• 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by djb_rh
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Driving game in the basement?”

• Yes, they are a good addition and add variety to the game room. 101 votes
    77%
  • No, it will never get played and the space is better with a pin there. 15 votes
    11%
  • What's a driving game? 1 vote
    1%
  • Bacon! 14 votes
    11%

(131 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5179_(resized).JPG
IMG_5980_(resized).JPG
a1b480d5aac75df1-133.jpg
20130118_100502.jpg
image-625.jpg
image-674.jpg
arcade2.jpeg
DSC00848.JPG
DSC01018.JPG
DSC01027.JPG
DSC01021.JPG
20141015_214350-1.jpg
image-196.jpg
DSC01681.JPG
gr 1.jpg
image-84.jpg
There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

How hard is it to do one of these? I am reasonably good a soldering but never pulled a monitor before.

If you've done soldering on circuit boards before, then you'll be fine. Most cap kits i've seen have a detailed instruction sheet and are easy to follow if you do them systematically.
And throwing my hat in the car game ring :- i have a Daytona USA twin, Championship Sprint <<such a fun game for the era and graphics, Sega Rad Mobile and a Super Shhwweeettt Sega TT Manx twin (just to cover the bike side)

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

Paul, you probably could sell your boardset for a nice chunk of change. The Hikaru board set is impossible to repair and super pricey to replace

I'd hate to sell it for parts, it looks and plays so great.

#153 9 years ago

1) What do you have?

I've got a linked pair of San Francisco Rush the Rock sit down drivers with the topper:

rtr.jpgrtr.jpg

2) Do you play it?

Not as much as my pins, but yes. The leaderboards make it fun to shoot for the fastest times on the different tracks. Rush the Rock is pretty deep too with lots of tracks and mirrored track options, lots of different vehicles, etc, so keep that in mind when buying.

3) Do you regret getting it?

Not at all. I'm into vids as well as pins so I have a mix of both in my game room. This is the racer I used to play the hell out of back in the day so I'm glad to have it. Only thing I may consider is swapping them out for Rush 2049 some day.

4) Would you rather have a pin in that spot?

No. I've got the room so I like to have a mix of games in the game room for people to play if they're not into pins. Plus I like playing 'em too.

#154 9 years ago

I know I've said it many times before on this board, but I WILL own a pair of Rush 2049's.

It will happen.

But for now, I've added that Ford Racing game to my list of games to keep an eye out for....thanks a lot!

#155 9 years ago

I am looking for a collector quality Spy Hunter arcade if anyone wants to part with one. Thanks in advance.

#156 9 years ago

I have a pole position II upright and a Manx TT twin motorcycle racing game. The Manx is HUGE and not easy to move.

#157 9 years ago

I hope to get a pair of Cruisin' USAs and a pair of Rush 2049.... one day.... These were some favorites on N64 as a kid

#158 9 years ago

I am 19 and currently in college for computer engineering, when I have my own basement in my own house I will have a set of racing cabinets. The only question I have is how do you switch out games for instance say I have an initial d lindburgh cabinet how would I get say hummer (also a lindburgh game ) to run on it. Also what about converting the cab to run older boards such as Naomi and system 3?

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I think I read somewhere that the developer Specular interactive does not port their arcade games, Dirty Drivin, Batman, H2overdrive, to home systems so they remain exclusive arcade titles.
There is a pretty good Hydro Thunder game on the x-box 360 Arcade.

They do not. There was even a petition to get it ported. The game runs on a dell!

I have 2 dreamcasts w/ Hydrothunder, also on pc and psx.
I have Hydro thunder hurricane on x360
Hydro thunder Go for win phone

H2o I'd totally take 32" sit down, but luckily my local games/arcade has 2....but at $1 a play...gets pricey. I think I've dropped over 60 in since I found it. LOVE the series, hence my avatar Enjoy your games!

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

I am 19 and currently in college for computer engineering, when I have my own basement in my own house I will have a set of racing cabinets. The only question I have is how do you switch out games for instance say I have an initial d lindburgh cabinet how would I get say hummer (also a lindburgh game ) to run on it. Also what about converting the cab to run older boards such as Naomi and system 3?

Check on KLOV forums for that. It is the arcade version of Pinside. You might need to be invited by a member. PM if you do, I'd be happy to get you on there.
http://forums.arcade-museum.com

#161 9 years ago

I agree with the guys in the Daytona's are some of the best drivers ever made. Here's a picture from this weekend of my son and his homecoming date. I've got 2 twins hooked together. Always super popular at parties. Ive seen 10 kids on 4 seats at one time. Todd Scott image-84.jpgimage-84.jpg

#162 9 years ago

Picked up an Outrunners this summer. $150 for the 2 player sit down was just way to cheap to pass on. It does take up a bunch of room though and gets played mostly when we have guests.
The pic is from the day we got it home. Heavy son of a B.

gr 1.jpggr 1.jpg
#163 9 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Picked up an Outrunners this summer. $150 for the 2 player sit down was just way to cheap to pass on. It does take up a bunch of room though and gets played mostly when we have guests.
The pic is from the day we got it home. Heavy son of a B.

gr 1.jpg 93 KB

Looks nice but that sure makes for some tight shots on the pool table

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

The pool table has to be for sale.... No one has pins and a pool table.... No room for that!

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Looking to get a driving game in the basement. Have a lead on a Need for Speed. Only one though. I don't have room for 2, so that is not an option
For those that have a driving game:
1) What do you have?
2) Do you play it?
3) do you regret getting it?

#1 - Pole Position and Outrun
#2 - Yes, Pole Position. Constantly.
#3 - Nope. It's one of my favorite games of all time.
#4 - Nope.

#166 9 years ago

Probably doesnt count but I have a Gottlieb Spin Out. Waiting for clean up Cant wait to add it to the brood.

G

#167 9 years ago

Well it's not in the arcade,yet...
Love this game, basically a Pole Position sequel.
The first head to head racer I can remember playing that wasn't viewed from overhead.
I love it so much I bought a Final Lap 3 PCB, now if I could just get to work in the cab.

DSC01681.JPGDSC01681.JPG

#168 9 years ago

I think a well made slot car track would be an awesome addition! Anybody have one of these?

1/32, 1/24, or HO?

Post edited by roc-noc: cause

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Well it's not in the arcade,yet...
Love this game, basically a Pole Position sequel.
The first head to head racer I can remember playing that wasn't viewed from overhead.
I love it so much I bought a Final Lap 3 PCB, now if I could just get to work in the cab.

DSC01681.JPG 165 KB

Game is pretty fun but those controls are CRAZY weird! Feels nothing like Pole Position.

#170 9 years ago

I would like to take an arcade sit down cabinet and set it up to run modern consoles. Is that wrong?

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Ive got a dual SEGA Outrunners. Great game,

Outunners rules.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from mikeatsparkys:

Just sold my Outrun but still have the Spy Hunter. Two of my faves as a kid. Spy Hunter is so brutal, I love it.

IMG_7712.jpg 185 KB

Have always wanted one of those...how heavy are they? I nearly died hurking a Paperboy up my stairs in the past, would prefer not to do that again.

Wish there was an OutRun2 in a cabinet like that. That's my fave racer ever.

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Have always wanted one of those...how heavy are they? I nearly died hurking a Paperboy up my stairs in the past, would prefer not to do that again.
Wish there was an OutRun2 in a cabinet like that. That's my fave racer ever.

Paperboy is heavy as hell. All those Atari cabs are. Spy Hunter is about the same. It's a bulky cabinet. NOT FUN.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from blkdog7:

Paperboy is heavy as hell. All those Atari cabs are. Spy Hunter is about the same. It's a bulky cabinet. NOT FUN.

Have always heard that Atari System 1s (I think they are?) are ridiculously heavy. Anyone know how an OutRun cabaret would compare? Would love to sneak one of those into the game room...

#175 9 years ago

I've got 2 rush 2049 special's there not linked , but someday soon they will be... They make ok money , I had to replace both keypads and those are a pain in the butt to rig in ..

I play the shit out of them when ever I do my route ...

Super glad I have them and would not trade for a pin ..

IMHO the best driving game out there hands down ...

I did play a Hard Drivin the other day and that is a very realistic driving simulator

image-196.jpgimage-196.jpg

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from blkdog7:

Game is pretty fun but those controls are CRAZY weird! Feels nothing like Pole Position.

That's it. I need to play a Pole Position now.
I've always loved the controls on Final Lap but then again I grew up playing it to death...

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

I've got 2 rush 2049 special's there not linked , but someday soon they will be... They make ok money , I had to replace both keypads and those are a pain in the butt to rig in ..
I play the shit out of them when ever I do my route ...
Super glad I have them and would not trade for a pin ..
IMHO the best driving game out there hands down ...
I did play a Hard Drivin the other day and that is a very realistic driving simulator

image-196.jpg 171 KB

That is a crazy looking Rush. Very nice!

#178 9 years ago

Racers shooters and fighters stood the test of time. They are still great fun in any gameroom that has room.

Rush the rock I love but the turbo boost that is given to last place player can be just gross if the right PC player gets it.

#179 9 years ago

I like Atari racing games. I have Pole Position, RoadBlasters, and 2049 SE. the PP2 cab is setup for MAME.
20141015_214350-1.jpg20141015_214350-1.jpg

#180 9 years ago

Pics of the car games i mentioned in my previous post, and i forgot to answer the questions

1) These 4 plus a Super Hang ON (currently under restoration)
2) All of them (and as much as the pins) (Probably play the Daytona a bit more than the others and also the Manx TT << which looks much better now after a repaint and new decals )
3) DEFINITELY don't regret buying them (even if the Daytona does shag out on a regular basis, bloody game boards and their low "shelf life")
4) No, still got plenty of room left

DSC01021.JPGDSC01021.JPG DSC01027.JPGDSC01027.JPG DSC01018.JPGDSC01018.JPG DSC00848.JPGDSC00848.JPG
#181 9 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

That is a crazy looking Rush. Very nice!

Yeah, what's with the orange cabinet? I've never seen one like that. Is it converted from something else or is it something custom you did?

Looks pretty sweet either way!

#182 9 years ago

How much would be a reasonable price for a pair of linked 'restored' HydroThunders? This is new territory for me. What specifically would I need to look for as far as problems/issues goes?

Thanks,

Darin

#183 9 years ago

Yep. Crazy Taxi sit down and Star Wars Racer Arcade (Anakin side).

#184 9 years ago

If I could get only 1 "racing" game it would be Steel Talons...endless time playing that game.

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Yeah, what's with the orange cabinet? I've never seen one like that. Is it converted from something else or is it something custom you did?
Looks pretty sweet either way!

Looks like a Converted Revolt

arcade2.jpegarcade2.jpeg
#186 9 years ago

Jealous of all of these sit down racers, Final Lap was my favorite as a kid, they had 8 linked together at the arcade and it was a blast! These things are so big and take up so much space though that I just have a tri monitor setup on my computer with a nice wheel pedal setup and play Iracing etc. Honestly find the online play a lot of fun, one day when I have a mansion though things will change.....

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

That was just a temporary spot when we got it in the door.

Quoted from tamoore:

The pool table has to be for sale.... No one has pins and a pool table.... No room for that!

It is for sale if you want to help move it.
It's a slate top beast that I moved in into the house as a teenager with about 7 friends to help.
The only way it leaves is if I don't have to lift a finger but I'd have no problem letting it go.
Plus, I need more money before I can buy more pins so for now, it's the best work bench around.

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

Looks like a Converted Revolt

Bingo! We have a winner.

Well done.

#189 9 years ago

My first restore and by far one of the coolest EM games nobody's heard of. I've yet to see another one in working order if someone does please post a vid I'd like to get original sound copied. Just a side note my son in the video received a honda 80 dirt bike for his 13th birthday, he never killed the engine once the first day riding a clutch. I know this game taught him to properly shift using a clutch no doubt. I took this to a Texas Pinfest show was a major pain to explain how to even start this game not many people use a standard transmission these days.

image-674.jpgimage-674.jpg image-625.jpgimage-625.jpg
#190 9 years ago

bingo , yes that is an old revolt converted into a rush 2049se, and no i didn't do the work , the led strips make it pretty bad ass for sure , I bought it from a dude that had 10 of the most pristine pins I had ever seen... OCD major , nuts, bolts, screws, tools all have the perfect spot in his garage... I've never seen a more amazing garage in my life...best 600 bucks ever

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Have always heard that Atari System 1s (I think they are?) are ridiculously heavy. Anyone know how an OutRun cabaret would compare? Would love to sneak one of those into the game room...

I have an Outrun cabaret. It's light and cool. Fullsize monitor. I prefer it over the standard upright cab.

#192 9 years ago

Old school. I have Super Bug and Fire Truck.

#193 9 years ago

My brother was over this past weekend and he played a ton of Cruis'n World. Then we had an epic game of Super Chexx. 2-1 OTer that I tied late and won in the second OT. good times.

#194 9 years ago

Cruis'n World. Great shape for what we paid. It does indeed get played. No regrets at all. The upright version is perfect. A pin would not fit where we have it. Enjoy

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

1) What do you have?
2) Do you play it?
3) do you regret getting it?

1. Super Sprint. (Pic is a year and a half old but SS hasn't moved.)
2. Yep. (With guests.)
3. Nope.
4. Nope. (Variety is important.)

But I would love a pair of sit-down drivers. Don't have the nerve to give up two pin spaces though!

20130118_100502.jpg20130118_100502.jpg
#196 9 years ago

Not to hijack a great thread , anyone here ever "tune" and new gas peddle pot? I figured this would be an east install , apparently I am very wrong ... 2049

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

1. Super Sprint. (Pic is a year and a half old but SS hasn't moved.)2. Yep. (With guests.)3. Nope.4. Nope. (Variety is important.)
But I would love a pair of sit-down drivers. Don't have the nerve to give up two pin spaces though!

20130118_100502.jpg 188 KB

Off topic: I see you and I are in the same club. Warlords!

#198 9 years ago

Ive always wanted a F355 Challenge really bad. Such an amazing racing simulator.
I wouldnt mind the Sega Kart racing game either. Virtua Racing would be great out of nastalgia, but I bet it gets old quick.

I dont think that a game like Rush or Fast&Furious or even Daytona would be very fun in the long term though.

#199 9 years ago

Rush is a blast , I bet I put 3000 bucks in that game at Eric's in breck , and now that I actually own one , I still play the crap out of them , .....fastest laps ... It's all about fastest laps

#200 9 years ago

I love our Manxx TT motorcyle racing game but hate the space it eats up.

There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-has-a-racing-game-in-the-arcade/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.