(Topic ID: 118890)

Who has raided their radio shack close out sales.

By Fortytwo

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 190 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    pinball parts cabinets 002.JPG
    20150318_132408.jpg
    image-903.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_7429.JPG
    1425430865379.jpg
    image.jpg
    331 new.jpg
    rs_drawers.jpg
    IMG_5720.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnwartjr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

How much does your RS want for the drawers?

I haven't hit any of mine yet.

Even at 75% off, RS fuses are pretty pricey.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Where are you getting 4 packs of fuses for less than 70 cents?

Perhaps I miscalculated

A typical SB fuse is about 35 cents a fuse when you buy 10 at a time from GPE.

A 4 pack from RS is normally $2.50, or 62.5 cents per fuse.

At 50% off, it's comparable to GPE. If it's the same price as GPE, I'd buy from GPE.

At 75% off, I'd purchase the values I'd use.

Having said that, I tend to buy 100 packs of the values I use the most in board repairs, as I can often get fuses below the GPE price in 100 packs. Obviously, that's not a viable situation for most individuals, as they don't need 100 5A SB fuses at a time

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have been using Mouser for a long time. Most of their fuses are under $.027 when bought in QTY10. They get much cheaper than that if you buy in QTY100.

Can you provide an example and a link? I've never had that luck with Mouser.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

5 for .75 cents at All Electronics
    http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/fs-1/1a-3ag-fuse/1.html
    Of course you have to order $75 worth of crap for free shipping, so RS has them beat if you only need fuses.

5A Slow Blow - 1.75 for a 5 pack.

An OK price, but not a great price.

1 week later
    #93 9 years ago

I did!

I'll hit another couple up at the end of March when the rest of the Indianapolis area locations close.. I need 3-5 more for a project.

IMG_5720.JPGIMG_5720.JPG IMG_5721.JPGIMG_5721.JPG
    #99 9 years ago

23 5/8" w X 16 7/16" d X 25 1/4" h

I got 5, and intend to get 5 more the next round of closings.

They are built better than a Snap On tool chest, ball bearing slides and VERY heavy. The top and bottom are held together with 1-4 Phillips head screws and wing nuts. You'll have to pull the top drawer liner out on the bottom section, and the bottom drawer liner out on the top section to separate them. With a small flat blade screwdriver, you can even remove the drawer from the rails if you need to.

Another tip - take something to secure the drawers shut while you move them. Stretch wrap, twine, a strap, something. I tipped one up to slide the dolly under the back edge, and the drawers came open and nailed me in the ankle. It hurt. Bad.

And, I didn't learn my lesson, I did it a second time!

Take a helper if you can, the RS employees can't help. Stacked 2 high, these are a bit cumbersome to move.

Right now, I'm debating how to use them in my shop. I'm considering building a small frame beneath them, out of 2x4 or 2x6, just to lift them up a bit, and then run a row of them down a wall and put a work bench on top of them. I could also put some outlets in the frame, and then I'd have a handy place to plug in my tumblers so I'm not running extension cords around the workshop. I'm running low on bench space, so this method makes sense to me. I've also got a LOT of pinball parts and electronic components, hence the need for the drawers.

I'm still brainstorming, I can't start on this project for awhile.

#102 9 years ago

Menards also has counter top, which I'm considering as it cleans up easily.

#115 9 years ago

Stores that are still open are asking 175 for 7 drawers.

On the last day , or last days, they get aggressive on pricing.

#132 9 years ago

Got 4 more drawer sets today. I have enough to build what I want now. If I get any more dirt cheap, I'll take them, but I'm set now

#134 9 years ago

I gave 100 per 7 drawers. Wanted to pay 75, but I'm tired of driving back and forth checking prices

2 weeks later
    #167 9 years ago

I picked up my last 4 sets of drawers yesterday.

3 months later
    #177 8 years ago

My 8 year old helped me build my first project out of parts drawers today.

I'll build another one of these at least. I think my Sys 9/11 fixture will fit nicely on one. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnwartjr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-has-raided-their-radio-shack-close-out-sales?tu=johnwartjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.