(Topic ID: 171067)

Who else is feeling fed up with pricing and average games?

By jgentry

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mad-as-hell-howard-beal1-network-credit-soshable-posted-MastheadBlog-MHProNews-com- (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Who else feels like pinball manufactures are giving us less and asking for more? I'm normally excited for game reveals but I honestly could care less about any of them this week. We have what stern has priced as their masterpiece which is nothing more then a Dark Knight reskin with some tweaks. Apparently not designing a new game is more expensive then designing one. Possibly the most bloated over priced game ever made. We have a strange "Dialed In" which may end up being a good game but is certainly an odd choice that turns me off and is way over priced at 9K. Alien looks OK if it can be delivered at the original price point. Apparently Aerosmith is next for stern which is another big miss.

I got my GB premium this week, paid for it in March. Another price increase and a longer wait for the game then ever. I have played it 5 times so far. I have to say that I have never played a game with as many air balls and just overall design flaws as this game has. My initial feeling is that I F'ing hate this game. Shots are not smooth, code is not intuitive, balls jump the inlanes, left ramp creates crazy airballs, etc. Last night while watching the JJP feed I looked up at GB and thought "You could be a Centaur and a Congo you piece of shit". Then I saw the sheet pulled off the new game and all I could think was I play pinball to get away from that crap, why is there a phone ringing constantly?

My hard cap is 8K for any NIB game and it is going to have to offer a lot more going forward then what is currently coming out. I would guess by 2017 that will only leave stern pro's and Spooky games in that range. I can't help but look at my WH20 and think how it shoots like butter and then look at GB and think what the hell happened. Until someone can deliver a game that shoots smooth, has fun shots, good code, a complete sound package, etc they won't get my money ever again. There's enough early ss games and good DmD games for half the price to keep me busy for the rest of my life. I can have just as much fun on EBD, Fathom, Flash Gordon, WH2O, TS, etc for much cheaper. So why are any of us spending 10K on a game? Can you get 7K more in fun out of it then you can a 3K game? I certainly cannot.

Now everyone get the F off my lawn!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Your loss is my gain. How much for Ghostbusters?
Seriously, I don't like the new higher prices. I'll probably just wait them out and buy used. Sorry to hear your frustrations. I would really like a Ghostbusters. I cancelled my premium order due to issues. I'm likely a used pro buyer.

$6500, come and get it. No ghosting, just plenty of poorly designed shots.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

It's probably a good thing your going on vacation soon. I have a plan that will solve all your problems.
1. When you're in Hawaii, find a nice place to buy with a large guest room for us.
2. I'll keep you're games minty fresh and you can play them when you come to the mainland.
3. Become a UT fan.

1. I'm just going to stay there in a tent. I'll spear fish until all of the tuna are gone, that last one is going to taste delicious.
2. Come on over, I'll give you the UT fan price increase on all of them.
3. I'm trying to decide between this and eating a bag of dicks.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Supposedly BM66LE is sold out at basically 10k and all 80 of the SLE's are sold out at 15k... who's fault is this? I just can't blame the manufacturer at this point.

I put the blame solely on you Teekee. You told us all to send money now, now you tell us it's our fault

People can buy what they want I guess, I'm not even going to pretend to understand it though. I have a friend that just got in on a BMLE because it liked what he sees. I told him I'm working on a pin in my garage called "Money Grab" and a 20K deposit will secure the LE #1. I haven't gotten a payment yet though. Still got my fingers crossed it will show up.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Then don't buy NIB
As you say, lots of old games out there, lots of life still in them
Collect what you enjoy playing

That's the plan going forward. I would still like to piss and moan about it though.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I thought it was 30 SLE? I gues it stands for Super Limited (to how many we can sell) Edition.

They very quietly increased it to 80 when they saw the demand. They are claiming its 30 years of stern and 50 years of batman or some other nonsense to justify it.

Rumor is that all SLE buyers get a WWELE to help justify the price increase.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

The only NIB pin I could realistically see myself buying is Medieval Madness remake. For the price of a new pin I could get two just as good for the same price or cheaper.

18 months ago we all thought the remakes were crazy priced, stern, JJP, and Dutch are starting to make them seem like a bargain.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I frequent a Disneyland forum.
Everyone is always complaining about price increases at Disneyland and how they won't be able to go anymore.
Meanwhile they keep selling out the park and making millions of dollars.
Seems like the same sort of complaining exists here.
People desire something. That thing becomes too expensive for them. They vent their frustrations on some random website.
Meanwhile manufacturers keep on selling games and making more money.
In both situations the marketplace is working perfectly. Pinball prices will adjust when manufacturers aren't making the profits they need.
Have we reached the point where the marketplace rejects the pricing/product and manufacturers have to respond? Only time will tell. Obviously they've been doing okay selling ever more expensive games over the past few years.

I'm sure there are some definite similarities. In my case I wouldn't say that I particularly desire their product at all anymore. I can afford them, I just don't think they are worth the price increase and see no value in the purchase anymore. Add in the constant QC issues and it seems like you are not getting more for your money. Disney at least seems to constantly invest back in to making it bigger and better.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Well, i dont even care about never games since i know i will never be able to afford such loads of cash just for a pinball.
Maybe some 20 years from now when maybe you can find "barn-find" Ghostbusters for 300

You might want to start your search in my barn. That's were I feeling like putting GB at the moment.

#45 7 years ago

So after about 3 hrs of work I have gotten GB at least playing correctly. Slimmer needed adjusting, 4 switches were not registering, right ramp could not be made, ball would go halfway up and stop, one target was not registering hits, plunger and auto plunge were hitting stay puff and not making the orbit. Still getting a pile of air balls and balls jumping over the ball guides but at least everything works now. Going to update the code and try to take a fresh look at playing it.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Try hitting some shots or drinking more beer. You sound like a victim of using water as a beverage.

People use water as a beverage?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-else-is-feeling-fed-up-with-pricing-and-average-games?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.