4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by eggbert52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

OK Pinside we have a new thread and hypothetical game. You list what you have to trade, what you are trading it for, and the Pinsiders will tell you who won. If it's even, then just write push. Condition of the game will obviously be a key so please make sure you mention that. So let's get this ball rolling!

NIB RZ + HUO AMH + $1,000 for Minty BBB

So Pinsiders, who got the better deal? Post your own deal and let's see what Pinsiders have to say!

#2 4 years ago

they guy who had the bbb and got the rz+amh+1k got the better deal by far...not even close

#3 4 years ago

everybody who did not click on this thread

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

everybody who did not click on this thread

I took a risk, it might not take off. But, at least I thought about it unlike threads in years before.

#5 4 years ago

Looks like I traded a dirt pile for some turds... Clicked on this one twice by accident.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

they guy who had the bbb and got the rz+amh+1k got the better deal by far...not even close

Respectfully disagree. The build quality, mechanics, theme and artwork on BBB is some of the best ever. Music and sounds are a blast. Plus it has a historical mystic that will never be duplicated. Value will not go down and most likely continue higher. It is so much more than simply a rare machine.

Its a guessing game as to how the value will go on RZ and recently AMH has been slipping in price. Rarity does not equal value.

Roll em out Eggbert52, I'll play. Pinside needs to give you more of a chance.

#7 4 years ago

Seems to me bbb is worth more than that market wise possibly. I'm assuming the question is more overall about gameplay and fun and less about $$ though. Problem is I have never played bbb which raises a real question, how many pinsiders have actually put some games on it or other similarly rare titles like kingpin and Godzilla.. Maybe I should start a poll. Are there 100 bbb out there?

#8 4 years ago

There was a BBB at TPF2015 that I put some plays on. Glad I had the opportunity. Went for $17k (plus hammer) at the auction as I recall.

#9 4 years ago

OK here is another one I thought of.

NIB RZ for Mint HUO Tron LE

No cash on either side.

Fair trade?

#10 4 years ago

I can only assume we're talking about the NFL. So...I'd say the Titans and Browns.

#11 4 years ago

I have thought about thinning my collection by going 2-for-1. If I trade WCS and T3 (both great players shape) for a ST Pro (good condition, HUO), where's the scale balance at?

I thought it was about even, but recently people seem to be asking more for WCS and T3 it seems, so not sure I would do the trade anymore.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

OK here is another one I thought of.
    NIB RZ for Mint HUO Tron LE
    No cash on either side.
    Fair trade?

Whoever owns the Tron LE would be getting Rob'd... get it?

#13 4 years ago

Ok I'll bite. Traded a fully shopped Gottlieb Surf n Safari + $200 for DE Simpsons w light shop job, minor cabinet wear.
    I think I did well.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Rarity does not equal value.

then why would bbb be worth more than RZ+AMH+1k?
    why would BBB be worth 17k plus is it wasn't for rarity?

#15 4 years ago

The guy who got rid of BBB. He trades one fancy rare game for two fancy rare games and gets $1k to boot, wow! Haven't played RZ at all, but I like the gameplay of AMH way more than BBB. But we're not talking about gameplay are we, BBB is an 18k e-peen collectible with sweet art

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

then why would bbb be worth more than RZ+AMH+1k

RZ & AMH plus 1K equals about 15K and price indicators are headed down on AMH. BBB are selling in the 20K range and holding steady, possible climbing.

As far as the BBB is concerned I posted this:

Quoted from Mr68:

The build quality, mechanics, theme and artwork on BBB is some of the best ever. Music and sounds are a blast. Plus it has a historical mystic that will never be duplicated. <snip> It is so much more than simply a rare machine.

On the issue of rarity consider they only made 600 Lost In Space machines. LIS's current valuation and desirability in comparison don't compute. Rarity can add some value but its not the only ingredient.

#17 4 years ago

This is a very transparent thread. You're price pumping a pin you haven't even received yet and clearly bought only to flip.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

RZ & AMH plus 1K equals about 15K and price indicators are headed down on AMH. BBB are selling in the 20K range and holding steady, possible climbing.
    As far as the BBB is concerned I posted this:

On the issue of rarity consider they only made 600 Lost In Space machines. LIS's current valuation and desirability in comparison don't compute. Rarity can add some value but its not the only ingredient.

I agree with that...my point is the only reason BBB is worth close to 20k is rarity, not stellar gameplay...

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I agree with that...my point is the only reason BBB is worth close to 20k is rarity, not stellar gameplay...

And that's where we can agree to disagree.

#20 4 years ago

BBB isn't even Capcom's best game, Pinball Magic is IMO. If they made a few hundred more of them it would just be another semi-obscure but neat $3-4000 Capcom game. It's not Medieval Madness.

Is Kingpin $50k because it's 3x better than BBB?

#21 4 years ago

Medieval Madness is way over rated IMO.

How about we stay on topic. RZ & AMH plus 1K equals about 15K. BBB are selling in the 20K range.

#22 4 years ago

I'm trading up from a TronLE to an Eager Beaver!

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

BBB has been around 15-18K for several years, and isn't climbing anymore. Last few sales I know of were 16, 15 and 17K. Haven't seen or heard of a 20K+ sale in a long time. It's rare and has cool history, but so does AMH, RZ, CCC and other boutique games. Gameplay on BBB is limited... it's fun, but not as good as many Sterns and WPCs. BBB has lots more competition for "rare and cool" factor these days.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

This is a very transparent thread. You're price pumping a pin you haven't even received yet and clearly bought only to flip.

No, I'm not. No need to do that, I don't need the money. I was just thinking about other pins that I would like to have and the only possible one I would want to sell is RZ. But, I may end up hating GBLE and may trade that.

Life doesn't really need to be as jaded as your comment, I just thought it would be fun.

Quoted from HighVoltage:

I have thought about thinning my collection by going 2-for-1. If I trade WCS and T3 (both great players shape) for a ST Pro (good condition, HUO), where's the scale balance at?
    I thought it was about even, but recently people seem to be asking more for WCS and T3 it seems, so not sure I would do the trade anymore.

I would say that WCS and T3 players plus $500 would probably get it done for an HUO Pro.

#25 4 years ago

If I was wrong I apologize, but that's what it looked like to me. Your inbound RZ would have to be worth ~$10k for your hypothetical trades to even out.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Your inbound RZ would have to be worth ~$10k for your hypothetical trades to even out.

Well that's part of the reason I started the thread, I have no idea what it's worth. Not propping it up, really more just trying to figure out what I could trade for. At the end of the day, if it ends up only being worth an Aerosmith Pro at least I know.

#27 4 years ago

How about a restored FunHouse for a Star Trek Pro?

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Well that's part of the reason I started the thread, I have no idea what it's worth. Not propping it up, really more just trying to figure out what I could trade for. At the end of the day, if it ends up only being worth an Aerosmith Pro at least I know.

It's probably too soon to tell. So far no one has paid more than $6k. We'll see what happens. Hopefully it's well-liked.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

How about a restored FunHouse for a Star Trek Pro?

For me personally, I'd expect some cash from the guy with the Star Trek Pro depending upon who did the restoration. If it's Hutch then easily $500.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    € 30.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Creo Pinball
    $ 259.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 159.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Other
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 35.00
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside