2800EF78-F2A8-426C-8B33-AFF7AE33E8D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7782 (resized).jpg
20180704_171224 (resized).jpg
DBB6C15F-0E27-48F8-B51B-5EE5D2585D55 (resized).jpeg
C755F9C8-2A57-4CEC-924F-08A9E8A9B19F (resized).jpeg
899AF81E-29EA-4A2E-BD57-DA2A1723DBCB (resized).jpeg
5AB3642F-4F32-40BE-A4D7-0054CEB15907 (resized).jpeg
20191222_190724 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If I ever get my hands on a sys3 first thing I'm doing is tearing out those horribly designed flipper mechs and sticking some sys80 or wpc mechs in. Not because of the angle so much as how sloppy they feel.

*cringe*

Sys3 flipper assemblies feel different than most games, but they were designed the way they were for the layout they were used in.

Most people don't like they simply because they don't act quite like a WPC assembly and don't feel "right". However, different doesn't mean broken, and replacing them would be a hack simply because it's wrong for the game.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's not that they're different, it's that they can't do a dead bounce. There's just too much play in the bushings. Same with the links. The whole mech is just sloppy. Shots are hard to make consistently, it's hard to drop catch (not that you need to, both because of the angle and because the slop deadens the ball).

Have you had a chance to play one that has rebuilt flipper assemblies with new parts?

Just like any other assembly, they're going to have slop when using the old, worn parts.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Their 90s stuff is truly awful. no I haven't played Stargate. If it's as good as people always try to say it is, maybe Premier put out ONE game in the 1990s that can hang with the B/W stuff.

The thing is, you don't *have* to compare them to B/W stuff. The games aren't competing against each other in the arcade space anymore, so it doesn't really matter.

Just take the games as they are and enjoy them for what they are. If they are better or worse than a different game from the same year, it doesn't really matter at this point.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So once again most lovers of premier are bored of everything else and gravitate towards cheap ass games that are wacky because they are unlike great games of the time.
Congrats!

It's true that most are cheaper than most A-list games. Trying to compare them to A-list games is simply doing them a disservice. Nobody said they were A-list games.

If A-list games weren't $3k-$10k each, I would probably be buying those. But for the same price as one A-list game, I can get a whole row of slightly lesser games and have an interesting variety of layouts and themes.

So yeah, price does play a factor, but if Gottlieb games were complete duds, I probably wouldn't own them. But, they do have some redeeming features, and can be fun to play. So, if you don't want them, I'll happily take them. Or, if you want to give me a few A-list games for bargain basement prices, I wouldn't complain about that either.

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I thought I remembered a little different metropolis one somewhere online before too, but maybe not

Is this the one you were thinking of?

genesis-alt (resized).jpggenesis-alt (resized).jpg

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That said, anybody know if I can increase the time interval of the skull topper on Bone Busters talking in attract mode?

Dip switch 7 disables attract mode sounds, however, I don't see anything that controls the interval.

#518 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Are these giant electronic coin mechs standard for all sys3 games?

For foreign games, yes. Domestic games used two standard coin mechs for quarters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-here-likes-premiergottlieb?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.