(Topic ID: 250618)

Who else is fed up with the summer heat/humidity?

By JohnnyPinball007

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Am I just getting old or is it really hotter than it used to be?”

• Yes, it is hot as hell now where I am also 17 votes
      20%
    • No, about the same the last several years 29 votes
      33%
    • It was always like this, we are all just getting old 32 votes
      37%
    • chill out, I am tired of your polls 9 votes
      10%

(Multiple choice - 87 votes by 81 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191005_171526 (resized).jpg
    20191005_174841 (resized).jpg
    20191006-SugarManTriathlon2019 (resized).jpg
    FcK-Cn.gif
    46658159-E167-4DB0-8215-DD82EA47E90B (resized).jpeg
    Arizona_Temps (resized).jpg
    56DE46E8-66CA-4543-9DF4-0285DCB8E4D5.png
    Screenshot_20190906-141558 (resized).png
    2F2C9D4F-6D77-4226-B13F-E45D078333D6 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    KABC-7DAY_LA_w450 (resized).jpg
    2ED667DD-3DFE-40DD-9528-923AC5DDAAF0 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 4 years ago

Relatively mild compared to the 115 degrees we were getting last year. And several before that.

Doesn't bother me one bit. I moved 5000 lbs of gravel in the midday near 100 degree humid heat this last weekend and sweated buckets. It's healthy and keeps me young.

Looks like it's ready to cool down a bit.

Anytime someone complains about the heat all I can say is you'll miss it when it gets cold in the winter, then you can complain about that.
    KABC-7DAY_LA_w450 (resized).jpgKABC-7DAY_LA_w450 (resized).jpg

#46 4 years ago

We don't get the worst winters, but I'm just happy to be alive, healthy, and productive whether it's cold or hot. That being said, October is usually my favorite month weather wise in So Cal.

#48 4 years ago

Let's just say I'd rather shovel gravel in 100 degree humidity than 30 degree below zero snow. Although I don't really know what that must be like.

#52 4 years ago

When I was in Florida they had a saying, it's not the heat, it's the stupidity. Anyway we get plenty of that out here too.

#54 4 years ago

I'll take the summer humidity over the hot dry winter Santa Ana winds.

If it isn't enough everybody and their brother has a super loud leaf blower these days, those winds blow shit everywhere. And after a week, your hands are toast and your lips are bleeding because it is so dry.

#57 4 years ago

Haha! Love this guy's comment!

"There is no excuse for being a leaf blowing douche bag"

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

I think its going to get worse with climate change.

Climate change is a myth unless you consider that it's always happened.

How many ice ages have there been so far?

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Believe what you want.

Don't you believe the ice ages happened? I suppose you don't believe in dinosaurs either.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nickson:

i work outside... the weather is great!

Me too!

The only thing that sucks on a perfect near 100 degree day like today, is going into that 65 degree air conditioned office to deal with customers. In and out, in and out...

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nickson:

ya same with me, what do you do?

Adjust I guess.

I work at a smog check shop where when you open the hood, the surrounding area is now 120- 150 degrees minimum.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nickson:

i push shopping carts

At least we both have aspiring careers that are worth perspiring for.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

There is all manners of reputable scientific proof that the last ice age is ending. And at an excelerated rate.
    Is it a natural cycle of the earth and sun? Or is it humans that are speeding it up?

If humans are involved with it speeding up, which many indicators point to, it isn't much different than when a natural event like an asteroid hitting the planet might have caused climate change in the past. The earth will probably heal itself like it always has one way or another. If we become too much a nuisance, it will get rid of us.

Meanwhile I'm still sweating...

#86 4 years ago

Man thinks he's so big in the picture. But he is only a spec of dust or an insect in the real picture. We probably didn't even come from here in the first place, but that is for a whole nuther discussion.

#88 4 years ago

Reason I say that is if we were one of Earth's natural inhabitants, we would probably treat this planet a whole lot better and act a whole lot differently.

I do believe part of our makeup came from here though. It's the other part that still remains a mystery.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

I like the idea that the planet is just one big experiment and other intelligent life put us here to see how things would evolve. It makes sense from a scientific point of view. That is what we would do if we had the capabilities.

There is a lot of evidence that this planet was visited by beings from another world that perhaps bred with early man and thus the missing link. Or as Devo so intelligently stated "God made man, but he used a monkey to do it"

Edit- no religious overtones meant

#96 4 years ago

Fox news has always had a problem getting some of their facts straight.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Humidity? What does it get up to out there? Like 30% maybe?

100% humidity when it rains. They can say 80% and it almost feels like Florida. It's just that once fall kicks in, the direction the weather is coming from goes from off the ocean 180 degrees to off the desert. So we end up with way more dry days during the winter when it's not raining. Dry as a bone some days. Those dry winds make a mess out of everything. Ripped my 10' driveway gate right off last year. You gotta watch the trees to, because they get ripped right out of the ground.

That's why the heavy humidity we've been having, I'm going to enjoy until its gone. Dry lips and dry hands is no fun. But I won't miss the bugs. We're starting to cool off a bit finally.

The other thing about dry Santa Ana conditions is it electrically charges the air. So at work, every thing I touch sends out a big zap.
    Like rubbing your shoes on carpet, but way more shocking. I try to get used to it.

#105 4 years ago

I found this cute Santa Ana Wind gif. Lets just say I'm not looking forward to them. But when I was little and we had ripping ones one Christmas day. I rode my new bike one way without pedaling. Going back the other way took some work.

FcK-Cn.gifFcK-Cn.gif
    9 months later
    #111 3 years ago

Been hot as hades the last couple days in So Cal hovering around 100. Dry though. Very Dry. Didn't get shit done today. That's OK as long as they keep paying me.

Supposed to cool off soon...

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

It was 39F degrees yesterday morning at my house.

I'll trade you for our 100F degrees now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-else-is-fed-up-with-the-summer-heat-humidity?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.