(Topic ID: 251771)

Who is a reliable and reasonable shipper for a pinball machine?

By Tonup69

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tonup69
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCD2387F-29DC-4C12-AD26-898A4D2D0241 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    5a457b40224be09637f6ecca7635fea803f9a906 (resized).jpg
    9d64414c1e5258e054963931def9bef25a599cf8 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Guys - may have a line on a machine I've been looking for and the price is right, but the machine is a few states away. Do you recommend any particular shipper for pinball machines? What are some tips for packing it up? How much does it usually cost? Thanks in advance.

#2 4 years ago

You can always roll the dice with Michelle Bianchi and STI's "white glove" service.

They will cardboard the corners, fully blanket it, and shrink wrap it as well.
    5a457b40224be09637f6ecca7635fea803f9a906 (resized).jpg5a457b40224be09637f6ecca7635fea803f9a906 (resized).jpg9d64414c1e5258e054963931def9bef25a599cf8 (resized).jpg9d64414c1e5258e054963931def9bef25a599cf8 (resized).jpg

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You can always roll the dice with Michelle Bianchi and STI's "white glove" service.
    They will cardboard the corners, fully blanket it, and shrink wrap it as well.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Did you ever get the refund she promised?

#5 4 years ago

Anybody want to tell me what you paid for shipping and about how far you shipped?

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tonup69:

Guys - may have a line on a machine I've been looking for and the price is right, but the machine is a few states away. Do you recommend any particular shipper for pinball machines? What are some tips for packing it up? How much does it usually cost? Thanks in advance.

Fastenal is about the cheapest I've found. Yes - the nut and bolt place. Pin must be folded up and strapped to a crate. Couple hundo IIRC

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Did you ever get the refund she promised?

Heck no!

She asked if I was going to file a claim. I assumed for any more. So I asked if that was necessary to get just the $75 she said I would get.

Never heard a reply, so I just wrote it off.

If you've ever looked at the claim forms you need to fill out, you would have too.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Fastenal is about the cheapest I've found. Yes - the nut and bolt place. Pin must be folded up and strapped to a crate. Couple hundo IIRC

I don't want to spend more than $300 on shipping or the whole deal may not be worth it. Anybody else got a shipping total?

#9 4 years ago

Bob Cunningham?

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tonup69:

Anybody want to tell me what you paid for shipping and about how far you shipped?

Last fall I sent a game from Rochester, NY to SC through STI (Michelle Bianchi) for $417. This was door to door. I’ve heard Fastenal is significantly cheaper for terminal to terminal delivery.
    Just give them a call with the Zip codes and ask for a quote.

#11 4 years ago

Pilot delivers has been the most reliable and affordable service I have dealt with so for.

https://www.pilotdelivers.com

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Heck no!
    She asked if I was going to file a claim. I assumed for any more. So I asked if that was necessary to get just the $75 she said I would get.
    Never heard a reply, so I just wrote it off.
    If you've ever looked at the claim forms you need to fill out, you would have too.

I had one shipped and the wooden neck the head sits on ( black knight) was broken off the body. I had pre-shipping photos and photos of what it looked like when delivered. Filed a claim, it was denied, appealed and they denied it again. Was BS. whats the point of having "insurance" if they can just deny it anyway

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Pilot delivers has been the most reliable and affordable service I have dealt with so for.
    https://www.pilotdelivers.com

I used pilot and it was a little bit of a headache getting from the wharehouse, but it was cheaper than most and in good shape..
    If the terminals are close to the buyer and seller I think its a good way to go..

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from topkat:

I had one shipped and the wooden neck the head sits on ( black knight) was broken off the body. I had pre-shipping photos and photos of what it looked like when delivered. Filed a claim, it was denied, appealed and they denied it again. Was BS. whats the point of having "insurance" if they can just deny it anyway

Like I said, they make it too difficult, so I wasn't going to waste my time this time around.

I had even paid extra to make sure they were fully covered. The damage was there but not catastrophic, so I'm over it.

I know who I WONT be using ever again. If there ever is a next time.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from topkat:

I used pilot and it was a little bit of a headache getting from the wharehouse, but it was cheaper than most and in good shape..
    If the terminals are close to the buyer and shipper I think its a good way to go..

Same exact thing with my skateball.

#16 4 years ago

Try using uship. I've used them several times w good results and there are a few drivers there that are familiar with pins. I shipped a game from Ohio to Utah for less than $300, Cali to Utah for $200. Best part is the game gets loaded only one time, no shipping depots or transfer points.

#17 4 years ago

Rikzilla on pinside is solid. Used many, many, many times never an issue

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

I was gonna give points to Rick aswell. He’s Rixzilla typically along the East Coast.

Bob Cunningham is $250 a game

STI is pricey as hell, I called recently for a quote. Fastenal from Sebring, FL to Albany, NY terminal to terminal was $240 for a pallet, $420 or so for 2 pallets

#19 4 years ago

STI from Texas to Cal was almost $500 with insurance....killed the deal

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

STI from Texas to Cal was almost $500 with insurance....killed the deal

Better than killing your machine, that's for sure.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

Rick's bringing your Fathom and Centaur to me in an hour. Great guy, so excited!

#22 4 years ago

NOPE. That's why I drive to get a machine unless it's from a distributor like GEX.

5, 8, 10, 12 hours each way - done it multiple times.

About to do it again this December for my Shadow. Either from Sumter, SC to Middletown, OH or from Fort Walton Beach, FL to Middletown, OH - depending on when my deployment ends.

I want something; I go fucking get it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#23 4 years ago

4-500 is average. But, your always going to be rolling the dice.
    My Grail Pin, My...Ive been looking for 10 years for this title.
    There's more, but they are horrible reasons to ship a pin. If its 500 bucks for a 2000 pin, then yes, ship it. But those days are long gone.
    Even getting a Jersey Jack, or Stern, or any NIB is a gamble to ship. Seen plenty of damaged new pins lately. Shipping companys just dont car about our expensive toys. To them, insurance will always cover it so we, the drivers treat our cargo like shit. Seen it, lived it, been there done that.
    Avoid shipping at all costs, they all suck.

#24 4 years ago

I’ve only had a pin shipped twice. Recently $400 or so from Delaware to Illinois. And a long time ago from donallllll on rgp. Cali to Illinois was like $200.. I will never ship again. It’s pickup in person only now. I can wait for a game I want to pop up close to me.

#25 4 years ago

I had a Gottlieb Card Whiz shipped from Myrtle Beach, SC to the middle of Virginia (about 400 miles). I went with uship.com and it was a good experience all the way around. It was set up online, and I communicated with the shipper via email. I paid $180 and it was a guy and his son-in-law with a regular van. I gave them a drink when they got here, and let them play some pinball, then they took off to wherever. The machine had been well wrapped at the seller's house so all they had to do was load it and drive it up here, but I thought that price was pretty reasonable. Cheaper than when I've rented a truck and done it myself.

#26 4 years ago

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Bob Cunningham.

CCD2387F-29DC-4C12-AD26-898A4D2D0241 (resized).pngCCD2387F-29DC-4C12-AD26-898A4D2D0241 (resized).png
    #27 4 years ago

Derek Musket does a phenomenal job. Musketd here on pinside. Reasonable white glove service from va to mass.

#28 4 years ago

It might be a roll of the dice but I had a machine delivered by North American Van Lines for $400 from Dallas to Louisville a few years ago and the 2 guys were awesome. I offered to meet them in a big parking lot near my house but they said to not worry they’d bring it to my house.

I live on a busy road and they parked the semi right in front of my house and brought the bubble wrapped machine into my living room. Maybe I just got lucky.

Nowadays I just can’t afford to have a game shipped, so if it’s not within a 6 hour round trip, I’m passing.

#29 4 years ago

Sounds like I should put a shell on my Tacoma and go make some side money from what I am reading here.

#30 4 years ago

Like most things in this hobby, it’s better to go with a known enthusiast than a big company. Fast Eddie is incredibly thorough and a careful shipper, and not too expensive. I have only shipped 2 games with STI and both were good experiences, although it can be pricey. All NIB shipments have been excellent - because the games are still in the box!!

2 months later
    #31 4 years ago

UPDATE! My 1961 Aloha arrived last week in great (or at least the same) condition it was picked up. Bob Cunningham did a great job shipping. It took longer than I expected, but the price was right and they were very careful with the machine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-a-reliable-and-reasonable-shipper-for-a-pinball-machine?hl=sea_wolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.