(Topic ID: 15940)

Who else left the The Avengers movie wanting the Pinball machine?

By HighProtein

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by rambof07
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“You left the movie...”

• Wanting to buy The Avengers pin 21 votes
      28%
    • Wanting to see an Avengers pin be made 17 votes
      23%
    • Wanting to play an Avengers pin 16 votes
      22%
    • Not really interested in an Avengers pin 20 votes
      27%

(74 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

Frankly during this movie many times I saw things that I wanted in an Avengers pin.
    While walking out all that I could think was damn I want the pin.
    I love Spider-Man, really dig Judge Dredd, dig Iron Man and the Batman ones are ok to me.

The Avengers could be the first all around smash comic pin.

I could see 4 LE editions for the main big characters.
    The longevity of The Avengers should be quite long and memorable.
    If they put the game out this year momentum will be rode out.

This if done right will be my first NIB.

It covers the bases for those that wanted another Iron Man pin and a pin
    about any other characters. The previous Hulk pin doesn't count to me.

Question: Who will be the designer?
    Is is George "Toy Master" Gomez, John "The Borg" Borg or someone else/new?
    It's probably fantasty, but I'd like Brian Eddy to do this game.

#2 11 years ago

I haven't seen the movie yet but really hope they are going to make the pin.

#3 11 years ago

I can see Borg designing it hopefully.

#4 11 years ago

Gomez is the rumor. Borg is polishing up his game now.

#5 11 years ago

I hope they make this one - so much potential, movie was awesome.

Just the looks of the machine could have variety.
    - Standard machine - cabinet art with all the characters
    - Hulk LE - green trim and hulk green cabinet graphic
    - Capt. America LE - chrome trim, stars and stripes & himself of course cabinet graphic
    - Iron Man LE - candy red trim, IM gold and candy red cabinet graphic
    - Thor LE - Metallic gun metal Grey Trim, Thor black and grey cabinet graphic

Just wish the pro and premium had the same playfield, same rules, same game play with maybe just the differences being trim, serial number, back glass and maybe some of the plastics and some toys varying for the LE's.

#6 11 years ago

How about they make one great machine, instead of 5 different flavors? Wouldn't that be a "marvel" idea....

#7 11 years ago

To add Stern could separate the difference between the Pro and LE's - with thew Pro having a standard red DMD, and the LE's with the colour dmd (lcd) that has been brought out for the AFM.

#8 11 years ago

Would be interested if JJ were making it..

#9 11 years ago

I can see Stern borking this one up for some reason... i dunno why but i feels it in my bones. Awesome movie.

#10 11 years ago

Warning: Spoiler.

Think they can get the ball to be tossed around like Hulk tosses lokey?

End spoiler:

This title you make one hell of a game! And i do see a sequel in the future!

-Aaron

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from IowaPinballClub:

Warning: Spoiler.
    Think they can get the ball to be tossed around like Hulk tosses lokey?
    End spoiler:
    This title you make one hell of a game! And i do see a sequel in the future!
    -Aaron
    IPC

Gomez has mentioned this already in his interview. I think there is to much on his plate and knowing his TF record i hope he redeems himself. Lots of new stuff LCD etc with this one. Here is hoping its a smash hit like AC/DC

#12 11 years ago

Saw the movie. Awesome. My guess is game release in conjunction with the sequel.

#13 11 years ago

if an Avengers pin is made, it better be LOADED with quotes and one-liners.

While I like the Iron Man pin, it does not have nearly enough Tony Stark quotes...and all of the wittiness that made that movie great is missing from the pin. I have no idea why they thought it was a better idea to have Jeff Bridges be the focal point quote-wise.

Also, while I like by Batman DK pin, I don't like the sound package there, either. Very few movie quotes, and 'fake Batman', 'fake Alfred', 'fake Joker' speech everywhere. Come on...either you have the license, or you don't. Load up your pin with audio and visual from the movie! (Spidey and Tron do it perfectly).

So, for Avengers...I'm hoping they go nuts. EVERY character in that movie has multiple awesome, witty one-liners. We need to see them in the pin.

Pete
    --
    Here's my Arcade: http://i.imgur.com/cyCng.jpg

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Wouldn't that be a "marvel" idea....

I see what you did there...
    It would definitely be easier on the ol' pocketbook, that's for sure!
    ... Let alone trying to memorize four rows of check marks for small differences between each version. I do it enough when shopping for electronics!

Just have two models...
    Pro and LE!
    And it better have FOUR ramps!!!

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Would be interested if JJ were making it..

I thought JJ was doing The Hobbit next...

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Just have two models...

Amen! and with exact same game play and code,with cosmetic frills and maybe a shaker added to the LE and the Pro being able to be modded to LE without a numbered plaque.

#17 11 years ago

Hmmm how many think we see a return of the Silver Surfer in the sequel??? That would be epic!!! He was wasted in the Fantastic 4 sequel & needs to be used again!!!

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Hmmm how many think we see a return of the Silver Surfer in the sequel??? That would be epic!!! He was wasted in the Fantastic 4 sequel & needs to be used again!!!

No, most likely not going to happen. Silver Surfer really never crossed over into Avenger books. What they look like they have planned, could be epic though.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

smassa said:Hmmm how many think we see a return of the Silver Surfer in the sequel??? That would be epic!!! He was wasted in the Fantastic 4 sequel & needs to be used again!!!
    No, most likely not going to happen. Silver Surfer really never crossed over into Avenger books. What they look like they have planned, could be epic though.

I'm guessing you didnt see the spoiler scene during the credits??? I'm thinking its very possible. Maybe not a slam dunk but very possible.

#20 11 years ago

+2

Quoted from tomdotcom:

How about they make one great machine, instead of 5 different flavors? Wouldn't that be a "marvel" idea....

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #23 11 years ago

From Stern's Facebook page posted on Saturday - "The Stern Team is off to see an awesome movie today. What are your plans?"

mmmm, Stern Team, awesome movie, Avengers ?, pin inspiration ? pin in sync with movie ????

#24 11 years ago

why wouldn't stern get an advance screener if they were making avengers?

I was pretty sure that was the next game and a lock, but if they didn't see it before us.. I have my doubts now.. Maybe Xmen IS the next one, and I would be a big supporter if it was that zombie xmen series!!

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

why wouldn't stern get an advance screener if they were making avengers?
    I was pretty sure that was the next game and a lock, but if they didn't see it before us.. I have my doubts now.. Maybe Xmen IS the next one, and I would be a big supporter if it was that zombie xmen series!!

good point, I did think that after I posted.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

I'm guessing you didnt see the spoiler scene during the credits??? I'm thinking its very possible. Maybe not a slam dunk but very possible.

Spoiler Alert-

Yes, but Thanos, who has fought the Avengers a dozen times, the Silver Surfer never appeared in Avengers books. Crossover events, like Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, Infinity Crusade etc..., everybody in the Marvel Universe appeared so that doesn't count.

Thanos is a cosmic character, so there have been Silver Surfer appearances in books like Annihilation, or The End, but those were stand alone books and did not feature Avengers other in very small cameos.

Thanos is an Avengers villain.

I'll put in a pinball analogy, since anything is possible. Silver Surfer being in the next Avengers film would be as likely as Stern announcing they will do a remake of MM. Possible-yes, Likely- No

Have a better chance of seeing Adam Warlock, and doubt that will happen either.

#27 11 years ago

Great movie, definitely want a pin made, will buy if they make one and it is as good as AC/DC. I have to say that is going to be one hard act to follow.

Quoted from vicjw66:

Moved to the confederate state of -200 years ago florida

You sound like a racist. Take your trash talk somewhere else. At least be nice dude, that post is just plain egg all over your face. No one here is going to forget that post. If you apologize right away and sincerely I will let it go and forget it happened. I am sure the rest of us would too.

#28 11 years ago

I can see myself wanting a Premium. That way, I can wait and see. If George does, it, I hope he gets a different software person. Or, make it have simple rules, but be difficult like Ironman.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

smassa said:I'm guessing you didnt see the spoiler scene during the credits??? I'm thinking its very possible. Maybe not a slam dunk but very possible.

Spoiler Alert-
    Yes, but Thanos, who has fought the Avengers a dozen times, the Silver Surfer never appeared in Avengers books. Crossover events, like Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, Infinity Crusade etc..., everybody in the Marvel Universe appeared so that doesn't count.
    Thanos is a cosmic character, so there have been Silver Surfer appearances in books like Annihilation, or The End, but those were stand alone books and did not feature Avengers other in very small cameos.
    I'll put in a pinball analogy, since anything is possible. Silver Surfer being in the next Avengers film would be as likely as Stern announcing they will do a remake of MM. Possible-yes, Likely- No

I see your point. Would be a nice surprise since Fantastic Four sequel sucked and would be an epic battle if it included the surfer. Probably would be too much going on and would over power some of the other characters.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

jimjim66 said:smassa said:I'm guessing you didnt see the spoiler scene during the credits??? I'm thinking its very possible. Maybe not a slam dunk but very possible.
    Spoiler Alert-
    I see your point. Would be a nice surprise since Fantastic Four sequel sucked and would be an epic battle if it included the surfer. Probably would be too much going on and would over power some of the other characters.

Plus they kinda left the Surfer out there hanging at the end of FF2 just to leave that door open.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I can see myself wanting a Premium. That way, I can wait and see. If George does, it, I hope he gets a different software person. Or, make it have simple rules, but be difficult like Ironman.

Lol lonnie sucks.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

if an Avengers pin is made, it better be LOADED with quotes and one-liners.
    While I like the Iron Man pin, it does not have nearly enough Tony Stark quotes...and all of the wittiness that made that movie great is missing from the pin. I have no idea why they thought it was a better idea to have Jeff Bridges be the focal point quote-wise.
    Also, while I like by Batman DK pin, I don't like the sound package there, either. Very few movie quotes, and 'fake Batman', 'fake Alfred', 'fake Joker' speech everywhere. Come on...either you have the license, or you don't. Load up your pin with audio and visual from the movie! (Spidey and Tron do it perfectly).
    So, for Avengers...I'm hoping they go nuts. EVERY character in that movie has multiple awesome, witty one-liners. We need to see them in the pin.
    Pete
    --
    Here's my Arcade: http://i.imgur.com/cyCng.jpg

I agree on that point. One of the best suprises about my Spider-Man is the Farmers insurance guy doing all the call outs. Its awesome. I didnt know IM was low on the Robert Downey quotes, but it would bug me.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

You didn't stay after the credits did you? The next movie will feature a villain starting with a T in his name most likely. Don't want to be a spoiler.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Missed your post. You named him!!!

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

smassa said:Hmmm how many think we see a return of the Silver Surfer in the sequel??? That would be epic!!! He was wasted in the Fantastic 4 sequel & needs to be used again!!!
    You didn't stay after the credits did you? The next movie will feature a villain starting with a T in his name most likely. Don't want to be a spoiler.

Yes I did see the Vilian in question and the surfer was know to mix it up with him in one of the best selling crossover series ever put out by Marvel. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I'd love to see the Surfer make a cameo appearance in the avengers sequel n lay down some cosmic justice. (:

Ya I was a comic book junkie in the 90's. Lol

#36 11 years ago

On a side note how sweet would a Silver Surfer pin be??? Could be some seriously sick artwork n I'd be all over that if they got Ron Lim to do the artwork.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

On a side note how sweet would a Silver Surfer pin be??? Could be some seriously sick artwork n I'd be all over that if they got Ron Lim to do the artwork.

Love Ron Lim's stuff. You're right, a Silver Surfer pin would be awesome. Talk is that they are going to do a FF reboot, and the Thing will be CGI.

#38 11 years ago

Just saw it - a little uneven but very good. Best action and sound in any film i have ever seen.

Makes we want to play my IM even more - he is the best character (besides Hulk!) in the movie.

#39 11 years ago

I would buy a l.e

#40 11 years ago

I saw it this morning and would be very interested. But not sight unseen. Don't want to be victimized by something like TRS.

#41 11 years ago

Went with one of my daughters, fell asleep 10 minutes in and woke up with about 10 minutes to go......what I saw was good though!

Jet lag and a few beers did me in at the late show....

3 months later
    #42 11 years ago

I have seen this movie and really good movie with effects. Action scenes are too good.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-else-left-the-the-avengers-movie-wanting-the-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.