(Topic ID: 250618)

Who else is fed up with the summer heat/humidity?

By JohnnyPinball007

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Am I just getting old or is it really hotter than it used to be?”

• Yes, it is hot as hell now where I am also 17 votes
      20%
    • No, about the same the last several years 29 votes
      33%
    • It was always like this, we are all just getting old 32 votes
      37%
    • chill out, I am tired of your polls 9 votes
      10%

(Multiple choice - 87 votes by 81 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191005_171526 (resized).jpg
    20191005_174841 (resized).jpg
    20191006-SugarManTriathlon2019 (resized).jpg
    FcK-Cn.gif
    46658159-E167-4DB0-8215-DD82EA47E90B (resized).jpeg
    Arizona_Temps (resized).jpg
    56DE46E8-66CA-4543-9DF4-0285DCB8E4D5.png
    Screenshot_20190906-141558 (resized).png
    2F2C9D4F-6D77-4226-B13F-E45D078333D6 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    KABC-7DAY_LA_w450 (resized).jpg
    2ED667DD-3DFE-40DD-9528-923AC5DDAAF0 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukyduck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I work outdoors a lot and love it most of the year, but this summer heat and humidity is getting old now. NFL soon and college football already going on and damn it is too hot. 10 days ago I looked at the next 10 day forecast and it said 86 highs soon. Now I look again and like 93 and 95 crap for the next 10 days.
    I am ready for some WINTER here! Luckily it does not snow much here, but I would rather deal with more of that than these endless Summers anymore.

This is why I have no desire to live in the south. I lived in the south for many years and hate the excessive humidity and heat.

Now I live in Colorado. Winters are not as bad as people imagine.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Shshhhhh don’t tell them our secrets! We don’t need more people moving here

Yeah I thought about my post before I sent it. But...the zombie horde is already heading our direction. I already have my plans to head to another oasis if things get to crazy here. Take my money and run while hauling pins along for the ride!

#21 4 years ago

Let me correct my previous post...the winters in CO are horrible. Sub zero temperatures, snow so high above the door you get stuck inside until spring arrives. Then your pin breaks and are unable to get parts for it because the mail man no longer delivers in our horrible weather. Even FEDEX and UPS gave up deliveries. Amazon chose to put there head quarters somewhere else because of the bad weather. Spring does not even arrive until July. Summers are also horrible. We get swarmed with tourists with their 5th wheels and boats and campers. It’s like grid lock. I recommend stay where you are and appreciate what you have!

LOL...I am just glad that I was able to sneak in across the state line.

#39 4 years ago

BINGO! you get my point. Damn for years after a brutal July and August as soon as Labor Day came around we would get a little relief with maybe 64 lows and 85 highs. And 10 days ago that was the forecast! Now all of a sudden all forecasts for the next 10 days went up by 10 degrees….NO!
    A lot of the work I do is outdoors, so yes I am not happy with this prolonged heat.
    It is very interesting to also read all the posts about how cold it is where you are, keep those up, and PLEASE send some of that down my way.

I would be happy to send some your way when we can get out of the 90’s.

#51 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's actually quite lovely in NYC today.
    So quit yer bitching!

Yeah, until your power goes out. Then all those buildings without windows that open become sweat boxes. Hopefully, you don’t have to deal with that often.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

HA, I only use mine in the winter to blow the snow off my truck!

That works great when you get the champagne (dry) powder! People out here use one to clear their driveway also.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

hehehe....you guys are adorable.
    Read that heat index. Not the temperature....the heat index. Feels like 128. And that was June - before the "hot days" of July and August.
    [quoted image]

I have friends and coworkers who live in FL. They love it. Me, I have lived in the south and realized that I do not like the 100+ temps and high humidity.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Local news says we are going to cool off to mid 90’s next week. To cool off we have to hit our hottest temperatures of this year.[quoted image]

Ouch! Plus your humidity! Glad I don’t live there anymore. Too hot and humid for me. Lived there back in the early 90’s and made it through hurricane Andrew.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Woke up to 40 degrees this morning!

Well, that’s equal to LA, if you are using Celsius!

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If humans are involved with it speeding up, which many indicators point to, it isn't much different than when a natural event like an asteroid hitting the planet might have caused climate change in the past. The earth will probably heal itself like it always has one way or another. If we become too much a nuisance, it will get rid of us.
    Meanwhile I'm still sweating...

As a famous professor once said...everything that is extinct now was once alive. And everything that is alive now, will someday be extinct. It is inevitable. We are currently stuck on this fabulous blue planet. The question that remains is, will a natural event kill humans off or will we be the first species to kill ourselves off. Only time will tell.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Man thinks he's so big in the picture. But he is only a spec of dust or an insect in the real picture. We probably didn't even come from here in the first place, but that is for a whole nuther discussion.

If you not seen this video, then you should. I recommend streaming it to a big screen. I believe this is his latest work.

#89 4 years ago

I like the idea that the planet is just one big experiment and other intelligent life put us here to see how things would evolve. It makes sense from a scientific point of view. That is what we would do if we had the capabilities.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Smith:

Think it was March this year that we got 4 inches of snow here in Las Vegas... at least now it's back to a comfortable 101-105

Yeah, it’s those 110 and up temps that get hot. And it’s a dry heat!

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

Figured it was time to dust this one off again.[quoted image]

I am confused. What do they 4 digit numbers mean next to what looks like city names? I don’t think I have ever seen anything like it before.

#99 4 years ago

I think it was a joke about the end of the world Mayan calendar ending a few years ago.

Oh, that’s right. I seam to remember all kind of jokes about it.

4 weeks later
    #108 4 years ago

Snow is coming for us Thursday!

8 months later
    #112 3 years ago

Last Winter I never had any snow on the ground at my house, and just a few flakes in the air from time to time. And it was awesome!
    I hate snow, I hate the way that after about 2 days of looking at it I get depressed.
    I just wish the temperature could stay that way.
    I work outdoors, and the last 2 days the humidity was so bad my clothes were soaked in sweat in 30 minutes, and I was not even working too hard.
    A tad of good news though, last year was rough and we were in the 90's here at this time, this year is being a little cooler.
    And because I watched Gold Rush: Parkers Trail, man I feel sorry for the people in Australia, you guys had a very rough Summer(while it was our Winter here).
    I do not wish snow on anyone, but I hope somehow this year can be a lot cooler than last year.
    The last 2 days were rough. and it was hard to stay hydrated. I did the best I could and still had some dehydrated cramps that were pretty painful at the end of the day.

It was 39F degrees yesterday morning at my house.

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'll trade you for our 100F degrees now.

I’ll pass this time! It was 70 today for the high. We will be back in the 80’s later this week.

Spent way too much of my life living in triple digit weather. The Middle East is crazy hot! And humid.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukyduck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-else-is-fed-up-with-the-summer-heat-humidity?tu=lukyduck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.