2800EF78-F2A8-426C-8B33-AFF7AE33E8D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7782 (resized).jpg
20180704_171224 (resized).jpg
DBB6C15F-0E27-48F8-B51B-5EE5D2585D55 (resized).jpeg
C755F9C8-2A57-4CEC-924F-08A9E8A9B19F (resized).jpeg
899AF81E-29EA-4A2E-BD57-DA2A1723DBCB (resized).jpeg
5AB3642F-4F32-40BE-A4D7-0054CEB15907 (resized).jpeg
20191222_190724 (resized).jpg
There are 880 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.
#451 7 years ago

Fine then, I'll just leave you all to blow sunshine up each other's asses about how amazing Premier games are, even though they are actually all vastly inferior to every WMS game ever made by every measurable metric - original sales numbers, current pricing, general popularity, earnings on route, and so on.

That should give you some meat to chew on. Rather than downvote me or block me from the thread, prove me wrong. Or am I just trolling?

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

earnings on route

We've already had people talking about how they do well on route (and are reliable to boot).

Quoted from jwilson:

original sales numbers

Yeah, because avatar and transformers are so of the best movies ever made

Quoted from jwilson:

Or am I just trolling?

Yes

#453 7 years ago

If anyone is looking for a pretty nice gladiators in Chicago, I have one for sale for $1500. Talk about a deal for a DMD these days

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

'Borrowing'?

Correct. I swap out a Gottlieb/Premier from my collection for another from some one elses. Its pretty sweet.

Had WW for a while, then SG, now BW. I hope to swap BW for a gold wings when its done being restored.

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

If anyone is looking for a pretty nice gladiators in Chicago, I have one for sale for $1500. Talk about a deal for a DMD these days

Wish I had the coin man.

#456 7 years ago

That's a lot of entertainment for fifteen hundred dollars.

#457 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Fine then, I'll just leave you all to blow sunshine up each other's asses about how amazing Premier games are, even though they are actually all vastly inferior to every WMS game ever made by every measurable metric - original sales numbers, current pricing, general popularity, earnings on route, and so on.
That should give you some meat to chew on. Rather than downvote me or block me from the thread, prove me wrong. Or am I just trolling?

Why do you need validation so much? Great, they're vastly inferior to B/W and WMS. All statistics back you up. That's great dude. What kind of merit award would you like pinned to your sash?

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Correct. I swap out a Gottlieb/Premier from my collection for another from some one elses. Its pretty sweet.
Had WW for a while, then SG, now BW. I hope to swap BW for a gold wings when its done being restored.

That's cool...myself, I get too attached and can't seen to let my pins out of my grasp once they have made it into my home lineup. Lol

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Why do you need validation so much? Great, they're vastly inferior to B/W and WMS. All statistics back you up. That's great dude. What kind of merit award would you like pinned to your sash?

I enjoy Bozo Buttons myself!

#460 7 years ago

I no longer own any Premier games, but the ones I had were solid as a rock. With less malfunctions than any other 90s era games I've owned.

Big Hurt had more stuff on the playfield than most modern games.

Gladiators was fast and furious.

And Barb Wire was just plain fun.

All that being said is they were all too easy and all lacked in depth with Big Hurt probably being the best of the bunch. Stargate bores me to death.

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The ball is already staged at the top of the Slalom, so that when you trigger the Slalom by a lit outlane, you just wait for the ball to come down as you use the flippers to move the Slalom. You might have had the game on Tournament mode which does not save ball locks. So you'll have to wait for the ball to be released down the Slalom and drain before the next ball is ready to be launched.

Now that u mention it i believe it was on that setting....

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I no longer own any Premier games, but the ones I had were solid as a rock. With less malfunctions than any other 90s era games I've owned.
Big Hurt had more stuff on the playfield than most modern games.
Gladiators was fast and furious.
And Barb Wire was just plain fun.
All that being said is they were all too easy and all lacked in depth with Big Hurt probably being the best of the bunch. Stargate bores me to death.

Your like at least 4th or 5th to mention specifically liking Big Hurt on here. You guys have definitely convinced me to start hunting for the dmd and driver board I need in order to start repair on my project. Thanks

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Your like at least 4th or 5th to mention specifically liking Big Hurt on here. You guys have definitely convinced me to start hunting for the dmd and driver board I need in order to start repair on my project. Thanks

I always get Big Hurt and Shaq Attack confused! As you can tell, I don't know much about Sportsball.

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Your like at least 4th or 5th to mention specifically liking Big Hurt on here.

I played Big Hurt on route and have owned two of them. It has lots to do and is not easy to finish all the modes and get thru the World Series. It was the last of them to leave. Some games you play enough and you get your fill. I played the heck out of mine.

#465 7 years ago

Chicago, dang it thats a 7 hour drive or i would jump on this gladiators

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Think you're missing Ground zero on this which is SP.

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

We've already had people talking about how they do well on route (and are reliable to boot).

Cool, that's one of my points refuted with actual evidence. Maybe we can discuss that?

Quoted from zacaj:

Transformers seems to earn okay at the couple of locations I'm aware of for it, and it certainly sold a lot better than most Premier games. I personally hate it because it's a wood chopper for two multiballs. I think I like Genesis more though.

Yes

Given that I got for downvotes for my trouble shows me at least four people aren't interested in a discussion at all, they just want to pat each other on the back about their awesome games. But I'd rather here about why they're awesome, rather than the usual circlejerk.

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Why do you need validation so much?

Generally you're quick to anger when someone questions your worldview, the above is a perfect example. I only mention you personally because you made it personal.

I don't need validation, I need to be convinced to change my opinion on these games. I'm interested in the topic, and I'm interested in the back and forth, rather than being told to "go elsewhere if I disagree".

The so-called "trolls" can stir up some interesting discussions, certainly more than a lovefest generally does. That's why I spoke up in defence of open dialog.

So, how about them Premiers.

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

prove me wrong.

C'mon, Mr. Wilson, lighten up! Keep in mind that beauty is held in the eye of the beholder. Hell, look at people who collect Trabants. A horrible car built in the Eastern Bloc under communism. Literally, the car is made out of cardboard and resin with a weed whacker engine stapled in. But that car is just bursting with personality.

Premier games, in my opinion, are also bursting with personality. Sure, Miami Heat has a horrible backglass, but it's over the top cheese Miami Vice knockoff look make it laughably good. I'd love to have one in my collection.

Hell, Todd Tuckey achieved legendary status by proposing using the gun fight on a Lights Camera Action. And she said yes!

At the end of the day, these games are just plain old fun. They make people laugh and smile. Sure, they might not be the best--far from it according to some-- but that's not the point. People like them for what they are, and that's all that matters.

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Generally you're quick to anger when someone questions your worldview, the above is a perfect example. I only mention you personally because you made it personal.
I don't need validation, I need to be convinced to change my opinion on these games. I'm interested in the topic, and I'm interested in the back and forth, rather than being told to "go elsewhere if I disagree".
The so-called "trolls" can stir up some interesting discussions, certainly more than a lovefest generally does. That's why I spoke up in defence of open dialog.
So, how about them Premiers.

More like your and others lack of respect for the OP...Im getting tired of people who HAVE to have everything as a debate....

Your right, can't people debate and argue their side? Sure! Absolutely!!!!

Now, can ANYONE let someone who doesn't want to do that have their own stress free thread?????

If it's a "circlejerk" then it is....so the F@&@ what! Lots of threads out there for haters, debaters, bashers, etc....people who want to do that belong there; Please and thank you...

Now then, anybody else have on topic discussion to present?

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Hell, Todd Tuckey achieved legendary status by proposing using the gun fight on a Lights Camera Action. And she said yes!

I thought it was when he threw a SF2 off the roof.

Quoted from mbaumle:

A horrible car built in the Eastern Bloc under communism.

You got a problem with communism?

mcarthy (resized).jpgmcarthy (resized).jpg

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Cool, that's one of my points refuted with actual evidence. Maybe we can discuss that?

Are you doubting the OP who said it or did you just not actually read the thread before shitting on it?

Quoted from jwilson:

Transformers seems to earn okay at the couple of locations I'm aware of for it, and it certainly sold a lot better than most Premier games. I personally hate it because it's a wood chopper for two multiballs. I think I like Genesis more though.

*movies*. You know, in response to you saying B/W games are better because they sold more?

Quoted from jwilson:

Given that I got for downvotes for my trouble shows me at least four people aren't interested in a discussion at all

We are interested in discussion. Of the forum topic. Which you apparently didn't read either. We were discussing the games till you butted in.

Quoted from jwilson:

they just want to pat each other on the back about their awesome games.

I don't even own any of these, I just enjoy playing them

Quoted from jwilson:

But I'd rather here about why they're awesome

Again, that's literally what the thread was discussing.

Quoted from jwilson:

I'm interested in the topic

If you /were/ interested in the topic (which is, since you've somehow missed it, "why people like Premier/Gottlieb games")

Quoted from jwilson:

I'm interested in the back and forth

It's not a back and forth, it's just you trolls coming in over and over and going "gottlieb games are shit, williams is the best" while we try to discuss the topic. Is there some magnet in your head just pulling you in the direction of people who have explicitly said they're tired of hearing your opinion over and over or something?

*blocks you*

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You got a problem with communism?

If I say "I secretly like Trabants" will McCarthy rise from his grave and punch me in my commie face, then proceed to ruin my future??

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

even though they are actually all vastly inferior to every WMS game ever made by every measurable metric

Quoted from jwilson:

The so-called "trolls" can stir up some interesting discussions, certainly more than a lovefest generally does. That's why I spoke up in defence of open dialogue. So, how about them Premiers.

It's not a circlejerk, and it's not that anybody in this thread isn't open for some level of meaningful debate. It's that the assclowns (term I prefer over calling them trolls) bring unwarranted condescension, ridiculous off-point arguments and just an overall negativity that many don't feel like reading. Most of us are hobbyists, not operators, so we don't care about which games on location bring in what type of revenue. Levi is constantly making statements like "no idea why other people here can't figure something out that's so simple", etc. If you need to disable downvotes on your account so you don't see them...obviously you're the ass, not everyone else.

As to off-point, the assclowns have made repetitive statements about how GTB/Premier games don't hail in comparison to many B/W titles. Absolutely no one in this thread ever made such an accusation, and the title of this thread isn't "Premier games are way better than B/W". Most of us own B/W titles, and obviously recognize that the themes, coding, gameplay and layouts are superior to Premier games. The title is "Who Here Likes Premier / Gottlieb?" Yet every statement superstar Levi makes is in response to someone's query about a Premier game, and his response is that game sucks, that game is horrible, or I would rather stare at grass grow than play that. Saying that a Premier game plays well but lacks good artwork, or that a certain layout or shot doesn't make sense is one thing. Straight up bashing every single Premier game in a "Who Here likes Premier / Gottlieb" thread is just trolling, and is actually quite moronic.

I'm not big on personal attacks on here, just keeping threads on point and trying to enjoy this hobby. Reading some of the crap constantly posted by the clowns just becomes arduous, meaningless, irritating and lacks any level of intelligence or thought previous to posting, which I wouldn't expect from a few guys that have thousands and thousands of dollars to spend on a hobby. But hey, not all poor people are dumb, and not all rich people are smart.

As I said before, I don't care who made the game. I think I have found something unique, intriguing, exciting, enjoyable...or redundant, irritating, frustrating and bewildering with every single pinball game I've ever played. But I still love the hobby and flipping a few games on anything somebody has. Whether it's a TAF, a Raven or a beat up old EM that is the only machine sitting in the corner of their unfinished basement....I'll play a few games and enjoy myself either way.

#475 7 years ago

So because you don't know how to act, I'M the guy quick to anger? Lol. Every scoundrel has an excuse.

Your tastes >>>>> everyone else's tastes >>>> my taste. Okay hun? That's what you need? Now put your little internet emotion detector back under your desk and find another thread to be superior in.

#476 7 years ago

I vote to just ignore the clowns, and get this thread back on track. There have now been more posts about them and their worthless, meaningless and derogatory comments than about Premier games...what the OP originally intended this thread to be. And I apologize that I contributed to some of that, albeit in defense and not as an antagonist.

That said, anybody know if I can increase the time interval of the skull topper on Bone Busters talking in attract mode? And that is short of disconnecting the topper or recoding the roms. I love the game and mine is a beautiful example, but him talking every 7 seconds can get somewhat irritating at times. I don't see anything in the manual, and maybe a comment every 6 minutes would be perfect...like Gottlieb Amazing Spidey. (another awesome Gottlieb game although not Premier, exemplary art package)

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

anybody know if I can increase the time interval of the skull topper on Bone Busters talking in attract mode?

Have you tried taking out one of the two soundboards? Might cut it down by half...

I kid, of course. I actually don't know, but I've always thought it was cool that Gottlieb went through the trouble to put in a second sound board for all the speech. That must've been expensive for the 80s.

#478 7 years ago

sell bb to me and problem solved

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I've always thought it was cool that Gottlieb went through the trouble to put in a second sound board for all the speech

Do they just use pre-recorded samples at that point, or is it still synthesized?

#480 7 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

There you go.

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Do they just use pre-recorded samples at that point, or is it still synthesized?

Huh, good question. I assume that they used recorded samples, since different skeletons each have a different timbre, but now that you bring it up, they all do have a rigid synthesized quality to them. I'm guessing Gottlieb either used a really high quality speech encoder or they had really poor speech compression.

#482 7 years ago

Double vision.

20170215_193952 (resized).jpg20170215_193952 (resized).jpg

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Double vision.

Nope, lol... coin return lights

So cool though!!

#484 7 years ago

Mines the left one

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Mines the left one

in that case, I will take the one on the right...

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

in that case, I will take the one on the right...

Good choice and good luck with that and beating my high score lol

20160507_175751 (resized).jpg20160507_175751 (resized).jpg

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Quoted from crlush:

There you go.

It actually...and regretfully...is for sale. I threw a comment up in the NE for sale thread last week, but I just haven't placed an ad in the marketplace yet.

Just flew to Cali to visit family this morning, so if anybody on here is local to Castaic and wants to chill and play some pinball, let me know. I'm already having withdraw, especially after jumping on here and posting some today.

#488 7 years ago

I havent gotten to play busters much...I always liked it, just wish I could spend a little more time on it....

What have BB been going for lately? Average condition, nothin special done I mean. Or do they not come up that often?

#490 7 years ago

I sincerely hope you find one. Sucks to be totally missing! The one on my machine has a nasty crack in it.

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I certainly agree that Pinside is not the most positive place for pinball out there, but at the same time, I can't really condone blocking someone or having them ejected just because you only want positive comments that totally agree with your opinion.
If your opinion is so weak that it cannot counter any resistance, it's not much of an opinion at all.
I used to absolutely loathe all Gottlieb SS games and I only liked WMS games, but thanks to people championing them, I actually enjoyed playing some Genesis at the last couple of shows and find things to like in many other Gottliebs these days. That only happened because the opinions of others were strong enough to counteract my own opinions.
The idea of an echo chamber where people only parrot the same opinions back and forth is kind of boring and repetitive.

The purpose of this thread is to show love for Gottlieb/Premier because they are so hated in the pinball world. Again, if you don't like the positivity revolving around a company that gets shit on all the time, just move on.

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That said, anybody know if I can increase the time interval of the skull topper on Bone Busters talking in attract mode?

Dip switch 7 disables attract mode sounds, however, I don't see anything that controls the interval.

#493 7 years ago

They are different from the other makers yes. i think they have made some great solid states and I just bought another one a few days ago and I enjoy them both. The knock off names of obvious movies or themes adds to the pinball snobery over them. However, they are very affordable machines which is great. I am a fan of them!

IMG_2195 (resized).JPGIMG_2195 (resized).JPG

#494 7 years ago

Special thanks to all the people posting positivity about this company. Not often you see something that is not about Bally/Williams pins. I don't even own a Premier Gottlieb but im glad to see there are people who love them too! Keep the photos coming!

#495 7 years ago

In regards to the trolls who can't read, just ingnore them, dudes. They are obviously glued to the computer and have too much time on their hands...

#496 7 years ago

Am I overlooking a setting or can Free Play only be enabled in Tournament mode on Sys3 games? If so, can it be configured to add more than one credit per coin drop? My dart machine doesn't have free play, but I set it to add 5 credits per coin drop so I can quickly add credits when needed.

#497 7 years ago

My barbwire is set on freeplay, I think its buried in the menu somewhere.

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

It's good that you are able to show empathy to a known troll. (This may seem like sarcasm, but it's not; I sincerely mean that it's good that you're trying to get along)

It's not empathy, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I doubt his overreaction in any individual instance was one-sided.

And I wouldn't characterize him as just a troll, I mean the dude did just win the NC SCS.

I'm done clogging the thread with off topic discussion now.

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Am I overlooking a setting or can Free Play only be enabled in Tournament mode on Sys3 games? If so, can it be configured to add more than one credit per coin drop? My dart machine doesn't have free play, but I set it to add 5 credits per coin drop so I can quickly add credits when needed.

Off the top of my head so may be wrong.

Open coin door. Turn on game, then pull out interlock switch. Inside coin door in a toggle switch. Move it one way and you will see the ability to change into free play setting.

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Off the top of my head so may be wrong.
Open coin door. Turn on game, then pull out interlock switch. Inside coin door in a toggle switch. Move it one way and you will see the ability to change into free play setting.

Yup, that's the Tournament mode switch that has freeplay as an option. But when in standard settings there doesn't seem to be free play available. The problem is you can't "Fine Tune" the game adjustments (lots more options) in Tournament mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 880 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-here-likes-premiergottlieb/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.