Stop_Posting_!!!.jpg
dead-horse-fast2.gif
Stop_Posting_!!!.jpg
TAF_013.JPG
TAF_008.JPG
TAF_014.JPG
TAF_006.JPG
TAF_010.JPG
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

Just wondering ,,, In case 1 comes available .. Never know

#2 12 years ago

Oh crap

#3 12 years ago

I would love one, but NC is a long drive...

#4 12 years ago

It's on my list for sure.

#5 12 years ago

You know my number BR....

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You know my number BR...

Sure do !!!! We'll see what happen's ... I might try something different Here sometyme on a pin..

Will do a On-Line Bidd-n War Like E-bay.. Might be Fun.. I was told i Let TZ go to Cheap

I wonder how a Bid-n War would've worked on it.. Plenty of Pict's & a video to show ...

#7 12 years ago

I'm looking for one BR. Keep us posted!!

#8 12 years ago

My mother often hums the theme music from TAF.

#9 12 years ago

I might be interested if it was in great shape.

#10 12 years ago

Not me.

TAF is the most overrated pin out there bar none. But that's just my opinion. YMMV.

#11 12 years ago

I have a friend looking for one

Quoted from RobT:

TAF is the most overrated pin out there bar none. But that's just my opinion.

Just so happens to be my opinion as well. But I have friends that absolutely love it so to each their own.

#12 12 years ago

TAF is the best selling pin of all time. How is that overrated?..can't argue with numbers.

Yeah, I'd love to buy one. don't have the dough right now... damn, that is such a nice playing game.

#13 12 years ago

ill take 10 of them
i always get asked for them in my store

#14 12 years ago

I'm getting one this year. I love the theme and total package of TAF. I think it goes well with TZ and FH, making the perfect Lawlor trio. Gameplay is a lot of fun but not over the top I guess. I'm sure my newbie pinball guests will love the game too.

#15 12 years ago

I have one that plays amazingly perfect, feels spot on!
But I hardly play it. hehe

#16 12 years ago

You know I do.

#17 12 years ago

I don't think TAF is overrated at all. I think most people respect the game for what it did. Most non pinheads I know know about TAF pinball. I think most players consider it an okay game but all in all I don't think people rave about the game other than saying it is a fun pin.

#18 12 years ago

I will rave about it. It is always a fun time. A clean well dialed in TAF is a blast to play for both noobs and oldtimers. 4 well set up flippers, fun toys, "the POWER", great theme. I think the only complaint I have heard thus far is that it needs more multiballs.

I love that the ruleset is not too complicated (it can be explained to a first timer in 2 minutes) but it has a variety of shots and even when someone completes the mansion the first thing they usually say is, "I want to do that again!"

#19 12 years ago

I want one to complete a full restore on since I have tons of parts that have been waiting for that day. NOS Ramp and Clear Ramp(figured I would pick when the time comes), Fester Mod, All the brass mods, bear mod, target decals, thing decal, apron decal, cliffy set, CT Led set, magnet fuse mod, swamp light, can't remember what else but I have a whole tub of parts just waiting

Long story short...I'm interested but would need it shipped if you were up for the prep work

#20 12 years ago

I'll get some Pict's of TAF 2-day.. It Might be in the B_R GRG 2-day as well.. Later...

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Just wondering ,,, In case 1 comes available .. Never know

I'm shopping my TAF, and wanting to get it back together ... does that count?

A TAF is a PIA to shop. So much going on. I'm redoing the color scheme on the pops too ... so re-installing 5 light sockets adds to the mayhem. Black skirts, purple caps with purple LEDs ... now all I need is a smoke generator in the graveyard and I'm set!

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is always a fun time. A clean well dialed in TAF is a blast to play for both noobs and oldtimers.

Well said, TAF is FUN, the theme is recognized by almost everyone, excellent PLaw layout, great flow, terrific music and call outs, great DMD animation, fantastic use of magnets, always a challenge to play but not so complicated that only advanced players can "get it", everything works on TAF.

That is why it was the most popular game ever, based on sales numbers. It remains popular over 20 years later, will still earn on route, very impressive. A true crowd pleaser is very hard to do and PLaw did it.

#23 12 years ago

Still waiting on those pics. If its the one with magnet burn and mansion wear nope.
If its the one with mylar bubble I can deal with it.
Assuming your talking about the one we spoke about last week.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I don't think TAF is overrated at all. I think most people respect the game for what it did. Most non pinheads I know know about TAF pinball. I think most players consider it an okay game but all in all I don't think people rave about the game other than saying it is a fun pin.

Could you have contradicted yourself more?

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not me.
TAF is the most overrated pin out there bar none. But that's just my opinion. YMMV.

TAF Basher!

#26 12 years ago

Still waiting on those pics. If its the one with magnet burn and mansion wear nope.

Hooked you left out Alot more ,, Here's the Good & the Bad with this TAF ,,

The Rt-ramp is miss-n the metal 2-piece ramp side Entrance Guard's ( Avail-@ Marco Specialtys ) , Mansion insert's have wear ,Need's Sling-Plastic's ( also avail-@ M.S ) The Trans has a scratch or 2 , No other broken Plastic's that i noticed . Ramp's Should clean-up..

The cabinet , Rt Rear has a piece of angle Iron installed , ( like the cab- has separated or something ) , Head has a BAD corner, ( No big'e ) , The Rt- Lower side of the cab- has Nail's installed All the way across , etc...... Jack said he Didn't Notice All of this @ the Auction.. The Pin's are Sandwiched 2-gether ,,, He hasn't repaired the PDB yet , but he did Power it up , He Replaced the DMD and added a New Ribbon cable to the DMD, Error say's Replace fuse 114 & 115. The 12v is out .. No Biggie !! It also has No Topper ..I don't know if i want this TAF ,, You guy's that are interested ,, Look @ the Pict's- and tell me what you think ..

The Good , ,,, It's a TAF ... and the magnet burn isn't that Bad.. The P/F Should clean up Nicely..

#28 12 years ago

B_R, what are you asking?

#29 12 years ago

It should cleanup real nicely and I'm sure you wont have a problem selling her.TAF is always on the wanted list.Great game I love the humor on TAF.

#30 12 years ago

I just called Jack ,, He said let him repair the Power Driver Board , then see what else show's.. He will shoot me a price ( As is ) Next week .. And if you want it Ship'd , ( No prob- ) just figure
in around $ 300.00 or so if you use http://coinopshippers.com/

#31 12 years ago

Is there a pic of the magnet burn?

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Hooked - I got the one with the Mylar bubble and that Mylar is now long gone. This was my first experience pulling it and it was not anywhere near as bad as I was anticipating. Used the freeze method. The playfield is awesome underneath. The machine didn't need much work, but I am going totally through it because I'm going to have this one for a while.

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

TaylorVA said:I don't think TAF is overrated at all. I think most people respect the game for what it did. Most non pinheads I know know about TAF pinball. I think most players consider it an okay game but all in all I don't think people rave about the game other than saying it is a fun pin.

How did I contradict myself?

#34 12 years ago

Is there a pic of the magnet burn?

I didn't even think of that , but see if you can Zoom up on these .. I'll be going back to Jack's 1-day this coming week , i'll snap a few more Pict's- after he has it up & running.. It's Not a Collector Piece for Sure , but even with the Cab- default's , It would Still be a Nice Pin..

TAF_008.JPGTAF_008.JPG TAF_013.JPGTAF_013.JPG

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

HOOKED said:Still waiting on those pics. If its the one with magnet burn and mansion wear nope.
Hooked - I got the one with the Mylar bubble and that Mylar is now long gone. This was my first experience pulling it and it was not anywhere near as bad as I was anticipating. Used the freeze method. The playfield is awesome underneath. The machine didn't need much work, but I am going totally through it because I'm going to have this one for a while.

Thats the one I wanted

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

RobT said:TaylorVA said:I don't think TAF is overrated at all. I think most people respect the game for what it did. Most non pinheads I know know about TAF pinball. I think most players consider it an okay game but all in all I don't think people rave about the game other than saying it is a fun pin.
How did I contradict myself?

You say it isn't overrated at all, then you proceed to say players consider it an "ok" game, but don't rave about it other than saying its fun.

Considering that it is rated the 6th best pin ever made here at Pinside, saying it "isn't overrated at all" and then saying players considering it "an ok" game seems contradictory to me.

#37 12 years ago

Black Rose, looks like you have some work ahead of you.

Do some magic to this one! Looking forward to seeing the improvements.

#38 12 years ago

If the Magnet Burn is in the Cloud's ( the slight Yellow'ish color ) That's Not Bad.. After Jack has the PDB Fixed , and the Check Fuse prob- Gone , We'll see what other Error's show.. I still might buy it..
I've Talked w/ Shanetastic about Me & Him Jumping on TAF for a Major Over-haul.. In the End , I would guess i'd have $ 36 to $ 3800.00 invested.. The Cab- issues are Minor & Fixable .

You Don't see 2 - many TAF 's 4-Sale !!! I'm Sure i could sell it.. Any Opinion's ?

#39 12 years ago

at $3800, there won't be much meat left on the bone for resale purposes. Just my opinion, i'm sure that'll be argued against shortly.

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Considering that it is rated the 6th best pin ever made here at Pinside, saying it "isn't overrated at all" and then saying players considering it "an ok" game seems contradictory to me.

i think he's trying to say that it's broad appeal is what justifies it's rank.

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

at $3800, there won't be much meat left on the bone for resale purposes. Just my opinion, i'm sure that'll be argued against shortly.

I would agree with Dave

#42 12 years ago

3500 for a TAF with magnet burn and angle iron holding the cabinet together is too high IMO. People either want a $2000 'core' game to put a new playfield in and restore, a $3000 players machine, or a $4500-5000 restored game.

#43 12 years ago

This game could be a core for a high end restoration, or a players game, but it's not cost effective when you consider the base price. To be a high end restoration, it needs a playfield, cabinet, cab decals, plastics, ramp, topper etc - the parts that all beat, blown out TAFs need. To be a players machine, there has to be a discount price figured into the equation.

#44 12 years ago

I think my offer last week was 200 high.
Had not seen the back of the Cab. I agree with John on pricing this one.
I'd spend $1800 on this one easy.

#45 12 years ago

I'm Passing on this TAF , but if Jack get's it Error Free and throw's out a Price before a Shop , I Will Post it here. He might let it go for $ 31 to $ 3200.00 .. ( Is that Still too High ? )

#46 12 years ago

Yeah, I think so. TAF can be found in better shape for $3500 almost everyday.

#47 12 years ago

lOOK's like this TAF is Going No Where Here.. Let's Kill it !!! B_R ..

Stop_Posting_!!!.jpgStop_Posting_!!!.jpg

#48 12 years ago

can someone explain the magnet burn? is this in the clouds by the house?

#49 12 years ago

My thoughts...

dead-horse-fast2.gifdead-horse-fast2.gif

#50 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

can someone explain the magnet burn? is this in the clouds by the house?

Yes, look at the clouds where they are 'browned'. If you removed the magnet coil under the playfield, you'd see char marks.

The driving transistors for the 3 magnets are on a small PCB under the playfield. The wiring between the board and the magnets is not fused - so, if a transistor locks, the magnet sticks on until it melts down, burning the playfield.

It's a pretty common and accepted mod to install a fuse in line between the magnets and the magnet driver board - so if this happens, the fuse blows and the playfield doesn't get burnt up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-here-is-wanting-to-buy-a-taf/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.