(Topic ID: 118890)

Who has raided their radio shack close out sales.

By Fortytwo

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 190 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    pinball parts cabinets 002.JPG
    20150318_132408.jpg
    image-903.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_7429.JPG
    1425430865379.jpg
    image.jpg
    331 new.jpg
    rs_drawers.jpg
    IMG_5720.JPG

There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 5 years ago

Everyone that has any radio shack stores left in there area that are closing end of March you might want to start checking them out. There back ready to deal and take offers. I picked up 8 parts drawers Monday from a store for 400. Which is 50 bucks a set. Wholesaler offered them to me for 600 i said you got a cash buyer for 400 paid for now and I load them up now. He said sold. He also said employees are saying the stores are closing March 31 at. Which is a Tuesday he said there closing earlier than that more like next Thursday March 26 th. Because the stores have to be empty by the end of the month as there not paying rent for April. He gave me his cell phone number and said keep in touch as stuff is getting ready to get real cheap next week. The store I picked up the drawers at has one employee left running it 6 days a week from 11 am to 9 pm. All other employees quit and went to other jobs.

image.jpg image-903.jpg
    #152 5 years ago

I really want some of those huge long power strips they have (the sockets are about three inches apart) but they were still asking 20 bucks each as of last checking.

#153 5 years ago

I just launched a raid on the Reston Pkwy Radioshack in Reston VA. All components and fuses 80% off and the drawers were still fully stocked. I now have every flippin (PUN INTENDED) fuse that I think I will ever need and for $30 I will never have to buy any fuse again!!!!!!!
    20150318_132408.jpg

#154 5 years ago

Fortytwo, I'll be wanting some of those

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinwhoo:

Fortytwo, I'll be wanting some of those

Yup, your in. Possibly on my test run. I just need to get my butt in gear and get some final drawings made.
    Fortytwo

#156 5 years ago

Sounds great. Lmk

#157 5 years ago

I picked up my 8 parts cabs tonight. Everything was 80 percent off. I cleaned house for the third trip.

#158 5 years ago

All of you are bastards... for getting these good deals...

every radio shack near me was gone so quickly

#159 5 years ago

I killed our radio shack also fuses , buttons , switch and a mini gas soldering iron that don't work worth a shit

#160 5 years ago

I've gotten a bunch of fuses, and bought 2 of the cabinets for 75/ea. Probably could have gotten a little cheaper, but oh well. Just waiting for the bag sale to really load up. One good thing is my local RS has been getting stuff left over from other stores...

#161 5 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

All of you are bastards... for getting these good deals...
    every radio shack near me was gone so quickly

I got no good deals. The stores around me are not closing.

#162 5 years ago

Finally got some stuff cheap, actually could have waited on some purchases but really the only thing left is useless stuff and the little parts baggies. Got bunches of fuses, relays, etc, for 25-35 cents a bag. Make component 1 kit for $10 (breadboard, PS, some other stuff - already got one for $20). Good stuff for kids. Wish they still had Component Kit 2s left but those were gone. Just glad to have found bunches of 5 and 1 1/2 amp slo-blo fuses, would buy more if they had them.

#163 5 years ago

Radio Shack parts drawers mounted in a Metro Rack on wheels. Mounted to each shelf underneath with bolts. Sturdy and mobile, including the beer fridge

pinball parts cabinets 002.JPG
    #164 5 years ago

Went to two stores yesterday and revisited one today. Stuck mostly to the 95% off stuff. Two day total of $1840 normal price for $145 (406 items) + tax. My receipt today was 15'-10" long! Both stores sold their eight bins at $75 each, too rich for me (and already sold). May make a last day trip and see what's up...

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from Uncle_Nudge:

Went to two stores yesterday and revisited one today. Stuck mostly to the 95% off stuff. Two day total of $1840 normal price for $145 (406 items) + tax. My receipt today was 15'-10" long! Both stores sold their eight bins at $75 each, too rich for me (and already sold). May make a last day trip and see what's up...

Did not know Sultan, WA existed..... haha

#166 5 years ago

That's the way we like it

#167 5 years ago

I picked up my last 4 sets of drawers yesterday.

#168 5 years ago

Picked up my cabinets today, and anyone who said they are heavy, THAT is an understatement!!!
    They were supposed to start the bag sale tomorrow, i called this morning to verify and was told that they started it on the components yesterday, and someone came in and took 99% of what they had. They had 5 decent size boxes of stuff. Lucky Bastard...Hopefully they enjoy it.. Oh well, day late and a dollar short...

#169 5 years ago

The last of my 4 local Radio Shacks (the other 3 are now gone) now has signs up saying "Last two days" and "90% off everything".

#170 5 years ago

Went to the last two radio shacks near me yesterday. They sold me anything I wanted left in the store for the 20 dollar bag sales. Except they didn't care or use bags we loaded up cardboard boxes of all parts drawer stuff and anything else still on the shelves. Great thing is they said anything you want for the charge of 20 dollar a bag price. And they were only going to charge for two 20 dollar bags each store.So between the two stores ended with over 16000 in original prices for 80 bucks plus tax. Bought a shelving unit as well for 25 bucks. So I ended up getting over 16000 dollars worth of product and a shelf for 123 bucks total. Below is just a picture of the first two bags we started with then moved onto large boxes. The receipt ran the printer out of paper then froze the computer. So they closed the store early by 2 hours as they could not ring up any of the cell phone stuff left. There are still deals out there. Now it will take me a year to sort all the stuff out and start putting some of it back in the parts drawers.

image.jpg
    #171 5 years ago

DUDE!! Now THAT is hardcore pickin'.

image.jpg
    #172 5 years ago

WOW, i called the other semi local RS on Thursday morning to see if they had any components left and was told that 1 guy came in and bought them all.
    I just hope it was one of us, or a Teacher and not someone buying all just to sell on ebay or something as such..

1 month later
    #173 5 years ago

I really hope this doesn't violate any of the rules here on pinside but I'm looking for anyone who bought the Radioshack Parts bins who isn't going to be using the labels at all (the drawer labels and perhaps the labels inside the drawers). I was hoping I could purchase the labels off someone if they weren't going to be using them. Does anyone have them that wants to get rid of them? Thanks!

1 week later
    #174 5 years ago

I actually bought 4 of the drawers with one roller base, and I have decided that I have no use for them.

#175 5 years ago

My rat shack just closed. I bought every fuse in the building along with a boat load of other parts.

#176 5 years ago

I also have a roller base that I've decided I'm not going to use. If anyone wants to trade me labels for my roller base, I'll be more than happy to trade.
    I can send pictures if you want to see it. It's in pretty decent shape.

3 weeks later
    #177 5 years ago

My 8 year old helped me build my first project out of parts drawers today.

I'll build another one of these at least. I think my Sys 9/11 fixture will fit nicely on one. image.jpgimage.jpg

#178 5 years ago

Aw, she's a cutie! My daughter and I have been restoring pins together for a couple of years now. She does a good job on the artwork, while I do the grunt work.(and pay for everything) It is worth every penny and second spent.

#179 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spork_Schivago:

I also have a roller base that I've decided I'm not going to use. If anyone wants to trade me labels for my roller base, I'll be more than happy to trade.

Sent you a PM

1 month later
    #180 5 years ago

Hello,
    I am in progress in making pinball specific labels. These will look like the rat shack ones. I have found a local shop to print. Summer got in the way and I hope to pick the project back up. I'll keep you posted. My only issue is the will be a bit shorter then the drawers. Not cost effective to print full width.
    Ed

3 years later
    #181 1 year ago

Hi, TRS80 here... late to the party...
    Raided a bunch of Radio Shacks when they were closing with mixed results, some good, some meh. One of my two bag hauls at a store with lax rules on what a full bag meant had a register tape that was over 33 feet long. My son Pinball Jr. knows the guy who went into a 'Shack with his friend, when some R/S higher up said to "get the store cleared out" and made them an offer.. take the contents of the parts drawers NOW for a ridiculously low price. They rang up a single SKU which was the remaining drawer inventory and it was over $25K. Someone had left their cell with instructions to call if they were doing a final sale of whatever was left. He didn't answer his phone a couple times and missed out big time.

I didn't score any parts drawers, either they were spoken for, or they were too expensive.

Now, several years later, I often lament the passing of our local Shack. Like many other kids growing up in the 70's and 80's I spent a lot of time in them, playing with the TRS-80 (and even helping to sell a few when the store people weren't knowledgable about the machine), building things and reading Forrest Mim's books, and running in to grab a part to finish a project on countless occasions.

#182 1 year ago

like toys r us, the radio shacks of the 80s and 90s will be missed. part of the problem (with both chains) is that they didn't adapt very well to the changing times and didn't have a very knowledgeable staff. I think the writing was on the wall when they became a cell phone provider first and foremost and couldn't answer even the most basic of questions

I have the feeling that we're currently in that state of influx where a lot of the mom and pop (sized) brick and mortar stores are going to get gobbled up by amazon and the online ilk, but we may see a resurgence sometime soon when someone realizes that knowledge and customer service goes a long way

I've got no problem paying a bit more when I can go into a shop and get exactly what I need and my questions are answered

#183 1 year ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

like toys r us, the radio shacks of the 80s and 90s will be missed. part of the problem (with both chains) is that they didn't adapt very well to the changing times and didn't have a very knowledgeable staff. I think the writing was on the wall when they became a cell phone provider first and foremost and couldn't answer even the most basic of questions
    I have the feeling that we're currently in that state of influx where a lot of the mom and pop (sized) brick and mortar stores are going to get gobbled up by amazon and the online ilk, but we may see a resurgence sometime soon when someone realizes that knowledge and customer service goes a long way
    I've got no problem paying a bit more when I can go into a shop and get exactly what I need and my questions are answered

I find the same thing with auto parts stores. I remember being able to go in and tell them I want to put this in that, and they could determine a part. I tried to get a brake line adapter a while back, and they didn't have a clue. it wasn't in their little computer...

#184 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Hello,
    I am in progress in making pinball specific labels. These will look like the rat shack ones. I have found a local shop to print. Summer got in the way and I hope to pick the project back up. I'll keep you posted. My only issue is the will be a bit shorter then the drawers. Not cost effective to print full width.
    Ed

How did this turn out? Any pictures of the new labels?

#185 1 year ago

It looks like Fry's Electronics is closing stores now too.

#186 1 year ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

REALLY?! Linky? Yikes... if true; I'm sad.

#187 1 year ago

Reminder. Hobby Town stores whose website has the R/S emblem have a Radio Shack department, looks like a good parts section. Check their website or call, not all stores have this.

LTG : )

#188 1 year ago

Not Hobby Lobby. The Radio Shacks are inside Hobby TOWN stores.

#189 1 year ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

I too heard that from someone recently. The shelves in the Renton location are getting pretty bare, with some sections completely blank.

#190 1 year ago

I saw a you tube video taken last month at the Renton location and there were tons of empty shelves. Doesn't look good for Fry's to last much longer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 29.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 7,700.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    $ 12.50
    Various Novelties
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Judge Dredd plastic Out of stock
    Pinball Haus
    $ 5,999.00
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    $ 109.99
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 37.50
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 88.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 9.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 109.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Starcade Amusement
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 103.00
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside