Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 284 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Great fools copy (resized).JPG
    70F22F1C-989A-437A-AE7D-311889F8C03D (resized).jpeg
    F6DF1AD0-4792-445C-8A3B-39CEE797CDC4 (resized).jpeg
    New Bitmap Image (resized).jpg
    79A8D626-3A17-4D9B-A3EF-74E742E736AD (resized).jpeg
    large-screenshot2 (resized).jpg
    EC7EDE6F-6A15-4F81-B2E2-97EBEF6BA3BE (resized).jpeg
    C589BDCB-23F4-4146-B264-7B1A9C83ABC7 (resized).jpeg
    42533413-484D-4FC7-990F-0B99DEEDAED3 (resized).jpeg
    F5FCE5F3-C70C-4DA7-AE3C-211BD8BDD87B (resized).jpeg
    o (resized).jpg
    20191225_204710 (resized).jpg
    20191221_185607 (resized).jpg
    20191224_173748 (resized).jpg
    20191224_185537 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1214 (resized).JPG

There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 6 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Then you have people that take Tylenol for a hangover which is like so fucking bad; yikes.
    I try to keep it under a case a week. I just had to lose some Corvis weight so went a month or 2 without drinking, felt good.
    I also always try to go alcohol free every February sans Super Bowl.

Case as in 24 beers a week?

#252 6 months ago

I stopped drinking sometime in 2013-2014 when I was 35. I just thought..I drink to much..and should stop..and that was it..not even a drop since then..I've thought about some of the non alcoholic beers I see these days, but not sure if that would lead to anything else.

#253 6 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Case as in 24 beers a week?

Yeah. 18-24 depending on the number of days drinking.

#254 6 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sounds about right. Years ago my Dr. put me on a " I want you to take 2 drinks every day". My wife on 1 drink per day. Lite beers for me ..my wife seltzer/wine ,our choice.
    I wind up around a case a week because I like 2 to3 per day..(he is not approving 3)..and I do get labs every 6mo..textbook.
    I take a week off every so often.
    I love my Dr

#255 6 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You might want to contact your physician and get a CBC blood test just to make sure all is in order....just to be safe.

#256 6 months ago

I've, thankfully, never had an addictive personality. Some people in my family do. I've stopped drinking completely a couple times and didn't really miss it, but I do enjoy a nice buzz. I maybe actually get drunk a few times a year, just hate the hangovers these days (late 30s). But, I probably have 2-3 a couple times a week. I'm neurotic and anxious by nature, a few beers cut that edge. So, does a valium, but can't do that all the time. So does small amounts of weed, but I hate getting "too high". So, a couple beers it is usually.

#257 6 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

You might want to contact your physician.....

Yep I see doctors on the reg, appreciate it.

4 months later
    #258 40 days ago

I just passed 2 years of zero drinks. Feeling amazing!

#259 40 days ago

just made a vodka and orange juice to help getting through some of these. subject made me thirsty.

#260 40 days ago

I'm 23 and have never tried alcohol. My brother was, and my dad is a high-functioning alcoholic, and my mom has her own struggles with it. I don't know if I technically fall under the medical definition of an addictive personality, but if I for example eat junk food one day, I have the craving stronger the next day than if I were to go a week without junk food. All of this makes me never want to start drinking. I salute anyone who has quit drinking, but respect anyone's choice to drink

#261 40 days ago

I had a little bit a few weeks ago after dry a few months. Just can’t get into it anymore. Been sleeping so much better and hate the sluggish feeling. I like the taste of beer so will continue to sample the NA beers online.

#262 40 days ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I just passed 2 years of zero drinks. Feeling amazing!

Congrats man! 8/29/19 is my sober-versary
    2 years and counting.

#263 40 days ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

I'm 23 and have never tried alcohol. My brother was, and my dad is a high-functioning alcoholic, and my mom has her own struggles with it. I don't know if I technically fall under the medical definition of an addictive personality, but if I for example eat junk food one day, I have the craving stronger the next day than if I were to go a week without junk food. All of this makes me never want to start drinking. I salute anyone who has quit drinking, but respect anyone's choice to drink

You seem very aware, what a great thing. What you describe about junk food is exactly it. I heard on a tv show once a very apt description of being an alcoholic/addict: one character asks "what's wrong with one drink?" And the alcoholic replies "It's not that I want one drink - it's that I want ten drinks." So keep being aware !

#264 40 days ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Congrats man! 8/29/19 is my sober-versary
    2 years and counting.

Funny, that’s the exact date of my last drink, too!

#265 40 days ago

After my eight months dry last year, I'm leaning towards doing that again. We will see if I can pull it off.

#266 40 days ago
    Quoted from EJS:

NA beers online

I keep a six pack of either becks na or st paulie girl na around for when i feel like having a beer.

I also keep a bottle of vodka and a six pack of bud around since i stopped drinking almost 8 years ago. Just in case i feel like having one. Havent yet.

#267 40 days ago

I just hit the 18 year mark.

#268 40 days ago

Hall of Fame pitcher Dennis Eckersly said he quit drinking after seeing video of himself while drunk.

I used to drink almost every day...a few beers when home alone and probably a dozen when I got together w buddies.

After 30 years I just got tired of it. Stopped around Christmas.

Watching my friends drink and deteriorate into rambling, story repeating, sloppy lushes was my wake up call.

I try not to be 'holier than tho' but now I find it difficult to be around drinkers.

Now I prefer to meet a friend for breakfast or lunch rather than beers after work.

#269 40 days ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

After my eight months dry last year, I'm leaning towards doing that again. We will see if I can pull it off.

I've got faith in you. You did it once, you can do it again.

#270 40 days ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

I've thought about some of the non alcoholic beers I see these days, but not sure if that would lead to anything else.

I went the non-alcoholic beer route for a little while, and it was funny - around my buddies, working on a car having a few beers, I would start to act silly as they were getting a little buzz, too. And once in a while I would grab a "real" beer out of the fridge after a few non-alcohlic ones, but if nothing else, it DID hold back on the "real" beer drinking.

#271 39 days ago

Haven't had a beer in 3-1/2 weeks. Just got tired of the depressed feeling when drinking. I've been drinking a mix of orange juice and Sprite now when I go out. Gave the 15 or so beers that were sitting in my beer fridge away to my in-laws and sold the beer fridge this past weekend.

#272 39 days ago

I started this thread and am still drinking. Just got done with summer and will now go dry atleast a month.

I used to have a lot stresses in life and would not be the best drunk and that was one of my major concerns.

Now I am in a much better place. I just basically turn into 12 year old when I drink, listening to party music and playing games.

I know it is not great for me but it is what it is at this point.

Congratulations too all of you that quit.

#273 39 days ago

I never really drank ever. For years amd years I was into fitness and physique competition, and anything fun I didn't put into my body. Only casually lift, now, but still never bothered drinking even to this day.

#274 39 days ago

Quiz: Do you know which pub this large sign is in? Hint, it's in the USA.

Great fools copy (resized).JPG
    #275 39 days ago
    Quoted from jorant:

I never really drank ever. For years amd years I was into fitness and physique competition, and anything fun I didn't put into my body. Only casually lift, now, but still never bothered drinking even to this day.

Ok fine but we are gonna need to see some pics of this physique. Just for research purposes.

You can keep the bag over your head!

#276 39 days ago

I've tried dozens of times to stop throughout the years.

I've never been a day drinker ever. My problem is when 5 o'clock hits, I start getting antsy. I'm much older now and only have a 2-3 hour window of drinking before I tap out.

I haven't drank in a couple of nights but am going to stream another live Dead & Company show at, you guessed it, 5, which is going to make it tough not to have an adult beverage or two.

#277 39 days ago

If I drink after work now im shoving food in my mouth by 7, sleepy by 8 and have a hangover by 9. It’s rough.

#278 39 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ok fine but we are gonna need to see some pics of this physique.

He's legit.

#280 39 days ago

Yeah I stopped drinking 4 times in my adult life for an extended period of time. Never had a problem with with withdrawal feelings. Every time I stopped it was in Saudi Arabia for some reason. What a friggin partay it is over there. Complete grocery store isle filled with NA beer. Last time over, I learned that the well off men (who are allowed 4 wives) have an actual bar in their house. One of the catch phrases was "What happens in the desert, stays in the desert." Meaning, their Las Vegas is driving into the desert, with a blanket next to their car, at night, and who knows what goes on at that point.

#281 38 days ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

I keep a six pack of either becks na or st paulie girl na around for when i feel like having a beer.
    I also keep a bottle of vodka and a six pack of bud around since i stopped drinking almost 8 years ago. Just in case i feel like having one. Havent yet.

That Bud probably wouldn't taste too good at this point

#282 38 days ago

Yes, it is a good thing they have the born on date on the cans.
    I freshen it up once a year and even that is probably not often enough.
    But that vodka is definately 8 years old. Probably like turpentine by now

#283 37 days ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

But that vodka is definately 8 years old. Probably like turpentine by now

If unopened should last longer than any of us

#284 37 days ago

My ex used to waitress at a place, I'd go in there and have a drink sometimes if I had to pick her up.
    One day I'm sitting there having a beer, looking at all the stuff on the back bar, and there's this wooden plaque with the letters "IITYWYBMAB".
    So I ask the barmaid, "Hey, what do those letters stand for?" And she says, "If I tell you, will you buy me a beer?" So I say "Sure, so what do they stand for?"
    And she repeats it....and then i laugh when the light bulb finally goes off....and buy her a beer......

There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside