(Topic ID: 282876)

Who have you met or spotted, that is famous?

By seeburg220

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dweezil (resized).jpg
    IMG_8606 (resized).JPG
    Goodman (resized).jpg
    D6B95CDE-1FDC-411D-9163-5487B19FB493 (resized).jpeg
    7332989A-2049-4DAD-8DD9-63B382F8E477 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    TheUFOExperienceExampleAmazon (resized).jpg
    CloseEncountersOfTheThirdKindChapter (resized).jpg
    1966ChallengeToScienceTheUFOEnigmaValleePowersAutograph (resized).jpg
    UFOExperienceHynek1972AutographToPowers (resized).jpg
    1966ChallengeToScienceTheUFOEnigmaJacquesVallee (resized).jpg
    NapoleonDynamiteTimeMachine (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    AAA4AB93-94B5-4915-B582-BFF871B6B9D0 (resized).jpeg
    20160925_214806 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1463682657470 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JethroP.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 3 years ago

I met Jesus back in the 90's. We became good friends.

#83 3 years ago

Not in any particular order.....just as I am trying to recall who I've met or run into over the years: David Copperfield after a performance got an autograph. Penn and Teller in Cincinnati theatre lobby. Lance Burton, Max Maven, at magic conventions. Jim Nabors at the Indy 500 about 15 years ago, sat a few tables from us at a restaurant before the race on race day. Tiny Tim at Kennedy Airport back in the 70's. Willie Mays in the 60's...came to our neighborhood market grand opening, got his autograph when I was a kid. Ran into Adam West (Batman) in the 70's I think it was, in Seattle at Neiman Marcus shopping for shoes. I walked by Tina Turner sitting in a Beverly Hills restaurant. Monty Hall was at a private birthday party for a friend in Malibu 20 years ago. Met and talked to Joe DiMaggio in a Safeway store near the golf course he was playing in the 70's.

#85 3 years ago

Forgot this one:
    Got front row tickets to The O'Jay's back in about 2000 in Dayton, OH. I think I stood out being one of the few white guys there, besides waving the old LP I was holding hoping I could get it autographed. After the encore (and no autograph) we filed out of the music center. Being the front row meant we were the last to leave. As we walked out and were walking down the hall a guy runs up and asks me if I want to meet The O'Jay's? The guy is William Shelby of Lakeside. I'm like...."sure." So we turn around and he leads us backstage, downstairs, and down a long hall with people all lined up to meet the players. Probably 50 people in line, and Shelby walks us past everyone....past the Mayor of Dayton, etc., to the front of the line. Knocks on the door, and we're invited into their dressing room. Drinks, hors d'oeuvres, fresh fruit trays....geeze, and we're chatting, photos, and autograph in my old 70's album. That was cool. I think they really appreciated I had one of their first LP's and had been a fan.

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

They knew you weren't a Back Stabber.

Yeah, I guess they remembered me from that Love Train.

#116 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Did you ask him to do the turn water into wine trick?

No, because I don't drink. But I used to do drugs, and in fact, first time I remember meeting him I was high on pot. Later I dropped some acid and ran into him again. We still keep in touch. He's a good friend to have around.

#133 3 years ago

A little off topic but....my dad knew a NY Mets baseball player and arranged to get a team autographed ball through him. Dad gave me the ball when I was a teenager. Autographs included Yogi Berra and Casey Stengel. Years later, when I had my own son, when he was about 10, one day he took that ball from the display case while I was at work and used it to play ball with his friends. Came home and all the autographs were worn off. LOL now but not then.

#151 3 years ago

This is a funny thread. About 99% of the "famous" people listed here I have never even heard of.

#203 3 years ago

The news today reminded me of the time I met Chuck Yeager. He was a guest speaker at the Rotary Club in Eureka California back in the early 90's. Man, could he tell stories and keep you on the edge of your seat! Fascinating to listen to him, then after lunch he hung around to visit and (sell and) autograph his book. He lived not far from there in the countryside, and enjoyed hunting and fishing. Cool guy. R.I.P.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JethroP.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-have-you-met-or-spotted-that-is-famous?tu=JethroP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.