2800EF78-F2A8-426C-8B33-AFF7AE33E8D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7782 (resized).jpg
20180704_171224 (resized).jpg
DBB6C15F-0E27-48F8-B51B-5EE5D2585D55 (resized).jpeg
C755F9C8-2A57-4CEC-924F-08A9E8A9B19F (resized).jpeg
899AF81E-29EA-4A2E-BD57-DA2A1723DBCB (resized).jpeg
5AB3642F-4F32-40BE-A4D7-0054CEB15907 (resized).jpeg
20191222_190724 (resized).jpg
There are 880 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.
#551 7 years ago

I kept the Freddy I used to have red also, but did remove it from a Wipeout before. I think the red does look good in Stargate also. Maybe recode a color DMD for Stargate and Freddy? Would probably look cool on either game.

#552 7 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Sometimes the orange fits a particular game better than the red. I've got orange on the Gladiators but kept the red on Big Hurt. I think the red looks real sharp on Stargate and Rescue 911, but I like the orange better on Wipeout. Couldn't tell ya why!

Very cool and interesting! I had no idea that there even was a red film over the dot matrix! This is all new to me!

#553 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I kept the Freddy I used to have red also, but did remove it from a Wipeout before. I think the red does look good in Stargate also. Maybe recode a color DMD for Stargate and Freddy? Would probably look cool on either game.

I would love to see a color DMD for Freddy! Extremely realistic graphics taken straight from the movies! I recall a few scenes from 1991's Freddy's Dead
On there! I love that movie haha

#554 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

I would love to see a color DMD for Freddy! Extremely realistic graphics taken straight from the movies! I recall a few scenes from 1991's Freddy's Dead
On there! I love that movie haha

"Your dead Krueger!" Well, can't remember which movie that's from...that one I thought?

#556 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

"Your dead Krueger!" Well, can't remember which movie that's from...that one I thought?

Yep! I think that's it! Hahah classic

#557 7 years ago

Always loved the attract mode on Freddy's pinball with the beautiful and blinding strobe show and the DMD says "Freddy is watching you" haha

#558 7 years ago

Always loved the attract mode on Freddy's pinball with the beautiful and blinding strobe show and the DMD says "Freddy is watching you" haha

Such family friendly call outs. Lol.
Like,when yoy push flipper button in passing and he yells out "I'll break your fingers next time!"....

So awesome that they got Robert Englund to do the call outs for the pin!

#559 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Such family friendly call outs. Lol.
Like,when yoy push flipper button in passing and he yells out "I'll break your fingers next time!"....
So awesome that they got Robert Englund to do the call outs for the pin!

Hahah I didn't know that! What do you mean by passing? Haha I wanna try this next time I fix pins Saturday at the bar near me! That's so awesome hahah

#560 7 years ago

By the way, first time working my part time job fixing pins at a wonderful place called RecBar and people played Haunted House, Freddy, and Tomcat non stop! The Gottliebs were getting some love

#561 7 years ago

Hahah I didn't know that! What do you mean by passing? Haha I wanna try this next time I fix pins Saturday at the bar near me! That's so awesome hahah

I just meant how a number of pins (all different manufacturers) do something when you press the flippers button with no credits...

I have a habit of always doin it when I walk by a pin

One of freddys call outs is that above.

#562 7 years ago

By the way, first time working my part time job fixing pins at a wonderful place called RecBar and people played Haunted House, Freddy, and Tomcat non stop! The Gottliebs were getting some love

That's awesome that you get to work on games on location...
I kinda miss my younger (under paid) days of moving, repairing, and collecting for local operator when I was like 16!

Collecting meaning doing "collections" of money....not the collecting I do now. Lol

#563 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

That's awesome that you get to work on games on location...
I kinda miss my younger (under paid) days of moving, repairing, and collecting for local operator when I was like 16!
Collecting meaning doing "collections" of money....not the collecting I do now. Lol

Gotcha! Hahah I hit the flipper buttons too hahah. But yeah! This place is great! Nicest owners and he's super into pinball so we talk all the time and he knows where to find the best deals for pins! I'm talking like a 2 grand pin for like 400 bucks just because the owner wants it out of the house! So I may be picking up a new game real soon for almost free

#564 7 years ago

Pic of my freddy head for the hell of it....coffee tea on me!!!

KIMG1740 (resized).jpgKIMG1740 (resized).jpg

#565 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Pic of my freddy head for the hell of it....coffee tea on me!!!

AWESOME! Really cool topper I see another premier game next to it, is that Victory ?

#566 7 years ago

AWESOME! Really cool topper I see another premier game next to it, is that Victory ?

Ya! Thats my Victory!

First coin op machine I ever owned!

The "crown" on freddy was a funny from work...somebody (I pretty sure I know who) at my work made it out of heavy aluminum sheet and left it in my office...then the special sticker....then the "when lit" got added, then the tassel (idk why)...after a VP of the company caught me wearing it while sending work emails and laughing, I decided to bring it home... seemed to fit freddys head nicely

Idk...lol...

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Ya! Thats my Victory!
First coin op machine I ever owned!
The "crown" on freddy was a funny from work...somebody (I pretty sure I know who) at my work made it out of heavy aluminum sheet and left it in my office...then the special sticker....then the "when lit" got added, then the tassel (idk why)...after a VP of the company caught me wearing it while sending work emails and laughing, I decided to bring it home... seemed to fit freddys head nicely
Idk...lol...

Nice!! I have never played a Victory in person! HAHA nice, nice I was wondering what that was!

#568 7 years ago

Y'know what I love about these games? Their bigass wire inlane guides. No flipper hop!!

#569 7 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Y'know what I love about these games? Their bigass wire inlane guides. No flipper hop!!

Right!

#570 7 years ago

This is going to sound so stupid but I'm not familiar with Gottlieb System 3 diagnostic menus (I have a WPC) How can a turn the volume up on a System 3 for example? When the coin door gets opened, the game shuts off! Do I hold that switch down?

#571 7 years ago

Yeah, that white button is designed to shut the game off when you open the door. You can pull on it to turn the game back on.

The volume is controlled by a little potentiometer inside the cabinet on the left side, right by the "tournament mode" switch.

#572 7 years ago

Love, love, love, looooove!!!! I NEEEEDDD!!!

I love my Hollywood Heat.

#573 7 years ago

This is going to sound so stupid but I'm not familiar with Gottlieb System 3 diagnostic menus (I have a WPC) How can a turn the volume up on a System 3 for example? When the coin door gets opened, the game shuts off! Do I hold that switch down?

2017-02-22 12.36.48 (resized).jpg2017-02-22 12.36.48 (resized).jpg

The white thing sticking out of the right-side of that board is your volume knob. Crank it up and rock those Gottlieb tunes!

2017-02-22 12.37.06 (resized).jpg2017-02-22 12.37.06 (resized).jpg

The lower white button is the one that'll turn your game off. Just yank on it to switch it back on, or do like I did, and bend the bracket it's mounted on so it clears the door entirely.

#574 7 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

The white thing sticking out of the right-side of that board is your volume knob. Crank it up and rock those Gottlieb tunes!

The lower white button is the one that'll turn your game off. Just yank on it to switch it back on, or do like I did, and bend the bracket it's mounted on so it clears the door entirely.

Great! Thanks so much, man! I'll try this! I wanna crank Freddy up

#575 7 years ago

I just taped down the stupid coin door power button. Sometimes I need to change volume during a game without the whole thing shutting down.

Anyone else's Sys3 game make a high pierced shrill when it turns on?

20170222_133906 (resized).jpg20170222_133906 (resized).jpg

#576 7 years ago

That works, too!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that high-pitched sound is a good thing; the sign of a functional sound board. Should be a dual-tone, a high and a higher.

My Gladiators doesn't do that anymore - its more of a gargle-beep - and the music is alllllll jacked up.

#577 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I've heard that this was on purpose so you couldn't power cycle games at arcades

#578 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Mine pops when you turn it off also (scares the shit out of my kids cause I like to crank up the volume. Todd Tuckey (tnt amusements) said in a video of his that like zacaj mentioned it was to alert an operator that someone was messing with the machine.

#579 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I just taped down the stupid coin door power button. Sometimes I need to change volume during a game without the whole thing shutting down.

Hahah yeah! At work, we had a Shaq that blew a fuse and kept making that super hi pitch noise scared the hell out of everyone hahah

#580 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Mine pops when you turn it off also (scares the shit out of my kids cause I like to crank up the volume. Todd Tuckey (tnt amusements) said in a video of his that like zacaj mentioned it was to alert an operator that someone was messing with the machine.

Good way to scare who ever was screwing with the pin Gottlieb scaring people

#581 7 years ago

I was serving THE beautiful Haunted House and so I had to move the game to get to the backbox... DAMN that thing is heavy hahah

#582 7 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Sometimes the orange fits a particular game better than the red. I've got orange on the Gladiators but kept the red on Big Hurt. I think the red looks real sharp on Stargate and Rescue 911, but I like the orange better on Wipeout. Couldn't tell ya why!

I want to see how a white dmd would look on Big Hurt.

#583 7 years ago

On my Stargate, I simply unmounted the door power switch, pulled out the button so it stays on, and left it dangling.

Haven’t thought about it since, until being reminded about it here!

#584 7 years ago

detroit.craigslist.org link
Wipeout pinball just showed up on craigslist. Looks nice, 1600.

#585 7 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

detroit.craigslist.org link
Wipeout pinball just showed up on craigslist. Looks nice, 1600.

Sounds great..."Nice machine don't play anymore "

#586 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sounds great..."Nice machine don't play anymore "

Ya, machine dont play anymore or he doesnt? For 1600 it better play

#587 7 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ya, machine dont play anymore or he doesnt? For 1600 it better play

For 1600 it better be huo mint condition .....

#588 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Interesting thread. I have a question for those with more Premier experience. I've been intrigued a bit about the "street level" pins they made. I've seen video of most of them, but tried none. Just wanted some opinions on which were decent players.
The six games that fall in this category are: Silver Slugger, Vegas, Deadly Weapon, Title Fight, Car Hop, and Hoops.

I owned a Silver Slugger for a few months.

Pros - theme, size, decent layout, drops. The sound wasn't too bad. Was nice to see the vari-target back as baseball themes are its most natural application. Very reliable - beyond mechanical issues I needed to adjust when it came in there were never any board or power problems.

Cons - bad art, and once again, those premier rules. I'm pretty sure the only way to get multiball was random awards. The only way to get LOTS of the lucrative modes was random award. The best way to play was really just to keep shooting "mystery" and hope for the best.

The QC was also pretty atrocious. These games were famous for raised inserts (they just let 'em out of the factory that way) and age didn't help. Mine had the worst raised inserts I've seen on a game besides F14. The cabinets are junk also, with chintzy rails and a terrible backglass removal system with sloppy hinges and just a junky, sloppy feel all around.

My friends generally liked this game, especially newbies as it was very simple.

There's a great video Tim Arnold did many years ago about the entire Street Line. Worth checking out if you can find an old VHS copy (mine is screwed up) and a working VCR. The two I've played, Title Fight and Silver Slugger, are decent, newbie-friendly machines and you can see what Gottlieb was going for here - a smaller, cheaper, more reliable game that they said operators were demanding. But, those operators all went out and bought games like Whirlwind instead.

I'm wondering if anybody knows how much cheaper the Street Line games were upon release than what Williams was producing. Gottlieb made a big deal out of the "reduced price" on their flyers.

#589 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

a smaller, cheaper, more reliable game that they said operators were demanding.

It's kind of what people are asking for today but I don't know if it would sell. Different situation today with more home buyers than operators.

#590 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm wondering if anybody knows how much cheaper the Street Line games were upon release than what Williams was producing. Gottlieb made a big deal out of the "reduced price" on their flyers.

Who made what, what was better, etc aside, I had actually been curious about various costing differences of the time as well.

Anybody have any real numbers?

#591 7 years ago

Just threw an ad up for my really nice Bone Busters, Inc. (unfortunately) Prefer a local sale, but might be willing to ship. Need the space ASAP.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Putting up my very nice Bone Busters Inc. Recently shopped, playfield waxed, new Titan rubbers, full LED's throughout. One cracked plastic that was repaired in bottom right corner....”
2017-02-25
Langhorne, PA
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 876 times
Contributed to Pinside

#592 7 years ago

Hideous backglass aside, we just picked up a monte carlo yesterday. We like the game but had to replace translight. We have a professional photo printer and put in a skyline shot of monte carlo. I will say this about Gottliebs. They are always cheap to buy and are looked down at by some, but we like them.

IMG_2260 (resized).JPGIMG_2260 (resized).JPG

IMG_2261 (resized).JPGIMG_2261 (resized).JPG

#593 7 years ago

Oh boy !
I picked up a Genesis and wipeout yesterday, both partial projects, but super excited about them!

#594 7 years ago

You finally got your Genesis! Congrats!

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Oh boy !
I picked up a Genesis and wipeout yesterday, both partial projects, but super excited about them!

Great! Send photos!

#596 7 years ago

Price drop on BB to $1500. Trying to move it quickly.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Putting up my very nice Bone Busters Inc. Recently shopped, playfield waxed, new Titan rubbers, full LED's throughout. One cracked plastic that was repaired in bottom right corner....”
2017-02-25
Langhorne, PA
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 876 times
Contributed to Pinside

#597 7 years ago

I have three. Fredy, Stargate and Mushroom World. Someday will get the Mario Brothers to go with.

#598 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Price drop on BB to $1500. Trying to move it quickly.

I wish you were closer. Just made a trip to PA 3 weeks ago to pick up another pin. Could have picked it up then. Good luck

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from BlueBlood:

You finally got your Genesis! Congrats!

Word! Thanks man... pics coming soon

#600 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I owned a Silver Slugger for a few months.
Pros - theme, size, decent layout, drops. The sound wasn't too bad. Was nice to see the vari-target back as baseball themes are its most natural application. Very reliable - beyond mechanical issues I needed to adjust when it came in there were never any board or power problems.
Cons - bad art, and once again, those premier rules. I'm pretty sure the only way to get multiball was random awards. The only way to get LOTS of the lucrative modes was random award. The best way to play was really just to keep shooting "mystery" and hope for the best.
The QC was also pretty atrocious. These games were famous for raised inserts (they just let 'em out of the factory that way) and age didn't help. Mine had the worst raised inserts I've seen on a game besides F14. The cabinets are junk also, with chintzy rails and a terrible backglass removal system with sloppy hinges and just a junky, sloppy feel all around.
My friends generally liked this game, especially newbies as it was very simple.

I've been considering trying to acquire something newer players might understand and enjoy, and saw some discussions of the street level pins. Slugger looked like (to me) the best of the set in terms of layout, but wasn't sure if any really shined on rules. Thanks for the assessment, it is helpful!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 880 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-here-likes-premiergottlieb/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.