Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 693 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 days ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9916 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9009 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_0967 (resized).jpeg
    196A9402-78C3-4F57-8D5D-B765B08AE29F.gif
    IMG_1199 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5196 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7917 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7468 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8031 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8817 (resized).png
    IMG_9674 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7521 (resized).jpeg
    A61E0C90-9A89-4FD0-A6F4-1BDE5DE7E9E0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8086 (resized).jpeg
    E1DAA857-3776-4D35-A2EC-793A00A8DA5F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunnut40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 4 years ago

Y'all crack me up! You act like quitting drinking is going to be awsome. Once I put booze down problem solved. Ummm. Ok. Unless you are downing a 5th of whiskey a day maybe something will change. Besides that nah you are fooling yourself.

1 week later
    #155 4 years ago

Beer bong! Goooo!

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I enjoy drinking, but I recently received some very difficult news to hear.
    I moved recently and my wife set us up appointments with a doctor in our new area. The doctor did all the testing, bloodwork, etc, since it was our first visit. I received a call a few days later with very discreet details essentially saying that I need to go back to the doctor urgently. That is the absolute last thing anyone wants to hear.
    I made an appointment right away and went to hear that not only do I have a lot of bloodwork numbers that were "alarming, " but I also have adult onset diabetes.
    That really crushed my spirit.
    The good news is that I can eradicate it with diet and exercise.
    As a result, I have had to stop drinking...which has been difficult for me.
    On the flip side...i have lost 40 pounds in 2 1/2 months.

Sorry to hear that. Don't worry assholes will be saying your sick. Your to damn skinny! Well enough about me. If your at pincinni this year how about push up contest?

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

I'm really sorry to read this much about a bunch of drunks!! I never started drinking because,like cigarettes,its stupid,smelly,expensive,destructive to your health and puts you in a crowd of people generally frowned upon! I always see guys with a giant pot-belly,drink in one hand,cigarette in the other,talking crap about anything that they are doing!! How about you big business assholes that have to have several Martinis at lunch,and think that because you wear a silly suit and tie to work,your cool...NOT!!Who cares about how much money you can steal from your investors and laugh about it over a couple of drinks!! This is the underbelly of our society !!!!

Dude you wrote this sober? Man I thought I had issues.

6 months later
    #194 3 years ago

I cut way back. I drink 2 a night most of the time. I was drinking a 8-16 a day. Yuengling is a damn good beer for how cheap it is. 45 days and I have had about 3 cases.

2 years later
    #320 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

I quit. It wasn’t as hard as people same it is. No help needed.

Quitting is easy. It’s sticking with it is the problem. Keep yourself busy and don’t let your brain trick you.

#328 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

This is exactly why I restore 2 to 3 games at the same time with one always waiting in line. I shifted my addiction to something more productive.
    The worst is when you’re out and people can’t wrap their brains around how you aren’t drinking and basically make it their life mission to get you to drink. So fucking annoying. It’s like dude sorry I’m not joining you with a bud light but I used to chug full bottles of Bulleit Bourbon daily. I’ve already had my fair share, I’m over it. Get out of here with your fucking White Claws bro.

I encourage people not to drink. When I do drink now with my wife, family and friends. I try to drink what they do. This helps with moderation. If they tell me I need to slow down I listen. I find that if I drink alone the odds of getting wasted are very very high. This is working fairly good for me right now.

3 weeks later
    #366 1 year ago
    Quoted from tbonedrums:

I have been away from pinside for awhile and just came across this thread. It has been a good read.
    I read about a study the other day that relates drinking (especially binge drinking) to a higher risk of stroke and it raised some red flags for me. This, along with this thread comes at a time when I am starting to look seriously at my drinking and my health.
    https://www.medindia.net/news/alcohol-risk-factors-for-acute-stroke-identified-209024-1.htm
    I fall in to the binge category as I normally abstain for days at a time then drink 4 -10 beers usually on my days off but sometimes during the work week as well. Very seldom do I have 1 or 2, it is usually all or none and the frequency of my binges has gone up recently with life issues delaing me stress and depression.
    I don't think I have gone more than 10 days straight in my adult life without a beer.
    I guess you could say I don't have a drinking problem, I have more of a - don't know when to stop drinking problem.
    I am in my early 50's now and starting to notice some alarming things with my physical health and feel it is time to change some things. Helps to know there are others in the same boat. Good luck to everyone trying to quit.

Yeah…I have been trying to do balance thing more than quitting. It working out ok. If you feel like you need to cut back. Start drinking later and sip. You will find it’s hard to drink a whole lot. Coozie are must when doing this.

9 months later
    #620 8 months ago

10 days in with no booze. Hoping to make it to October the 3rd. If I make it 30 days… I will be happy with that.

#625 8 months ago

When grilling I have to crack something open. It does not feel right if I don’t.

IMG_5196 (resized).jpegIMG_5196 (resized).jpeg
    #644 8 months ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Choose therapy, not alcohol

200 a hour…no thanks!

#646 8 months ago
    Quoted from Ballderdash:

But maybe cracking a can of something else will fill that roll. Doesn’t need to be alcohol.

I agree. They probably wouldn’t even notice if you drank virgin drinks.

4 weeks later
    #647 7 months ago

Well going to drink some tonight. 40 days is pretty good run.

2 weeks later
    #651 6 months ago

Well I’m up to 20 drinks since I posted last. Not to bad since I probably drank that on one day at Pincinnati last year. I got a 6 pack Saturday drank two and I was done. I should be ramping up by now.

3 weeks later
    #657 5 months ago

Great job swamp! Huge mile stone. I have cut way back I only drink on Saturday night. 6 pack is good enough for me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunnut40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-here-has-stopped-drinking?tu=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.