(Topic ID: 180498)

Who in Minneapolis got the free Funhouse!??

By Minneapolispin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by BeatBachs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1018 (resized).JPG
IMG_0520 (resized).JPG
IMG_2611 (resized).PNG
#1 7 years ago

I called the guy and he said it was spoken for.

IMG_2611 (resized).PNGIMG_2611 (resized).PNG

#2 7 years ago

Weird, why not just donate it to a children's charity etc

#3 7 years ago

Aw man, wish it was me

#4 7 years ago

Got to be a scam.

#6 7 years ago

that guy is dead in an ally. So I think it's still available.

#7 7 years ago

Ever since I lucked out and scored this Craig's List deal of a lifetime on a dirty T2, I guess I just assume the ads are real, but maybe it is a scam.

IMG_0520 (resized).JPGIMG_0520 (resized).JPG

IMG_1018 (resized).JPGIMG_1018 (resized).JPG

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Weird, why not just donate it to a children's charity etc

Cause they'd want him to haul it to them.

I don't think this is a scam, but the guy is gonna shi* a brick if he ever looks at Ebay prices.

#9 7 years ago

Come on, of course it's a scam.

"Due to a job relocation I'm giving away my "Funhouse" pinball machine"

I think someone started their Superbowl party a little early and thought it would be a hoot to rattle some cages. Funny guy.

#10 7 years ago

Gotta be B.S. What kind of phone number is that??!

Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Ever since I lucked out and scored this Craig's List deal of a lifetime on a dirty T2, I guess I just assume the ads are real, but maybe it is a scam.

What did it take to get it working again?

#11 7 years ago

After an exhaustive investigation it was discovered that the picture of the machine in question was actually stolen from the MoPinball website. If it's to good to be true...

http://www.mopinball.com/fun/funhouse.html

#12 7 years ago

The T2 was just dirty. I spent a few weeks doing a full tear down to rubber and LED it.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from rplante:

After an exhaustive investigation it was discovered that the picture of the machine in question was actually stolen from the MoPinball website. If it's to good to be true...
http://www.mopinball.com/fun/funhouse.html

If I were giving away and pinball machine, I doubt I would bother to take real pictures either. Of course if I wanted to stab some fool trying to pickup a free pinball machine, I also wouldn't bother to take real pictures.

The fact that it was "free" instead of really underpriced (aka bring money for me to steal) actually makes me think it's more likely it was real. If so, the poor guy got drowned in people's made up sob stories about needing a pinball machine for their "family"...the cutoff part of the ad talked about how he wanted it to go to a good home with kids.

#14 7 years ago

There was a free Chicago Cubs pin a couple days ago. To who could give the best Wookie on their message to the phone number.

Looked legit, was in Plymouth, MN. Edit : More similar ads popped up, so probably fake. Or collecting Wookie Growls.

LTG : )

#15 7 years ago

Post on Cleveland Craigslist - cleveland.craigslist.org link

Exact same listing as that one

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There was a free Chicago Cubs pin a couple days ago. To who could give the best Wookie on their message to the phone number.
Looked legit, was in Plymouth, MN. Edit : More similar ads popped up, so probably fake. Or collecting Wookie Growls.
LTG : )

Sounds like someone was playing a prank on a buddy. I now know how i'm gonna to annoy my jackass father-in-law though. Hopefully he enjoyed the spring loaded glitter bomb I sent this past week.

#17 7 years ago

Yeah, I used to be skeptical as well until I scored my Judge Dredd on Craig's for $200. It's the nicest game in my collection currently.

Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 40.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-in-minneapolis-got-the-free-funhouse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.