Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 693 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 60 days ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9916 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9009 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_0967 (resized).jpeg
    196A9402-78C3-4F57-8D5D-B765B08AE29F.gif
    IMG_1199 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5196 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7917 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7468 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8031 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8817 (resized).png
    IMG_9674 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7521 (resized).jpeg
    A61E0C90-9A89-4FD0-A6F4-1BDE5DE7E9E0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8086 (resized).jpeg
    E1DAA857-3776-4D35-A2EC-793A00A8DA5F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EJS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#235 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

this place is pretty good as well
    https://athleticbrewing.com/collections/beer?utm_medium=google&utm_source=cpc&utm_campaign={campaign}&utm_term=usa&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyN-DBhCDARIsAFOELTkZGcNITl5HLCpmueovn18N2lkq-yQCV7ncOQdVY33s11oGfTvkuo0aAgyvEALw_wcB

Alright you talked me into it! Going to try a couple of their flavors. I'm not a fruity or IPA kind of person so that limits my options somewhat.

New Bitmap Image (resized).jpgNew Bitmap Image (resized).jpg
    #236 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I need to give it 90 days, and start cycling or jogging after work instead of chugging. I’ll report back if I have any success with it.

My longest stint (as I probably posted above) was either 60 days or 90 days. I can't remember which. Probably can't remember because I've helped myself to beer, scotch and whiskey between now and then (and I probably posted in the respective threads here on pinside)

I usually alternate my months and a bit overdue for a dry month so I'm going to kick things off mid month and try some of that N/A beer.

One of my customers is trying to cut back so we're going to get each other motivated. Fortunately alcohol hasn't negatively impacted either of our lives but just going to make sure we aren't behind the 8 ball health wise down the road.

#247 3 years ago

To give anyone a little motivation.

I’m on day 3 of my break and while it is a little more difficult to FALL asleep, I’m actually staying asleep better and getting better quality sleep. Melatonin helps.

Keep in mind I’m a relatively lightweight so I don’t drink much to begin with, two maybe 3 at most in a night.

4 months later
    #261 2 years ago

I had a little bit a few weeks ago after dry a few months. Just can’t get into it anymore. Been sleeping so much better and hate the sluggish feeling. I like the taste of beer so will continue to sample the NA beers online.

#283 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

But that vodka is definately 8 years old. Probably like turpentine by now

If unopened should last longer than any of us

11 months later
    #288 1 year ago

Untitled Art is delicious too.

1 month later
    #309 1 year ago

I’ve been dabbling around with NA/0.0 beer at total wine and in a way…pleased to see many are sold out. They are in demand. The last I’ve had is the Heineken which is darn close to the regular beer.

#310 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

If anyone that is on the wagon misses pumpkin ale, Wellbeing has one out right now. Not as sweet as the syrupy Southern Tier that I remember but it’s pretty good for an NA.
    [quoted image]

Just placed an order

#331 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Still trying to collect reasons to stop drinking, or cut back, and I hit on a big one: memory. Is my drinking eating away at a lifetime of memories? I’m finding it harder to remember things lately - some of that is being in my late 50’s, but maybe the beer doesn’t help.

My main reason is it started giving me panic attacks at night shortly after I fell asleep. Something I’ve never suffered from before. So much so I felt like my heart was going to explode and had myself checked out immediately.

I’m not talking about getting hammered I’m talking one drink.

So for me…I’m scared of alcohol. No medial history with heart problems. I even had myself hooked up to an event monitor, had an ultrasound and CT in that area and everyone says I’m perfectly healthy even my enzymes are on point.

One positive side effect from me quitting is better sleep quality too.

3 weeks later
    #377 1 year ago

Falling asleep is the hard part shortly after you stop. It was for me anyway. Maybe take some time off work if you can during that point. You might have to have a few sleepless nights. But sleep quality does go up.

#390 1 year ago

I can’t remember if I mentioned this before but for you beer people…Heineken 0.0 is such a similar replica if you need a helping hand….I recommend.

#403 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

I don’t see the point in drinking nonalcoholic Beer… just my opinion…

Same reason I smoke cigars. For the taste. It’s definitely not for everyone.

#432 1 year ago
    Quoted from vidguy:

I once read that caffeine doesn’t give you energy, it just borrows from your future energy. You boost now, crash later.
    Man does that apply to booze. The high is never worth the low.

I’ve contemplated laying off the 1 cup of coffee every morning. I don’t really NEED it. I haven’t researched caffeine that much. Would be worth trying for a couple weeks. I usually do 1 coffee a day and a soda once a day most days.

4 weeks later
    #481 1 year ago

One of my pinball buddies is looking out for me he had a couple of these waiting for me in his fridge.

5B2502D2-F109-4212-B25B-FA1E80561BFA (resized).jpeg5B2502D2-F109-4212-B25B-FA1E80561BFA (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #508 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

69 days alcohol-free today. Apparently this number has significance to some people on the internet.

It’s one of my favorite numbers and for a lot of people but not for the reason you’d think.

810EEA28-2364-4AB2-A204-E22799A3BDA7 (resized).jpeg810EEA28-2364-4AB2-A204-E22799A3BDA7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EJS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-here-has-stopped-drinking?tu=EJS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.