completely throw out the rulebook that these established automakers feel they need to follow and forge their own path. They are creating an entire ecosystem for their vehicles to live within, where the others are saying that their ideas won't work and making excuses why they can't.

While it is a single data point, I think it's a perfect one - when I walked into the local Chevy dealership to test drive a Bolt, they said things like it might work for me because "it sounds like you don't go anywhere" and "you can charge it places, but we're not really sure where." They talked down to me about it. And for the record, I hadn't told them I knew anything about it, just that I was curious what an electric car might be like.

When I visited the Model 3, they didn't. They assumed I didn't know much about electric cars, were happy to walk through their benefits (which, by the way, none of which were environmental in what they were talking about), explained how it could replace any gas car and what the benefits and drawbacks may be for that, and then ask me what questions I might have.

Legacy automakers have a lot of crap they need to work through to transition. Tesla is free from that. There is a better model out there.

In related news, hot damn did I almost bite on this Model S under $40k earlier this week! I don't quite feel that it's my long range car solution though, and I'm real curious about the upcoming autopilot updates...

Screenshot_20180220-124107 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180220-124107 (resized).png

#1204 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I personally hope they’re waiting till April 1 or even July 1 to deliver their 200,000th US car. That would give the most people the full tax rebate (myself included).

I have a hunch that their recent delay in Model S and X shipments (for new buyers until June through August I believe they are telling people) is due to the "demand" is in fact a way for them to sell to foreign markets and avoid hitting 200k sold in the US until early July, making the tax credit for them phase out at the end of this year.

I also think that those who are claiming they will never sell a Model 3 for $35,000 are correct. I believe that when the tax credit starts phasing out, Tesla will announce that due to improved manufacturing capability and the better systems they were able to develop due to the delay, the base model will come down in price... Right at the same time the tax credits start reducing.

My bet is that the $35,000 model will drop to ~$32,000 before the first one of those rolls off the line.

I'll go further to say that they will still maintain a significant per vehicle profit margin when they do that.

#1205 6 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

reserved online before the big reveal. realisticly, gotta wait another 8 weeks at least.

“3 to 6 weeks” per the order page.

A4EFC13A-FA31-4D1F-9D57-E5A34494A6D6 (resized).jpegA4EFC13A-FA31-4D1F-9D57-E5A34494A6D6 (resized).jpeg

#1206 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Tesla's largest competitive advantage may be its willingness to completely throw out the rulebook that these established automakers feel they need to follow and forge their own path. They are creating an entire ecosystem for their vehicles to live within, where the others are saying that their ideas won't work and making excuses why they can't.

i liken this to asian countries like vietnam that had no internet or good phone lines. when they built the infrastructure from scratch, they went for speed because they could. meanwhile in the US internet providers tried to push high speed through the old twisted copper for decades.. we are only in the last 3- 5 years starting to see real bandwidth at the consumer level.

#1207 6 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

“3 to 6 weeks” per the order page.

I was referring to my invite window. Online reservations have not been invited yet.

#1208 6 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

I was referring to my invite window. Online reservations have not been invited yet.

I reserved online and got my invite weeks ago. Existing owner, first day res though.

#1209 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I reserved online and got my invite weeks ago. Existing owner, first day res though.

Existing owner!!! No invites for non-owner online reservationist as of today.

2 weeks later
#1211 6 years ago

Kind of a misleading headline. He’s talking about 2008.

#1212 6 years ago

Interesting read. Doing better now for sure.

Just got to sit in a model 3 for the first time. I’m even more sold. Awesome.

#1214 6 years ago

If you look at the stock you can see this is completely normal the stock fluctuates by this amount almost daily. I will never understand why people spread these silly article, that use unnamed former and current employees as sources.

#1215 6 years ago

Finding genuine news about Tesla is a pretty fraught process. Every day there is a new batch of articles trashing it. Keep in mind it is the most shorted stock in the world, and the enemy of at least two humongous industries -- big auto and big oil. These factors have a real affect on what kinds of articles tend to get churned out about it. (Seeking Alpha is the worst offender in regards to people with a vested interest trying to push the stock down)

#1216 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Finding genuine news about Tesla is a pretty fraught process. Every day there is a new batch of articles trashing it.

Yup, and where there's smoke there's fire: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/14/tesla-manufacturing-high-volume-of-flawed-parts-employees.html

#1217 6 years ago

It's a good thing none of the other major car manufacturers have recalls of vehicles or parts after they've been sold ... oh wait.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/14/news/companies/ford-steering-wheel-recall/index.html

.... so yeah, let's blame Tesla for repairing too many things before the cars even leave the factory. Meanwhile it seems you hear about thousands of cars being recalled every month from every major car manufacturer. What a silly article.

#1218 6 years ago

This is the same article the first one referenced. It's all the same nonsense, Joe anonymous who may be or may have been an employee has no authorization or ability to speak about issues at Tesla says 40% of all parts need to be reworked. LOL

#1219 6 years ago

Fake News People! Fake News!

#1220 6 years ago

Yeah, if it's not true they'd probably be hitting their production goals, but they're not, by a long shot, so something is quite wrong. If Tesla can't produce the Series 3 with a modicum of quality in the numbers they need to in order to be profitable, it's bad news for the company plain and simple. Maybe Musk will eventually get tired of the car scene, sell what's left of the company out, and concentrate on space.

#1221 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeah, if it's not true they'd probably be hitting their production goals, but they're not, by a long shot, so something is quite wrong. If Tesla can't produce the Series 3 with a modicum of quality in the numbers they need to in order to be profitable, it's bad news for the company plain and simple. Maybe Musk will eventually get tired of the car scene, sell what's left of the company out, and concentrate on space.

yOLRKHf - Imgur.gifyOLRKHf - Imgur.gif

#1222 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This is the same article the first one referenced. It's all the same nonsense, Joe anonymous who may be or may have been an employee has no authorization or ability to speak about issues at Tesla says 40% of all parts need to be reworked. LOL

not only that, the same author put out the same story a week ago, and Tesla debunked it then too.

#1223 6 years ago

I find it fascinating that the seeking alpha style places scream that Tesla can't figure out how to build cars and they have no experience doing so, so they are dead... While at the same time they purchased automation companies who supply and create the designs for the other major auto makers to make theirs.

...but, any other auto company could just make a new EV immediately and in bulk and make more money too!

GM has sure done a good job with the Bolt, hey? A car with a ton of demand but they won't (or can't) increase capacity easily. Oh, and is being produced at half speed of the Model 3 currently.

Quoted from paynemic:

Just got to sit in a model 3 for the first time. I’m even more sold. Awesome.

Right? And so here is the thing, for $35,000 starting, Tesla has created a car that sure looks and feels amazing in it. Chevy created a car that feels like an electric version of the Sonic.

The reason the stock trolls hate Tesla is because they think it's only tree hugging hippies who want their cars. They don't realize what Tesla has accomplished. Seeing all the new luxury EVs revealed in Geneva shows that they gave up and realized Tesla is now dominating their market and its evolve or die time. The others will get there.

And yet I expect Tesla to continue to lead. The super charger network is still the ace in the hole.

#1224 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

It's a good thing none of the other major car manufacturers have recalls of vehicles or parts after they've been sold ... oh wait.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/14/news/companies/ford-steering-wheel-recall/index.html

Saw that today.. in fact the gasbuddy app alerted me, then I looked it up "MAJOR RECALL, 2 DEATHS ALREADY". Kind of a serious defect.

#1226 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I find it fascinating that the seeking alpha style places scream that Tesla can't figure out how to build cars and they have no experience doing so, so they are dead... While at the same time they purchased automation companies who supply and create the designs for the other major auto makers to make theirs.

if their cars were so crappy, wouldn't that be reflected in customer satisfaction surveys? Tesla kills it in regards to customer satisfaction, though.

#1227 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

if their cars were so crappy, wouldn't that be reflected in customer satisfaction surveys? Tesla kills it in regards to customer satisfaction, though.

Agreed. The Tesla haters are either crazy or have a vested interest in ICEs

#1228 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Every day there is a new batch of articles trashing it.

Because it is. Trash. I get a good laugh everytime they delay and delay. Bleeding...

#1229 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Because it is. Trash. I get a good laugh everytime they delay and delay. Bleeding...

Based on. What. Exactly?

#1230 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Troll much?

Give up your diesel and drive a Tesla. You’ll understand.

#1231 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I’ll give you a test drive. That will change your mind in a hurry, unless you’re immune to actual physical evidence and just want to believe propaganda and fantasy.

#1232 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

The reason the stock trolls hate Tesla is because they think it's only tree hugging hippies who want their cars. They don't realize what Tesla has accomplished.

I think it has more to do with the stock valuation. The stock is trading at around $325 for a company that has a p/e of 0.0 and is burning through $16 million per day.

Stepping back and looking at the company’s financials it is difficult to imagine Tesla, as it is now, continuing forward as a going concern. The cash burn is only supported by the last year’s offering of junk bonds with generous yields. That can only go on for so long, as investors will get skittish about a company that has dug itself into an untenable financial hole.

Also, this product doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Although offerings from domestic giants like GM have been disappointing, foreign competition is quickly growing.

I don’t think Tesla will just up and disappear some day. Should they ever have to go through a Ch 11 reorganization, I would expect some serious bids from both domestic and foreign auto manufacturers that would love to capture the brand and the significant number of loyal customers.

#1234 6 years ago

Out of curiosity, have any of the posters that have inputted some anti-Tesla comments in this thread actually driven in a Tesla? Driven a Tesla themselves? Owned a Tesla?

#1235 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Out of curiosity, have any of the posters that have inputted some anti-Tesla comments in this thread actually driven in a Tesla? Driven a Tesla themselves? Owned a Tesla?

one detractor early in the thread said he was a former Tesla owner. It's pretty rare to find a Tesla owner that doesn't gush about their car, though (me included).

#1236 6 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

I think it has more to do with the stock valuation. The stock is trading at around $325 for a company that has a p/e of 0.0 and is burning through $16 million per day.

Yeah, but I'll remind you people said the same stuff about Amazon.

How could that small crappy company have a valuation near Sears when all they do is sell books online, and they would have to sell all the books in the world to almost justify their stock price?

I mean, that was the common refrain about the joke that Amazon was in 1998 or so. At any time, Sears or Borders or Circuit City or Toys R Us... Any one of those actually successful companies with real businesses could invade that market and crush them.

Amazon instead created its own ecosystem, and the market was valuing that.

Quoted from AAAV8R:

Also, this product doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Although offerings from domestic giants like GM have been disappointing, foreign competition is quickly growing.

But no, and this is what so many of the articles overlook... You are thinking that Tesla produces a product - cars. The market has priced Tesla as a cradle to grave mobility and energy company.

No competitor has built a super charger network, they leave them to third parties who want to make as much money as possible, but their charges in terrible locations and expand only when the tiny market demands it.

No competitor has a solar arm like Tesla does.

A few competitors are starting to make battery backup systems with their old parts, but one in the scale that Tesla has.

So yeah, Porsche made a cool looking car. Do you really want to find all the Porsche dealerships to make a cross country trip? I don't. Tesla is the only one that gets these critical features.

If it's just a car, it's a damn fine car, the most impressive I've ever seen. But it's so much more.

There is a chance they'll collapse, just like Amazon could have. But if not, in about ten years, I'm going to be curious what the auto industry as a whole looks like.

#1237 6 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Stepping back and looking at the company’s financials it is difficult to imagine Tesla, as it is now, continuing forward as a going concern. The cash burn is only supported by the last year’s offering of junk bonds with generous yields. That can only go on for so long, as investors will get skittish about a company that has dug itself into an untenable financial hole.
I don’t think Tesla will just up and disappear some day. Should they ever have to go through a Ch 11 reorganization, I would expect some serious bids from both domestic and foreign auto manufacturers that would love to capture the brand and the significant number of loyal customers.

Pretty sure they'll need another bail out sooner rather than later.

The new Jaguar and Porsche electric cars are going to be cheaper and marginally more expensive than competing Teslas, respectively. Who's going to buy a Tesla in that company? They already have a deservedly appalling reputation for quality control and reliability. Porsche, and the Jaguar of today are at the polar opposite end of that spectrum. It'll just get worse as more cars launch in the high margin, high price space, and within a year or two, far higher volume lower margin, lower price cars.

The stock price assumes exponential growth of the electric car market, year on year, immediately, and Tesla maintaining a virtual monopoly. The former will eventually happen, but not in the next year to 18 months, as supply of suitable batteries simply isn't good enough or cheap enough. In 2 years it will be. But Tesla's cash burn is epic. 2 years is a long time. The latter - maintaining or growing a monopoly in the space - categorically will not happen. Their market share will get smaller and smaller.

Probably their worst decision has been to burden themselves with huge costs. Wholly owned dealerships and charging station networks etc. The more they expand the worse the cash burn gets.

#1238 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Probably their worst decision has been to burden themselves with huge costs. Wholly owned dealerships and charging station networks etc. The more they expand the worse the cash burn gets.

Except those are strategic assets, not liabilities, and exactly the things that will differentiate them from the pack.

#1239 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Except those are strategic assets, not liabilities, and exactly the things that will differentiate them from the pack.

They are a huge and unnecessary overhead in a company with unsustainable cash burn. That does not sound like an asset to me.

#1240 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The new Jaguar and Porsche electric cars are going to be cheaper and marginally more expensive than competing Teslas, respectively. Who's going to buy a Tesla in that company? They already have a deservedly appalling reputation for quality control and reliability. Porsche, and the Jaguar of today are at the polar opposite end of that spectrum. It'll just get worse as more cars launch in the high margin, high price space, and within a year or two, far higher volume lower margin, lower price cars.
The stock price assumes exponential growth of the electric car market, year on year, immediately, and Tesla maintaining a virtual monopoly. The former will eventually happen, but not in the next year to 18 months, as supply of suitable batteries simply isn't good enough or cheap enough. In 2 years it will be. But Tesla's cash burn is epic. 2 years is a long time. The latter - maintaining or growing a monopoly in the space - categorically will not happen. Their market share will get smaller and smaller.

Surely you’re kidding about their quality reputation. Have you seen the satisfaction surveys where Tesla wins EVERY year? The rest of what you say may or may not happen, it’s all speculation. But I had to call out that falsehood.

#1241 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

They are a huge and unnecessary overhead in a company with unsustainable cash burn. That does not sound like an asset to me.

LOL Tesla's biggest advantages in the marketplace are unnecessary expenses? i could not more thoroughly disagree with your assessment.

Quoted from rubberducks:

They already have a deservedly appalling reputation for quality control and reliability. Porsche, and the Jaguar of today are at the polar opposite end of that spectrum.

Any other auto manufacturer would KILL for Tesla's reputation. You are completely out of touch with reality.

https://evannex.com/blogs/news/harris-poll-ranks-tesla-as-automaker-with-best-corporate-reputation

https://electrek.co/2017/12/21/tesla-tsla-tops-customer-satisfaction-survey-auto-industry/

#1242 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Surely you’re kidding about their quality reputation. Have you seen the satisfaction surveys where Tesla wins EVERY year? The rest of what you say may or may not happen, it’s all speculation. But I had to call out that falsehood.

Yeah I noticed the same thing - Tesla is at the bottom of quality control and reliability? Really? Is that from The National Enquirer or something?

And Porsche is at the opposite end of the spectrum? The company that, along with their parent Volkswagen, decided that they would get by emissions testing by cheating, and risk their entire company, costing them billions?

Yeah, I'd take an investment in cross-country charging stations over that any-day. And it's certainly not a liability - they could sell their stations in a heartbeat to any competitor and probably actually make a profit on them.

#1243 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Porsche, and the Jaguar of today are at the polar opposite end of that spectrum

I've never known Jaguars to be quality. Porsche maybe, jaguars are status-mobiles right up up there with land rovers.

Quoted from Eryeal:

along with their parent Volkswagen, decided that they would get by emissions testing by cheating, and risk their entire company, costing them billions?

Exactly.. I used to love porsche as a kid (not knowing back then about umbrella companies, or what their history was). That emissions thing was not only horribly deceitful, but even knowing they were cheating they put monkeys in a box with the exhaust hooked up to prove the point (even though there are computers that can accurately measure it). I suppose germany doesn't fall too far from the hitler tree

#1244 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

LOL Tesla's biggest advantages in the marketplace are unnecessary expenses?

He's absolutely right.

But he's only looking at Tesla as a car company again. Anyone who does that comes to the correct conclusion that it is insane.

But a car company that also is the fuel generator, fuel storage company, and fuel delivery company?

I see value there.

#1245 6 years ago

I love this thread. It always provides such entertainment.

Quoted from rubberducks:

They've never been bailed out, unlike their competition.

Most analysts believe that if they hit 5,000 Model 3's a week they won't need to raise more money. All they have to do is reach a certain level of production. There's no reason why they can't do that. Increasing volume on a production line just takes time and capital. It's not like they're trying to put men on Mars. (That's a different company)

Quoted from rubberducks:

The new Jaguar and Porsche electric cars are going to be cheaper and marginally more expensive than competing Teslas, respectively.

All that shows is that two major luxury brands have to price their luxury car offerings near or beneath the market leader Tesla.

If they believed they were better, you can damn well be sure they'd price them that way. See the $250,000 Tesla Roadster.

Quoted from rubberducks:

Who's going to buy a Tesla in that company?

Do you think maybe there's a reason Jag hasn't disclosed pre-sales figures for the I-Pace?

Anyway, you're asking the wrong question. The question is: who's going to want to sell an electric Jag or Porsche?

Dealers won't want to sell them because electric cars won't bring in service revenue like an ICE car.

And a lack of chargers will compromise them too. Once people take delivery of the I-Pace we will see a lot more of tweets like these:
https://twitter.com/martinjguk/status/974781069655527424

Jaguar's website is hysterical. I wonder why they don't link to maps of charging stations and instead say, "Ask your Jaguar Retailer for more information on your local and national public charging networks."

Quoted from rubberducks:

They already have a deservedly appalling reputation for quality control and reliability.

Citation required. Because I think that statement is bullshit.

https://bgr.com/2017/12/22/tesla-vs-porsche-customer-satisfaction-rankings/

Quoted from rubberducks:

Porsche, and the Jaguar of today are at the polar opposite end of that spectrum. It'll just get worse as more cars launch in the high margin, high price space, and within a year or two, far higher volume lower margin, lower price cars.

More bullshit.

How exactly is another manufacturer going to have lower margins than Tesla? Tesla doesn't advertise, makes nearly all of it's own parts, makes cars in an increasingly automated fashion. A lot of their investment is behind them. They sell more EVs than anyone else in the world and have a backlog of demand in the hundreds of thousands of cars.

Quoted from rubberducks:

The stock price assumes exponential growth of the electric car market, year on year, immediately, and Tesla maintaining a virtual monopoly.

Citation required. Because I think that statement is also bullshit.

The last thing I read on Friday was an analyst saying that Tesla's current valuation has built into it less growth than Tesla is predicting.

Quoted from rubberducks:

The former will eventually happen, but not in the next year to 18 months, as supply of suitable batteries simply isn't good enough or cheap enough. In 2 years it will be.

There may be a point you're trying to make there, but I can't understand it. Something about batteries being hard to buy, or too expensive?

Quoted from rubberducks:

But Tesla's cash burn is epic.

Tesla is making epic investments in battery production, vehicle production, automated production, semi-truck production, solar cell production, supercharging networks, distribution and sales in order to maintain dominance. FTFY.

Quoted from rubberducks:

2 years is a long time. The latter - maintaining or growing a monopoly in the space - categorically will not happen. Their market share will get smaller and smaller.

Because?

Give me one single example of an established corporation maintaining dominance in the face of a major disruptive technology. I've used digital cameras, e-commerce, mobile phones, movie rental, and music distribution as examples why Tesla and other startups will dominate the auto market. I have others. Give me your counter example. Any one will do.

Quoted from rubberducks:

So you're discounting network effects and lowered costs due to higher volume and owning all aspects of production? Why?

I mean, Tesla is even saving money on transporting their cars now since they're using their own Tesla Semis.

Quoted from AAAV8R:

No, actually foreign and domestic competition hasn't grown much at all in the five and a half years since the Model S was launched. To compete with the dominant player in the EV market (Tesla) you need real differentiation and meaningful reasons not to buy a Tesla.

There are no cars on the market that compete with the Model S. None. Going on six years now. The Porsche eMission isn't available and won't be until who knows when. Ford? GM? Audi? BMW? Mercedes? Peugeot? Renault? Crickets.

There's exactly one car that competes with the Tesla X, the Jaguar I-Pace. Or it will, when you can get one sometime this year. I wish Jaguar well, and it's a good looking car, but I don't think they'll outsell the Model X. They're the same price as a Model X and as far as I can see their differentiator is a traditional luxury interior vs. the Tesla X's radically spartan luxury interior. No supercharging network, no big screen, no falcon wing doors, no zombie apocalypse air filtration. It's not a threat to the Model X and I'm willing to bet we'll see low sales volume from the I-Pace.

The BMW i3 and Chevy Bolt compare with the Tesla Model 3 on price, but they're nowhere near the Tesla on features and value.

I keep waiting for the announcements of huge investments in global supercharging networks or battery production but I'm not seeing it. Ford's big announcement that they're going "all-in" is typical of all the other automakers. They're slowly going to roll out hybrids and limited all-electric cars over the next decade, avoid investing in high speed charging networks, outsource battery production, and avoid cannibalizing their ICE market and alienating their dealer networks until they die.

#1246 6 years ago

I can't believe all of you b**ches having such a cat fight over Tesla . You love Telsa, fine. You hate Telsa, that's fine too. I can't believe all the energy you all invest in hammering out keystrokes and insults at each other. It's f#cking weird.

QSS

#1247 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I can't believe all of you bitches having such a cat fight over Tesla . You love Telsa, fine. You hate Telsa, that's fine too. I can't believe all the energy you all invest in hammering out keystrokes and insults at each other. It's f#cking weird.
QSS

Why U here bro?

#1248 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Because?
Give me one single example of an established corporation maintaining dominance in the face of a major disruptive technology. I've used digital cameras, e-commerce, mobile phones, movie rental, and music distribution as examples why Tesla and other startups will dominate the auto market. I have others. Give me your counter example. Any one will do.

AT&T.

#1249 6 years ago

In what way?
Internet: You also have comcast which may be a bigger player than AT&T seeing how they have merged with GE who owns NBC and universal. There are a gazillion other small ISP's (including wireless)
Cellular: You have verizon, sprint, t-mobile, dozens of pay-as-you phones (many of which piggyback on other carriers, but charge half the cost)
TV: I have uverse only because I refuse to sign up with comcast. I'm still considering cutting the cord with so many choices these days (youtube TV, hulu, sling, playstation vue)

#1250 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

In what way?
Internet: You also have comcast which may be a bigger player than AT&T seeing how they have merged with GE who owns NBC and universal. There are a gazillion other small ISP's (including wireless)
Cellular: You have verizon, sprint, t-mobile, dozens of pay-as-you phones (many of which piggyback on other carriers, but charge half the cost)
TV: I have uverse only because I refuse to sign up with comcast. I'm still considering cutting the cord with so many choices these days (youtube TV, hulu, sling, playstation vue)

Communications. All. They are a communications provider that has adapted to the disruptive technology that they became up against.

These small carriers buy from AT&T to provide service in areas where they cannot afford to install their own infrastructure.

Those companies that charge "half the cost" are getting exactly what they're worth. If AT&T's service is not worth what they charge, they would not be selling their services.

Do you really think that Ford, Toyota, GM(The current Company), Honda, FCA, Volkswagen group, and Hyundai are just gonna roll over and play dead. They don't need to have a PR man making bi-weekly claims of every move they are making regarding their own tactics & strategies.

I'm not saying Tesla won't remain viable and independent, I see that possibility at 70% in 5 years.

Not trying to get in a pissing contest.

There are 3,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-tesla-model-3/page/25?hl=aaav8r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.