8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2015-11-29_at_9.28.18_PM.png
There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Why are people getting the LE and Premium? Seems to me like the mini PF stops the flow of the game. Every shot up the RT ramp has to go through that mini PF. Also the mini PF seems to block the whole left side view of the machine. I hate that I lose sight of the ball going up the left ramp. What is that throne thing on the top right do anyway. Im trying to justify the extra cash. Thoughts?

#2 8 years ago

The extra cash isnt justified at all. I played both at florida freeplay, the pro is a good game, the premium however is better, more things todo, and some skill involed in keeping trackof the ball and whatnot. The amount of physical parts difference is probly a 100bucks to stern if that, its just the fact that the pro is "incomplete" to most people so they want the premium. And shame on stern for charging so much more for a little mini playfield. 8k for a pinball is nuts as it is.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

he amount of physical parts difference is probly a 100bucks to stern if that

There's a huge difference in parts between Pro and LE on this title, unlike others such Metallica

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

There's a huge difference in parts between Pro and LE on this title, unlike others such Metallica

he premium however is better, more things todo

This time it will really boil down to what you like. Being a Ritchie game I went to expo expecting I had to go prem/Le . But after seeing both I went Pro. For me its because even on ACDC I dont like and use the mini playfield. But that game had the bell and train too. On GOT that upper playfield was really the factor and for me that is a no. But be clear for many it will be the opposite because the may like those parts to a game.
Play or at least watch some videos as they come out and go with which game fits your style best. I dont think there is a wrong choice this time and even then either will sell easily if you change your mind.

#5 8 years ago

As stated in earlier post...

Just got back from IAAPA show in FL and I put about 15 games each on both GOT LE and Pro versions. My early few takes are the game is fast, especially shot at dragon coming back at you, sometimes jumps over your flippers!! Game seemed rather easy since I am a novice player and on my 4th game I got over 350,000,000. May just be the setup or that score may not be considered high at all for this game

As for the LE, light show wonderful, dots look pretty good, sound okay, but the upper playfield has me a little baffled. You shoot for the three targets and if you miss the ball goes down to lower playfield....Seems like there should be something else to it...I was a little disappointed in the mini playfield.

Early opinion, I might lean more towards the Pro if I were to purchase one, however, at this time, It was a decent game, but it didn't knock my socks off, so I might wait til Stern's next release or see if newer code might help the title.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Let see a stern invoice! Lol. Off their factory shelves you're looking at a vuk wireform some posts a small board for the pf three targets or four targets i forget, and what 3 coils, a couple switches? How much could that really cost for a manufacture? Of course development time factored in its worth MAYBE another 1k but raw material hell no, ill give you another $100 so lets say $200. Strictly talking playfield here nothing else. I think this is a slippery slope dude they are trying to make people feel like cheapoes buying the pro version to get more people to spring for the 8k versions, this was done with vehicles years ago and will make the average price climb. I wont be suprised to see this style of release continue.

#7 8 years ago

The premium is about $1700 more than a pro, not $8000. It doesn't matter what stern pays for things. It's no ones business. They're not obligated to sell you parts at cost so get over it. If you don't think an le is worth $8k then don't buy. If you don't think a premium is worth $6500 then don't buy.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The premium is about $1700 more than a pro, not $8000. It doesn't matter what stern pays for things. It's no ones business. They're not obligated to sell you parts at cost so get over it. If you don't think an le is worth $8k then don't buy. If you don't think a premium is worth $6500 then don't buy.

If anybody needs to get over something its you needing to get over an opinion.

#9 8 years ago

Stern makes 3 models. They are all fun, pick the one that meets your finances. It's just a hobby!

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Stern makes 3 models. They are all fun, pick the one that meets your finances. It's just a hobby!

Agreed. pro version for me!

#11 8 years ago

It seems like maybe it's too early to tell how much the two versions will be differentiated - I'm just thinking about TWD and the late addition of walker bombs to the mix. That Upper PF could really be transformed as the code matures, or it could end up kind of a dud. Hard to know at this point! If you're not short on cash, you can probably count on the premium maintaining most of that extra value over time, so it doesn't seem like a huge risk either way.

#12 8 years ago

I think the pro is absolutely fine for gameplay, you simply can't go wrong with it. Mini playfields can be so hit or miss in a game. The mini playfield in ACDC never got any creative rules (yet) so it's pretty ho-hum as it stands.

Rob

#13 8 years ago

If anybody needs to get over something its you needing to get over an opinion.

I didn't see an opinion from you. I saw a rant on what stern paid for various parts - which is completely irrelevant. I mean I wish stern paid zero for its bom. That would mean even better business for them. Just cause something costs a company one price doesn't mean a buyer is entitled for a discount or a max percent mark up. The price is based on the overall end package. You either like it or don't then buy or not.

#14 8 years ago

oh do i have to spell it out markmon? Premium and le features do not warrent the extra price in my opinion as its pretty much stated in my first post, that goes for all the sterns. It was a rant in a way yeah but an answer to the OP's question in a round about way.

#15 8 years ago

Why does the right ramp dump into the min PF? I don't see how this can not kill the flow.

#16 8 years ago

Why the heck does everything have to be flow flow flow ?lol My goodness ...... is every pin need to play the same and just have different theme and rules .?

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Why does the right ramp dump into the min PF? I don't see how this can not kill the flow.

When i played it, after a while i found myself just letting the ball "flow" through the mini pf. It drains through there pretty quick. Go for the pro bro.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Why the heck does everything have to be flow flow flow ?lol My goodness ...... is every pin need to play the same and just have different theme and rules .?

Wow. Speaking of flow, sounds like it's your week.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Jesus, Gabe. You've played a pro, right? So just come to my house Christmas week or whatever if you're on your way to JJP to help them spell your name for the Hobbit credits, and I'll let you play the LE. I'll even provide the beer.

Pintastic New England, everybody! Best show in Massachusetts. Or, like, New England. Whatever.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I've only played the pro, but I've watched hours of LE video, and I'm in for a Pre (for full disclosure)

In the pro game the right ramp is REALLY big. The ball travels all the way to the back corner of the cabinet before it turns toward the flipper. In the LE/Pre the ramp is shorter and turns quickly down the mini Playfield toward the wire form. The "moon door" between the upper flippers catches the ball well and returns it to the flipper efficiently. If you don't flip and stop the ball from draining the mini Playfield time is real short.

I BET, that if you took a stopwatch and timed the shot off the flipper, up the ramp and back down to the flipper on both games it would be very similar. The ramp on the pro is larger than needed to be in order to make the flow of both games the same.

*** can some one test this out? I'd really like to see the results.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I've only played the pro, but I've watched hours of LE video, and I'm in for a Pre (for full disclosure)
In the pro game the right ramp is REALLY big. The ball travels all the way to the back corner of the cabinet before it turns toward the flipper. In the LE/Pre the ramp is shorter and turns quickly down the mini Playfield toward the wire form. The "moon door" between the upper flippers catches the ball well and returns it to the flipper efficiently. If you don't flip and stop the ball from draining the mini Playfield time is real short.
I BET, that if you took a stopwatch and timed the shot off the flipper, up the ramp and back down to the flipper on both games it would be very similar. The ramp on the pro is larger than needed to be in order to make the flow of both games the same.

So are they going to kill the mini PF flippers at times?

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

So are they going to kill the mini PF flippers at times?

No he was saying to just not flip when you shoot up to the upper playfield if you want a fast return to the left flipper. I don't car at all how fast a right ramp shot on the pro or prem gets back to the left flipper, I only care about the game being fun. The Pro is very fun. I'm sure the prem will be as well.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I think you are over analyzing it at this point.

Rob

#24 8 years ago

What does the ball lock thing do behind the mini PF?

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

There's more to pinball than non-stop flow. Don't be a Flow-Ho! Judge the game on its own merits and if its features and gameplay are fun.

#26 8 years ago

Everybody keeps talking about the flow on the pro. Of course there's flow. There's nothing to stop the ball.

#27 8 years ago

oh do i have to spell it out markmon? Premium and le features do not warrent the extra price in my opinion as its pretty much stated in my first post, that goes for all the sterns. It was a rant in a way yeah but an answer to the OP's question in a round about way.

You are clearly an expert on Stern.

Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 9.28.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-29 at 9.28.18 PM.png

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 9.28.18 PM.png

I didn't realize anybody actually copped to owning a Shaq Attack.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I guess they're right when they say:
Everyone's a critic

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Lol

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Jesus, Gabe. You've played a pro, right? So just come to my house Christmas week or whatever if you're on your way to JJP to help them spell your name for the Hobbit credits, and I'll let you play the LE. I'll even provide the beer.
Pintastic New England, everybody! Best show in Massachusetts. Or, like, New England. Whatever.

I'll bring the chips!

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Everybody keeps talking about the flow on the pro. Of course there's flow. There's nothing to stop the ball.

If I really wanted to see some FLOW I'd go out in the street and roll some pinballs down the hill outside of my house.

#33 8 years ago

Pro is always the way to go wish we could go back to just one model too

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Sure the pro is a great option if you dont wanna spend the extra cash but its not always the best Imo. Some of the premiums features are pretty awesome .. I really wish we cld just have one full featured pin for between 5-6 k . Options are great but in a pins case I really wish there was only 1 standard playfield.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I have kiss pro im soooo sorry i havent updated my list, so i guess according to you, since i own one i MUST be an expert. And shaq attaq btw is for the kids they love shooting the hoop. So relax its pinball eveyone needs to quit being so butthurt!

#36 8 years ago

I have kiss pro im soooo sorry i havent updated my list, so i guess according to you, since i own one i MUST be an expert. And Shaq Attaq btw is for the kids they love shooting the hoop. So relax its pinball eveyone needs to quit being so butthurt!

You're right. I'm butthurt I don't have a Shaq Attack.

(Sounds like you are, too.)

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

...is what people who don't want to pay extra for the real game keep telling themselves.

#38 8 years ago

You can checkout sample play video of both games. LE sample play from IAAPA and PRO we got 2 weeks ago. In my opinion this is a great game and PRO and LE will be winners! I am a little disappointed with the side rail edging on LE, it will not light up like on Star Trek LE, but other than that, it looks great!
It is always difficult to predict how good the new pinball game will be. Being in business for 30 years, as a rule of thump, you general don’t know how the game will be successful till at least 12+ months after the release. Recent examples are TRON and Star Trek. Both great games!

#39 8 years ago

I just want the full game, all the features. I liked both games, but I love playing pinball and really each game has its challenges. Can't wait to get the LE. Should be a blast.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're right. I'm butthurt I don't have a Shaq Attack.
(Sounds like you are, too.)

Whats wrong with buying an older game and fixing it up with my boy? Whats wrong with you man, not every wants 8k dolar pinballs. Pro versions -GOT is the way to go, ive got room for 4 more all in one room, so...i can spend 10k less and have all the same games as others they just wont be as pretty. Cant believe there is so much hate on the shaq.

#41 8 years ago

I have kiss pro im soooo sorry i havent updated my list, so i guess according to you, since i own one i MUST be an expert. And Shaq Attaq btw is for the kids they love shooting the hoop. So relax its pinball eveyone needs to quit being so butthurt!

Your soooo sorry sounded sarcastic hence I will not accept your apology. Shaq attack is a stern?

#42 8 years ago

I played the LE over 50 times (really) at Florida Free Play. It's presence was a highlight of the show.
Overall, I did not find it to be a $2,000 better pin...if better at all.

*When the ball goes halfway up the center/left ramp, you can not see it come back down because it travels under the upper playfield, making flip saves tougher.
*The right orbit is a secondary mystery target - leading to the dragon throne. Weird ball drop out.
*The upper playfield extends the rule set quite a bit, with 4 of it's own goals, but is just not that much fun. That same upper playfield takes away from the ball going in the pop bumper area as much, and that area is very helpful with the 3 of a kind rewards.
*The first ball in game (and on other balls too but not all of them) start in the upper playfield, and that burns your initial ball save time.

It's very simple in the end.
If you like the upper playfield, you'll prefer the LE/Premium.
If you do not, you will prefer the PRO.

#43 8 years ago

Whats wrong with buying an older game and fixing it up with my boy? Whats wrong with you man, not every wants 8k dolar pinballs. Pro versions -GOT is the way to go, ive got room for 4 more all in one room, so...i can spend 10k less and have all the same games as others they just wont be as pretty. Cant believe there is so much hate on the shaq.

Fixing a game up with your son is wonderful...I never said it wasn't so don't put words in my mouth. Shaq is NOT a wonderful game, that's all. And it's not about money. You could have fixed up a high speed or something and had a much better game for the money.

And I stand by my statement about pros not being as good as premiums. Why anybody would want to play a game without all its features, and not the way the designer intended, is beyond me. To each his own.

#44 8 years ago

I can't remember what thread it was but there was a guy who kept ranting about a particular stern. I think it was a Twdle, yet he's never owned a stern let alone a pinball machine newer than 2000. He was all upset because he insisted on having a right to his opinion and that his opinion was just as valid as anybody else. How do you argue with such a goof?!!
Not saying you're a goof, wise.............

#45 8 years ago

Never owned a Shaqattack so I don't know if it sucks or not. So I won't talk smack about it. I think it's great your kids love it. I have a R&B that I'm about to restore because my wife loves it and it will never leave. Who the heck restores a R&B??(Rocky and Bullwinkle).

#46 8 years ago

I love my pro, but havent played the LE yet, so cant compare. Im just not a huge fan of upper playfields, but I do love my shadow!

#47 8 years ago

Wow, somebody just joined my very short list of ignored users....

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Wow, somebody just joined my very short list of ignored users....

Me?

#49 8 years ago

No, not you. Mister LE/Premium hater....

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I can't remember what thread it was but there was a guy who kept ranting about a particular stern. I think it was a Twdle, yet he's never owned a stern let alone a pinball machine newer than 2000. He was all upset because he insisted on having a right to his opinion and that his opinion was just as valid as anybody else. How do you argue with such a goof?!!

You need to have owned a pin to rant about it? WTF???

So if I go play at friends houses or the local league location (which has about 150 pins set up) and put 50, 150 or 500 plays on any particular pin I'm not entitled to have an opinion about a game because I don't own it?

Personally I don't like to rotate my games, so I only buy stuff I am 99% sure I will like and keep. Of course to be able to know what I want I need to get as much playtime as possible on any machine before I decide. If I decide it's shit and I don't want it I will never own it.
But then I don't have the right to express my opinion about it?

Really, who would be stupid enough to buy a pin he doesn't enjoy or hasn't at least play tested?
It's kind of logical that you don't own pins yourself that you don't like.

And your argument get's even more bizarre when it comes to "never owned a stern" - how does owning "a stern" entitle someone to rate another Stern??? Does owning a LotR make me an expert in rating e.g. GoT??? Really? I don't think so....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-has-played-both-got-pro-and-got-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.