(Topic ID: 34238)

Who has the best price on Cliffy scoop protector for BDK? Thanks a lot!

By flipperfingers

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Cliffy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I recently purchased a beautiful HUO Batman Dark Knight. The crane scoop seems highly susceptible to damage. Mine currently looks like new and I really want to keep it that way. The Cliffy website sells it for $25.00 + shipping. Man, that seems high. Does anyone know of a cheaper option or a place that simply sells them cheaper? I really appreciate it.

Also, are these difficult to install. Do you pretty much just wedge it in the whole or does it get secured in some other fashion? Thanks so much, guys.

#2 11 years ago

That's what you pay for quality, pretty sure thats as low as they go. Its worth it.

#3 11 years ago

What about installation? Do I actually have to put a hole in the playfield?

#4 11 years ago

Installation isn't too bad. You have to take the ball guide off to get to a couple screws and take off the VUK under the playfield, if I remember correctly. You don't have to put any holes in the playfield, the screw holes line up with the existing screws. There are instructions on Cliffy's website for installation, I think. Took about 15 minutes.

As for the price, that's just how much they cost.

#5 11 years ago

$25 = cheap insurance
Cliffys protectors are a bargin!

#6 11 years ago

Installation is pretty easy. I just installed mine a couple of weeks ago. Here's a link to installation instructions.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/btdk.htm

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from dug:

$25 = cheap insurance
Cliffys protectors are a bargin!

I agree, completely.

I guess he could still email Cliffy and ask for a small discount or at least see if he could get it shipped free. Cliffy sometimes ships it free even without being asked to anyways, especially if it's one of those days that he's not entirely focused. BTW, USD 25.00 at today's exhange rate is approx 78.00 Polish Zloties (with which you could purchase half a ring of pork sausage, but not the cabbage and potatoes), looking at it strictly from a Polack's perspective.

#8 11 years ago

My experience has been nobody really discounts Cliffy products. He's pretty consistent with his resale/retail pricing. When you don't really have any competition, that's how it goes. But for something that will probably outlast the game, it seems like a reasonable deal.

#9 11 years ago

It's all relative. You just spent $4K plus for the pin, yet $25 to protect a vulnerable area of the playfield is too high? That is roughly .005% the cost of your pin! As said previously, seems an awfully good investment for an HUO pin.

#10 11 years ago

Holy cheapass Batman! Cliffy does not charge for shipping.

#11 11 years ago

Thanks guys. I'm not cheap. I was just checking. Also, when you go to Cliffy's own website, how do you order? The order button is a link to an e-mail address through Outlook.

#12 11 years ago

Thats how.

#13 11 years ago

Cliff also responds quickly, is extremely helpful and ships out fast as lightning. He rocks. Buy with confidence. Get some colored post sleeves with it. They are much better than black.

#15 11 years ago

Cliffy's stuff is absolute top notch, and WELL worth the price.

It is 25 bucks shipped, spend the dough!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

BTW, USD 25.00 at today's exhange rate is approx 78.00 Polish Zloties (with which you could purchase half a ring of pork sausage, but not the cabbage and potatoes), looking at it strictly from a Polack's perspective.

Ok, that cracked me up Nice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-has-the-best-price-on-cliffy-scoop-protector-for-bdk-thanks-a-lot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.