(Topic ID: 211057)

Who has MOVED to a new house because of your pinball addiction?

By Pinzap

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Have you moved to a new house in order to expand your gameroom?”

• Yes, I needed more space for pins amd moved (or will soon) to a new house. 71 votes
      48%
    • I would love to move to a house with a bigger gameroom, but it’s not in the cards. 35 votes
      24%
    • I have learned to live with my addiction in my current space. 28 votes
      19%
    • I’m set... no addiction... perfect space already... at least that’s what I tell myself. 14 votes
      9%

(148 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-9349 (resized).JPG
    IMG-9351 (resized).JPG
    IMG-9350 (resized).JPG
    barn1 (resized).jpg
    20180106_153749 (resized).jpg
    20180106_153716 (resized).jpg
    8A829300-6BEB-4650-B1A3-7D1BCC9CF857 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4877 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

We moved last year and now have a seperate building for my games and workshop. I didn't move because of pinball, but it was something that we had to make sure we had enough space for. It worked out well.

you new place is a dream come true!

such a perfect setup!!!

#68 6 years ago

question for those that have built a big out building that is temperature controlled...

What is the most efficient way to heat and cool the huge space?
    Thinking geothermal with in floor radiant is worth the investment?

Eventual plan (dream) is a 80 x 40 building.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Not only is it expensive, but it takes a long time to heat up a space because you have to bring the entire mass of the concrete floor up to temp. For an out building, I'm assuming (but maybe incorrectly) that you'd want to keep the temp at a cool 40-50 degrees most of the time to save on heating costs until you want to go out and use it for a couple hours. Like in the evening or on the weekend. In this instance, you'll want some type of Modine or Hot Dawg forced air heater that can bring the space up to temp in a short period of time (30 mins or so).
    It all depends on how much you want to spend and how quickly you want to heat it.

I was under the impression that a vertical or horizontal loop system allows you to just use the circulation pump to keep things as a pretty stable temp (55-60) year round? I would assume some smaller wall units for more rapid heating or more likley to assist with cooling when hosting a big party?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-has-moved-to-a-new-house-because-of-your-pinball-addiction?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.