2800EF78-F2A8-426C-8B33-AFF7AE33E8D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7782 (resized).jpg
20180704_171224 (resized).jpg
DBB6C15F-0E27-48F8-B51B-5EE5D2585D55 (resized).jpeg
C755F9C8-2A57-4CEC-924F-08A9E8A9B19F (resized).jpeg
899AF81E-29EA-4A2E-BD57-DA2A1723DBCB (resized).jpeg
5AB3642F-4F32-40BE-A4D7-0054CEB15907 (resized).jpeg
20191222_190724 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#802 6 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

» YouTube video
Here's a video of my Night Moves cocktail pin I just put online for all you Premier/Gottlieb afficionados.
It's the last original System 80B-design that Premier ever built. They built it on contract for International Concepts, so it doesn't carry the Premier/Gottlieb branding. There's quite an interesting -but sad- story behind the game, of which Todd Tuckey speaks in his Youtube videos on the game.
It might not be a Premier/Gottlieb by name, but it's definitely one in every other aspect. Enjoy!

THIS is why I love Gottlieb. They made all sorts of fantastic, innovative pins. They did really weird stuff that nobody liked, and they weren't afraid! Even cocktail pins and those are nearly universally hated! (I love them) I think almost all of Premiers themes were great. Backglasses.... ugly as sin and I'd replace them with custom, proper art and sell the original to one of those collectors who loves the cheese. I love a lot of the games and the layouts but I think ones like Hard Body and Hot Shots have hideous artwork that I couldn't look at for long.

IF ANYONE ever has or comes across some really ugly, "parts machine/basket case" Gottlieb/Premier machine, I'M YOUR GUY! I would totally love even a terribly undesirable title to work on and add to the game room. I want a "weird game" collection! I'm already off to a good start with Baby Pac-Man, although I had to betray my love of Gottlieb for that one. I hope to add weird pins like Orbitor 1, Night Moves, Caribbean Cruise, Rotation VIII, Spectra IV, Mushroom World, and the likes to the mix within a year or two.
Hopefully one day I'll be renowned at "That one pinsider who's whole collection is novelty pins"

#805 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

They don't care about how brutally unfair the game is, and they certainly don't care about the way those "thin" flipper feel. They just want to see some flashing lights and tons of balls moving around to make it feel like they're doing something special.

That's beginning and the end of it! People like to feel like a pinball wizard and nothing does that like having a sweet multi-ball even if it drains and turns out your score is only 10k!
In today's world I think this is even more important honestly. I don't see lots of people playing games again and again because of the "deep ruleset" I see people lining up at crap games because it's flashy and congratulates them even when they suck! That's how all them fancy new redemption games do it. Have you seen those new GIGANTIC Space Invaders games? You can play them for a solid 5 minutes and set a high score and then you get like... 2 maybe 3 tickets? If Premier was around in today's world putting out what they did in the 90's with updated licenses, of course, I think they'd be on top again.

1 year later
#844 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

HOT DANG[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you play at the Pinball HOF?

#851 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

By the way, do you actually have a Bell Ringer? Think you could post pictures on this thread? Thanks!

Yes I do have a Bell Ringer. Currently securing a cabinet for it

3 months later
#856 4 years ago

Anyone have a sound ROM for Night Moves? My secondary ROM (the one that holds the music) got fried so now I only have partial sound effects

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-here-likes-premiergottlieb?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.