Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by bluevegas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pd_eyeball_ss.jpg
    elvira_ss_sig.jpg
    ted_game_room_2009.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluevegas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

if anyone has a " garage arcade " I can see it.

here is our garage

#14 12 years ago

Thanks everyone!

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Wish you were in LA instead of CA.

Well if your ever in the area during Halloween, we throw an awesome party!

#19 12 years ago

Thanks beatmaster!

#20 12 years ago

Along with the pins in the game room, we also have 3 inside the house with WOZ on the way. Two of the pins however are not mine. One of the members in our local pinball group has somewhere around 60 games all through his house. Its always nice going to his place to play a variety of games.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

Ryan, I gotta get my ass in gear so I can show my wife the potential in our garage. All you need in that room is a toilet, and a bed to sleep on. Sweet setup man !

Thanks! Right above the garage is a guest room, that my wife and I have talked about expanding the game room into. We wanted to put in a spiral staircase from the room to the garage. More room for pins!

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Hey Bluevegas, love your phone booth. Do you have it hooked up?

Yes, it has been converted to hook up to my home line.

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

Very awesome Bluevegas!
    Those outdoor phonebooths are still very hard to find! I find once in awhile the smaller indoor ones but the outdoor it's where it's at! Does yours light up when you close the door?

Unfortunately the lights did not work so I just put some rope lighting in it. It took me a long time to find one that still had the door, and that was still in good shape. The biggest pain in the ass was removing the payphone that came with it as it had no keys. They are bolted to the booth from the inside. After breaking a few crow bars I finally got my buddy over with a torch. That did the job Once we got it open it was a bonus to find $70 in change in the bank.

#31 12 years ago

craigslist! It was in an old tow yard of all places. It needed a really good cleaning but it was exactly what I had been searching for. Even still had the phone book holder attached.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Great room, blue! I found the same phone and then the stainless steel base with the lighted top. It always surprises people when it actually rings. I also just got Scared Stiff! I know Elvira so it's signed. It was my main want right after AFM. If I had a room like yours...I'd never leave...

Awesome! I need to get to one of those shows and have her sign something. Cool phone! Yeah same here when it rings, people don't expect that it actually works lol. We have a separate line just for Brager's Pub (our name for our game room which is our last name). It only rings when we are having a party since that is the # we give out.

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, she's usually at the Chiller Theatre Convention. In New Jersey...a bit far for you, but if you make it here, come as my guest! I just got the Deluxe Eyeball Plunger...can't wait to have it installed on Thurs!

Thanks for the invite! Same goes for you. If your ever in my area let me know.

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Blue, you have mastered the art of space utilization. I can't believe the sweet ass setup you have in a relatively modest space. Made me somewhat envious.

Thanks bigdaddy!

#46 12 years ago
    Quoted from nasco62:

Thats an awsome set up you have there, the phone booth is the best I have been after one of those myself for ages, you have inspired my to look a bit harder. Great ulilisation of space.

Thanks nasco! I am very lucky that my wife is so cool that she allowed me to take over the whole garage lol. She has been very supportive of my addiction.

#51 12 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I don't have any newer pics of my house (gameroom)... but there is a video on my website http://www.pinballpainting.com of a pinball party we had here.
    Oh and have been married for 28 years...and we are both into pinball so no bachelorette/ bachelor here.

Awesome setup Phoebe! Great looking room!

2 weeks later
    #60 12 years ago
    Quoted from mccoy2797:

A few questions. How big is your garage, and can you give me some info on that bowler game you have? I'm wanting to convert my garage into a game room. Actually, I'll take any advice/tips you can give me on your conversion. Thanks! Looks awesome!

Also, since you live in CA, I'm guessing your garage isn't heated/AC'd, but if it is, any recommendations would be great. Thanks again.

Hey Mccoy,

My garage is a three car, roughly 640 sqf. I wish I had more room LOL. I don't have AC at the moment, but I will be adding a through the wall unit shortly. At the moment I have inserts in the garage door and a curtain in front of it to keep the heat out, and to give it more of a room look. I also have ceiling fans. One thing I wish I would have done is the floors. I really want to stain the concrete but at this point it would be really hard to move everything.

The Bowler is a 1988 Williams Gold Mine. Its a six-player game and has 5 different games to choose from. Players slide a puck down the alley to trigger switches that flip up the bowling pins. The pins automatically reset for each player and each frame. Seems to be a hit at party's.
    I made a quick vid of the game play. Nothing exciting, just shows it in action. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

#64 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

What is the smallest in length puck bowler? Not sure I would sacrifice a pin for the room to fit one, but everyone seems to love them. Multiplayer at gatherings is a great draw.

I'm not positive, but I think they are pretty much all he same length. Mine is roughly 8 ½ feet long (104 inches). I hear ya about not wanting to sacrifice the room. To be honest I never play it, I have it to add a little variety to the room and for gatherings. In the future I plan to add a spiral staircase from the game room to the room above for more pin space

#67 12 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Never question the lengths a thief will go. $10k Medieval Madness is well worth the effort. I've seen people drive into airports, puncture a gas tank on an suv to steal $120 of gas.

Where did that come from?! LOL

#73 12 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Who in the world has a gameroom & no home alarm?

If you can drop thousands on toys you can spend a few grand to protect your family & belongings.

When utilized correctly alarms can be damn near impossible to get around.

We have an alarm, 8 security cameras, 2 big dogs and me

#78 12 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Bluevegas- Nice setup. Good to have a variety when people come over.

Thanks Jim!

Quoted from Cobray:

I'm actually more impressed by those that have machines scattered throughout the house, it shows just how passionate someone is about this hobby IMO. Some get it, some don't.. but when you're buying pins and saying "what the hell" about putting that overflow pinball machine in your laundry room, breakfast nook, etc., because the love the hobby is so strong, now that's awesome!!

Yeah the overspill has definitely happened to us. Ran out of room in the game room so we have 4 pins in the house and 1 on the way

#79 12 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Bluevegas- Nice setup. Good to have a variety when people come over.

You coming to PAGG Jim?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluevegas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-has-the-most-pins-in-their-home-lets-see-em?tu=bluevegas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.