Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by bluevegas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pd_eyeball_ss.jpg
    elvira_ss_sig.jpg
    ted_game_room_2009.jpg
    There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

As we all know you can never have enough machines at home. I'd like to see those of you who have a larger collection and how you have used your space in your home. I have 3 and could probably fit another 7-9 in my garages but I'm scared that the 100+ degree heat in the Las Vegas summers will do damage to any new games I add. My wife gave me the go ahead to use our garage as a full out gameroom if I wanted to so maybe if anyone has a " garage arcade " I can see it.

#2 12 years ago

Pretty sure a lot of the folks who have large collections are not listing them for obvious reasons. I know of two pinsiders with pretty nice collections that refuse to list.

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Pretty sure a lot of the folks who have large collections are not listing them for obvious reasons

Paranoid ? Can you list the other obvious reasons ?

Jim

#4 12 years ago

I agree! Listing 80 plus pinball machines is a bad idea (Hi buddy from GA)!

Hell, when I was setting up the Iowa Pinball Clubs website "members list", I made sure you could join, without the use of last names posted!

I'm hoping someone with 80+ games becomes my buddy in Iowa!

-Aaron

#5 12 years ago

Ctozzi, There is also a sticky thread with tons of game room pictures. Some of those pictures should provide good starting ideas for how to design/decorate your game room.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

if anyone has a " garage arcade " I can see it.

here is our garage

#7 12 years ago

Nice pin row blue, and nice setup too!

#8 12 years ago

Wow! That is great blue!!

#9 12 years ago

My guess is the the person with the most pins in their home is a confirmed bachelor/bachelorette.

#10 12 years ago

Awesome setup Blue!

#11 12 years ago

Hey bluevegas, I'll have a Blue Moon - LOL! Very nice setup, man.

#12 12 years ago

There are some collectors with literally hundreds of pins all set up and ready to play. Wish I was friends with one of them.

#13 12 years ago

I've got some gameroom pics in my profile, and happily married for many years (somehow).

#14 12 years ago

Thanks everyone!

#15 12 years ago

Why would anyone be afraid to list their games here? That doesn't make sense. I only have 20 pins. My game room holds 18 pins, a pinball fx converted machine with pinball like controller, a hyper pin I built, 4 Xbox 360 Xbox live stations, a mame cabinet, and 4 rush racers converted to Xbox 360 so we can play four player hot pursuit. Oh, and an air hockey. I have get togethers every other Friday afternoon and if some local Portland area pinsiders wanted to come I wouldn't be too upset. What's the big deal?

As for your garage, I would not operate the games in 100 degree weather. Perhaps insulate and temp controller it first. I had to zone heat my furnace so I could keep my game room at a cool 68 degrees even when all machines are on. (My electric bill runs $450-550 a month).

#16 12 years ago

Wow bluevegas, what a great gameroom. Wish you were in LA instead of CA. Nice variety, and well organized. Thanks for sharing this w/ us.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Wish you were in LA instead of CA.

Well if your ever in the area during Halloween, we throw an awesome party!

#18 12 years ago

bluevegas you have a very nice gameroom there (should i say garageroom).
    like the colors, layout, neons, phoneboot is awesome, congrats very well done!

#19 12 years ago

Thanks beatmaster!

#20 12 years ago

Along with the pins in the game room, we also have 3 inside the house with WOZ on the way. Two of the pins however are not mine. One of the members in our local pinball group has somewhere around 60 games all through his house. Its always nice going to his place to play a variety of games.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Pretty sure a lot of the folks who have large collections are not listing them for obvious reasons. I know of two pinsiders with pretty nice collections that refuse to list.

What's the harm in listing them? Nobody is asking for an address and list of times we can expect them not to be home(wouldn't be a bad idea though).

#22 12 years ago

Ryan, I gotta get my ass in gear so I can show my wife the potential in our garage. All you need in that room is a toilet, and a bed to sleep on. Sweet setup man !

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

Ryan, I gotta get my ass in gear so I can show my wife the potential in our garage. All you need in that room is a toilet, and a bed to sleep on. Sweet setup man !

Thanks! Right above the garage is a guest room, that my wife and I have talked about expanding the game room into. We wanted to put in a spiral staircase from the room to the garage. More room for pins!

#24 12 years ago

Hey Bluevegas, love your phone booth. Do you have it hooked up?

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from bluevegas:

Thanks everyone!

Very cool Blue! I like the Raiders signs up on the walls, your alright in book. Nice pin line-up too.

#26 12 years ago

If you ever make make it out here shoot me a message so you can come by and help me design mine. I'm joking, seriously that's one ridiculous setup and my wife agreed. She said " wow I could see that as a man room for ya ".

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Hey Bluevegas, love your phone booth. Do you have it hooked up?

Yes, it has been converted to hook up to my home line.

#28 12 years ago

Very awesome Bluevegas!

Those outdoor phonebooths are still very hard to find! I find once in awhile the smaller indoor ones but the outdoor it's where it's at! Does yours light up when you close the door?

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

Very awesome Bluevegas!
    Those outdoor phonebooths are still very hard to find! I find once in awhile the smaller indoor ones but the outdoor it's where it's at! Does yours light up when you close the door?

Unfortunately the lights did not work so I just put some rope lighting in it. It took me a long time to find one that still had the door, and that was still in good shape. The biggest pain in the ass was removing the payphone that came with it as it had no keys. They are bolted to the booth from the inside. After breaking a few crow bars I finally got my buddy over with a torch. That did the job Once we got it open it was a bonus to find $70 in change in the bank.

#30 12 years ago

If you don't mind me asking, where did you obtain yours?

I've been on/off looking for an old Illinois Bell one; I swear they must have destroyed all of them!

#31 12 years ago

craigslist! It was in an old tow yard of all places. It needed a really good cleaning but it was exactly what I had been searching for. Even still had the phone book holder attached.

#32 12 years ago

Great room, blue! I found the same phone and then the stainless steel base with the lighted top. It always surprises people when it actually rings. I also just got Scared Stiff! I know Elvira so it's signed. It was my main want right after AFM. If I had a room like yours...I'd never leave...

ted_game_room_2009.jpgted_game_room_2009.jpg

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Great room, blue! I found the same phone and then the stainless steel base with the lighted top. It always surprises people when it actually rings. I also just got Scared Stiff! I know Elvira so it's signed. It was my main want right after AFM. If I had a room like yours...I'd never leave...

Awesome! I need to get to one of those shows and have her sign something. Cool phone! Yeah same here when it rings, people don't expect that it actually works lol. We have a separate line just for Brager's Pub (our name for our game room which is our last name). It only rings when we are having a party since that is the # we give out.

#34 12 years ago

Yeah, she's usually at the Chiller Theatre Convention. In New Jersey...a bit far for you, but if you make it here, come as my guest! I just got the Deluxe Eyeball Plunger...can't wait to have it installed on Thurs!

elvira_ss_sig.jpgelvira_ss_sig.jpg pd_eyeball_ss.jpgpd_eyeball_ss.jpg

#35 12 years ago

Why are people afraid to list their pins?
    Has there ever been a case of a stolen pinball collection?
    I'm probably wrong but pinball machines, to me, sound way too heavy to steal and difficult to
    sell without drawing attention to yourself.

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, she's usually at the Chiller Theatre Convention. In New Jersey...a bit far for you, but if you make it here, come as my guest! I just got the Deluxe Eyeball Plunger...can't wait to have it installed on Thurs!

Thanks for the invite! Same goes for you. If your ever in my area let me know.

#37 12 years ago

Most thieves are too lazy to steal a pinball machine! However, they would tear up hell to get a few quarters out of one!!!

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

Most thieves are too lazy to steal a pinball machine! However, they would tear up hell to get a few quarters out of one!!!

That's true, but they probably wouldn't be lurking pinball forums to scope out a possible quarter bounty.

#40 12 years ago

If I was lurking, I'd be on an art or antique car forum! Something small or drivable.

#41 12 years ago

Blue, you have mastered the art of space utilization. I can't believe the sweet ass setup you have in a relatively modest space. Made me somewhat envious.

#42 12 years ago

Seriously though, that's why I can't have my "dream" game room. I collect vintage guitars and amps, and other antiques, but there is no way I would put these out on display!

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Blue, you have mastered the art of space utilization. I can't believe the sweet ass setup you have in a relatively modest space. Made me somewhat envious.

Thanks bigdaddy!

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from bluevegas:

ctozzi said:if anyone has a " garage arcade " I can see it.
    here is our garage
    » YouTube video

Thats an awsome set up you have there, the phone booth is the best I have been after one of those myself for ages, you have inspired my to look a bit harder. Great ulilisation of space.

#45 12 years ago

Yeah, I'd like to have one for the outside patio!

#46 12 years ago
    Quoted from nasco62:

Thats an awsome set up you have there, the phone booth is the best I have been after one of those myself for ages, you have inspired my to look a bit harder. Great ulilisation of space.

Thanks nasco! I am very lucky that my wife is so cool that she allowed me to take over the whole garage lol. She has been very supportive of my addiction.

#47 12 years ago

I have 3, thought I would want a lot more
    But now that I have 3, I think I am good
    They start filling up the basement quickly

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Why would anyone be afraid to list their games here? That doesn't make sense. I only have 20 pins. My game room holds 18 pins, a pinball fx converted machine with pinball like controller, a hyper pin I built, 4 Xbox 360 Xbox live stations, a mame cabinet, and 4 rush racers converted to Xbox 360 so we can play four player hot pursuit. Oh, and an air hockey. I have get togethers every other Friday afternoon and if some local Portland area pinsiders wanted to come I wouldn't be too upset. What's the big deal?

As for your garage, I would not operate the games in 100 degree weather. Perhaps insulate and temp controller it first. I had to zone heat my furnace so I could keep my game room at a cool 68 degrees even when all machines are on. (My electric bill runs $450-550 a month).

Noticed your location is listed as unknown

Seriously tho, I'm in Corvallis and would love to take you up on the offer next time I'm up that way

#49 12 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

As we all know you can never have enough machines at home. I'd like to see those of you who have a larger collection and how you have used your space in your home. I have 3 and could probably fit another 7-9 in my garages but I'm scared that the 100+ degree heat in the Las Vegas summers will do damage to any new games I add. My wife gave me the go ahead to use our garage as a full out gameroom if I wanted to so maybe if anyone has a " garage arcade " I can see it.

I don't have any newer pics of my house (gameroom)... but there is a video on my website www.pinballpainting.com of a pinball party we had here.
    Oh and have been married for 28 years...and we are both into pinball so no bachelorette/ bachelor here.

Phoebe

#50 12 years ago

Thanks for sharing, sweet setup !

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-has-the-most-pins-in-their-home-lets-see-em and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.