Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 693 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 60 days ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9916 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9009 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_0967 (resized).jpeg
    196A9402-78C3-4F57-8D5D-B765B08AE29F.gif
    IMG_1199 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5196 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7917 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7468 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8031 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8817 (resized).png
    IMG_9674 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7521 (resized).jpeg
    A61E0C90-9A89-4FD0-A6F4-1BDE5DE7E9E0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8086 (resized).jpeg
    E1DAA857-3776-4D35-A2EC-793A00A8DA5F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuickSilverShelby.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#206 3 years ago

I just got through "sober October". I did have a couple drinks of port with my family around day 26 to toast my mom's passing. Other then the couple shots of port, a full month without booze is that longest I've gone in years....... like 30 years, and I'm only 51. Things were getting a little out of hand during the early days of Covid so I figured I'd find out who the boss was. Me or the booze.

Prior to sober October I couldn't loose weight no matter what I did. During the month of October, I dropped 15 pounds in 30 days without even trying. Went from 220 down to 205 and I'm still dropping the pounds. Hope to get my 6'1" frame down to 195 which would be nuts. I haven't weighed that in 15 years. Amazing what dropping a couple thousand empty calories a day can do for your weight. My bumb knee feels a ton better when I'm on the ice playing hockey 5 times a week and the aches and pains have greatly subsided. Obviously no hangovers, which is pretty sweet.

I had a couple drinks yesterday and I kinda didn't like how it felt so I've decided that there's gonna be no booze during the week and I'll limit my intake on the weekend. Probably just stick to craft beer, vodka or expensive scotch as opposed to "anything that's available"

Never thought I could do a 31 day stint but once I got through the first 10 days, it wasn't that bad. I'm pretty damn proud of myself.

QSS

#207 3 years ago

Also stopped chewing my nails and the "explosive" shits have virtually disappeared.

Must be something to it, right?

QSS

2 years later
    #374 1 year ago

I love to drink and I'd love to stop. Did I just say I really love to drink? Must be my lack of memory from the sweet, sweet liquor.

Yep, I know I have a problem. My dad died of pancreatic cancer 6 years ago and I'm pretty sure it was from drinking. He wasn't an angry or raging alcoholic, he just liked to drink, he was a happy drinker, just like me.

I'd just like to get off the squirrel wheel. A little advice or any tips please .

QSS

#376 1 year ago
    Quoted from illawarra92:

my wife a

found the best way was to substitute booze with a large bottle of flavored mineral water. chugged it like a beer.
    first week was tough but slowly it got easier.
    the thing is once you stop, you will wonder why you didn't stop sooner.
    may take a few attempts - also think you really *want* to stop

I did the flavoured water for a while. I didn't drink for a week or two while I did the flavoured water and I figured I might be past it but then I slowly went down hill to "the previous lows". Don't get me wrong, It's not really that bad (in my mind) but I know it's not healthy. I'm 53 and I know I gotta tone this shit down or else.

QSS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuickSilverShelby.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-here-has-stopped-drinking?tu=QuickSilverShelby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.