View topic image gallery

IMG_1080[1].JPG
IMG_1082[1].JPG
IMG_1083[1].JPG
IMG_1084[1].JPG
IMG_1085[1].JPG
IMG_1086[1].JPG
#1 10 years ago

Had a buddy (JOSH) do the Play Field. Basically pulled mylar and messed up my old PF. SO I bought a NOS which was horrible (so many flaws) bought it from Jackson Arcades and needless to say I will never buy from them again off of ebay.

My friend Josh Clear Coated the new PF, fixed several mistakes and swapped PF The results are the fasted playing Austin Powers I have ever played. Everything is set to soft in settings and the ball still flies like mad on this new PF

IMG_1086[1].JPGIMG_1086[1].JPG IMG_1085[1].JPGIMG_1085[1].JPG IMG_1084[1].JPGIMG_1084[1].JPG
#2 10 years ago

more

IMG_1083[1].JPGIMG_1083[1].JPG IMG_1082[1].JPGIMG_1082[1].JPG IMG_1080[1].JPGIMG_1080[1].JPG
#3 10 years ago

Lookx amazing! Cant wait to come play it.

#4 10 years ago

I just got an AP does it have a magnet in the time machine if so how does it work in play?

#5 10 years ago

Groovy baby!

#6 10 years ago

Much less friction, plus it makes the light refract different. looks like a lot of fun!
cheers, ron

#7 10 years ago

Looks sweet! While you're at it making it look super pretty - go ahead and replace those black solid posts under the slings with clear (or colored) star posts!

Also, if your game hasn't had the audio resistor service bulletin performed on it - DO IT...makes the game sound so much better.

Quoted from alamo:

I just got an AP does it have a magnet in the time machine if so how does it work in play?

It's like LOTR - it grabs the ball, holds it for a beat, then shoots it out the back....it's been a while since I've played it - but it might reject it out of the front, too if the Time Machine isn't ready yet or something.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Looks sweet! While you're at it making it look super pretty - go ahead and replace those black solid posts under the slings with clear (or colored) star posts!
Also, if your game hasn't had the audio resistor service bulletin performed on it - DO IT...makes the game sound so much better.

It's like LOTR - it grabs the ball, holds it for a beat, then shoots it out the back....it's been a while since I've played it - but it might reject it out of the front, too if the Time Machine isn't ready yet or something.

Will check.

Good call on the posts. I have some extra colored ones

#9 10 years ago

Sweet AP!

Some purple posts might look cool. I used purple LEDs in the clear inserts on my AP and it tied in with the "funky" theme.

AP often gets bad reviews ... Hey, it's not the best game ever made, but far from the worse. It always gets lots of plays when I have people over. The ladies like the theme too.

rd.

#10 10 years ago

As per usual for AP friggin laser dont work. Guess time machine magnet does not either as it just goes thru

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Cloverdale, CA
Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Palm Beach, FL
$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-gets-an-austin-powers-play-field-clear-coated-and-restored-this-guy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.