(Topic ID: 324674)

Who has taken a lower paying job for less stress?

By FatPanda

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Methos
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lake view (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider high_end_pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 1 year ago

I left a job making six figures almost twenty years ago to focus on HEP full time. Six figure incomes were extremely uncommon and were absolute dream jobs in my profession at that time.
    The first years were exciting as I could justify the struggles and lean times in that I was trying to build something from the ground up.
    The middle years were probably a little bit more of a cruise control.
    Now at 50 having dedicated everything to it the last twenty years I realize it wasn’t the windfall I had envisioned in the beginning. I honestly was making more money twenty years ago without the headaches and all the “red tape “ that comes with running a business. This one in particular.
    The one thing I have enjoyed that I could have never achieved without it though is my true freedom and independence. I saw my boys off to school every morning,I ate three meals a day with my wife,if I felt like a nap I took one. If I wanted to drink a beer at 3PM on a Wednesday I did it. If I wanted to work at 7PM on a Sunday night I did that too. There were no rules only tasks that needed to be completed. Taking the forced structure out of a job was what I needed.
    I don’t think there is ever a completely stress free job but if you are happy or at the very least satisfied then that is sustainable regardless of income.
    If every move you make or don’t is in the name of money then you are falling into a trap that will really limit your happiness.
    So many people are all about the long game but the only thing you can truly count on is here and now .Find the best way you can to enjoy it!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider high_end_pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-has-taken-a-lower-paying-job-for-less-stress?tu=high_end_pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.