2800EF78-F2A8-426C-8B33-AFF7AE33E8D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7782 (resized).jpg
20180704_171224 (resized).jpg
DBB6C15F-0E27-48F8-B51B-5EE5D2585D55 (resized).jpeg
C755F9C8-2A57-4CEC-924F-08A9E8A9B19F (resized).jpeg
899AF81E-29EA-4A2E-BD57-DA2A1723DBCB (resized).jpeg
5AB3642F-4F32-40BE-A4D7-0054CEB15907 (resized).jpeg
20191222_190724 (resized).jpg

There are 880 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 18.
#701 6 years ago

Big Hurt. It's different from my other games and probably a different kind of fun as well, but I enjoy it about as much as the others (not pictured Williams Indiana Jones).

20170423_200259 (resized).jpg20170423_200259 (resized).jpg

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

This was one of my favs...but unfortunately sold it a few months ago. Destined to get it back. Great artwork.

What do you keep? Lol

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Big Hurt. It's different from my other games and probably a different kind of fun as well, but I enjoy it about as much as the others (not pictured Williams Indiana Jones).

Nice set up!

#704 6 years ago

For sale in market place

20170430_140055 (resized).jpg20170430_140055 (resized).jpg

#705 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

For sale in market place

DANG

#706 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

What do you keep? Lol

BSD and BF. LOL. Trust me, if I had the space, about 20 games in my collection history wouldn't have went anywhere. Plus Sys 80 / 80A widebodies start to take up A LOT of room.

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

For sale in market place

That game looks great...shouldn't be for sale long.

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

BSD and BF. LOL. Trust me, if I had the space, about 20 games in my collection history wouldn't have went anywhere. Plus Sys 80 / 80A widebodies start to take up A LOT of room.

Time to put an addition on the pin cave

#709 6 years ago

Wide bodies do take up a bunch of space. I picked this up last weekend; when I put it in the lineup, it stuck out a few inches too. Makes WCS look small

IMG_20170429_142745145 (resized).jpgIMG_20170429_142745145 (resized).jpg

#710 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Wide bodies do take up a bunch of space. I picked this up last weekend; when I put it in the lineup, it stuck out a few inches too. Makes WCS look small

A BEAST

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Yes it does...and you got the orange cab...nice. Sys 80's are ridiculously big, but Gottlieb put out so many great themes and titles in that era.

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yes it does...and you got the orange cab...nice. Sys 80's are ridiculously big, but Gottlieb put out so many great themes and titles in that era.

I thought black cab was the rarer one?

#713 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

When I set my Black Hole up I couldn't remove the glass

#714 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I thought black cab was the rarer one

It is....and you can find one, there are quite a few black cabs out there. There was one at Pinfest actually, but it was a total project. For this title, I actually like the orange cab better. Just my preference.

On that note...there was a reimport BH at Pinfest and I gotta say, that game loses a lot of muster with the single backglass and no infinity lights.

Quoted from zacaj:

When I set my Black Hole up I couldn't remove the glass

I know. Sys 80's have made me slide around other games just to remove the glass. I actually ordered a new sheet of glass from Marco for the last BH I had, and when the box arrived, it was ridiculous. They had to leave it at the reception desk in my office.

#715 6 years ago

The vfw event in Ann Arbor has a few widebodies and I played them all last Friday

20170505_212211 (resized).jpg20170505_212211 (resized).jpg

20170505_212213 (resized).jpg20170505_212213 (resized).jpg

20170505_212218 (resized).jpg20170505_212218 (resized).jpg

20170505_212226 (resized).jpg20170505_212226 (resized).jpg

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

The vfw event in Ann Arbor has a few widebodies and I played them all last Friday

LUCKY!!! Time Line is one I have never seen in person

#717 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

LUCKY!!! Time Line is one I have never seen in person

Definitely not a game you see often at all.

#718 6 years ago

System 80 was such an interesting generation of games. Early ones were hardly more advanced than older William's System 6/7 games (but always seemed to incorporate some type of unique design element), but they were able to somehow stretch their hardware to nearly compete with System 11 games all the way up to 1989.

#719 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Definitely not a game you see often at all.

It's pretty fun too, although it of course has a single broken rule that half ruins the whole ruleset... It was the first game I ever bought, still got it

Quoted from mbaumle:

they were able to somehow stretch their hardware to nearly compete with System 11 games all the way up to 1989.

Not really that impressive. Only thing capabilities wise that changed system 3-11 was more ram/rom, alphanumeric displays, and the sound. System 80b used a daughterboard to allow more rom space, and system 80 always had a good amount of rom to begin with. They also added alphanumeric displays, so no difference there, and the sound boards got changed repeatedly throughout both lifespans.

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's pretty fun too, although it of course has a single broken rule that half ruins the whole ruleset... It was the first game I ever bought, still got it

What's the broken rule in Time Line? I didn't notice anything when I owned the game.

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from woz:

What's the broken rule in Time Line? I didn't notice anything when I owned the game.

The counter for the number of targets hit in the upper PF is just the bonus counter (all targets give one bonus), so if you go and hit a bank down (scoring some bonus) on the lower pf then you automatically win on the upper PF.

Also not a fan of how the bonus multiplier wraps

#722 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Not really that impressive.

Good point, but I was thinking along the lines of the amount of available lamps and solenoids and such. System 80 really didn't have much in the way of tons of controllable solenoids or even lamps--comparatively speaking. I feel like they did a pretty good job faking it though, using all sorts of daughterboards and aux lamp driver boards to give the impression there was a lot going on.

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Good point, but I was thinking along the lines of the amount of available lamps and solenoids and such. System 80 really didn't have much in the way of tons of controllable solenoids or even lamps--comparatively speaking. I feel like they did a pretty good job faking it though, using all sorts of daughterboards and aux lamp driver boards to give the impression there was a lot going on.

I love the loud relays in pins like Spring Break... tic...tic..tic..tictictictic Makes for an epic attract mode!

#724 6 years ago

What's the story with Stargate? I LOVE the theme and really enjoyed the movie (haven't seen the show). There is one up for sale a few hours from me but I've never played the pin. Is it worth giving a shot?

The only Gottlieb I've ever played was a Freddy on location but I couldn't continue for more than one ball. The flippers felt so weak compared to anything else.

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

What's the story with Stargate? I LOVE the theme and really enjoyed the movie (haven't seen the show). There is one up for sale a few hours from me but I've never played the pin. Is it worth giving a shot?
The only Gottlieb I've ever played was a Freddy on location but I couldn't continue for more than one ball. The flippers felt so weak compared to anything else.

It's got the same crappy flippers, slightly unbalanced scoring, but a cool layout, great sounds, fun modes. Replace those flippers, I say!

#726 6 years ago

It's definitely worth giving a shot...it's so good that after awhile it made me not really mind the strange flippers. Freddy is no comparison.

#727 6 years ago

Stargate is a grade A game! If you had weak flippers on a freddy, it was just that they needed a rebuild. These GTB games have super strong flippers. Granted they have 15degrees further travel than you may be used to on a B/W game but that doe not weaken them. weak = dirty and in need of rebuild.

More flipper travel on a GTB = AWESOME!! It means more backhandable shots, more power stroke range for shots, and a slightly differnet play style required. All big positives. Properly rebuilt GTB flippers are actually stronger than other games based on the geometry.

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

These GTB games have super strong flippers.

Ain't that the truth! When I shopped out my LCA, It had more than just a couple of shattered rubber posts. After rebuilding the flippers, I probably burned through 3 or 4 drop targets.

I've got the game sitting next to my White Water, and people always comment on how much snappier LCA is.

#729 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Properly rebuilt GTB flippers are actually stronger than other games based on the geometry.

I've rebuilt flippers on two Stargates where previously the flippers barely made the ramps.. still had trouble making the ramps. Flipper mechs weren't even worn much, owners were just desparate to make the ramps. Not sure what the hell is going on with yours, but I've played probably five Stargates and they all played like that. Replaced the mechs with WPC mechs with mid-strength coils, and the balls just flew up the ramps. Could never dream of backhanding the right ramp with gottlieb mechs, but with WPC it was fine.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Properly rebuilt GTB flippers are actually stronger than other games based on the geometry.

Maybe if they didn't have weaker coils and badly designed parts that give tons of play even when brand new...

#730 6 years ago

The Freddy at the place I work has the strongest flippers on the floor! I'm not trying to suck up because it's Gottlieb but it's true! The ball smacks the glass all the time

#731 6 years ago

I got a Tee'd Off recently, I'm a big fan of premier now!

#732 6 years ago
Quoted from thestreetzking:

Good to hear, man! That is a fun one for sure

#733 6 years ago

That one is one of my favorites!
Post a pic!

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from Metalmanmiles:

That one is one of my favorites!
Post a pic!

Here's a quick pic

20170514_212035 (resized).jpg20170514_212035 (resized).jpg

#735 6 years ago

Just got this little guy up and running. Bought it not working in pieces 12 years ago. Had to repair the DMD board, one flipper and still need to fix sound board. Sound has one screech led blinks and no sound. I know it's the board because I tested game with my Freddy board and that works.

IMG_3634 (resized).JPGIMG_3634 (resized).JPG

IMG_3639 (resized).JPGIMG_3639 (resized).JPG

#736 6 years ago

Anyone have a working system 3 sound board or a good Super Mario Bros Mushroom World left ramp. Let me know.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#737 6 years ago

So I might be getting another system 3. Freddy!

Any thoughts from long term owners? This one is recently led'd new glass, rubbers, claw flipper, balls, and the face target piece

#738 6 years ago

So I might be getting another system 3. Freddy!
Any thoughts from long term owners? This one is recently led'd new glass, rubbers, claw flipper, balls, and the face target piece

Not a long-term owner (1.5 months), but I'm digging mine a lot so far. Bought it as somewhat of a Gottlieb skeptic (not a lot of exposure, aside from older EMs). Great graphics and theming, gameplay is underrated, and the sound is pretty awesome. Worth it if the price is right, imo.

#739 6 years ago

Freddy for the win!

#740 6 years ago

Here's a quick pic

AMAZING, good find!

#741 6 years ago

IMG_0713 (resized).JPGIMG_0713 (resized).JPG

#742 6 years ago

Freddy's Home

IMG_20170521_162714_722 (resized).jpgIMG_20170521_162714_722 (resized).jpg

#743 6 years ago

Nice man!

#744 6 years ago

It is a great pin and definitely underrated. I had a mint one, but couldn't keep it...it was freaking my daughter out. (And me a little). One two Freddy's coming for you...eerie every time I heard it, and I love horror pins.

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It is a great pin and definitely underrated. I had a mint one, but couldn't keep it...it was freaking my daughter out. (And me a little). One two Freddy's coming for you...eerie every time I heard it, and I love horror pins.

Freaks me out too every time I leave mine on and he does the laugh. Hahaha.

#746 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Yeah definitely....every time he did that and I was working on a game near it, I couldn't help but look behind me. I really wanted to keep it and waited for my buddy to give it up for months (it was cherry), but my daughter would literally cry every time she came in the game room and looked at it. She can deal with Gorgar, BSD (although the laughing in attract mode freaks her a little), MSF...but with Freddy, she wasn't having it. I'll get another one someday (and some Pinball Armor probably).

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah definitely....every time he did that and I was working on a game near it, I couldn't help but look behind me. I really wanted to keep it and waited for my buddy to give it up for months (it was cherry), but my daughter would literally cry every time she came in the game room and looked at it. She can deal with Gorgar, BSD (although the laughing in attract mode freaks her a little), MSF...but with Freddy, she wasn't having it. I'll get another one someday (and some Pinball Armor probably).

Mannnn, I bet Tales from the Crypt would freak kids out too. The DMD animations are terrifying! (I know it's Data East but just thought I'd add!)

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Hahahah. We have one where I work, my favorite pin there! I'm a huge fan of the movies and I have every single one up until Freddys Dead! What does Freddy say when you hit the flipper buttons on attract mode?? Hahaha some kid touched the flipper buttons and he said "do that again and I'll break your fingers" hahah that's SICK!

#749 6 years ago

I love me some 80b Gottlieb. I have a Raven that has not been loved through the years (big surprise). Mine had a cracked Genesis speaker grill on it so I created this. I have the art printed now I'm just waiting on the plexi.

raven (resized).jpgraven (resized).jpg

#750 6 years ago

Anyone possibly contemplating selling a "Monte Carlo"?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Special When Lit
Cabinet parts
There are 880 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-here-likes-premiergottlieb/page/15?hl=pb456 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.