(Topic ID: 82481)

Who has installed Pinbits TOM Auto Eddy Board?

By cscmtp

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by whthrs166
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Is it worth it? Difficult to do?

I am finding I have to adjust the Trunk Eddy Board far too often for my liking. The description says this board will eliminate the need for any future adjustments and it helps register all the hits to the trunk. Has anyone tried installing this? Is it worth it?

Link to product: http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_33&products_id=375

#2 5 years ago

I can't speak from personal experience, but everything I've read about it on the forum was positive.

#3 5 years ago

It's 100% worth it, but note that not all 4 of the screws line up with the original holes. I ended up using only two screws (diagonal corners) which allowed me to use one original hole and only have to start a single new one.

I have the Pinbits auto boards in my CV and TOM and they are flawless, well designed and worth the money to never have to worry about it. Pam and Martin are great people.

Thanks,
Marc

#4 5 years ago

I have installed it. Super simple and totally worth it IMO. Yes, the board doesn't fit and I too only used 2 screws to hold it in place.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks guys. And I assume I only need the board I showed in the link or is there any other required part?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

I have installed it. Super simple and totally worth it IMO. Yes, the board doesn't fit and I too only used 2 screws to hold it in place.

Or Fasten a piece of 1/2" wood to the pf using the original holes and then screw the new eddy board into that.

1 year later
#7 3 years ago

Auto Eddy board... is the best thing for TOM and CV. I think I may have just bought the last one though. I need a couple more. TOTALLY worth it... works like a charm!

Thanks for whoever made this gizmo... it works VERY well!

Jeff

#8 3 years ago

I agree that this is a must! I needed 3 for my Roadshow and I was so sick of having to make daily adjustments to play the game. I've had them in for over 3 years and have not had any issues since. Best thing I've purchased for a pin.

#9 3 years ago

...and I have a brand new set for sale if your interested! Pm me..

#10 3 years ago

This helped me a great deal, as I was loathe to add any glue to hold the adjustment in place. I did have to drill holes, but it was worth it. Between this and Ingo's new trunk error fix board, game play has never been better.

#11 3 years ago

The Pinbits sensors are great! Once you buy them go and buy the Leon Trunk board!!!

#12 3 years ago

I have it in my TOM, never had an issue since the install, well worth it.

3 years later
#13 10 days ago

My magnet sounds like it's working but isn't grabbing the ball

#14 10 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My magnet sounds like it's working but isn't grabbing the ball

That problem can also be an issue with the fliptronic board. If I remember correctly, I had that problem and it was one of the TIP 36 transistors on that board. Look up what transistor runs that magnet in your manual.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 235.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside