(Topic ID: 46153)

Who has a CV with skinny ringmaster installed?

By pinballrebel

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Bangback
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Skinny ringmaster or fat ringmaster?”

• Skinny 5 votes
    28%
  • Fat 9 votes
    50%
  • Who cares 4 votes
    22%

(18 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I just put a skinny ringmaster in my CV. I think it looks better. I know it caused ball hangs which is why the modified one was installed in production games. For those of you who have done this mod what is the worst thing that has took place so far? The game isn't on location so I don't mind unsticking a ball from time to time.

#2 11 years ago

I have fat and skinny head ringmasters but left the skinny off as I did not want to deal with ball hangups. I think the skinny does look better. More maniacal anyways.

#3 11 years ago

Post pictures as I just played one recently and curious to see.

#4 11 years ago

Does anyone have a skinny ringmaster to sell? I've been wanting to add this.

#5 11 years ago

Here they are side by side and installed.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballrebel:

I just put a skinny ringmaster in my CV. I think it looks better. I know it caused ball hangs which is why the modified one was installed in production games. For those of you who have done this mod what is the worst thing that has took place so far? The game isn't on location so I don't mind unsticking a ball from time to time.

Isn't the original issue more of that the ball can wedge between the ringmaster and the playfield, causing a gear to break on the motor? If that's the case, motors are expensive to replace, especially with the gearbox.

#7 11 years ago

Really? I can't see how a ball could get stuck in such a way...anyone have experience with that?

Ken

#8 11 years ago

I installed my skinny Ringmaster and sure enough, the ball tended to get stuck on the left-hand side ... this was a while back so I'm not sure how often, but it was often enough that I went back to the standard Ringmaster.

Note: It was never an issue on causing anything to physically break, least of all something in the gearbox or motor area.

Bill Ung (UFO Pinball)

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from ufopinball:

I installed my skinny Ringmaster and sure enough, the ball tended to get stuck on the left-hand side ... this was a while back so I'm not sure how often, but it was often enough that I went back to the standard Ringmaster.
Note: It was never an issue on causing anything to physically break, least of all something in the gearbox or motor area.
Bill Ung (UFO Pinball)

Yes, I believe the area on the left side under his cheek perfectly fits the ball. In some instances the ball can get stuck in that area as it goes down in the Playfield. Perhaps if it happens often enough on location, it could cause motor or gear failure?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-has-a-cv-with-skinny-ringmaster-installed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.