Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TZ_#2.jpg
TZ_#2.,.,1.jpg
Bye_Bye,_It_was_Fun_!!!.jpg
TAF--Floorman_&_son.jpg
105_3750.jpg
TAF_#2_.jpg
TAF_#2.jpg
BB_.jpg
Stop_Posting_!!!.jpg
dead-horse-fast2.gif
Stop_Posting_!!!.jpg
TAF_013.JPG
TAF_008.JPG
TAF_014.JPG
TAF_006.JPG
TAF_010.JPG

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

is this in the clouds by the house?

Yes,There are 3 magnets in that area above the house and if the transistor fails to one of those magnets it will lock on and burn the playfield over time if it is not quickly noticed that the magnet is locked on.

#52 7 years ago

I think my offer last week was 200 high.
Had not seen the back of the Cab. I agree with John on pricing this one.
I'd spend $1800 on this one easy.

Hooked , You Over Kill Every Pin that you get anyway.. $ 1800.00 my but.. You sound like Jack now,, If Yr interested in a pin @ the Sale , Do a 360 around the Pin like i did with the AFM i bought in January ,,, 1 more Tyme

dvandentop said:

is this in the clouds by the house?

Yes,There are 3 magnets in that area above the house and if the transistor fails to one of those magnets it will lock on and burn the playfield over time if it is not quickly noticed that the magnet is locked on.
----------------------------------

I will Pass that info onto Jack, but i'm Sure He know's that anyway.. He did ask me Sat- if i knew anyway to get the Yellow'ish off the P/F from the Magnet burn.. Do they make an Over Lay Decal or something to cover it up ?

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

TaylorVA said:RobT said:TaylorVA said:I don't think TAF is overrated at all. I think most people respect the game for what it did. Most non pinheads I know know about TAF pinball. I think most players consider it an okay game but all in all I don't think people rave about the game other than saying it is a fun pin.
Could you have contradicted yourself more?
How did I contradict myself?
You say it isn't overrated at all, then you proceed to say players consider it an "ok" game, but don't rave about it other than saying its fun.
Considering that it is rated the 6th best pin ever made here at Pinside, saying it "isn't overrated at all" and then saying players considering it "an ok" game seems contradictory to me.

I don't know the ratings here or give much credence to them. I am just talking about what I have heard from people. There is very little chatter ever about TAf being a great game. I think it is a game that a lot of people cut their teeth on so it is respected. I do think it is a very fun game.

As a player I think it is an ok game, pretty easy and straight forward. Heard this from others, still not sure what is contradictory.

Don't make me go all kwikimart on you.

#54 7 years ago

Taylor , Yr like a DAM Broken Record,, What is this the 5th tyme you have chimed in Whining
Let it go ... Dam dude.. I actually like TAF myself . Not to Deep of a Pin, but it's Popular and Fun !!

#56 7 years ago

Little Shop of Games ,, Killer , Thanxx bro.. You know , I'm Gonna Help Jack with this TAF , I want to take that angle iron off and see what's up.. There's NOTH-n that can't be Fixed. Most everyone Here has said it isn't worth much.. Jack Paid $ 2850.00 + $ 10.00= $ 2860 , he has added a Very Good Used DMD , a New Ribbon Cable , he's Gonna repair the PDB , Patch & repair the Head Corner..
And with the Supplies from LSG , The P/F should be Beautiful.. I'll even Novus the Ramp's and Flame Polish them .. I bet it won;t Last a 4 day's on C.List at $ 36 to 4k .. I'll keep this Thread Alive just to Keep a TAF alive.. and Jack might even give me a 100 for help-n .. I know he will. Later ...

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Taylor , Yr like a DAM Broken Record,, What is this the 5th tyme you have chimed in Whining
Let it go ... Dam dude.. I actually like TAF myself . Not to Deep of a Pin, but it's Popular and Fun !!

I'm not whining about anything, it is called clarifying.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

B_R, They do sell decal overlays for the burns and its like 32 bucks.

I love TAF and find my MM much more simplistic. All the modes are lots of fun and the theme is so well integrated into the game... love the random snapping flippers at the end of the theme music! Pat Lawlor is my hero LOL! Helps that I practicall grew up on this game.

If anyone's thinking of picking this up, I will be doing a playfield swap on mine in the next couple of months and I'll offer up the original here. It's actually in really good condition too but I'm anal that way. No real mansion wear or burn. Just some insert lifting and a few minor cracks in the paint where some burn was about to occur. I'll do any the touch up and add an automotive clear coat at my shop. It will look great and I'll offer it up here when ready.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Little Shop of Games ,, Killer , Thanxx bro.. You know , I'm Gonna Help Jack with this TAF , I want to take that angle iron off and see what's up.. There's NOTH-n that can't be Fixed. Most everyone Here has said it isn't worth much.. Jack Paid $ 2850.00 + $ 10.00= $ 2860 , he has added a Very Good Used DMD , a New Ribbon Cable , he Gonna repair the PDB , Patch & repair the Head Corner..
And with the Supplies from LSG , The P/F should be Beautiful.. I'll even Novus the Ramp's and Flame Polish them .. I bet it won;t Last a 4 day's on C.List at $ 36 to 4k .. I'll keep this Thread Alive just to Keep a TAF alive.. Later ...

Sounds good,You guys should have no problem selling TAF there's always someone looking for one.
With some good cleaning and maybe some LEDS that will get her sold..Good Luck to guys

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I love TAF and find my MM much more simplistic. All the modes are lots of fun and the theme is so well integrated into the game... love the random snapping flippers at the end of the theme music! Pat Lawlor is my hero LOL! Helps that I practicall grew up on this game.

Haha!! Yes,TAF is great and Thanks to Pat Lawlor for two of the best games around TZ and TAF.
I used to play both way back in the 90's...They were sitting side by side in the pizza shop and I knew one day i shall have both.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I bet it won;t Last a 4 day's on C.List at $ 36 to 4k .. ...

That's a good bet. People all around here (mid east coast) want one.

Keep me on your short list when you are ready to sell it.. If the timing's right I can pay a no-lowball fair price.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

BLACK_ROSE said:

I bet it won;t Last a 4 day's on C.List at $ 36 to 4k .. ...

That's a good bet. People all around here (mid east coast) want one.

Keep me on your short list when you are ready to sell it.. If the timing's right I can pay a no-lowball fair price. []

Would you like it as is , ( Cheaper ) or @ the Shop'd price ? If you will be Attend-n the Tourney in Greensboro this coming Sat- Jack's Shop isn't but 30 minute's from Lost Ark. You could meet up with us.. call me.. You have my cell # . If i'm Breath-n , I should be @ the Tourney also.. Astrodan has said 4 out of 5 Tourney's have been Won by a Basher.. The 6th Need's to be Listed as a Pinside Winner !!!

#63 7 years ago

Non shopped price would be preffered. It doesn't even have to be fully working.

I'd love to check out Jack's pad next weekend. See ya Saturday..

BTW, I've won 2 of the Lost Ark tournaments

Pinside rules! ("Basher's" need not apply )

#64 7 years ago

I've Owned TAF 2-Times , I enjoy it each tyme.. I bought my 1st from a guy in Raleigh , NC . He Had owned it for 10 yr's.. He Turned me on to Alex, his Nephew . The Kid who's dad died when he was 8 and had 5 Pin's .. After a 2 yr wait , I bought TZ & TOM from Him Last week. They stayed
in the GRG for 23 hr's . My 2nd TAF i bought from BigLaw ( a member Here ) I bought it in May of Last Yr. Man BigLaw had Every mod Known to man on the Playfield , and it was Loaded with Led's from Head down.. I Played it for a Month then The Banker made me a Good offer on it..Here's Tony's Gameroom in the Video b-low. You can hear in the back-Ground the music from his Sopranos pin.. Up-Stair's you can hear my 1st TAF.. I Like to sell to Friend's , I can Play them again Now & Then.. The POTC you see in 1-Pict- it was an 08 HUO with 875 Play's , I Traded it to ScottC for my Now 3rd owner HUO TZ , he drove from Philly to NC , I gave him $ 200 to boot for gas and had some Beer and a Few New York Strip's on the grill.. I Try to do People Rite !!

BB_.jpg TAF_#2.jpg TAF_#2_.jpg 105_3750.jpg TAF--Floorman_&_son.jpg Bye_Bye,_It_was_Fun_!!!.jpg

#65 7 years ago

I think my offer last week was 200 high.
Had not seen the back of the Cab. I agree with John on pricing this one.
I'd spend $1800 on this one easy.

"Hooked , You Over Kill Every Pin that you get anyway.. $ 1800.00 my but.. You sound like Jack now,, If Yr interested in a pin @ the Sale , Do a 360 around the Pin like i did with the AFM i bought in January ,,, 1 more Tyme"

Thats why you buy from me and flip out (bk2k - TS)...because I do it right.
For that one to be in my line up it would need a playfield $900-1000 - Cab repaired and art replaced $300 - Ramp and plastics $250 Misc rebuilt items $200. Sooo $1750 your right I was way high...lol. No wait.. if we go LED's even more...theres the $50 I was missing. I didnt even add a dime for labor.

#66 7 years ago

And boy were those steaks good! POTC is still a favorite in the basement. I will have another TZ someday.......

BR you need to come up to the A-Town show this year.

And bring me a minty TZ...LOL

Pick up Hooked on the way.

#67 7 years ago

Keep me posted on the TAF pin sale.....interesting to see where prices have gone on that one.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

RobT said:TaylorVA said:RobT said:TaylorVA said:I don't think TAF is overrated at all. I think most people respect the game for what it did. Most non pinheads I know know about TAF pinball. I think most players consider it an okay game but all in all I don't think people rave about the game other than saying it is a fun pin.
Could you have contradicted yourself more?
How did I contradict myself?
You say it isn't overrated at all, then you proceed to say players consider it an "ok" game, but don't rave about it other than saying its fun.
Considering that it is rated the 6th best pin ever made here at Pinside, saying it "isn't overrated at all" and then saying players considering it "an ok" game seems contradictory to me.
I don't know the ratings here or give much credence to them. I am just talking about what I have heard from people. There is very little chatter ever about TAf being a great game. I think it is a game that a lot of people cut their teeth on so it is respected. I do think it is a very fun game.
As a player I think it is an ok game, pretty easy and straight forward. Heard this from others, still not sure what is contradictory.
Don't make me go all kwikimart on you.

HAHAHA! Your last sentence gave me a real good chuckle!

I actually don't disagree with what you are saying, but here is where the disconnect is: you say you don't know what it is rated here (at Pinside), but that was the exact context that I was using.

So having said everything that you have, in the end, would you agree that it is "overrated" *here* since it is considered the 6th best pin ever made?

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Thats why you buy from me and flip out (bk2k - TS)...because I do it right.
For that one to be in my line up it would need a playfield $900-1000 - Cab repaired and art replaced $300 - Ramp and plastics $250 Misc rebuilt items $200. Sooo $1750 your right I was way high...lol. No wait.. if we go LED's even more...theres the $50 I was missing. I didnt even add a dime for labor.

Just Pick-n on Ya Hooked !! Every Pin that I get from you lOOK's AWESOME !!!

Quoted from scottc:

And boy were those steaks good! POTC is still a favorite in the basement. I will have another TZ someday.......

BR you need to come up to the A-Town show this year.

And bring me a minty TZ...LOL

Pick up Hooked on the way.

I'd Love to come up , Loooog Drive,, Not Sure if Hooked could stand my Cigarette smoke !!

The 1st Pict- was Scott's last game on TZ...

TZ_#2.,.,1.jpg TZ_#2.jpg

1 week later
#71 7 years ago

Bump... had a member ask-n about it & he couldn't Locate the Thread..

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside