2800EF78-F2A8-426C-8B33-AFF7AE33E8D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7782 (resized).jpg
20180704_171224 (resized).jpg
DBB6C15F-0E27-48F8-B51B-5EE5D2585D55 (resized).jpeg
C755F9C8-2A57-4CEC-924F-08A9E8A9B19F (resized).jpeg
899AF81E-29EA-4A2E-BD57-DA2A1723DBCB (resized).jpeg
5AB3642F-4F32-40BE-A4D7-0054CEB15907 (resized).jpeg
20191222_190724 (resized).jpg
There are 880 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.
#201 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I'm just saying that accepting dissenting opinions makes for good conversation here, even if it's a Gottlieb/Premier love-fest.

I completely agree! If one were to politely and professionally comment on the weaknesses or strengths that they think a company encompasses, that is certainly welcome.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

OP: may I make a suggestion and simply rename your thread to something like - another Gottlieb hater thread? Lol.
Now you see why Gottlieb fans don't bother discussing so much I guess.
I see this thread going nowhere good, sorry.
Enjoy guys!

Yeah, this seemed like it was going to be a good thread. Always the same person shitting up threads.

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Yeah, this seemed like it was going to be a good thread. Always the same person shitting up threads.

Yeah! All I wanted to do is talk about the games haha

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

EXACTLY

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

at every convention I've been to there have been lines for them and no other game.

That's because no one ever gets a chance to play them otherwise - most people don't keep them in their collections for long.

When I'm at a show I *always* play the weird odd-ball game you never see normally. I can play MM, AFM, TZ etc. anytime.

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That's because no one ever gets a chance to play them otherwise - most people don't keep them in their collections for long.
When I'm at a show I *always* play the weird odd-ball game you never see normally. I can play MM, AFM, TZ etc. anytime.

You know what's up! Just compare the production runs!

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

There's a lot of truth to this. Back "in the day" I rarely saw DE games on route, and never saw a Gottlieb/Premier game.

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not forbidden. Knock yourself out.

Sure seems like it from your posts in this thread.

First post in the thread specifically says "I don't want reasons you hate them", and just wants a thread to enjoy Gottlieb/Premier games. Your first post was mostly spent bashing gottlieb sound quality, and then you quickly went off on a tangent claiming that literally any WPC game is better than every Premier game.

#209 7 years ago

Anyways. Gottlieb love fest continued...

Gold Wings has one of the most unique layouts I've ever seen!

Spirit has the playfield display which I've always appreciated.

Q-Bert's Quest is mind-bogglingly strange. Of all the arcade games to make a pinball out of, Q-Bert would not have been my first, or second, or five hundredth choice. They owned the rights to the swearing orange fella, so why not?

Rock. \m/ Don't have much of an opinion about it, but I did think it was cool that Lord of the Rings got swapped out for it during the finals of INDISC 2016.

Genesis is ramp shooting par excellence. Just don't stare at the backglass art for too long. (BTW, I love how Gottlieb took the photograph route for most of their 80's games. It's cheesy but it's a good kinda cheese, like melted velveeta)

Monte Carlo!!! One of my favorite games ever. Love how you're rewarded for shatz-ing. Love the multiplayer action, from stealing other players' locked balls to hitting the 10,000,000 point ramp when it's lit! Plus, fantastic music. All the G/Ps had such incredible music! Even terrible ass Class of 1812 - completely agreed that the "rapping" makes me want to lobotomize myself with a screwdriver, but at the same time, no game has ever sounded like that before, or since.

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Sure seems like it from your posts in this thread.
First post in the thread specifically says "I don't want reasons you hate them", and just wants a thread to enjoy Gottlieb/Premier games. Your first post was mostly spent bashing gottlieb sound quality, and then you quickly went off on a tangent claiming that literally any WPC game is better than every Premier game.

If it weren't for my valuable contributions this thread would have died hours ago and few people would have gotten to read about the splendor of Premier games. Nobody has any interest in a thread that's simply a circle-jerk and threads like that die in 10 posts. We are at 5 pages!!! This is the most attention Premier has gotten here, ever.

Lighten up man. It's called discussion and that's what we do here. If you don't want to read it just put me on "ignore" like many others have done.

#211 7 years ago

Ugh. I hate having a limited amount of downvotes.

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Anyways. Gottlieb love fest continued...
Gold Wings has one of the most unique layouts I've ever seen!
Spirit has the playfield display which I've always appreciated.
Q-Bert's Quest is mind-bogglingly strange. Of all the arcade games to make a pinball out of, Q-Bert would not have been my first, or second, or five hundredth choice. They owned the rights to the swearing orange fella, so why not?
Rock. \m/ Don't have much of an opinion about it, but I did think it was cool that Lord of the Rings got swapped out for it during the finals of INDISC 2016.
Genesis is ramp shooting par excellence. Just don't stare at the backglass art for too long. (BTW, I love how Gottlieb took the photograph route for most of their 80's games. It's cheesy but it's a good kinda cheese, like melted velveeta)
Monte Carlo!!! One of my favorite games ever. Love how you're rewarded for shatz-ing. Love the multiplayer action, from stealing other players' locked balls to hitting the 10,000,000 point ramp when it's lit! Plus, fantastic music. All the G/Ps had such incredible music! Even terrible ass Class of 1812 - completely agreed that the "rapping" makes me want to lobotomize myself with a screwdriver, but at the same time, no game has ever sounded like that before, or since.

YES, great response! This is the stuff I wanted! I agree, man hahah the back glasses are hilarious! Spring Break for example, who are those people you know? Where are they at now? Haha super cheesy and 80's

#213 7 years ago

I absolutely loved this one, I'm a huge horror movie fan and Gottlieb tended to have horror style concepts throughout their lifetime. (Haunted House, Class of 1812, Spirit). The art and game play is KILLER!

IMG_0046 (resized).JPGIMG_0046 (resized).JPG

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

I absolutely loved this one, I'm a huge horror movie fan. The art is KILLER!

Amazing art! I wish it wasn't so rare a machine! Just for the look alone even.

#215 7 years ago

It wasn't all John Trudeau coming up with all the G&P games, though (a fact I didn't realize until I started searching IPDB). Ray Tanzer was also getting busy!

Arena. People tend to focus on the skill shot and the amount of the space on the playfield it takes up, but I like that it's one strange game.

Title Fight. So many ideas packed into one playfield!

Class of 1812. Good fun. Bad rapping.

Super Mario Brothers Mushroom World is.... an interesting concept.

Waterworld kicks serious ass and all haters need to just be Dennis Hoppers' freak already.

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

For sure! Check out that awesome display in the playfield. I love the programming as well. The displays get all possessed during multiball, SO SICK!

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

You should come to the Arcade Expo in southern Cali next month! They have a whole row of G&P's and I think three Spirits!

No Monte Carlo in their collection though. Man I used to see that everywhere when I was a kid, and according to IPDB, there were quite a lot of them made... but I just never see them around nowadays.

#218 7 years ago

I remember the first time I played gold wings...when the ball swooped over left to the "rescue" flipper! I thought my ball had already drained, then saw it had swooped over; I thought it was a fluke....didnt realize for a game or 2 that it was supposed to.

The designers of those games had a lot of balls to try such unique lay outs so many times...and those types of things are what makes pinball!

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

You should come to the Arcade Expo in southern Cali next month! They have a whole row of G&P's and I think three Spirits!
No Monte Carlo in their collection though. Man I used to see that everywhere when I was a kid, and according to IPDB, there were quite a lot of them made... but I just never see them around nowadays.

3 spirits! That's crazy...I mean considering the rarity, thats awesome!

Cali sounds pretty good right about now for us midwest folks, but honestly shouldn't complain; its in the 40s when it could be like 10 below

#220 7 years ago

any good game is a good game regardless of who made it. Many of these games really rock. Some of the themes are duds but that's still happening today :^D

Take Genesis, I love that era because you turn it on and the game is pretty much immediately ready to play, way faster than any other SS.

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

any good game is a good game regardless of who made it. Many of these games really rock. Some of the themes are duds but that's still happening today :^D
Take Genesis, I love that era because you turn it on and the game is pretty much immediately ready to play, way faster than any other SS.

For sure!

#222 7 years ago

I know I've already posted this but my stomach dropped when I saw this beaut

IMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0064 (resized).JPG

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I only made a reference to 1 set of games of the times and now your acting like that's the entire crux of what I'm saying, which it clearly isn't. Premiere games are worse than everything made basically....they are worse than DE also.
I mean that isn't a hard 100%...DM is horrible...I'd probably take some premier over it (although I can't think of one...I'd take nothing)

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you truly love a thread, you must set it free. The OP don't get to set the rules.

It's funny how

Quoted from Whysnow:Sad that yet again the same 3 or 4 guys dump on some great games again/every time to try and control the conversation.

Sorry...finally had to chime in. Sometimes I agree and disagree with Whysnow, but here, he couldn't be more right.

We all get critical and have opinions on here, but it's always the same two or three assclowns that troll and ruin every single thread with negative comments, and cloud the thread with a bunch of BS posts. Worse - they do it in a condescending and disrespectful manner because THEY THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING. An OP can make whatever rules he wants - it's his thread. Just because you chime in and muddy the waters with your negative "I know it all" mentality doesn't mean shit. Levi and TheLaw always have something to say about everything, and I've just learned to ignore most of it. Unfortunately, that gets hard when they are posting every other friggin comment. The sad thing is that they are both intelligent, obviously know the hobby very well and have a boatload of knowledge.

I literally saw this thread sitting there, and as I clicked and started reading, I thought this is great and pretty cool. Something different to talk about. Talking about some games that even though not the best "designs" or artwork, don't get much appreciation and I've owned a few of them. But then I start seeing the assclowns chiming in...and right away wanted to click out, or even worse, drain the thread. I am just starting to accept that some people on here having nothing better to do, or must have some miserable life that they need to constantly rain on everyone else's parade. I guess somebody had to take Kaneda's place.

To the OP, great start of a thread, and I wish the trolls could stay out of at least one thread for once and let us actually enjoy the hobby. I have enough stressors in my life, and pinball and pin forums is not supposed to be one of them. Like others have said repeatedly, I love everything pinball. I don't care if you like Bally, Williams, Gottlieb, Premier, Unidesa, Playmatic, Game Plan, Zaccaria, Wico or friggin Zizzle. (well, maybe not Zizzle). Each game IMO has something unique and intriguing.

I have some of everything in my collection, and like it that way. I'm actually in the process of parting with this because of space, and having second thoughts because it's such a nice freakin example of the game.

IMG_9197 (resized).JPGIMG_9197 (resized).JPG

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

That's why I love the Genesis glass, I can't stand when people change it out for an alternate. Original is a total classic.

Quoted from Colsond3:

An OP can make whatever rules he wants - it's his thread. Just because you chime in and muddy the waters with your negative "I know it all" mentality doesn't mean shit. Levi and TheLaw always have something to say about everything, and I've just learned to ignore most of it. Unfortunately, that gets hard when they are posting every other friggin comment. The sad thing is that they are both intelligent, obviously know the hobby very well and have a boatload of knowledge.

Actually that isn't the right of someone whom makes a thread but whatever, I hear what you're saying.
I post a lot and am not afraid to share my views. I also don't get teary eyed when someone doesn't agree with mine; big deal.
I thought the OP was taking a light hearted approach after the SF2 thread but it seems I read the room wrong; Apologies.

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's why I love the Genesis glass, I can't stand when people change it out for an alternate. Original is a total classic.

I like the original genesis art. But, is it supposed to be so washed out on the BG? Or is it just common for it to fade a lot?

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I like the original genesis art. But, is it supposed to be so washed out on the BG? Or is it just common for it to fade a lot?

Ha yeah I don;t know they all sort of look that way don't they? Need to lower that black level for sure.

#227 7 years ago

Oh, and my opinion on the alternate art (and Idk who had designed it, no disrespect) is that I would typically rather have the original.

I think some of the alt ones are really fun, I just like original (even when it isn't the best some times. Lol).

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Actually that isn't the right of someone whom makes a thread but whatever, I hear what you're saying.
I post a lot and am not afraid to share my views. I also don't get teary eyed when someone doesn't agree with mine; big deal.
I thought the OP was taking a light hearted approach after the SF2 thread but it seems I read the room wrong; Apologies.

Awesome post. Thanks dude. Not teary-eyed over here, just want to be friends.

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Quoted from pacmanretro:

Oh, and my opinion on the alternate art (and Idk who had designed it, no disrespect) is that I would typically rather have the original.

The original is classic, just a little weird. Supposed to be mimicking the band, right?

#230 7 years ago

Mine has just faded out but i have seen a few with decent color left .Its just so weird its cool and the music is awsome on this pin

IMG_0530 (resized).JPGIMG_0530 (resized).JPG

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Just don't stare at the backglass art for too long. (BTW, I love how Gottlieb took the photograph route for most of their 80's games. It's cheesy but it's a good kinda cheese, like melted velveeta)

I was removing the backglass on my Genesis the other day and my 12yr old son said (that is the dumbest picture I have ever seen), I am an idiot but I love it, it makes me laugh every time I look at it, same with my Monte Carlo, the old guy in the background looks like he is staring at the girls ass, always crack up at the girls flapjacks on Raven

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I post a lot and am not afraid to share my views. I also don't get teary eyed when someone doesn't agree with mine; big deal

My appologies, but I chuckled at myself because I kept thinking there must be a funny in there somewhere about being on both sides of TheLaw; or something...

I mean to be funny, not sound like a smartass...idk, sorry maybe I'm being stupid. Lol, couldn't resist

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

The original is classic, just a little weird. Supposed to be mimicking the band, right?

I had assumed something to do with the band for a long time, but never got it...someone told me it had no relation though, so idk.

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If it weren't for my valuable contributions this thread would have died hours ago and few people would have gotten to read about the splendor of Premier games. Nobody has any interest in a thread that's simply a circle-jerk and threads like that die in 10 posts. We are at 5 pages!!! This is the most attention Premier has gotten here, ever.

sheesh this guy likes stroking his ego

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

He's the walking, talking, #1 advocate for the "ban from thread" feature

#236 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

The alternate is too slick for it's own good. I get they wanted it to be motropolis but it wasn't etc etc...embrace the cheese.
I don't want to upset anyone mentioning this *cough* but it's the same for The Shadow for me. Alec Baldwins smurking shitty face is the beauty of it.

#237 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I determined the only way to move on with what this thread is for and not stress is to keep talking about the appropriate topic and ignore any oddball posts like earlier ones...I just hope it keeps going and that people just joining in can get past the pages of muck first...

#238 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It's funny how

Sorry...finally had to chime in. Sometimes I agree and disagree with Whysnow, but here, he couldn't be more right.
We all get critical and have opinions on here, but it's always the same two or three assclowns that troll and ruin every single thread with negative comments, and cloud the thread with a bunch of BS posts. Worse - they do it in a condescending and disrespectful manner because THEY THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING. An OP can make whatever rules he wants - it's his thread. Just because you chime in and muddy the waters with your negative "I know it all" mentality doesn't mean shit. Levi and TheLaw always have something to say about everything, and I've just learned to ignore most of it. Unfortunately, that gets hard when they are posting every other friggin comment. The sad thing is that they are both intelligent, obviously know the hobby very well and have a boatload of knowledge.
I literally saw this thread sitting there, and as I clicked and started reading, I thought this is great and pretty cool. Something different to talk about. Talking about some games that even though not the best "designs" or artwork, don't get much appreciation and I've owned a few of them. But then I start seeing the assclowns chiming in...and right away wanted to click out, or even worse, drain the thread. I am just starting to accept that some people on here having nothing better to do, or must have some miserable life that they need to constantly rain on everyone else's parade. I guess somebody had to take Kaneda's place.
To the OP, great start of a thread, and I wish the trolls could stay out of at least one thread for once and let us actually enjoy the hobby. I have enough stressors in my life, and pinball and pin forums is not supposed to be one of them. Like others have said repeatedly, I love everything pinball. I don't care if you like Bally, Williams, Gottlieb, Premier, Unidesa, Playmatic, Game Plan, Zaccaria, Wico or friggin Zizzle. (well, maybe not Zizzle). Each game IMO has something unique and intriguing.
I have some of everything in my collection, and like it that way. I'm actually in the process of parting with this because of space, and having second thoughts because it's such a nice freakin example of the game.

Nice pin! Of course, if your leaning towards keeping your bonebusters, this is probably a good group of guys to convince you too kepp it. Lol.

Never got to play that one a lot, but always liked it!

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I determined the only way to move on with what this thread is for and not stress is to keep talking about the appropriate topic and ignore any oddball posts like earlier ones...I just hope it keeps going and that people just joining in can get past the pages of muck first...

yea I hear ya.

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The alternate is too slick for it's own good

Alright so which alt are we talking about here?

I'm a fan of this one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alt-translite-genesis#post-1624714, but there are a ton in that thread...

And yeah, some aren't that good. A few are just too out of style from the original game

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It's funny how

Thank you so much, man. You read my mind!

#242 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

And yeah, some aren't that good. A few are just too out of style from the original game

That one is well made, and looks good i agree...but it doesn't fit the game. Genesis, no matter what people intended/want, is not the movie Metropolis. It would be like making a backglass of Tommy with the Who(m) on it. Sure it's Tommy and and Daltry and all that, but it's the stage production it just isn't the same thing. That's just tpo me anyway and I'm not a big modder.

EDIT: Great idea....use the one you linked to, but instead of the characters on there, use animated versions of the original BG. That would be kick ass.

#243 7 years ago

Thread is starting to look good, dudes... NICE!

#244 7 years ago

Such a cool shaped game with awesome voice

IMG_0057 (resized).JPGIMG_0057 (resized).JPG

#245 7 years ago

Geez.... Colson, you literally always have every game I want exactly when I don't have any cash to buy!

----

I always liked how they incorporated Bone Buster's artwork into LCA artwork. Kind of a neat easter egg.
IMG_5887 (resized).jpgIMG_5887 (resized).jpg
IMG_5888 (resized).jpgIMG_5888 (resized).jpg

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Alright so which alt are we talking about here?
I'm a fan of this one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alt-translite-genesis#post-1624714, but there are a ton in that thread...

I do like the purple color on the metropolis one a lot, just prefer original...maybe original with a little purple backing instead of fade look? Lol

I thought I remembered a little different metropolis one somewhere online before too, but maybe not

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I thought I remembered a little different metropolis one somewhere online before too, but maybe not

Is this the one you were thinking of?

genesis-alt (resized).jpggenesis-alt (resized).jpg

#248 7 years ago

Currently own gladiators, wipeout, class of 1812. Used to own big hurt and bonebusters. Love the system 3 games. Built like tanks, rare i have problems with them. None of the ones i have now are leaving anytime soon, and id still have bonebusters if it didnt scare my kid. I wasnt a fan of big hurt, but it went to a good home where he loves the game!

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's the one I was

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Your right on! Pretty sure that was it. I remembered purple and gold coloring...ok, ok....I really do like that one and admit I would not knock it on a machine...I would have to use excuse of like -ohh, my original was trashed; or something

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 880 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-here-likes-premiergottlieb/page/5?hl=striker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.