2800EF78-F2A8-426C-8B33-AFF7AE33E8D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7782 (resized).jpg
20180704_171224 (resized).jpg
DBB6C15F-0E27-48F8-B51B-5EE5D2585D55 (resized).jpeg
C755F9C8-2A57-4CEC-924F-08A9E8A9B19F (resized).jpeg
899AF81E-29EA-4A2E-BD57-DA2A1723DBCB (resized).jpeg
5AB3642F-4F32-40BE-A4D7-0054CEB15907 (resized).jpeg
20191222_190724 (resized).jpg
There are 880 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

I have owned Bad Girls, Lights Action, Camera, and Big House. The Big House the longest, and its not going anywhere. I have found them very reliable and fun.

I have never see one of those in person, how do you rack up huge points on Big House? Love the speaker placement up top, sounds resonates real well up there but I heard it can be tricky servicing the back!

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It's a perfect package (art, audio, complex ruleset, and difficult but fun play even for an experienced pinballer).

I think BSD is a great game but art audio and complex ruleset? no

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Heh, I was gonna say the audio is the only good thing it's got

#404 7 years ago

I had a Tee'd Off - and it may well be the worst game I ever owned. Fun for a few days, then - oddly, not unlike a seemingly "cute blonde" you pick up at a club and bring home - once morning broke, it not only got old, but became so ugly it was something I was disgusted with so much I wanted to get it out of my house ASAP.

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

I have never see one of those in person, how do you rack up huge points on Big House? Love the speaker placement up top, sounds resonates real well up there but I heard it can be tricky servicing the back!

Racking up points is a little different... you- "break down the wall" which is rows of lights. That advances the top middle lane multiplier. I have got up to 11x. That is 11 x 100,000!
Premier backboxes are no trickier than any other pin.
I also have never done the ground mods to this pin and its been just fine.

#406 7 years ago

Monte Carlo is a great machine, I've owned several.

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

and had gotten this alt translite for it. The gameplay still isn't great on Raven, just because the ramp is tiny, the pops block direct shots to some of the standups

Whoa, so many things wrong here:
1. Tough girl with fro-mullet is amazing on the original back-glass. Plus that is a real crop dusting helicopter in the background. Besides, no one is going to believe that girl on the alt translite could hit a sniper with the way she is holding that gun unless the sniper was hiding under her chair.

2. All that easy ramp goodness on modern games has made you soft if you don't enjoy bricking shot after shot off that tight opening up to the ramp. I like my "good" ramps that deny entry to all but the worthy. You can keep those loose ramp openings if that's what you like.

3. I just picked a NOS playfield for my Raven. Gonna make this girl shine. Still looking for a NOS translite with better colors.

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Racking up points is a little different... you- "break down the wall" which is rows of lights. That advances the top middle lane multiplier. I have got up to 11x. That is 11 x 100,000!
Premier backboxes are no trickier than any other pin.
I also have never done the ground mods to this pin and its been just fine.

NICE! Sounds awesome! I always thought the back boxes were super cool looking. I plan on buying a system 80b or early system 3 Gottlieb with a back box like that... awesome concept! Totally jealous of yours

#409 7 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

All that easy ramp goodness on modern games has made you soft if you don't enjoy bricking shot after shot off that tight opening up to the ramp. I like my "good" ramps that deny entry to all but the worthy. You can keep those loose ramp openings if that's what you like.

I haven't played Raven in a long time and this is a serious question: tighter than the right ramp on GB pro?

#410 7 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Whoa, so many things wrong here:
1. Tough girl with fro-mullet is amazing on the original back-glass. Plus that is a real crop dusting helicopter in the background. Besides, no one is going to believe that girl on the alt translite could hit a sniper with the way she is holding that gun unless the sniper was hiding under her chair.
2. All that easy ramp goodness on modern games has made you soft if you don't enjoy bricking shot after shot off that tight opening up to the ramp. I like my "good" ramps that deny entry to all but the worthy. You can keep those loose ramp openings if that's what you like.
3. I just picked a NOS playfield for my Raven. Gonna make this girl shine. Still looking for a NOS translite with better colors.

Backglass is awesome, man hahaha. I've never played Raven yet but I love the ramp layout from the looks of it!

#411 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

tighter than the right ramp on GB pro?

Same designer.

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Same designer.

Mr. Trudeau is a sadist, obviously!

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I'd say it's pretty important because then I can just go for battle and avoid Glidercraft like the plague

You can only play each mode once though, until you complete Eye of Ra and they all unlight. Also, why would you avoid Glidercraft? I've scored hundreds of millions of points on that mode before! If any mode should be avoided, it's Save Sari. The scoring isn't incredibly high, and the Sarcophagus is a pretty dangerous shot. That said, I usually play it anyways...

The only time I can think of wanting a specific mode at any specific moment is if I accidentally activate the 3X scoring. Then I would definitely want Battle!

I definitely think it would make more sense to cycle modes via the bumpers or the right bullseye target, but as it is I still don't think it's a big issue.

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Mr. Trudeau is a sadist, obviously!

He has great ideas. I really enjoy GB. I have three 80s Gottlieb games designed by Trudeau. I believe Genesis to be the best one.

While Raven won't win any popularity contests, mine plays fairly well. Guests don't gravitate to it, but I play it a lot. The game doesn't flow much so you spend a lot of time saving the ball. It's good to practice on

#415 7 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

You can only play each mode once though, until you complete Eye of Ra and they all unlight. Also, why would you avoid Glidercraft? I've scored hundreds of millions of points on that mode before! If any mode should be avoided, it's Save Sari. The scoring isn't incredibly high, and the Sarcophagus is a pretty dangerous shot. That said, I usually play it anyways...
The only time I can think of wanting a specific mode at any specific moment is if I accidentally activate the 3X scoring. Then I would definitely want Battle!
I definitely think it would make more sense to cycle modes via the bumpers or the right bullseye target, but as it is I still don't think it's a big issue.

At 5mil a hit? I doubt I've ever gotten over 4 hits out of that mode.

Most times I play I only get through maybe three modes, so you know if you see Battle lit I'm going for the pyramid immediately. It and Save Sari are probably the funnest modes too

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your contributions to this thread amount to bitching about me. Congrats? Meanwhile I'm spreading the gospel of Spring Break and it's awesome sound quality.
And by the way, I didn't complain about people barging into my SF2 hating thread and spreading positivity, did I? In fact, I welcomed it, as I hold social intercourse dear to my heart.
Pinball celebrity?! I don't even have a podcast!

I don't recall bitching about you in the post I made about the five Gottliebs I own (#85), nor in the one about different flipper styles (#99).

You do have Crazy in your handle, so you deserve something of a pass, I suppose, and maybe I'm a little jealous of your notoriety. You post at about 10 times the rate I do, what do I expect? It just seems like a lot of your posts are a bit confrontational, but I will say that at least you can take it as well as you dish it out! And you actually have a higher thumbs up ratio than I, so who am I to judge? Lastly, I need to take all the intercourse I can get!

#417 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

At 5mil a hit? I doubt I've ever gotten over 4 hits out of that mode.
Most times I play I only get through maybe three modes, so you know if you see Battle lit I'm going for the pyramid immediately. It and Save Sari are probably the funnest modes too

Actually it's 5 million for the first 3 hits, 10 million for the next 3 hits, and then 20 million for every hit after that! Every now and then I get a glidercraft round where I end up hitting those targets a ton, and when the mode is over I look up to see my score went up by huge points! Combined with the glidercraft toy and the great music, it's probably one of my favorite modes, along with Battle and Ra's Temple.

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I thought Wipeout was ok for about 3 weeks then once the honeymoon phase wore off...well. .... waiting on that dam skilift over and over was horrible and that dam dumb slalom that took up a quarter of the playfield lol.

Actually you never have to wait for a ball to travel up the ski lift. As soon as a ball is locked in the base of the ski lift, another ball ejects into the shooter lane. Hence the often shouted Shoot The Ball! callout.

On another note, I'm not familiar with enough Gottliebs, but the ones I've owned like Wipe Out and Rescue 911 had fun and challenging timed modes. The difficulty does need to be fine tuned in the settings to get the right balance.

#419 7 years ago

As a drummer, I really dig the drum track

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Going back to the fun of generic/knock off themes; I like to put other collectables by my machines. For instance, I have an LP of Top Gun soundtrack by my Gold Wings...and a Miami Vice LP by my Hollywood Heat.

Ahhh...if only Premier would have paid for the actual licensing...your collectibles would match the machines exactly and make for some extraordinary and interesting toppers.

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

and Big House. The Big House the longest, and its not going anywhere.

Now that's not a game you see every day.

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Quoted from zacaj:

Heh, I was gonna say the audio is the only good thing it's got

You guys kidding? Like it's said many times...to each their own. I think the artwork is great and was chosen perfectly for the theme compared with some other B/W games. Blood dripping display = awesome and unique. And maybe not the most complex ruleset, but various multiball modes (coffin, castle and mist), and several other features. Not always easy to accomplish them all in the same game. And the game plays fast as hell and definitely keeps you on your toes. I do wish it had more video modes than just the werewolves.

And hold a black light over the playfield...the word Dracula and the serial number is hidden but can be seen that way.

#423 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

various multiball modes (coffin, castle and mist), and several other features

I mean, hey: it's better than Lost in Space.

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

And you actually have a higher thumbs up ratio than I, so who am I to judge? Lastly, I need to take all the intercourse I can get!

ALL of my thumbs are up baby (I long ago disabled seeing or leaving thumbs down)! As far as I can tell everybody loves me. And everybody else.

#425 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ALL of my thumbs are up baby (I long ago disabled seeing or leaving thumbs down)! As far as I can tell everybody loves me. And everybody else.

I was not aware one could do that. I found the setting and have done so as well, and just like that I feel 25% better about myself! Thanks!

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Actually you never have to wait for a ball to travel up the ski lift. As soon as a ball is locked in the base of the ski lift, another ball ejects into the shooter lane. Hence the often shouted Shoot The Ball! callout.
On another note, I'm not familiar with enough Gottliebs, but the ones I've owned like Wipe Out and Rescue 911 had fun and challenging timed modes. The difficulty does need to be fine tuned in the settings to get the right balance.

Swear u had to wait when the one mode was lit where u control that slalom thing. Regardless i dont miss it at all and glad someone else is enjoying it . The surfing song never made much sense to me for a ski theme eaither. I did like the rip the crud shot and the pop bumper and thrid sling shot layout/ action.

#427 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pathetic....go away please.

#428 7 years ago

So, how many premier pins had the offset main flippers like gold wings? Sometimes they really screw with me; other times, I love it!

#429 7 years ago

3c339566b119a002cf632d1fab2563767ddc0404 (resized).jpg3c339566b119a002cf632d1fab2563767ddc0404 (resized).jpg

#430 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Swear u had to wait when the one mode was lit where u control that slalom thing.

The ball is already staged at the top of the Slalom, so that when you trigger the Slalom by a lit outlane, you just wait for the ball to come down as you use the flippers to move the Slalom. You might have had the game on Tournament mode which does not save ball locks. So you'll have to wait for the ball to be released down the Slalom and drain before the next ball is ready to be launched.

#431 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

So, how many premier pins had the offset main flippers like gold wings? Sometimes they really screw with me; other times, I love it!

Pathetic. Go away please.

#432 7 years ago

mods, if we move this to a club section does that allow the ban hammer to come out for the trolls?

I am enjoying the discussion on games I enjoy and get tired of the troll posts. Try to just ignore them but they seem to be insatiable lately.

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

mods, if we move this to a club section does that allow the ban hammer to come out for the trolls?
I am enjoying the discussion on games I enjoy and get tired of the troll posts. Try to just ignore them but they seem to be insatiable lately.

Ya, I am unfortunately to the point where I may just start draining threads because I come on here to enjoy an intrest...I can't take other people's b.s. adding stress just because they need attention.

Not the first time I've stopped reading a thread because useless people got involved...sad.

#434 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pathetic. Go away please.

Mods, how is it allowed for someone to continue to ruin peoples threads?...and on top of that, this individual is intentionally taunting people for more attention by making fun of thier posts or by upvoting every time he is complained about.

#435 7 years ago

Has anybody here ever played night moves? I almost bought one (twice) for the hell of it, but seemed like it may get old fast...haven't played it myself to actually say that though.

#436 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Has anybody here ever played night moves? I almost bought one (twice) for the hell of it, but seemed like it may get old fast...haven't played it myself to actually say that though.

it is EPICly amazing! My favorite of the 1 player cocktails! I owned a Caribbean Cruise also, but NM is way better. Good game play and more great tunes!

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Yes. Shocker...it's not very good. But if you are into cocktail tables (I'm not) I guess it would make a nice novelty? I bought one for 50 bucks many years ago, it was just sitting in a college flophouse at U of Maryland my sister moved into.

There's an interesting story behind this one, it was built by Gottlieb as a contract for a fly-by-night operation that was selling a "get rich operating pinballs!" scheme. The idea was the consumer would buy Night Moves, find a location, and just sit back watching the money roll in!!!!!

Of course that isn't how operating works, especially when you only have one game and one location, and ESPECIALLY when that one game is Night Moves.

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it is EPICly amazing! My favorite of the 1 player cocktails! I owned a Caribbean Cruise also, but NM is way better. Good game play and more great tunes!

I will admit I did like the music. Lol

#439 7 years ago

I love most Gottlieb/Premier games, currently own Barbwire and Freddy previously Stargate. They're built like a tank and have been the most trouble free games I've owned aside from my one Stern that I bought new.

#440 7 years ago

It just seems like a lot of your posts are a bit confrontational, but I will say that at least you can take it as well as you dish it out!

LOOOOL really? The guy who stalked my Facebook & Soundcloud? Hahaha! He just blocks anyone who feeds his crap back to him.

#441 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

LOOOOL really? The guy who stalked my Facebook & Soundcloud? Hahaha! He just blocks anyone who feeds his crap back to him.

Sorry I am not aware of the extent of everyone's shenanigans in every instance. I was referring to his measured response to my earlier criticism here in this thread. Just trying to keep it light, sometimes a gentle prodding does more good than a full-on confrontation. I have rarely seen an internet-based butting of heads end well.

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

I love most Gottlieb/Premier games, currently own Barbwire and Freddy previously Stargate. They're built like a tank and have been the most trouble free games I've owned aside from my one Stern that I bought new.

Nice!

#443 7 years ago

Sorry I am not aware of the extent of everyone's shenanigans in every instance. I was referring to his measured response to my earlier criticism here in this thread. Just trying to keep it light, sometimes a gentle prodding does more good than a full-on confrontation. I have rarely seen an internet-based butting of heads end well.

It's good that you are able to show empathy to a known troll. (This may seem like sarcasm, but it's not; I sincerely mean that it's good that you're trying to get along)

#444 7 years ago

Sometimes, the best thing to do is ignore users who you simply can't stand. I've done that and it's made my experience here MUCH more enjoyable. I don't understand why more people here can't figure that out, it's really simple.

I will give whatshisface some serious kudos for being the first person in Pinside history to complain to the mods about someone upvoting them. Like seriously. that actually just happened.

#445 7 years ago

I certainly agree that Pinside is not the most positive place for pinball out there, but at the same time, I can't really condone blocking someone or having them ejected just because you only want positive comments that totally agree with your opinion.

If your opinion is so weak that it cannot counter any resistance, it's not much of an opinion at all.

I used to absolutely loathe all Gottlieb SS games and I only liked WMS games, but thanks to people championing them, I actually enjoyed playing some Genesis at the last couple of shows and find things to like in many other Gottliebs these days. That only happened because the opinions of others were strong enough to counteract my own opinions.

The idea of an echo chamber where people only parrot the same opinions back and forth is kind of boring and repetitive.

#446 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I certainly agree that Pinside is not the most positive place for pinball out there, but at the same time, I can't really condone blocking someone or having them ejected just because you only want positive comments that totally agree with your opinion.
If your opinion is so weak that it cannot counter any resistance, it's not much of an opinion at all.
I used to absolutely loathe all Gottlieb SS games and I only liked WMS games, but thanks to people championing them, I actually enjoyed playing some Genesis at the last couple of shows and find things to like in many other Gottliebs these days. That only happened because the opinions of others were strong enough to counteract my own opinions.
The idea of an echo chamber where people only parrot the same opinions back and forth is kind of boring and repetitive.

That might make any sense if the trolls were adding anything to the conversation, but they're not. They're trolling.

Labelling any time someone tries to shut out someone going around speaking 'opposing views' an 'echo chamber' severely misses the point. They're not here for their views, and the 'views' aren't even anything new. We've heard all that before, this topic was literally made in response to a thread full of them. The problem about echo chambers is people blocking out new info, not the same assholes repeating the same point for the thousandth time 'for teh lulz'

#447 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

If you can't keep yourself from coming into a thread that says "who LIKES Gottlieb / Premier" (whatever) and being a dickhead troll, then you have a problem with impulse control AND you feel the need to constantly flaunt the fact that you can get away with breaking the rules.

Not being an asshole all the time isn't the same as being inside an echo chamber.

#448 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sometimes, the best thing to do is ignore users who you simply can't stand. I've done that and it's made my experience here MUCH more enjoyable.

No, what you do is troll the shit out of people - even off of Pinside, which is creepy shit - and then when they respond, you block them.

You're not reading this, of course.

#449 7 years ago

You could say I lean more Gott/Prem in my collection. Mostly out of the ease I have in borrowing their titles.

#450 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

You could say I lean more Gott/Prem in my collection. Mostly out of the ease I have in borrowing their titles.

'Borrowing'?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 880 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-here-likes-premiergottlieb/page/9?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.