8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2015-11-29_at_9.28.18_PM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Why the heck does everything have to be flow flow flow ?lol My goodness ...... is every pin need to play the same and just have different theme and rules .?

Wow. Speaking of flow, sounds like it's your week.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Why does the right ramp dump into the min PF? I don't see how this can not kill the flow.

Jesus, Gabe. You've played a pro, right? So just come to my house Christmas week or whatever if you're on your way to JJP to help them spell your name for the Hobbit credits, and I'll let you play the LE. I'll even provide the beer.

Pintastic New England, everybody! Best show in Massachusetts. Or, like, New England. Whatever.

#26 8 years ago

Everybody keeps talking about the flow on the pro. Of course there's flow. There's nothing to stop the ball.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You are clearly an expert on Stern.
Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 9.28.18 PM.png

I didn't realize anybody actually copped to owning a Shaq Attack.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

I have kiss pro im soooo sorry i havent updated my list, so i guess according to you, since i own one i MUST be an expert. And Shaq Attaq btw is for the kids they love shooting the hoop. So relax its pinball eveyone needs to quit being so butthurt!

You're right. I'm butthurt I don't have a Shaq Attack.

(Sounds like you are, too.)

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Pro is always the way to go wish we could go back to just one model too

...is what people who don't want to pay extra for the real game keep telling themselves.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Whats wrong with buying an older game and fixing it up with my boy? Whats wrong with you man, not every wants 8k dolar pinballs. Pro versions -GOT is the way to go, ive got room for 4 more all in one room, so...i can spend 10k less and have all the same games as others they just wont be as pretty. Cant believe there is so much hate on the shaq.

Fixing a game up with your son is wonderful...I never said it wasn't so don't put words in my mouth. Shaq is NOT a wonderful game, that's all. And it's not about money. You could have fixed up a high speed or something and had a much better game for the money.

And I stand by my statement about pros not being as good as premiums. Why anybody would want to play a game without all its features, and not the way the designer intended, is beyond me. To each his own.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Wow, somebody just joined my very short list of ignored users....

Me?

#51 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

No, not you. Mister LE/Premium hater....

Oh. Phew! Because I actually like you!

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Pro is always the way to go wish we could go back to just one model too

Quoted from beelzeboob:

...is what people who don't want to pay extra for the real game keep telling themselves.

Two wrongs don't make a right, and these were both stupid statements, so let me clarify. While musketd (a great guy, by all accounts) is entitled to his opinion (which is what this was), it was also a blanket statement...which are almost always wrong.

Case in point: If somebody offered you an ACDC pro or premium for the same price or free, which one are you taking? I think most people would take the premium, and I think you could play the same game with MET. (And I'm not factoring in profiteering in the decision-making...let's assume people are keeping it.)

Those are just two examples where I think the Prem/LE outshines the Pro. As for GOT, we'll have to see once the LEs are in peoples' homes.

So, my apologies to musketd and others for the snarky comment, but that's where I was coming from.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Didn't the designer design the Pro? Doesn't make sense. Maybe the Pro is the way he designed it but had to add on the extra stuff because that's his job. You're just assuming the Premium is the "real" game and he had to strip features because that's his job. I think it depends on the game and it's probably a combination of the two. Some stuff is added just to add stuff, and can suck, but some things can make it better. Often times you read opinions of why people like the Pro better, so it must be true that some of the extra stuff detracts from the fun.

That's what Steve Ritchie said, actually. He starts with his full design, then strips it down for the pro to meet the BOM number.

I assume nothing.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Fair enough. Still, just saying that "full featured" != "maximum fun." I like the flow of GoT Pro (and yes I like flow) but haven't played the LE. So here an extra feature may not make for a better game. In general I don't like mini pf's because I'd rather be playing the full pf with long shots, so it's really just a personal preference. I also much prefer a ramp diverter to get to a mini pf (like in IJ) rather than a VUK (WOZ castle) or a blocked ramp. One is flow, the other is stop-and-go clunky.

What I see with GOT Prem/LE is the best of both worlds. The Pro is a flow game. That's wonderful if that's what you're into. You lose nothing on the right side with the Premium. The left is more stop & go, so you have a great combination of both. And you used the two games I have in a special room--because they're my favorite--to make your point, you crafty bastard.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I really need to lower my expectations when I read through this forum. Here I was looking through the thread titles and saw this one and though "now that sounds like it would be interesting" and instead of useful information all I found was a dick measuring contest about who can and can't afford an LE/premium game and who is and isn't entitled to an opinion based on the contents of their collection. Sigh....
I did pop for the "flow-ho" comment though which was the only entertainment I found in two pages of this topic.

What are you so angry about? I checked your collection. You can afford to be in this thread. Welcome!

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I really need to lower my expectations when I read through this forum.

And really, let's be honest...when you see my name in a thread, your expectations can't get much lower.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

You don't own a game earlier than TZ, can you not have an opinion on games older than that?
Also does anyone know if there is a place to play pinball outside of my own garage?

Yes. My house. And you're always welcome!

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I only play pros.

Well f**k off, then.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is it really stop and go, though? I see that term thrown around whenever a game isn't just ramp-ramp-loop-ramp-loop-loop-ramp. When the ball gets up to the mini-playfield, you keep playing - just on the mini playfield...so, it's not flowing back to the flipper - but you certainly aren't stopping your pinballing.

Well, by most people's definition. There's the orbit shot under the mini pf, and by all accounts, the ball shoots up to the mini pf and returns pretty quickly to the flippers if you don't do anything with it. Everybody here is calling it stop and go. My point is that the left side might be more stop and go than just putting another ramp there. I like variety in my games, not just two ramp shots, a kickback, and a bash toy.

2 weeks later
#139 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Got ya but then again the le does not have the flowing right ramp

It has the flowing lock ramp. How many flowing ramps do you need? (Plus the ball moves pretty swiftly through the castle playfield if you decide not to play it.)

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

It's all good both are great games just can't afford a premium le

I need to start buying more stuff from Cointaker...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-has-played-both-got-pro-and-got-le?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.