Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by john041160
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th_pelosi.jpg
    Moe.jpg
    215628_513977338623254_11993618_n.jpg
    Hot_Rod_Grille_sign_pic.jpg
    Magazine_article.jpg
    oompa-loompa-dog.jpg
    IMAG3028.jpg
    Tommy-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    P1010302.jpg
    P1010240.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phetishboy:

Galaxy Blue Arcade & Amusement Parlor

Love that Rock-Ola. Is that a 464 or 474? I've been off of the route for a long time....

#52 11 years ago

Pinball lounge?

#53 11 years ago

"The Dog House" taken from a book "The Night I Followed the Dog". One of the first books I read with my boys when they were just beginning to read. (They are in College now.)

#54 11 years ago

Mine is the SwampFire Lounge & Arcade, name shamelessly stolen from one of my favorite tiki artists, Doug Horne:

http://swampfirelounge.com/

I'm having trouble posting pics, but you can see the theme (and some of Doug's work) here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/swampfire/gameroom

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

And sometimes someone never makes it out? (Til the next day maybe?)

Next day departures are common enough, but yes, there are a few MIA players. Sometimes I think I still hear them behind the walls.

#56 11 years ago

It's not official yet because I haven't been able redo my basement the way I want to. But when it's done I was maybe thinking about "The Pincade Bunker"

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Love that Rock-Ola. Is that a 464 or 474? I've been off of the route for a long time....

Thanks. Its a 470 and I love it too. I've had it for 8 years and it still sounds great. Just loaded 3 new Cars 45s into it on Saturday.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Mine came with a name. SS Billiards.
    LTG : )

I have always wondered for years..... what does the SS stand for?

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

LTG said:

Mine came with a name. SS Billiards.

I have always wondered for years..... what does the SS stand for?

The man that started S.S. Billiards, which opened with the strip mall it is in in November 1970. Was named Sam Snelling. He also had fast food stores in some of the shopping centers called Super Sam's, where you got a cup of pop with his picture and autograph on it.

My Mother bought it with my help in September 1972, you buy a business you buy the name. Sam also has a S.S. Enterprises, so we did drop the dots making it SS Billiards.

#60 11 years ago

What is that big purple thing in the first picture? Is that some sort of over sized bean bag chair, or a dinosaur egg. That thing is huge.

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinij93:

What is that big purple thing in the first picture? Is that some sort of over sized bean bag chair, or a dinosaur egg. That thing is huge.

Barney egg. Waiting for him to hatch.

#62 11 years ago

Not very original, but I like the sign....

IMAG3028.jpgIMAG3028.jpg

#63 11 years ago

The purple thing is a poof. I call it Violet Beauregard because you have to use 2 Oompa Loompas to roll it around. It is made of leftover couch fabric and stuffed with leftover couch stuffing, and it is wonderful. Once you get in it, you might as well stay awhile and take a nap.

#64 11 years ago

I'm waiting for someone to say "The 420 Arcade"...so I can go check out their, uh, pin stash.

#65 11 years ago

2 Oompa Loompas to roll it around.

oompa-loompa-dog.jpgoompa-loompa-dog.jpg

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

The purple thing is a poof. I call it Violet Beauregard because you have to use 2 Oompa Loompas to roll it around. It is made of leftover couch fabric and stuffed with leftover couch stuffing, and it is wonderful. Once you get in it, you might as well stay awhile and take a nap.

Dammit! Do you have ANYTHING that I don't have?

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

Dammit! Do you have ANYTHING that I don't have?

Boobs.

#69 11 years ago

Since mine's in a garage, I call it The Hot Rod Grille. Pins all fit a general theme of cars, bikes and 1950-60's pop culture. Slots and sit down video driving game fits the same theme. The pic is from last year's WOOD Magazine issue called "Ultimate Garage Makeovers".

Jim

Magazine_article.jpgMagazine_article.jpg Hot_Rod_Grille_sign_pic.jpgHot_Rod_Grille_sign_pic.jpg

#72 11 years ago

I call my game room "My Dojo"---- Then my wife calls me a "dork"

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from cireone:

Mine is: The Last Quarter Arcade, I had an artist friend of mine do a satire of the Last Supper with old school arcade characters.

You gotta post a pic of that!

#74 11 years ago

How about either "The Holodeck" or "Asimov's Alley"?

#75 11 years ago

I made this.

215628_513977338623254_11993618_n.jpg215628_513977338623254_11993618_n.jpg

#76 11 years ago

Mine is Turbo's Arcade

#77 11 years ago

Mine is called my parent's garage.

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

Mine is: The Last Quarter Arcade, I had an artist friend of mine do a satire of the Last Supper with old school arcade characters.

You gotta post a pic of that!

Yeah, come-on... PIC! PIC! PIC! PIC!

#79 11 years ago

Ok, so I didn't named my gameroom, but I've got the Shoot Again Bar along side it.

#80 11 years ago

Tom's Dive Bar Arcade

#81 11 years ago

WizzoWorld.

Dan

#82 11 years ago

KwiKi,
    That could be a cool fun project for you in 2013 to fix up/decorate the garage wall(s) where your pins are at, and make a sign with the name of your pinball gameroom. Part of the fun is coming up w/ a name you like. Don't consult the parents, they may hit you w/ negativity.

#83 11 years ago

blt,

Great thread idea. Never hurts to get some ideas.

How about incorporating a cool word such as "Intergalactic" into your gameroom name.
    Lots of options there to tie it in w/ your loved space/sci-fi items & interests.

You could also sometimes play the Beastie Boys song Intergalactic as one of your theme songs.

#84 11 years ago

Brager's Pub

#85 11 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the ideas, suggestions, and sharing your names. I'll pass out more thumbs up when I'm not on my work computer that hates all things internet related. Husband has been watching the thread and after a little discussion and graphic design work, we've settled on... Area 42. That somehow ties in the aliens, LOST, life, the universe and everything. It is sci fi vague enough that we can have 'top secret' dinos and Predators make total sense in there. lol We're going to make a stencil and do a huge "official government building style" logo on the stairs landing, then make little versions we can put around the room as needed for effect. I'll probably put a few vinyl UFO decals here and there for fun, and now we're trying to figure out what goes over the mantle. I want a crashed UFO sticking out, but that might be a bit over the top. (And I don't know how to make one.)

Ooh, and now I think I need a big "official looking" trunk/container to put my pinball supplies in with the logo sprayed all over it. Time to go shopping.

Keep sharing gameroom names though, I always like to see what other people do in their own homes. I'll start a new thread when the renovation is complete with tons of pics.

#86 11 years ago

Mine is called my parent's garage.

I call mine car hole...not a fancy name like GARAGE. But seriously, my pins are in my car hole.

Moe.jpgMoe.jpg

#87 11 years ago

Boobs.

I think you mean tits, this is a boob.

th_pelosi.jpgth_pelosi.jpg

#88 11 years ago

Not a name but was just thinking...

That green fireplace. You should put some UV paint on it. Sci-Fi symbols/references etc. Would be pretty slick looking.

#89 11 years ago

My arcade has been my handle on the forums for a while

"The Hassell Castle"

#90 11 years ago

That's a great idea, Prkchp. I'm going to put the same green color on the full-wall paneling behind the pins, so especially if I get Predator I'll have to UV paint something. (There's no drywall there and I don't have the energy to replace everything right now since you can't see the wall anyway.) We've got LED strips to go above the fireplace, but don't know how I'd be able to black light it. Once I get the stupid walls finished/painted and can play with light I'm sure we'll come up with something cool.

#91 11 years ago

Overkill arcade

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-has-named-their-gameroom/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.