2800EF78-F2A8-426C-8B33-AFF7AE33E8D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7782 (resized).jpg
20180704_171224 (resized).jpg
DBB6C15F-0E27-48F8-B51B-5EE5D2585D55 (resized).jpeg
C755F9C8-2A57-4CEC-924F-08A9E8A9B19F (resized).jpeg
899AF81E-29EA-4A2E-BD57-DA2A1723DBCB (resized).jpeg
5AB3642F-4F32-40BE-A4D7-0054CEB15907 (resized).jpeg
20191222_190724 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-dood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Due to so many posts I saw hating on Gottlieb, I wanted to know how many people here like Premier Gottliebs?(system 80b and system 3) Most of them I played are badass and I just don't see how one could not like them? I don't want reasons why you hate it because I've heard just about every reason ever on here. Who loves Gottlieb?! It's like no one talks about them on here...

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Due to so many posts I saw hating on Gottlieb, I wanted to know how many people here like Premier Gottliebs?(system 80b and system 3) Most of them I played are badass and I just don't see how one could not like them? I don't want reasons why you hate it because I've heard just about every reason ever on here. Who loves Gottlieb?! It's like no one talks about them on here...

Glad to here you got some. I mean I own only solid state Williams games and two Gottlieb EMs, but I love the premier Gottliebs. Fun as hell

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

in the past 2 years MANY people have gotten over the BS status quo opinions and realized Gottlieb made some of the best games out there. Sure, they cheaped out on cabinet quality, but they made up for it in great engineering, design, unique layouts, $$$$ invested into audio, and shear volume of cool titles.

Very true! But yeah man I think they had some of the toughest cabinets though

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Really? They seem to have the most solid cabinets out there

That's what I thought!

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Newport-Bill:

I have a Premier Hot Shots. Actually a fun game - has drop targets, ramps, multi-ball and an outlane kickback. Plays pretty fast. Also has a ball accelerator - like the old Hot Wheels car type with two motorized wheels that shoots the ball faster on the top ramp shot. Lots of crazy circus sounds and voice call outs. The only real negative is the crappy translite picture.

Haha great game, dude I love the translate hahah so 80's. Paints a picture of the decade.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

80s and 90s gottliebs have some really cool 'alternate' layouts. They're not about flow at all. I love how they've just got this whole separate design discipline completely diverged from the standard layout norms

That's what I'm saying!

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I like all pinball...

AMEN, who doesn't like playing a pinball machine???

#25 7 years ago

People say they hate Gottlieb all the time yet at every convention I've been to there have been lines for them and no other game. The concepts Gottlieb had were cool as hell. Not the typical pinball themes.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is something you dreamed and doesn't actually happen in real life.

Happened at Pinsburg when I was playing a Freddy and a TX Sector. Why the hell would I make that up?

#31 7 years ago

They're strange and little seen games. Everyone sees MM, TZ, and AF everywhere. Revolutionary games! But it's cool to see other pins for a change

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

No, he's right, many people never see these games except at shows, so people line up to play them when they can.
I'll give the whole library a run through when I can, always fun to play Rock or SNS or (gawd) Cactus Jacks (yeeeEEE HAW!) Unlimited room, I'd own em all.

EXACTLY! I dont make stuff up! I tell it how I see it

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

To use that cargument, just like Chrysler products, Gottlieb has always had a place in the pinball world.

Good point, I mean they did invent the flipper

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

I love my Gottlieb games and don't understand the bashing that some people engage it. I own Hollywood Heat, Rock, Street Fighter 2, and Stargate. They have all been lots of fun and very reliable, trouble-free games for me.

NICE! That's awesome, man!

#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Dopes214tx:

Just picked up a Black Hole. It's been as fun as my 90's dmd games have been and just as fast. Great Game.

Beautiful game! Getting multiball on that game makes my hands sweat haha especially when there are balls on different playfields at the same time haha absolute chaos

#52 7 years ago

My dream game! The artwork is just totally detailed and cool. Nice example too! Leds look great

#53 7 years ago

Like having my hi-score up high for the world to see hahah

IMG_0065 (resized).JPGIMG_0065 (resized).JPG

#55 7 years ago

IMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0064 (resized).JPG

IMG_0059 (resized).JPGIMG_0059 (resized).JPG

#56 7 years ago

Hahah look how tall Excalibur is. It was insane, I'm taller than most pins but that and Gladiators made me feel like a little kid

#57 7 years ago

My pride and joy! Pro Pool!

IMG_0161 (resized).JPGIMG_0161 (resized).JPG

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think it's really funny that some people either love every game from a manufacturer or hate every game for a manufacturer. I played SFII at a friend's house, love it. I played Stargate at another friend's house, meh. I played Waterworld at a local arcade, hate it. I can say the same for Sterns (I hate GB, don't care for KISS, but love LOTR, SM, and TWD) or Williams, or Ballys. Why can't we look at each individual pin, and judge them as one, not all?
It's like racism for pinball machines (pincism?). You don't have to hate an entire manufacturer or line up. All pins matter.

EXACTLY, people will play one machine by Gottlieb and just because everyone of the internet hates them, they do too. Had a friend and we were playing pinball at this arcade and I was playing a Gottlieb there. Tells me he doesn't like Gottlieb and I asked why and he couldn't give me a good reason! He played a few of them and now it's his second favorite company. Sometimes you just have to give games a chance!

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

*cringe*
Sys3 flipper assemblies feel different than most games, but they were designed the way they were for the layout they were used in.
Most people don't like they simply because they don't act quite like a WPC assembly and don't feel "right". However, different doesn't mean broken, and replacing them would be a hack simply because it's wrong for the game.

THANK YOU! Exactly!

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Guys sorta beat me to the punch...
I was going to say; everybody, please don't like these...I really need their prices to stay down...till I buy them
Yes, they are different/unique.
Yes, they are fun.
Yes, I own many...but not enough yet

RIGHT

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

I have nothing but love for Gottlieb/Premier games!
I currently own a Big Hurt and a Gladiators (both never leaving) and am about to head out on an 1,100 mile journey to pick up a Robo War! YEAH!

NICE! After college (yes I'm young), when I get my own place, there will be some Gottliebs in my collection

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Some of my favorite pins, like classic Sterns as the novelty of 90 DMD's wears thin these are becoming more sought after for the purity and simple greatness that they possess, plus the high, high stench of 80's cheese, has any decade reeked so heavily while also being so fantastic, I think not.

That's what I want my collection to be like when I get older! Check out that Arena, so badass hahah

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I always thought it was funny how Gottlieb went from HUGE blue displays to tiny, borderline unreadable blue displays.
Clearly these guys never read the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

Have you played one in person? The displays are super bright and easy to see. The blue really stands out.

#115 7 years ago

YO, if you hate Gottlieb so much, why are you on this page? (To the people hating). This thread is intended to recognize how fun and innovative Gottlieb concepts are. It's a breath of fresh air from the Gottlieb haters crawling all over the pinball world who only play Bally/Williams and nothing else.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thats exactly why so many Gottliebs are so highly underrated, people go in with a bias, I was guilty of this when I first started collecting and I bought the must haves, MM, MB,CC TOTAN etc. while they were great I don't have any of them anymore and they lasted as long as the 80's and 90's gottliebs, its just pretentious pinball tom foolery, however as most pinheads have played and owned 90's B/W 2 or 3 times over one starts to look elsewhere, I love them all.

Me too! I was guilty of not giving Gottlieb Premier games a chance, then I did and I love them

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I think he's referring to the displays they used for most of the System 80B generation. They were quite small, especially if you compare it to the massive blue beacons they used for the 8-segment displays, or the really in-your-face plasma displays everyone else used.
Gottlieb did eventually use a more reasonable size alphanumeric display later in the 80B's life, and all through the a/n displays of System 3. Those are really nice.

Oh I know. The displays were small but they are easy to read for me. Never had trouble with them.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People say this - and maybe it's true for johnny come lately newbies....but get real.
When I was in college there was an Addams Family and Creature next to a Class of 1812, with an operation thunder and a Rollergames at the student union bar next door. I didn't know shit about which manufacturer was "better."
All I knew was that TAF and Creature sucked me in and I couldn't stop playing them, and that after about 2 credits on Class of 1812 I had absolutely no desire to play it again. At the place next door the same thing happened with Rollergames and Operation Thunder.
I had no bias and no preconceived notions, I just put money into the games that were fun. Like everybody else.

That was back in the day. Now, some of us are sick of playing the same pins over and over. It gets old.

#122 7 years ago

I love Rollergames to death it's one of my favorite games! Again, I've seen a lot of them and it's cool to see other games

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I wasn't complainng that arguing about both sides is wrong to do, at all. I TOTALLY agree (and typically enjoy) arguments supporting both sides of things, etc. You guys are right, that is what a lot of this is about for all (being sincere).
However, in this case, I am trying to show respect to the OP of this thread. This does not sound like a thread created to debate good or bad (there are TONS of those) but more for people to discuss what they specifically like about 80B and SYS3 games.
I mean, guys...even the OP jumped back in and kinda asked people to basically take it somewhere else; stating "This thread is intended to recognize how fun and innovative Gottlieb concepts are..."
Maybe I'm mistaken; if so, my appologies...just how I was viewing it.

THANK YOU. Apparently people can't read...

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man that's hard to believe. But I guess it makes sense considering the huge lines to play "Wipe Out" at all the pinball shows you also told me about.

If you like bashing a Toys R' Us toy senselessly in the middle of the playfield every time you play pinball, be my guest. I find that a common characteristic of late 90's Bally/Williams and it's super easy. You get like a million points for launching the ball in Attack from Mars. (I know I'm exaggerating) but if you wanna trash Wipe Out, I'll play Devil's advocate. Btw I love Attack from Mars but it's true.

#174 7 years ago

NICE, I see that Gladiators. I don't even own a Gottlieb Premier game but I love them. I love all pins of every company!

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Ha no kidding on Wipeout! I look at the ski left mech, the slalom mech, etc and am just amazed.

YES! What other pin has something like that?!

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL. Like many before you you have no idea how to play Attack From Mars.
You keep shooting up the middle and I will beat you 100% of the time.
The AFM code is amazing and not a single Premeir game's code deserves to smell its shit.
Seriously, stick with the "unique layout angle" because comparing Premier's amateur hour code with the WPC stuff isn't gonna get you anywhere.

You have the complete consumer mind when it comes to pinball. If you don't like Gottlieb, get out. Quit wasting our time. Your hits at Gottlieb are frivolous and no one here gives a flying shit.

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL. Like many before you you have no idea how to play Attack From Mars.
You keep shooting up the middle and I will beat you 100% of the time.
The AFM code is amazing and not a single Premeir game's code deserves to smell its shit.
Seriously, stick with the "unique layout angle" because comparing Premier's amateur hour code with the WPC stuff isn't gonna get you anywhere.

It's obvious that WPCs are hi-tech for the time when compared to Gottlieb. Does it make a better game? That's a personal opinion

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thanks for explaining what an opinion is. I think most of us know the difference of a value judgement and a fact.
Yes, to me, and everybody else, WPCs are better games than gottliebs.
I have yet to see anybody in this or any other thread declare, that en masse, game for game, 90s Premier games are better than WPC games.
Are you willing to state that this is your opinion? If $$$ weren't an issue and you couldn't sell the games, would you rather have every 90s Premier or every 90s WPC game?
Think carefully. The world is watching!

You obviously can't read. The thread specifically asks for who here on Pinside happens to like Gottlieb/Premier pinball machines. How calculating right?? Please quit embarrassing yourself. Nowhere did I specify that I wanted to compare companies. READ, it is important so you don't make an embarrassment of yourself. You're too old for this, man.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I read through this thread and think to myself, man these are the same pathetic "PS vs Xbox" fanboys, except its "WMS vs GTB." Just as pathetic. We get there are those of you that dont like them. Doesnt mean you have to convince the rest of the world to not like them either. Get over it.

Exactly! I didn't ask for a comparison thread hahah

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Well pinball-dood????!!!!
If all games had cost as not relavent at all, wouldn't you want exactly the same thing as everyone else and take a total shit on people that want different????? Or at least tell them why they are wrong; with their main defense being that they are allowed to??
Huh!!! Why won't you like my games and ONLY mine and ONLY for the reason I say???!!!
Brother
People need to stop their seagull impersonation...

Hahah! Precisely

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Comparisons are fun though! Creates objective conversation rather than something that's subjective.

Literally thinking the exact same thing. I'm pretty impressed with the System 3 board set. They have extended switch and lamp matrices, too. Look at Cactus Jack's, and the amount of lamps they used just for the hell of it. No other reason than to give the player a good light show.

I see! I am not trying attack Williams/Bally though. I own two Williams! I love them to death! It's just hilarious because it's apparently forbidden to like Gottlieb.

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Actually you did.

You SPECIFICALLY ASKED if it - being WPCs' supposed higher tech - makes for a better game.
The answer I gave was "yes," and then, naturally, I asked for your opinion. And then you started melting down, telling me I can't read, and saying only idiots want to compare companies.
Come on bro, we are all friends here. But don't ask questions you don't want answered, stop trying to say Premier games are good when there's not a single person here who would take a collection of those turds over a collection of WPC games, and stop trying to pretend that you don't think this thread is a proper place for this kind of discussion and comparison.

It states nowhere that I want comparisons.

IMG_0189 (resized).PNGIMG_0189 (resized).PNG

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not forbidden. Knock yourself out.
If you haven't noticed - and judging by your responses, you haven't - I've even praised some aspects of Premier's output in this thread. It's allowed!

Dude, I think you're super cool and yes I have noticed! You're the only one trolling on here though. I wanted to hear from people who have the games and like them.

#201 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I'm just saying that accepting dissenting opinions makes for good conversation here, even if it's a Gottlieb/Premier love-fest.

I completely agree! If one were to politely and professionally comment on the weaknesses or strengths that they think a company encompasses, that is certainly welcome.

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Yeah, this seemed like it was going to be a good thread. Always the same person shitting up threads.

Yeah! All I wanted to do is talk about the games haha

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Yeah, this seemed like it was going to be a good thread. Always the same person shitting up threads.

EXACTLY

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That's because no one ever gets a chance to play them otherwise - most people don't keep them in their collections for long.
When I'm at a show I *always* play the weird odd-ball game you never see normally. I can play MM, AFM, TZ etc. anytime.

You know what's up! Just compare the production runs!

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Anyways. Gottlieb love fest continued...
Gold Wings has one of the most unique layouts I've ever seen!
Spirit has the playfield display which I've always appreciated.
Q-Bert's Quest is mind-bogglingly strange. Of all the arcade games to make a pinball out of, Q-Bert would not have been my first, or second, or five hundredth choice. They owned the rights to the swearing orange fella, so why not?
Rock. \m/ Don't have much of an opinion about it, but I did think it was cool that Lord of the Rings got swapped out for it during the finals of INDISC 2016.
Genesis is ramp shooting par excellence. Just don't stare at the backglass art for too long. (BTW, I love how Gottlieb took the photograph route for most of their 80's games. It's cheesy but it's a good kinda cheese, like melted velveeta)
Monte Carlo!!! One of my favorite games ever. Love how you're rewarded for shatz-ing. Love the multiplayer action, from stealing other players' locked balls to hitting the 10,000,000 point ramp when it's lit! Plus, fantastic music. All the G/Ps had such incredible music! Even terrible ass Class of 1812 - completely agreed that the "rapping" makes me want to lobotomize myself with a screwdriver, but at the same time, no game has ever sounded like that before, or since.

YES, great response! This is the stuff I wanted! I agree, man hahah the back glasses are hilarious! Spring Break for example, who are those people you know? Where are they at now? Haha super cheesy and 80's

#213 7 years ago

I absolutely loved this one, I'm a huge horror movie fan and Gottlieb tended to have horror style concepts throughout their lifetime. (Haunted House, Class of 1812, Spirit). The art and game play is KILLER!

IMG_0046 (resized).JPGIMG_0046 (resized).JPG

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Amazing art! I wish it wasn't so rare a machine! Just for the look alone even.

For sure! Check out that awesome display in the playfield. I love the programming as well. The displays get all possessed during multiball, SO SICK!

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

any good game is a good game regardless of who made it. Many of these games really rock. Some of the themes are duds but that's still happening today :^D
Take Genesis, I love that era because you turn it on and the game is pretty much immediately ready to play, way faster than any other SS.

For sure!

#222 7 years ago

I know I've already posted this but my stomach dropped when I saw this beaut

IMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0064 (resized).JPG

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It's funny how

Sorry...finally had to chime in. Sometimes I agree and disagree with Whysnow, but here, he couldn't be more right.
We all get critical and have opinions on here, but it's always the same two or three assclowns that troll and ruin every single thread with negative comments, and cloud the thread with a bunch of BS posts. Worse - they do it in a condescending and disrespectful manner because THEY THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING. An OP can make whatever rules he wants - it's his thread. Just because you chime in and muddy the waters with your negative "I know it all" mentality doesn't mean shit. Levi and TheLaw always have something to say about everything, and I've just learned to ignore most of it. Unfortunately, that gets hard when they are posting every other friggin comment. The sad thing is that they are both intelligent, obviously know the hobby very well and have a boatload of knowledge.
I literally saw this thread sitting there, and as I clicked and started reading, I thought this is great and pretty cool. Something different to talk about. Talking about some games that even though not the best "designs" or artwork, don't get much appreciation and I've owned a few of them. But then I start seeing the assclowns chiming in...and right away wanted to click out, or even worse, drain the thread. I am just starting to accept that some people on here having nothing better to do, or must have some miserable life that they need to constantly rain on everyone else's parade. I guess somebody had to take Kaneda's place.
To the OP, great start of a thread, and I wish the trolls could stay out of at least one thread for once and let us actually enjoy the hobby. I have enough stressors in my life, and pinball and pin forums is not supposed to be one of them. Like others have said repeatedly, I love everything pinball. I don't care if you like Bally, Williams, Gottlieb, Premier, Unidesa, Playmatic, Game Plan, Zaccaria, Wico or friggin Zizzle. (well, maybe not Zizzle). Each game IMO has something unique and intriguing.
I have some of everything in my collection, and like it that way. I'm actually in the process of parting with this because of space, and having second thoughts because it's such a nice freakin example of the game.

Thank you so much, man. You read my mind!

#243 7 years ago

Thread is starting to look good, dudes... NICE!

#244 7 years ago

Such a cool shaped game with awesome voice

IMG_0057 (resized).JPGIMG_0057 (resized).JPG

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Currently own gladiators, wipeout, class of 1812. Used to own big hurt and bonebusters. Love the system 3 games. Built like tanks, rare i have problems with them. None of the ones i have now are leaving anytime soon, and id still have bonebusters if it didnt scare my kid. I wasnt a fan of big hurt, but it went to a good home where he loves the game!

Hahah! Damn! It scared your kid? I'd probably be scared too if I were little hahah

#254 7 years ago

Hahah, man! That's nice of you to do that though, man hahah Bone Busters is such a sweet game, LOVE art. It's the background on my phone My older sister said she heard Firepower talking once at like 3 in the morning on a work night I went upstairs and all the lights were off and no one was up there! I'm 20, years old but I got the worst cold chills up there it was terrifying as hell. I ran the hell out of there and my sister said I was white as a sheet hahahah. Haunted game! My house is scary

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

My wife still asks me sometimes if i got up to play pinball in the middle of the night or before work or something. She swears she hears the games in the basement being played. Very strange!

You get it too? Insane, man! The pins speak at night hahah

#258 7 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

I own 2, a Hot Shots and a Gold Wings. I really enjoy them a lot. Both games have very unique layouts and are very fast playing machines. These are the only 2 machines that I never have to touch, there bullet proof. I don't see why they get hated on so much.

Nice! I always loved the speaker placement on the Hot Shots. Fills the room with the music and sounds perfectly

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Guess I'll post the pics I took of my Stargate the other day since I haven't posted them here yet. As of January 30 I've had this machine for a year, with no plans of trading it! Ever since I fixed all the problems it had when I bought it (Which were all pretty minor, and a great learning experience) I haven't any other significant issues with it. Definitely one of the best games you can get for $1800, and an amazing starter game.

I still need to get some LEDs, and I'd also really like to get the side rails and stuff chrome plated... That would look perfect with all the other gold accents Stargate has!

Beautiful game, man love the flyer next to it too!

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Thanks! I plan on getting the flyer for every game I ever own. I figure eventually I'll have a wall filled with flyers. Or at least, I *hope* I do!

Same here, man!

#267 7 years ago

Man, it's insane how complicated the ramp layout looks on Stargate, very cool! There's a SUPER mint one like yours at this bowling alley near me

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I have one for every pinball ive owned, im about to start working on arcade game flyers ive owned. All framed i have the whole length of my basement so far with frames. It turned out pretty good!

Let's see some pictures if you get the time!

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Love those. So many gottliebs have them just to liven stuff up. You'd be lucky to ever even get a third slingshot on a WPC

I totally agree, man! Although Bride of Pinbot does have a third sling in the pop bumper area! having more than two slings makes the game fast and fun hahah

#274 7 years ago

How many of you all ever had the honor of playing TX-Sector? I did at Pinsburg! Had to wait in line for it and when I got there, the bass speaker on the under cabinet shook the floor. The music was 80s as HELL! It was sick! Hahah

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Shit, can't wait till I go back Kentucky way...I'll stop by for some games

Talking about me, man? Hahah. No problem

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Play games? Hahah

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Talking to me? Haha no problem, man

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Random system 3 pics

Thanks for sharing man! Dang!

Quoted from zimjoe:

I would like to point out that all this positive talk about Gottliebs will only make prices go up. When it was just a few crazies talking about how good Gottlieb games could be, we were largely ignored. This is getting hard to explain.

Hahah true! I just couldn't help myself and I had to create this thread! I just always had a love for Gottliebs. They are extreme amounts of fun and super interesting. I couldn't see how one could not like one?!

#287 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Enjoying game on this timeless classic in OBX NC today!
Really lovin that amazing sound quality whysnow was telling me about!

Hahah for sure! I love the art both on the playfield and translite

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

What about Freddy? I really like the theme and the art, seems everyone hates the game. I feel like if I had one I could create some cool mods just because of all the elm Street licenses stuff out there. What is the max I should pay for a players Freddy?

I love Freddy! I'm a huge fan of the Nightmare on Elms all the way up until Freddy's Dead. So having the Gottlieb style on a Freddy pin is a double positive

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Enjoying game on this timeless classic in OBX NC today!
Really lovin that amazing sound quality whysnow was telling me about!

We have a Spring Break at this place I'm about to get a summer job at fixing pins. Waiting on a new boards! Battery damage What does that top flipper lead to? Drop targets??

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from Scotty78:

Always was a fan of System 3's/Premiers. I'll always buy one at the right price if I see one.

Welcome to the club, man

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Would ya check out that "Automatic percentaging"!

ITS THE FUTURE BRO. What is automatic percentaging anyway?

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Just picked up a Robo-War!

Let the love fest continue!

DUDE! Congratulations!

#309 7 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

Love the nineties gottlieb's. Street Fighter 2 is one of my keepers. Purchasing a Wipe Out tomorrow. Well worth the money these games are not over-inflated because of the haters.

Send photos over when you do get it!

#310 7 years ago

Anyone ever play a Diamond Lady? Such a strange game haha real funny art. Looks real fun

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I'd really like to see how that drop target between the flippers works

That's what I'm saying, man! Super innovative and cool idea

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Diamond Lady is a good game. Pretty tough too. If I recall correctly, it was Jon Norris's first production game and it was designed more for the advanced player (hit only certain targets while completely avoiding others), and it was less approachable for a beginner for high scores.

Ah, nicee. Happen to know where I could play one?

#320 7 years ago

Hahaha, although the art on those Gottliebs may have been strange for the time, but for me, it translates differently now! It might just be me but I never had the chance to live through the 80's so seeing art work that defines an era is just something really cool to me as a young pinball player

#322 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Heh, I always assumed it looked especially bad to me since I didn't live through the 80s

It's a funny bad! It's fun to look at the goofy 80's style hahaha

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Most of them, to me, are like Bally's Truck Stop: I'd be embarrassed to be seen owning it

Really? I've seen far worse translites. GOT is a great game but it has a pretty boring backglass

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from Vongoosewink:

I've got an Arena and had an Excalibur for a while, and play Premier pins any chance I get - their layouts are always refreshing and unique, rather than the same old fan design.
I also find the photo translights fun. I found a non-faded version for both the Arena and Excalubur, and it made them both look 100% better.
Also, a tip for my fellow Premier owners who want to get the most out of your backglass - try putting a 'daylight' bulb in there instead of a warm white. The daylight bulbs will illuminate the art better, making the actual colors of the art 'pop', without giving it a sickly yellow tint.

Very cool, man. I always thought the art was fun too hahah.

#328 7 years ago

Vongoosewink Coulden't agree more! Love the different playing style on Gottliebs. Arena rules, hope to get one soon!

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's a pretty funny topper for Spring Break.

Hahah I agree. I wonder who got that one? It's kind of the same thing with Laser War. The flyer had a topper but it was never mass produced, only one or two people have them!

#342 7 years ago

Speaking of... Recbar stocked up on some gems first time playing Spring Break, KILLER game! Played it like 20 times in a row

IMG_0195 (resized).JPGIMG_0195 (resized).JPG
IMG_0197 (resized).JPGIMG_0197 (resized).JPG
IMG_0198 (resized).JPGIMG_0198 (resized).JPG

#355 7 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Gottlieb made some very nice games. Had quite a few stinkers as well, mostly due to a big lack of refinement in the software department.
I own a Black Hole, Haunted House, TX-Sector, Night Moves and Street Fighter II and I like them all. TX and Black Hole are definately my favorites of the bunch. I also own a Hot Fire Birds, a machine by German brand NSM. It has a playfield designed and produced by Premier/Gottlieb inside it. My brother owns an Arena and a Surf 'n' Safari, which we enjoy immensely with a few beers on the side.

NICE! A TX-Sector? Lucky! Played one at the convention. One of the best sound qualities I've heard from a pin I bet it sounds so awesome at home. hahah I put my phone to the speaker just to record the phenomenonal quality. The bass makes the floor shake haha

#357 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Black hole is another one. I love the game play and the look, but the multiball is virtually unachievable and when you get it it is so short. When I had one my buddy and I would just load up 4 games on it and just try and get nultiball the whole time. Sometimes we'd go all night and only achieve it once or twice. It would be cool if it was a little easier because it's one of the coolest multiball in all of pinball.
Don't get me wrong I still love gottleib.

I have gotten multiball a few times! Absolutely chaotic when there's balls on different playfields hahah love it

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Three inexpensive pins that each have some cool ball tricks, shots and toy features. I recently sold my XMLE, which I had a blast with, to once again go with a low budget lineup. I have a Shadow in the workshop that I'll play for a bit again before selling and a TFTC that will be a keeper since my wife misses the previous one. I can do without Bally/Williams and new Sterns beause we just enjoy playing pinball.
It's easy to get caught up with the Pinside opinions of A list, B List games and it just boils down to fanboy attitudes like most other forums - cars, trucks, Xbox vs PS4, etc. Gotta just have fun and who cares what strangers on a forum think of a pinball machine you own? It's like, "whatever dude", when I read most Pinside threads. Fun is fun when it comes to pinball.

Well said! I love every company. I made this thread because Gottlieb rules and I kept seeing so much hate! It's a legendary company!

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Same thing happened to me with Freddy. I waited 4 damn months to get a really minty one from a friend of mine, only to bring it home and have my then 3-year old daughter tell me she didn't like it, and pretty much demanded that I get rid of it. So I had to. Only had the game for a week...what a shame. She tolerates a lot of horror pins already without issue, that one just freaked her out. (Freaked me out a little too when the "1,2 Freddy's comin for you" singing would start.
Freddy is definitely one of the better Premier pins...awesome audio, and the artwork is ridiculously cool and colorful on the cabinet.

Ah, what a shame! Such a killer light show on the back glass Even during attract mode!

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

And I absolutely love so much about 1812. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a nice one to buy close to me......But I will say after staring at Amkoepfer's pics for 5 minutes, what the F@#$ is that thing on the left sling plastic? (pic reposted for convenience) It's as weird as the baby with the Phantom mask on POTO, on the plastic next to the spinner.

Class of 1812 is one of my favorites, loaded art package and great game play!

#374 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I haven't yet seen or heard the actual games in person, but after playing TX-Sector and Bone Busters on Pinball Arcade, and subsequently looking up a few YouTube vids...
...I have to agree with the comments on superior sound quality vs. B/W of the era. I own a Pinbot, Space Station, Whirlwind and Dr. Who which are rough contemporaries to TXS and BB- in some cases coming even later - and IMO the Gotts' sound is just way better. TX Sector has always gotten a lot of love for this, but I was amazed at how immersive and composed Bone Busters was. The "songs" in the Gottliebs have actual structure and progression and seem like they'd stand alone as individual 3+ minute tracks, whereas the B/W pins use standard loops and layers and chords. And once you get to the actual fidelity and quality, there's no comparison: GTB is better, ears down!
Of course I agree that GTB fumbled in other ways. Dr. Who and Cue Ball Wizard both came out in 1992: I had Cue Ball Wizard for a while and it was fun, but how did they ever expect that to "compete" with games like Dr. Who? CBW's sound is much better but its dots and animations (wait, did I say animations? Oops, there almost aren't any!) are laughable.
So on a feature basis GTB won some, lost some. I've enjoyed the few I played. My main complaint is that GTB callouts are far too repetitive and become tiresome, but then the older games don't have that problem.
I'd love to show some restoration love to an older GTB... or even a Bone Busters for "newer". After Louisville Expo I plan to get back to rebuilding my Big Hurt... assuming I can remember how it came apart before we moved last year...

I will be at the Louisville expo too

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

I actually like the cheesy. I have a bad girls and would really like to get genesis, Hollywood heat , Hard body and others. The price to value ratio is way higher than a new stern. ROCK GROUPS and other Franchises. Premier is like a great dive. bar. STERN is like an Applebee's, always good, cookie cutter, and expensive for what you get.

Me too, man! I think they are awesome to look at haha. Really different and funny looking

#383 7 years ago

Opinions on Monte Carlo?? Looks super fun. Backglass depicts David Gottlieb and the owner of Gas Light Lounge (at the time) with a few others at the Gas Light Lounge at O Hare airport! Next time I'm at that airport I'm going to go look for it hahah

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

It was funny bad back in the 80s too . I was a teenager when it came out ... still looked silly compared to other games of the era. Gottlieb was playing around with that "Vitragraph" approach to applying playfield art.
What I absolutely love about many of these System 80Bs is the retro-sounding sound/music in the right developer's hands.
If the first 80B game you hear is Hollywood Heat, you will want to drive an icepick in your eardrums ... especially with that frigging "La Cucaracha" sound (the music from that cocktail pin "Night Moves" would work great with this game, but I think Night Moves uses a different sound board).
If you hear TX Sector or Robowar and love retro sounds, you're going to fall in love with the sound system ... it's 8 bit synthesis bliss. They used 2 6502s on their sound board ... one drives two audio chips (total of six channels of synthesized sound), the other drives a DAC for sample playback (for example, the "TX" speech sound in TX Sector).
Diamond Lady has good sound ... it's a very underrated table ... I'd like to replace the translite on that to one that features a woman like Adriana Lima or some other brunette . It's not like the woman on the factory translite is ugly or anything ... it seems like translites with more modern women are driving the prices of these games up (like Raven's alt translite as a "for example" ).

Victragraph is great! Megadeth rules too man

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I implore you to ignore Levi's completely worthless opinion and leave it to someone who actually OWNS the game - it IS super fun. Great music, interesting gameplay and one of the best multiplayer machines around. I'd rate it a solid 7.

I'll take your word for it dude! Hope to play it soon. Ah, it's best to ignore Levi. He's been tripping because Gottlieb kicks ass. If you don't like it, man why do you keep coming to this thread? (To Levi) Come on dude, I love Gottlieb and I own two Williams (SS and WPC).

#401 7 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

I have owned Bad Girls, Lights Action, Camera, and Big House. The Big House the longest, and its not going anywhere. I have found them very reliable and fun.

I have never see one of those in person, how do you rack up huge points on Big House? Love the speaker placement up top, sounds resonates real well up there but I heard it can be tricky servicing the back!

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Racking up points is a little different... you- "break down the wall" which is rows of lights. That advances the top middle lane multiplier. I have got up to 11x. That is 11 x 100,000!
Premier backboxes are no trickier than any other pin.
I also have never done the ground mods to this pin and its been just fine.

NICE! Sounds awesome! I always thought the back boxes were super cool looking. I plan on buying a system 80b or early system 3 Gottlieb with a back box like that... awesome concept! Totally jealous of yours

#410 7 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Whoa, so many things wrong here:
1. Tough girl with fro-mullet is amazing on the original back-glass. Plus that is a real crop dusting helicopter in the background. Besides, no one is going to believe that girl on the alt translite could hit a sniper with the way she is holding that gun unless the sniper was hiding under her chair.
2. All that easy ramp goodness on modern games has made you soft if you don't enjoy bricking shot after shot off that tight opening up to the ramp. I like my "good" ramps that deny entry to all but the worthy. You can keep those loose ramp openings if that's what you like.
3. I just picked a NOS playfield for my Raven. Gonna make this girl shine. Still looking for a NOS translite with better colors.

Backglass is awesome, man hahaha. I've never played Raven yet but I love the ramp layout from the looks of it!

#419 7 years ago

As a drummer, I really dig the drum track

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

I love most Gottlieb/Premier games, currently own Barbwire and Freddy previously Stargate. They're built like a tank and have been the most trouble free games I've owned aside from my one Stern that I bought new.

Nice!

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I certainly agree that Pinside is not the most positive place for pinball out there, but at the same time, I can't really condone blocking someone or having them ejected just because you only want positive comments that totally agree with your opinion.
If your opinion is so weak that it cannot counter any resistance, it's not much of an opinion at all.
I used to absolutely loathe all Gottlieb SS games and I only liked WMS games, but thanks to people championing them, I actually enjoyed playing some Genesis at the last couple of shows and find things to like in many other Gottliebs these days. That only happened because the opinions of others were strong enough to counteract my own opinions.
The idea of an echo chamber where people only parrot the same opinions back and forth is kind of boring and repetitive.

The purpose of this thread is to show love for Gottlieb/Premier because they are so hated in the pinball world. Again, if you don't like the positivity revolving around a company that gets shit on all the time, just move on.

#494 7 years ago

Special thanks to all the people posting positivity about this company. Not often you see something that is not about Bally/Williams pins. I don't even own a Premier Gottlieb but im glad to see there are people who love them too! Keep the photos coming!

#495 7 years ago

In regards to the trolls who can't read, just ingnore them, dudes. They are obviously glued to the computer and have too much time on their hands...

#520 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I thought I went thru all that, but I will check it out. Thank you.
If I remember right, no matter how many times I drop coins, nothing happens. Are these giant electronic coin mechs standard for all sys3 games?
Also, top right of inside coin door pic, you can see the tournament mode switch (just in case someone didn't know where it was, but I'm sure you all do).
Thanks

Nice key chain! You a fan of the movies too?

#521 7 years ago

Very cool addition!

#532 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Heck ya! I think it's really cool that the pin has features/references from several of the movies (well, the ones that were out then).
I'll admit, around Halloween they were doing a Nightmare marathon on tv. My tv was on from A.M. thru whole eve; and when I heard a line or saw a scene that the pin tied into, I got bounce off the walls excited. Lol

Dude, hell yeah! AMC Fear Fest! I have all of the Nightmares on DVD though Dream Warriors is my favorite! Love how Gottlieb added an illustration of Freddy when he turns into the TV set and says "It's prime time, bitch!" Hahah classic

#533 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Interesting thread. I have a question for those with more Premier experience. I've been intrigued a bit about the "street level" pins they made. I've seen video of most of them, but tried none. Just wanted some opinions on which were decent players.
The six games that fall in this category are: Silver Slugger, Vegas, Deadly Weapon, Title Fight, Car Hop, and Hoops.

The Street Level games are boatloads of fun! Played a Hoops, Vegas, Title Fight, Car Hop, and Deadly Weapon at Pinsburg! Super good flow and real fast! Title Fight was super fast and the back box feature was like a nod to the old EM Gottlieb animated backboxes, real fun!

#534 7 years ago

Highly addicting pins right here

IMG_2173 (resized).JPGIMG_2173 (resized).JPG

IMG_2174 (resized).JPGIMG_2174 (resized).JPG

IMG_2177 (resized).JPGIMG_2177 (resized).JPG

IMG_2184 (resized).JPGIMG_2184 (resized).JPG

IMG_2201 (resized).JPGIMG_2201 (resized).JPG

IMG_2204 (resized).JPGIMG_2204 (resized).JPG

IMG_2209 (resized).JPGIMG_2209 (resized).JPG

IMG_2213 (resized).JPGIMG_2213 (resized).JPG

IMG_2212 (resized).JPGIMG_2212 (resized).JPG

#537 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Nice selection of em! Cool.

Thanks! The art on Deadly Weapon is mesmerizing, so much detail

#538 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Title Fight has a way fun and super unique playfield layout! I love the "round house" section in the upper right hand side. So much fun to make repeated shots. It's got a fun little mini playfield on the upper left. And the upper cut loop is also satisfying. It has flow in the most not ordinary way possible.

Exactly! That round house to top right was my favorite haha I got it going 9 times in a row. Fun shot!

#543 7 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Hah... Night Moves is actually the only pin allowed in my living room... by myself. I don't like the 'loud' presence of a regular pin in my living room. Living space is quite scarce in an old Amsterdam city apartment. For that, I like to keep my pins in the game room downstairs. But Night Moves is the exception. It looks and feels like part of the furniture. Not sure if my downstairs neighbor feels the same way.
Great game. I'd like it even more if there were different scoring rules in multiball.

Fancy

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Wow, from reading this thread I've learned about a whole bunch of cool games I've never heard of before. I just looked up a video of Car Hop and I think it looks pretty cool! I love retro themes like that (Diner and Creature both being favorites of mine), and it seems like it would make for a fun multiplayer game. It's crazy a game like that was released in 1990 though! You gotta wonder how Gottlieb thought it could possible compete with games like Diner... That kind of thing just makes these game a bit more interesting though. It's nice to see them getting some love today, even just a little, when they were probably universally hated when they first came out.

I'm glad it's informing you about some of these amazing pins, man! People are just not exposed to these Premier pins because of such low production runs so what they do see on the internet is just people bashing on them! They then just assume that no one likes them. To haters, you can't hate a pin without giving it the chance! Car hop is awesome! Wonderful flow and a great multiplayer pin, played for hours with my brother

#545 7 years ago

IMG_0216 (resized).JPGIMG_0216 (resized).JPG

#547 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ever think about removing the red film over the DMD? I've done that on Wipe Out and Rescue 911 and I think it's a big improvement.

Didn't know you could! Is the display orange?

#549 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

They're normal orange plasma DMDs. Be interesting to put a stern red led dmd in...

Definitely would haha

#552 7 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Sometimes the orange fits a particular game better than the red. I've got orange on the Gladiators but kept the red on Big Hurt. I think the red looks real sharp on Stargate and Rescue 911, but I like the orange better on Wipeout. Couldn't tell ya why!

Very cool and interesting! I had no idea that there even was a red film over the dot matrix! This is all new to me!

#553 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I kept the Freddy I used to have red also, but did remove it from a Wipeout before. I think the red does look good in Stargate also. Maybe recode a color DMD for Stargate and Freddy? Would probably look cool on either game.

I would love to see a color DMD for Freddy! Extremely realistic graphics taken straight from the movies! I recall a few scenes from 1991's Freddy's Dead
On there! I love that movie haha

#556 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

"Your dead Krueger!" Well, can't remember which movie that's from...that one I thought?

Yep! I think that's it! Hahah classic

#557 7 years ago

Always loved the attract mode on Freddy's pinball with the beautiful and blinding strobe show and the DMD says "Freddy is watching you" haha

#559 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Such family friendly call outs. Lol.
Like,when yoy push flipper button in passing and he yells out "I'll break your fingers next time!"....
So awesome that they got Robert Englund to do the call outs for the pin!

Hahah I didn't know that! What do you mean by passing? Haha I wanna try this next time I fix pins Saturday at the bar near me! That's so awesome hahah

#560 7 years ago

By the way, first time working my part time job fixing pins at a wonderful place called RecBar and people played Haunted House, Freddy, and Tomcat non stop! The Gottliebs were getting some love

#563 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

That's awesome that you get to work on games on location...
I kinda miss my younger (under paid) days of moving, repairing, and collecting for local operator when I was like 16!
Collecting meaning doing "collections" of money....not the collecting I do now. Lol

Gotcha! Hahah I hit the flipper buttons too hahah. But yeah! This place is great! Nicest owners and he's super into pinball so we talk all the time and he knows where to find the best deals for pins! I'm talking like a 2 grand pin for like 400 bucks just because the owner wants it out of the house! So I may be picking up a new game real soon for almost free

#565 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Pic of my freddy head for the hell of it....coffee tea on me!!!

AWESOME! Really cool topper I see another premier game next to it, is that Victory ?

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Ya! Thats my Victory!
First coin op machine I ever owned!
The "crown" on freddy was a funny from work...somebody (I pretty sure I know who) at my work made it out of heavy aluminum sheet and left it in my office...then the special sticker....then the "when lit" got added, then the tassel (idk why)...after a VP of the company caught me wearing it while sending work emails and laughing, I decided to bring it home... seemed to fit freddys head nicely
Idk...lol...

Nice!! I have never played a Victory in person! HAHA nice, nice I was wondering what that was!

#569 7 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Y'know what I love about these games? Their bigass wire inlane guides. No flipper hop!!

Right!

#570 7 years ago

This is going to sound so stupid but I'm not familiar with Gottlieb System 3 diagnostic menus (I have a WPC) How can a turn the volume up on a System 3 for example? When the coin door gets opened, the game shuts off! Do I hold that switch down?

#574 7 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

The white thing sticking out of the right-side of that board is your volume knob. Crank it up and rock those Gottlieb tunes!

The lower white button is the one that'll turn your game off. Just yank on it to switch it back on, or do like I did, and bend the bracket it's mounted on so it clears the door entirely.

Great! Thanks so much, man! I'll try this! I wanna crank Freddy up

#579 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I just taped down the stupid coin door power button. Sometimes I need to change volume during a game without the whole thing shutting down.
Anyone else's Sys3 game make a high pierced shrill when it turns on?

Hahah yeah! At work, we had a Shaq that blew a fuse and kept making that super hi pitch noise scared the hell out of everyone hahah

#580 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Mine pops when you turn it off also (scares the shit out of my kids cause I like to crank up the volume. Todd Tuckey (tnt amusements) said in a video of his that like zacaj mentioned it was to alert an operator that someone was messing with the machine.

Good way to scare who ever was screwing with the pin Gottlieb scaring people

#581 7 years ago

I was serving THE beautiful Haunted House and so I had to move the game to get to the backbox... DAMN that thing is heavy hahah

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Oh boy !
I picked up a Genesis and wipeout yesterday, both partial projects, but super excited about them!

Great! Send photos!

#618 7 years ago

Reading my textbook in college and CHECK IT! GOTTLIEB! THE ORGINATORS!

IMG_0237 (resized).JPGIMG_0237 (resized).JPG

IMG_0238 (resized).JPGIMG_0238 (resized).JPG

#629 7 years ago

So 80's and cheesy it hurts hahah, man

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

The hottest action in pinball!

RIGHT ON! I have yet to see a Bad Girls and play it in person :-/ Everything about it is awesome, man hahah

#632 7 years ago

Hopefully at the Louisville Arcade Expo someone brings a Victory! I have been playing pinball for 8 years and I have never seen one! Such a fun and challenging pin

#641 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

This used to be my spot. Gottlieb much? Am I right?

Awesome! Never hear of Super Orbit! How is it?!

#643 7 years ago

Louisville Expo goodness

IMG_0240 (resized).JPGIMG_0240 (resized).JPG
IMG_0242 (resized).JPGIMG_0242 (resized).JPG

#645 7 years ago

Hey PAPA agrees with us

IMG_0250 (resized).PNGIMG_0250 (resized).PNG

#646 7 years ago

New on Pinball Arcade, such a brilliant game with a fun rule set! Great art package and funny theme

IMG_0248 (resized).JPGIMG_0248 (resized).JPG

#649 7 years ago

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Car Hop Pinball Such a little seen game, I really wish I had room for it!

#654 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Sadly, I don't think I have ever played car hop....would love to try it of course

Really? I did!! At the Pittsburgh expo! Super awesome art!

#655 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Super Orbit is a game I'd liked to own someday. It was on a PAPA stream a couple of years ago, maybe Pinburgh. There were two different strategies the four players were using and it was exciting to watch.

I'll look that up!

#659 7 years ago
Quoted from mr2xbass:

My Spring Break.
Vacuum formed a new ramp (and like 5 extras). Added a light by "press right flipper button to launch ball" sticker and lit up the shooter lane but wired them both so they only light in attract mode and whenever a new ball starts or is added. First time I took it to a show, I kept watching people not see how to launch a ball, so I tried to make it as obvious as possible.

That is a showcase Spring Break right there! Well done

3 weeks later
#669 7 years ago

A little look at my Queen of Diamonds side cabinet, never been painted or touched up! All original because she was in storage since 1972 and before that was in an antique store! (Had the door off the back)

IMG_0307 (resized).JPGIMG_0307 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#691 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Anybody in here played Title Fight that has not rated it yet?
Can 2 more people go rate it please.
With the new changes it dropped off 2 peoples ratings so it's not in the list anymore.
I'm just curious where it will fall in the list if it gets a few more ratings.
Thanks.

Title Fight is a terrific game, great soundtrack and backbox animations!

#693 6 years ago

Right! I just rated it

#694 6 years ago

What is your alls favorite Gottlieb that you own? Send pictures!

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Genesis as I just sold my Monte Carlo at patz expo

Dangggg

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

It's looking good.

That looks mint, super rare too!

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

This was one of my favs...but unfortunately sold it a few months ago. Destined to get it back. Great artwork.

Mannnn, so mean looking

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Big Hurt. It's different from my other games and probably a different kind of fun as well, but I enjoy it about as much as the others (not pictured Williams Indiana Jones).

Nice set up!

#705 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

For sale in market place

DANG

#710 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Wide bodies do take up a bunch of space. I picked this up last weekend; when I put it in the lineup, it stuck out a few inches too. Makes WCS look small

A BEAST

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

The vfw event in Ann Arbor has a few widebodies and I played them all last Friday

LUCKY!!! Time Line is one I have never seen in person

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Good point, but I was thinking along the lines of the amount of available lamps and solenoids and such. System 80 really didn't have much in the way of tons of controllable solenoids or even lamps--comparatively speaking. I feel like they did a pretty good job faking it though, using all sorts of daughterboards and aux lamp driver boards to give the impression there was a lot going on.

I love the loud relays in pins like Spring Break... tic...tic..tic..tictictictic Makes for an epic attract mode!

#730 6 years ago

The Freddy at the place I work has the strongest flippers on the floor! I'm not trying to suck up because it's Gottlieb but it's true! The ball smacks the glass all the time

#732 6 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

I got a Tee'd Off recently, I'm a big fan of premier now!

Good to hear, man! That is a fun one for sure

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

Here's a quick pic

AMAZING, good find!

#741 6 years ago

IMG_0713 (resized).JPGIMG_0713 (resized).JPG

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah definitely....every time he did that and I was working on a game near it, I couldn't help but look behind me. I really wanted to keep it and waited for my buddy to give it up for months (it was cherry), but my daughter would literally cry every time she came in the game room and looked at it. She can deal with Gorgar, BSD (although the laughing in attract mode freaks her a little), MSF...but with Freddy, she wasn't having it. I'll get another one someday (and some Pinball Armor probably).

Mannnn, I bet Tales from the Crypt would freak kids out too. The DMD animations are terrifying! (I know it's Data East but just thought I'd add!)

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Freaks me out too every time I leave mine on and he does the laugh. Hahaha.

Hahahah. We have one where I work, my favorite pin there! I'm a huge fan of the movies and I have every single one up until Freddys Dead! What does Freddy say when you hit the flipper buttons on attract mode?? Hahaha some kid touched the flipper buttons and he said "do that again and I'll break your fingers" hahah that's SICK!

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'm looking for a TX-Sector, someone please help me out.
I'd rather find one in the states, there's one possibly in Europe, but the cost to ship and re-import will cost big bucks

That is an AMAZING pin

#764 6 years ago

In regards to Freddy, how do you activate the left flipper glove? I could never figure it out!

#770 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell everybody! I'm having a hard enough time finding one as it is! Lol!

Hahah!! I had to!

#771 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

There's a standup target on the left side right under the glove. You'll see an insert that says glove flipper. When the insert lights up you hit the target. Another light will come on indicating the glove flipper is active. Then you have to shoot ball into the VUK and use left flipper button. Hit ball as it's coming out of VUK.

Very cool! Thanks!

#772 6 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

To add to Mojo's info, it works like the claw save in that you can activate with flipper several times within a couple seconds (not sure on max number of times/seconds).
I believe the tough shot you are going for at that point is to make glove flipper on left hit captive ball at top right (right of boiler). Hard to do (at least for me).

Very cool! I'll try it !

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

» YouTube video
Here's a video of my Night Moves cocktail pin I just put online for all you Premier/Gottlieb afficionados.
It's the last original System 80B-design that Premier ever built. They built it on contract for International Concepts, so it doesn't carry the Premier/Gottlieb branding. There's quite an interesting -but sad- story behind the game, of which Todd Tuckey speaks in his Youtube videos on the game.
It might not be a Premier/Gottlieb by name, but it's definitely one in every other aspect. Enjoy!

Amazing! Thanks for sharing with the club, man!

2 weeks later
#777 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

There is a Gottlieb Hot Shots for sale on Facebook Pinball Machines for Sale group for $650 in Richardson (Dallas) TX. It looks like it is in good condition and a really good price. I thought that someone on this group might be interested.
John

Ahh, a little far from me but otherwise I would have definitely hopped on that! I have never seen a Hot Shots in person! Yes I love the translite, it's CLASSIC! Thanks for sharing!

#778 6 years ago

Anyone here know the rules of Devil's Dare??

#780 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

You can always email Navl for a freight quote. Probably $300-350.

Right on! I'll see about that! I need to make room upstairs

#782 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I do...I've had two of them, and looking to get another.

Niceeee, what's the objective?? I need to look it up hahah

#783 6 years ago

UPDATE: The Tee'd Off where I work gets played non-stop one of our most popular games and never breaks down!

#788 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Really to knock down the drops and then collect the bonus by going through the center pit. Actually, the cool thing about this game is there are tons of ways to collect the bonus once it's accumulated, including stand up targets and rollovers. Once you get the left drop bank down, you try to lock the ball for two ball multiball or just shoot up to the left KO. You can go for 3 ball multiball by shooting another ball into the captive pit above the left KO.
Cool feature on DD...multiball is timed with its own display (bottom right), and shows the bonus collected. The lower left display also shows the bonus you accumulate as you go, so you can decide when to cash in and collect it via stand ups or rollovers.
For a fairly simple solid state, very fun to play and one of the best backglasses IMO. Then again I am into morbid horror pins.
After describing the rule set, now I really miss mine. Just got rid of it last September. Still had pics on my phone, which is making it more painful. LOL.

I'm a huge horror fan too hahahah. What a shame!! What a stunning and badass pin, so metal hahah

#789 6 years ago
Quoted from Lmjdad:

Is anyone interested in a Spirit? I've decided to let mine go, it's currently in storage. I'm going through it this week. I have more pictures for interested parties, PM for details.
Thanks for looking.
Lmjdad

WHOAAA

1 month later
2 weeks later
#792 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Adding a Big Hurt today and once it's shopped it will sit next to Wipeout in the lineup and replace WCS94 which I'll be listing for sale next week.

LUCKY! Great games you have!

#795 6 years ago

I REALLY need to play Diamond Lady, hahah it looks fun and weird

2 weeks later
#801 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Big girls need lovin' too!,

Beautiful pins

1 month later
#811 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Big fan here. I absolutely love the street level series. For cost cutting, single level games, they play like a dream and the layouts are so different and creative.

Exactly, man!!

#812 6 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#815 6 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

Hello Gottlieb fans
Recently I've been doing some videos for YouTube, and it just so happens that nearly all of them have been repair how-to's on my gottlieb machines. just wanting to help out where i can and hopefully give someone who may be new to the hobby an easier way to digest all the repair information that's out there. i hope you all like. please share with anyone that you think could benefit from these videos. please subscribe, say hello,leave some feedback, or make a suggestion.
P.S. - im currently editing my most recent video were i show how to rebuild system 80 Pop Bumper Driver Boards (PBDB) it should be posted sometime this weekend
Thanks
Brandon
TILT Tech pinball
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Thanks for sharing, man! These are great!

Quoted from RyThom:

Nice shirt!! I've got my red one on today.

Thanks, dude! Hahah nicee. The logo looks awesome

#818 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Finally picked one up this past weekend (only Gottlieb I've had before was a woodrail).

Man, I love the detail on those plastics

#827 6 years ago

Never played this beaut, thanks for sharing

Quoted from RWH:

What!, you mean there are actually people out there who don't like Gottliebs ????

Yeah! Newbies who only like popular games

#829 6 years ago

Good day

7C593CA7-0F97-4631-9E5C-C434071AF474 (resized).jpeg7C593CA7-0F97-4631-9E5C-C434071AF474 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#834 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Finally joined the System 3 club with a trade for Waterworld. The important thing is the kids love it, multiball is great and the rules are solid.

That is a beautiful example

1 month later
#836 6 years ago

EB01BB82-E057-4FE6-931D-0606BF48E7FC (resized).jpegEB01BB82-E057-4FE6-931D-0606BF48E7FC (resized).jpeg

1 year later
#840 5 years ago

STOKED

F7B0A45B-7576-4015-8F5B-FF64795EB14C (resized).jpegF7B0A45B-7576-4015-8F5B-FF64795EB14C (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#841 5 years ago

Buddy of mine picked one, a BEAUT

C74F9BFF-28EC-447C-B4CE-5DC1CC8E8447 (resized).jpegC74F9BFF-28EC-447C-B4CE-5DC1CC8E8447 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#843 4 years ago

HOT DANG

803BB4D8-AAF9-4654-81F1-10685F82D262 (resized).jpeg803BB4D8-AAF9-4654-81F1-10685F82D262 (resized).jpegBE736EC9-04C1-4522-8B5A-F6E77B18CF5A (resized).jpegBE736EC9-04C1-4522-8B5A-F6E77B18CF5A (resized).jpeg
#845 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Did you play at the Pinball HOF?

I diddd, man. Really neat concept

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Did you play at the Pinball HOF?

By the way, do you actually have a Bell Ringer? Think you could post pictures on this thread? Thanks!

#852 4 years ago

Jealous! Love Diamond Lady, never played one but I have the flyer hahah

2 months later
#854 4 years ago

Lyman played only this game at the tourney a few years back. He know’s what’s up

32CA4C28-ECCD-4EDD-A9B9-C07A1111D6A0 (resized).jpeg32CA4C28-ECCD-4EDD-A9B9-C07A1111D6A0 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#857 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Got this yesterday...[quoted image]

Beautiful game! Looks very sleek!

8 months later
#867 3 years ago

New addition!

2800EF78-F2A8-426C-8B33-AFF7AE33E8D1 (resized).jpeg2800EF78-F2A8-426C-8B33-AFF7AE33E8D1 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-dood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-here-likes-premiergottlieb?tu=pinball-dood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.