(Topic ID: 101423)

Who here has a Crane/Claw machine in their game room?

By ryan1234

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    A73B3818-F251-45FB-8F2F-9B277734495A (resized).jpeg
    15849295376418963676888494443951 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200321-001211 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200209-235703 (resized).png
    Crane Quarter (resized).jpg
    Crane Ten Cents (resized).jpg
    s-l400 (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    thumb_IMG_0869_1024_(resized).jpg
    GR2_(resized).jpg
    GR1_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

I bought one for my game room. Plays a catchy tune as well:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#52 8 years ago

1930's Buckley I restored, and Miami Digger as well. Kids love those things, although I don't let them get too carried away with the Buckley. I keep a big box of Dollar General toys around for them to win. Only 3 pins at the moment, WOZ, FT, and BBH. Thinned the heard for the GBLE and MMR on the way.

GR1_(resized).jpgGR1_(resized).jpg

GR2_(resized).jpgGR2_(resized).jpg

#53 8 years ago

I have one and every time we have a party its a huge hit with the kids. Where is the best place you guys found to buy stuffed animals for inside??

thumb_IMG_0869_1024_(resized).jpgthumb_IMG_0869_1024_(resized).jpg

#54 8 years ago

S&b candy they have bulk animals. Anyone under 13 plays with the crane almost exclusively.

1 month later
    #55 7 years ago

Well I need to free up some money so I'm selling my claw game. Sucks because it's so nice.

3 weeks later
    #56 7 years ago

The wife has requested I find one of these locally for the kids to play. Planning to put their stuffed animals in there and they have to win them back to play with them. Then reload whenever they win too many out... Seems like a mix of fun and evil at the same time.

Now I have to start researching them to figure out what I want. Am thinking something in the 24" wide x 24" deep size. Maybe as much as 30x30.

Any suggestions on what to look for or what to avoid?

#57 7 years ago

I picked up a promo wild turkey machine which is a modded lai

I'm really hoping to find a photo or something with the original graphics in it as mine is missing some of it.

It's makes turkey noises when playing. The guy I bought it from hated it. But I love it

3 years later
    #58 4 years ago

I'm thinking of getting one of these for my game room.I'd like to get a working machine. How are they as far as reliability goes?
    Thanks in advance
    Ralph

s-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg
    #59 4 years ago

Very reliable! I have 3, and 2 are for sale....One with an older Crane....
    Shoot me a PM if you like, and I would believe I can save you some money.....

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Very reliable! I have 3, and 2 are for sale....One with an older Crane....
    Shoot me a PM if you like, and I would believe I can save you some money.....

Thanks! How's the shipping on something like this?

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Thanks! How's the shipping on something like this?

The issue, of course, is the glass. Dale Parker is good guy, getting up there in age, and one of the last guys out there. I had 2 mechs, and he built that cabinets for me.
    I dont believe he offers any glass....he didnt a couple years ago, So Im guessing Fedex freight is around $60.00.
    Now I have the glass in mine, and an issue with Dales cabinets, is he cuts the glass tracks too thick.
    I began to wonder if even pinball glass could be cut, but it took a friend/pinsider Chris, who waited a few months to salvage pieces from large glass projects where he works. It was too thick for any cutter I asked in Orlando.

So we would have to chat about shipping with Glass.....

Crane Quarter (resized).jpgCrane Quarter (resized).jpgCrane Ten Cents (resized).jpgCrane Ten Cents (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #62 4 years ago

One day i will get one for my to be build game room one day!

#63 4 years ago

I wish I could find something like this in PA! Do they ever have these machines at the Allentown Pinfest?
    Screenshot_20200209-235703 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200209-235703 (resized).png

#64 4 years ago

https://jamesroller.com/

He restored a digger for me

Quoted from ralphs007:

I wish I could find something like this in PA! Do they ever have these machines at the Allentown Pinfest?
    [quoted image]

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

[quoted image]

Those are so cool. Of course, when I look at it I can't help but feel that it is just room where a pinball can go.

1 week later
    #66 4 years ago

I have a Big Choice, which I still can't believe I got down the stairs by myself, Escalera notwithstanding. Man, these things are heavy!

But now it seems to be jammed.

Does anyone have any maintenance info on it, or settings info for that matter? I got no paperwork with it, and Googling for it has been fruitless. Is the claw strength adjustable?

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I have a Big Choice, which I still can't believe I got down the stairs by myself, Escalera notwithstanding. Man, these things are heavy!
    But now it seems to be jammed.
    Does anyone have any maintenance info on it, or settings info for that matter? I got no paperwork with it, and Googling for it has been fruitless. Is the claw strength adjustable?

Most of the problems with cranes are string/carriage related. The string hops off the pulley and winds up backward or slips off a limit switch.
    If it's an older one you might get broken wires in the harness, but that'll usually cause it to act intermittent until the wire breaks entirely.
    There should be an claw adjustment potentiometer on the main board. If it's the crane I'm thinking of there's two. A claw strength, and a timer pot that causes the claw to drop after a certain amount of time.

4 weeks later
    #68 4 years ago

My restored "Erie Digger" should be here sometime next week. I have a bunch of ideas for the prizes I'm going to put inside of my machine. I just have to figure out how to make the really nice prizes next to impossible to get.

Screenshot_20200321-001211 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200321-001211 (resized).png
    #69 4 years ago

I normally don't like the color green,but this game looks really nice! I almost picked this one,but ended up picking the red. Maybe some day I'll pick up the green one to keep the red one company .

15849295376418963676888494443951 (resized).jpg15849295376418963676888494443951 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #70 4 years ago

I have this I will be selling or trading. Will need restored.

A73B3818-F251-45FB-8F2F-9B277734495A (resized).jpegA73B3818-F251-45FB-8F2F-9B277734495A (resized).jpeg
    #71 4 years ago

I'm selling this if anyone is interested. Will need restored. Asking $1,000.00. 1930's iron claw. Worth some money when finished. Or would maybe trade for a Wedghead I don't have.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    1 year later
    #72 2 years ago

Anyone know pricing on a modern claw game? A buddy of mine asked me and I’m not sure where to look?

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Anyone know pricing on a modern claw game? A buddy of mine asked me and I’m not sure where to look?

Looking for new or used? Used is all over the place. If your buddy can fit a larger (42" or 60") that will most likely actually be cheaper, most cranes operated at street locations (save grocery stores & Wal-Mart) are 31". Most the import cranes are the same basic thing with a different sticker on the side. Elaut & ICE are both nice machines, but with the quality comes price.

1 week later
    #74 2 years ago
    Quoted from JKirby:

Looking for new or used? Used is all over the place. If your buddy can fit a larger (42" or 60") that will most likely actually be cheaper, most cranes operated at street locations (save grocery stores & Wal-Mart) are 31". Most the import cranes are the same basic thing with a different sticker on the side. Elaut & ICE are both nice machines, but with the quality comes price.

He's looking for used and wants it for his basement for his daughter to play. Any thoughts on where to start the search?

Thanks!

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

He's looking for used and wants it for his basement for his daughter to play. Any thoughts on where to start the search?
    Thanks!

Just a suggestion but I would contact Chris at #KingPinGames He has new and used claw machines in Many price ranges.

3 months later
    #76 2 years ago

I have one for sale in the market place. Needs some work but priced to move!

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-here-has-a-craneclaw-machine-in-their-game-room/page/2?hl=steamvette and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.