Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I'd assume Stern all day being Disney owns Star Wars, and Stern has had a great relationship with them.

Welp, I guess that means another hum drum star wars table.

It's kind of a shame...there's simply so much material that can be drawn from the star wars universe in order to make a completely mind-blowing theme. There's no reason that a new SW theme shouldn't be awesome.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I think you're worried about a non-issue in the present day. SW could be the next ACDC/MET for all we know right now.

Yeah, I'm probably thinking too far ahead about what might or might not happen. But I can't say there are too many Stern games made in the past 10 years that I really enjoy playing enough to consider buying them.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think JJP should do Star Wars (so we can see some awesome video clips) and Stern should do Game of Thrones. I have spoken.

Before I saw The Hobbit, I would've said the same thing about JJP doing it. But now...I'm not so sure.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Big thumbs down to this. Let old pins support old movies. We need to be moving forward. There are already two other pins dedicated to those old movies. We definitely don't need a third. Personally, I loved those old movies as a kid. But re-watching them recently, they look so cheesy and the fight scenes are laughable. I am definitely out in a new pin with Luke sky walkers young face plastered onto it.

SW is still very much alive--the original movies are sci-fi classics. The newer trilogy, well, is lacking in some respects.

Personally, I'd welcome a pin for the original trilogy if it were done well.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

What's lacking so hard you are so out on it btw? All the Star Wars nerds seem so out on the new trilogy, but a reason is never supplied that carries any weight.

If falls short mainly in the execution of the story-telling elements. Wooden performances, clunky dialog, over-reliance on CGI, annoying and unrelatable characters (Jar-Jar and a whiny main character), plot holes, character motivations that made no sense, and so on.

The original trilogy was about the rise and growth of a group of characters on a swashbuckling adventure to defeat evil doers. The prequel trilogy lost touch with that magic formula.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

You talk about the original trilogy with a sense of childhood magistry. Which is great. For me it seems like a lot of the original big time Star Wars fans were too grown up to enjoy the new trilogy

Not really--most of my comments were primarily from an objective, analytical perspective of the films as a whole. While I am still fond of the original trilogy, they were simply films that were better made, had a better story, and more likable characters--even though the prequel trilogy had the advantage of shiny baubles, bells, and whistles.

Bells and whistles aren't the story--they're the means to tell one. If you don't have a good story to begin with and interesting characters the audience can relate to, fancy special effects won't matter much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 18.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-going-buy-the-star-wars-license?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.