11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dorothy-satan.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 11 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I just got back from Joystix, and had enough time to put in about 10 games on that same WOZ. It is a beautiful looking game, and the build quality is obvious. The biggest dissapoinment for me was the flipper power. Maybe it's just that specific machine, but they did feel underpowered. I had a hard time hitting the right ramp, and orbit shots barely made it around. In the ten or so games I played, I never once got into the spinning house. The upper left playfield was fun - and I did think the flying monkey was neat. The outlanes - especailly the left one - are brutal (set wide open).
As for the LCD - which is perhaps the biggest 'inovation' of this game - I'm beginning to think it's more for the spectators than the player. Maybe after you're more familiar with the game you'll have more opportunity to look up there. The crystal ball was neat, but again, not much opportunity to see it except between balls.
Again, probably specific to this game - but the plunger barely had enough power to put the ball into the playfield (easy fix, of course).
The code is obviously not finished - probably not even halfway there. I suspect once it's more mature, you will get more benefit from things like the LCD, crystal ball and LED lights.
In the end, I wasn't as blown away as I'd hoped. Perhaps I was a bit jaded, because I was there to pay for AC/DC premium. .

This was my experience pretty much exactly when I played it two weeks ago in Hershey. I know so many people have talked about it already, but man, WTF is up with the flippers already. It's pretty much the easiest fix on the machine and there are so many people that notice there is a problem there with them being underpowered.

It's a new machine - LCD problems, toy problems, speed problems, flow problems, design problems ... to be expected. But flipper power seemingly being the #1 most talked about and experienced issue that is noticeable even by non-pinball folk? It doesn't make any sense at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-has-played-woz-and-liked-it?tu=Eryeal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.