Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by alexanr1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Who has one pinball by choice?”

• One pin. Totally content 5 votes
      7%
    • One pin but curious 6 votes
      9%
    • I tried to stop at one but the force was too strong 54 votes
      77%
    • Told the partner “I’ll only get one” or “this will be my last one”. 2 votes
      3%
    • Had many, cut back to one. 3 votes
      4%

(70 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF2014 (resized).JPG
    DSCF2105 (resized).JPG
    6AE5862E-E10B-4370-BEFF-E1372B64907C (resized).jpeg
    21573F63-273F-4A3C-8E4C-2E067762C544 (resized).jpeg
    20170903_170627 (resized).jpg
    23066 (resized).jpeg
    20170903_171706 (resized).jpg
    23067 (resized).jpeg
    21F34660-0491-49A6-BBB3-B800F469A205 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 2 years ago

Just bought my first one & I already want more!!!

1 week later
    #14 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I loved playing pinball as a kid/teen, and when I got older it never occurred to me to buy one for my house. One day my sister points out an ad to me in the paper (remember those) about a KISS pin for sale. At the time I was in a KISS tribute band. So I went and looked at it, guy had about a dozen games. He showed me how to take the glass off, all the newbie stuff, and said it was a collectors item, I shouldn't really play it that much (probably accounts for the outrageous $800 price tag lol).
    At the time my daughter was about 7, and her and her friends were all OVER that thing. So I called the guy and said, Hey, that game is getting played 24/7, I need a decoy, whadda ya want for that Space Invaders game you had there? So $400 later I sat Space Invaders next to it. And those were the only 2 games I had for a few years.
    One day a buddy calls and says "Hey, theres a Terminator 2 pinball machine for sale at this little sandwich shop where I live".....so $800 later I sat a T2 in between KISS and Space Invaders. T2 is obviously way more advanced than either of the other 2 - ramps, speech, music, multiball, light show, and THAT woke up the 13 year old kid in me that used to love pinball - and I was off and running. Within a few years I had at least half a dozen A list games, all but 1 of which I still own. We're at about 25 games now, more or less - the core collection and then some others that float in and out. In fact, the basement/game room was a big factor in the house we chose when we moved 7 years ago - many were discarded out of hand because of weird layouts/dampness/etc. We were lucky enough to find a house we liked, in a neighborhood we liked, and it was totally bare concrete. We were able to plan the design and lights and electrical exactly how we wanted.
    The short version - never planned on having a game, but if I only had room for one, I would probably have one. If I had room for another 25, I would have 50.
    (P.S. The photo on the amp and the wall behind it are from my KISS band days). Sorry such a long post, brought back some good memories -
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-has-one-pinball-by-choice?tu=jace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.