(Topic ID: 171067)

Who else is feeling fed up with pricing and average games?

By jgentry

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mad-as-hell-howard-beal1-network-credit-soshable-posted-MastheadBlog-MHProNews-com- (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marty_Graw77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Who else feels like pinball manufactures are giving us less and asking for more? I'm normally excited for game reveals but I honestly could care less about any of them this week. We have what stern has priced as their masterpiece which is nothing more then a Dark Knight reskin with some tweaks. Apparently not designing a new game is more expensive then designing one. Possibly the most bloated over priced game ever made. We have a strange "Dialed In" which may end up being a good game but is certainly an odd choice that turns me off and is way over priced at 9K. Alien looks OK if it can be delivered at the original price point. Apparently Aerosmith is next for stern which is another big miss.
I got my GB premium this week, paid for it in March. Another price increase and a longer wait for the game then ever. I have played it 5 times so far. I have to say that I have never played a game with as many air balls and just overall design flaws as this game has. My initial feeling is that I F'ing hate this game. Shots are not smooth, code is not intuitive, balls jump the inlanes, left ramp creates crazy airballs, etc. Last night while watching the JJP feed I looked up at GB and thought "You could be a Centaur and a Congo you piece of shit". Then I saw the sheet pulled off the new game and all I could think was I play pinball to get away from that crap, why is there a phone ringing constantly?
My hard cap is 8K for any NIB game and it is going to have to offer a lot more going forward then what is currently coming out. I would guess by 2017 that will only leave stern pro's and Spooky games in that range. I can't help but look at my WH20 and think how it shoots like butter and then look at GB and think what the hell happened. Until someone can deliver a game that shoots smooth, has fun shots, good code, a complete sound package, etc they won't get my money ever again. There's enough early ss games and good DmD games for half the price to keep me busy for the rest of my life. I can have just as much fun on EBD, Fathom, Flash Gordon, WH2O, TS, etc for much cheaper. So why are any of us spending 10K on a game? Can you get 7K more in fun out of it then you can a 3K game? I certainly cannot.
Now everyone get the F off my lawn!!!!!!!!!!!!

mad-as-hell-howard-beal1-network-credit-soshable-posted-MastheadBlog-MHProNews-com- (resized).jpgmad-as-hell-howard-beal1-network-credit-soshable-posted-MastheadBlog-MHProNews-com- (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marty_Graw77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-else-is-feeling-fed-up-with-pricing-and-average-games?tu=Marty_Graw77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.