2800EF78-F2A8-426C-8B33-AFF7AE33E8D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7782 (resized).jpg
20180704_171224 (resized).jpg
DBB6C15F-0E27-48F8-B51B-5EE5D2585D55 (resized).jpeg
C755F9C8-2A57-4CEC-924F-08A9E8A9B19F (resized).jpeg
899AF81E-29EA-4A2E-BD57-DA2A1723DBCB (resized).jpeg
5AB3642F-4F32-40BE-A4D7-0054CEB15907 (resized).jpeg
20191222_190724 (resized).jpg
There are 880 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 18.
#601 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I just taped down the stupid coin door power button. Sometimes I need to change volume during a game without the whole thing shutting down.
Anyone else's Sys3 game make a high pierced shrill when it turns on?

My Freddy does but my Stargate and Mushroom World don't.

#602 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

I've been considering trying to acquire something newer players might understand and enjoy, and saw some discussions of the street level pins. Slugger looked like (to me) the best of the set in terms of layout, but wasn't sure if any really shined on rules. Thanks for the assessment, it is helpful!

I don't have an opinion to offer on that particular title, but of course, the best answer is to find one and play for yourself before jumping to any conclusions one way or the other.

And not starting anything with Levi (to each his own) but he doesn't exactly have a love for these pins so he may not be too fond of even the best one just based off of that....

Just saying, if you are on the fence, I suggest finding a few different opinions and, most importantly, forming your own because in the end, only your feelings on any title matter....it's your purchase and your entertainment

Sincerely, not disrespecting anybody, just saying it's best to judge for yourself whenever possible.

#603 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

I've been considering trying to acquire something newer players might understand and enjoy, and saw some discussions of the street level pins. Slugger looked like (to me) the best of the set in terms of layout, but wasn't sure if any really shined on rules. Thanks for the assessment, it is helpful!

I've never played Slugger, but I'm really impressed with Car Hop. Nice layout with easy to understand rules.

#604 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I don't have an opinion to offer on that particular title, but of course, the best answer is to find one and play for yourself before jumping to any conclusions one way or the other.
And not starting anything with Levi (to each his own) but he doesn't exactly have a love for these pins so he may not be too fond of even the best one just based off of that....
Just saying, if you are on the fence, I suggest finding a few different opinions and, most importantly, forming your own because in the end, only your feelings on any title matter....it's your purchase and your entertainment
Sincerely, not disrespecting anybody, just saying it's best to judge for yourself whenever possible.

Silver Slugger always struck me as pretty bland from the looks. The sounds and gameplay may save it though.

The good thing about Premiers is that they are so cheap you can try it and sell it if it's no good for you.

#605 7 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Gottlieb made some very nice games. Had quite a few stinkers as well, mostly due to a big lack of refinement in the software department.
I own a Black Hole, Haunted House, TX-Sector, Night Moves and Street Fighter II and I like them all. TX and Black Hole are definately my favorites of the bunch. I also own a Hot Fire Birds, a machine by German brand NSM. It has a playfield designed and produced by Premier/Gottlieb inside it. My brother owns an Arena and a Surf 'n' Safari, which we enjoy immensely with a few beers on the side.

You like Black Hole better than Haunted House? Curious what you like in BH that nudges it above HH for you?

#606 7 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

You like Black Hole better than Haunted House? Curious what you like in BH that nudges it above HH for you?

Besides from the music I've never seen any aspect of HH that's better than BH. Granted I only own one, but I've never had any drive to own the other

#607 7 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Yes. Black Hole is absolutely the better game, IMHO. Better gameplay, better rules. And a good multiball, which helps a lot as well. When I play Haunted House, I regularly feel like I'm just flailing the ball around with no specific purpose. When playing Black Hole, the purpose is definitely there. That said: I wouldn't sell either.

In the art department, it's a tie. Both have awesome themes. Haunted House has the triple playfields, Black Hole has the infinity backglass with the spinning disk. Both games are very striking and have heaps of personality.

#608 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

I own a Silver Slugger and I while i agree with his point about the art package, I disagree with the rest. There is a mystery bonus when you hit a home run (there are two shots that accomplish this) but they are not as lucrative as he makes them out to be. Multiball is one of them but I don't mind the randomness of awarding it as the home run shots (especially the left side) are easy to make and I wouldn't want multiball that often.

The way you run up your score is by knocking down the drops in sequence to add to your home run bonus, completing stand ups to increase multiplier (there are two different multipliers, one that multiplies your home run bonus and one that multiplies your total run count) and hitting the jackpot orbit shot.

Getting extra ball is fun and ties into the baseball theme. You need to hit for the cycle in a single ball. You rack up the various hits by hitting the vari target.

What the game lacks in art makes up with in light show ten fold. It's a beginner friendly game. My kids like it a lot so it's not going anywhere soon. It also has a ton of stuff packed in. 4 lanes up top (WALK) with an actual skill shot, 2 ball locks (2 and 3 ball multiball) 3 pop bumpers, 3 spinners, a vari target, 4 drop bank, 2 sets of 3 stand ups, and a kick save.

I bought it for the same reason why
you are considering it. I played most of the other street level pins and thought SS was the most fun with Deadly Weapon not too far behind. I enjoyed Car Hop quite a bit as well.

Just wanted to give you another opinion.

#609 7 years ago

Thanks for the additional comments everyone! As noted above, the price on these tends to make them an option where if I end up not liking it I won't be out much (part of the reason I am looking). Thanks @billpaterno for more break-out on the scoring, as that was an element I was having to gather in bits and pieces. Of course, I've seen so many other pins mentioned earlier that I've never played, so I'm really going to have to watch for some of these at a show now. First world pinball problems...

#610 7 years ago

I need a little bit of help on white belt, the interlock switch by the coin door was connected incorrectly, can someone please tell me The correct sequence of wiring?

IMG_4046 (resized).JPGIMG_4046 (resized).JPG

IMG_4047 (resized).JPGIMG_4047 (resized).JPG

#611 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

"I don't have an opinion on this, but ignore Levi's. Also, you were wrong to ask anybody's opinion because you should always judge for yourself."

Great post dude. Very helpful to the guy asking people who actually have some experience with Silver Slugger for their opinion.

I seriously don't get it man. You really have a problem with my answer to the guy's question? Why? Anything short of "Silver Slugger is the best game ever" wouldn't cut it for you?

#612 7 years ago

Seeing as how mine was already dangling as described above, I took off the cover for you:

1488243234591-2083039645 (resized).jpg1488243234591-2083039645 (resized).jpg

#613 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"I don't have an opinion on this, but ignore Levi's. Also, you were wrong to ask anybody's opinion because you should always judge for yourself."
Great post dude. Very helpful to the guy asking people who actually have some experience with Silver Slugger for their opinion.
I seriously don't get it man. You really have a problem with my answer to the guy's question? Why? Anything short of "Silver Slugger is the best game ever" wouldn't cut it for you?

Because my opinion was that he should not make decisions solely based on only one other person's opinion....and that your opinion may be slightly biased away from it regardless if it is good or not since you clearly don't like these machines...

I felt my comments were at least just as valid as yours...I even added that I wasn't starting with you.

Btw, this is the second time you flat out lied about not being on this thread/leaving it alone. Don't say that if it isn't true please...you keep disappointing many people on here by coming back...there is my opinion.

#614 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Seeing as how mine was already dangling as described above, I took off the cover for you:

Perfect, thank you very much, Dan!

#615 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Because my opinion was that he should not make decisions solely based on only one other person's opinion....and that your opinion may be slightly biased away from it regardless if it is good or not since you clearly don't like these machines...
I felt my comments were at least just as valid as yours...I even added that I wasn't starting with you.
Btw, this is the second time you flat out lied about not being on this thread/leaving it alone. Don't say that if it isn't true please...you keep disappointing many people on here by coming back...there is my opinion.

Your comments were not valid. You have no opinion on Silver Slugger, so why chime in just to bitch about me? And you keep complaining about my "biased" opinion. You didn't even READ my opinion, which was in many ways complimentary. Clearly, you are the one with the agenda, and it makes you look bad. The guy who asked about it appreciated the opinion I offered, so why is it so important to you to discredit it? I offered an honest, well-informed opinion on a game I've owned and played - if you feel it's a violation of the rules, trolling, or abuse in any form please report it to the mods and let them sort it out rather than continue your endless campaign of harassment against me.

I also don't understand when people respond to opinion questions with "Play the game and decide for yourself!"

I mean, that's all well and good, but not everybody has access to every game, especially Premier stuff which you don't see as often. And, if someone is asking for an opinion, they want opinions, they don't want to be told that they shouldn't be asking for opinions. Seems pretty simple to me.

#616 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your comments were not valid. You have no opinion on Silver Slugger, so why chime in just to bitch about me? And you keep complaining about my "biased" opinion. You didn't even READ my opinion, which was in many ways complimentary. Clearly, you are the one with the agenda, and it makes you look bad. The guy who asked about it appreciated the opinion I offered, so why is it so important to you to discredit it? I offered an honest, well-informed opinion on a game I've owned and played - if you feel it's a violation of the rules, trolling, or abuse in any form please report it to the mods and let them sort it out rather than continue your endless campaign of harassment against me.
I also don't understand when people respond to opinion questions with "Play the game and decide for yourself!"
I mean, that's all well and good, but not everybody has access to every game, especially Premier stuff which you don't see as often. And, if someone is asking for an opinion, they want opinions, they don't want to be told that they shouldn't be asking for opinions. Seems pretty simple to me.

My apologies, your right. If someone takes the time to read all your posts on here, you sound like a very sane, sincere, easy going, intelligent, friendly, helpful, non biased person.

I said I wasn't starting anything. I really meant it. Yes, I did read your opinion. It had pros and cons listed....and I clearly stated your opinion may inherently lean towards the negative side since it is a gottlieb game of that era and you have made it more than clear that you think they all suck.

Who is harassing who here?!! I had a relaxing cup of coffee and enjoyed some fresh air for my morning fix, then come on here to see that your morning fix is to get as much attention as possible and further instigate?

Ya...your right, I must be the one offering bad opinions/advice...

Get over yourself please....I can't believe you even still have an account on here.

Oh, forgot...to answer the why chime in...it wasn't to bitch about you...I said it wasn't about you....I sincerely felt mentioning to try to find one to play (at least play before you buy)was worth stating (and people agreed). And yes, the attitude of many people is to buy what others say they like...I don't know about the rest of this thread, but I prefer to buy what I like. Not what others say I should like thats all I meant.

#617 7 years ago

Gentle warning... can you stop arguing (or move it to PM)? You both made your opinion clear.
Thanks.

#618 7 years ago

Reading my textbook in college and CHECK IT! GOTTLIEB! THE ORGINATORS!

IMG_0237 (resized).JPGIMG_0237 (resized).JPG

IMG_0238 (resized).JPGIMG_0238 (resized).JPG

#619 7 years ago

Has anybody here ever played a Humpty Dumpty?

There's one at Flippers OBX but it's never been plugged in since it showed up a few years ago. I wonder how long the ball times are.

#621 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's one at Flippers OBX but it's never been plugged in since it showed up a few years ago. I wonder how long the ball times are.

there will be one at TPF this year

#622 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has anybody here ever played a Humpty Dumpty

Does Tim have one at the PHOF ?

#623 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

My God, what the hell.. telling someone their opinion is invalid because they don't like a game? WTF is wrong with you? NOT LIKING A GAME is a valid opinion! And it's just as valid as yours.

#624 7 years ago

Does anybody have any input on this upper diverter on my fredy? behind freddy head. I'm trying to find a p/n for it...I figured I better figure that part out at least before trying PBR.
Mine appears to have broke and been welded, but I don't think it diverts the ball correctly at the new length/angle.

KIMG0354 (resized).jpgKIMG0354 (resized).jpg

#625 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Does anybody have any input on this upper diverter on my fredy? behind freddy head. I'm trying to find a p/n for it...I figured I better figure that part out at least before trying PBR.
Mine appears to have broke and been welded, but I don't think it diverts the ball correctly at the new length/angle.

I bought one from Steve about a year and a half ago I'll check my old invoices when I get home if nobody chimes in before then

#626 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

I bought one from Steve about a year and a half ago I'll check my old invoices when I get home if nobody chimes in before then

Awesome!! I would really appreciate that. In the pic you can see the angle of mine...I dont think thats right and it causes balls to get stuck up there when diverter is closed and you shoot left side shot...

#627 7 years ago

Well the time frame was a little off I got it in Oct of 2013 but part number is GTB-31000+ its called ball gate + shaft 3-3/4"assy only cost $12.01 or $10.81 with the discount

#628 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Well the time frame was a little off I got it in Oct of 2013 but part number is GTB-31000+ its called ball gate + shaft 3-3/4"assy only cost $12.01 or $10.81 with the discount

Man, thank you very much...that has been driving me nuts on my game!!

#629 7 years ago

So 80's and cheesy it hurts hahah, man

#630 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

» YouTube video So 80's and cheesy it hurts hahah, man

The hottest action in pinball!

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

The hottest action in pinball!

RIGHT ON! I have yet to see a Bad Girls and play it in person :-/ Everything about it is awesome, man hahah

#632 7 years ago

Hopefully at the Louisville Arcade Expo someone brings a Victory! I have been playing pinball for 8 years and I have never seen one! Such a fun and challenging pin

#633 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, I have. Ball times are short, similar to a flipperless, as the flippers are on the edge, your primary means of control is nudging. If you can nudge the ball into a flipper, great! If you are on the tip you can make it across the playfield to the other flipper.

As with all the fairy tale series, there are six flippers, three on either side. Each of the sets of three are controlled via one flipper button.

I think the game is a lot of fun, personally, and I enjoy the design with the diamond bumper near the center and the positions of the posts - which require good nudging skills to bounce into something useful or back onto a flipper.

The kickout near the center is very difficult to nudge into - but you feel great if you can bounce off of the post to the left or right to do it.

The backglass animation is beautiful as well - the entire story is told via backlit vignettes, similar to other fairy tale games.

I don't recall any flashing animation like on Jack 'n Jill, Lady Robin Hood, etc., and I had a hard time when playing to allow the ball to travel down the side lanes (which light for special) - it's so tempting to flip the ball away, as it must have been when the game was new.

#634 7 years ago

I also enjoy Premier's games, for the most part. Many have a thing or two I don't like about them, like games from other manufacturers. Some could've definitely spent a little more time in software development, but for the most part, they are fun to play and easy games to introduce people to pinball.

I own a SMB, and it certainly has a lot going on. It is fairly easy to increase your score like crazy because of the safe ramp return to the right flipper and repeat, but the shot through the bumpers to the castle is quite satisfying, as is the cave shot.

I usually enjoy most of the elements of a Premier game, but I have a hard time NOT having fun playing pinball. I'm the type of person that usually enjoys the game while I'm in front of it.

#635 7 years ago

I have a strong liking for them. Wipe Out, Stargate, Street Fighter 2 (owned 4 of them), to name a few.

#636 7 years ago

This used to be my spot. Gottlieb much? Am I right?

dce9455586bfb4e425c61dbf1c893d793f34d335 (resized).jpgdce9455586bfb4e425c61dbf1c893d793f34d335 (resized).jpg

#637 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Cool room. Love the Super Mario wall. Never played Super Orbit before...looks like a fun game.

#638 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's sitting on the floor waiting to be cleaned up at VFW so it's only a matter of time. Only saw the head and didn;t know it was flipperless.

#639 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

didn;t know it was flipperless

It's not, just plays similarly to previous games.

#640 7 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

It's not, just plays similarly to previous games.

Oh ha I see that now...wasn't looking "there"

#641 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Awesome! Never hear of Super Orbit! How is it?!

#642 7 years ago

Same as em orbit, just superer! Lol

Its a very basic game but its fun and challenging. My first, wont be going any where.

#643 7 years ago

Louisville Expo goodness

IMG_0240 (resized).JPGIMG_0240 (resized).JPG
IMG_0242 (resized).JPGIMG_0242 (resized).JPG

#644 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

BLack Hole is on an entirely different level!

I see what you did there.

#645 7 years ago

Hey PAPA agrees with us

IMG_0250 (resized).PNGIMG_0250 (resized).PNG

#646 7 years ago

New on Pinball Arcade, such a brilliant game with a fun rule set! Great art package and funny theme

IMG_0248 (resized).JPGIMG_0248 (resized).JPG

#647 7 years ago

I picked up a very nice Caveman just 2 weeks ago. Love it!!!

#648 7 years ago

I adore many Gottliebs. The issue for them in the mid 80s to early 90s was pace of design. They just didn't have anywhere close to the amount of time designers at companies like B/W did. Additionally, Norris has shared that code complete was expected at shipment; no revisions whatsoever for any reason. As a result, several of the games just got rushed when they weren't fully baked.

You gotta hand it to guys like
Norris and Trudeau who got the unreal quality of designs they did at such a blitz of a speed. Sure DE ended up doing the same thing, but I for one would argue that Gottliebs layouts were much more original, which certainly didn't help their deadlines.

Such a great company that, from many ex-employees, treated their people well (at least while they were owned by the family). Bummer how it all shook out but in the end, there are so many treasures to be found in the wake!

Personal faves: BH, HH, Robo-War, Genesis, TX, & Stargate. And you know what, 911 is a pretty killer game too!

#649 7 years ago

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Car Hop Pinball Such a little seen game, I really wish I had room for it!

#650 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Car Hop Pinball

Sadly, I don't think I have ever played car hop....would love to try it of course

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 880 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-here-likes-premiergottlieb/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.