(Topic ID: 250618)

Who else is fed up with the summer heat/humidity?

By JohnnyPinball007

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Am I just getting old or is it really hotter than it used to be?”

• Yes, it is hot as hell now where I am also 17 votes
      20%
    • No, about the same the last several years 29 votes
      33%
    • It was always like this, we are all just getting old 32 votes
      37%
    • chill out, I am tired of your polls 9 votes
      10%

(Multiple choice - 87 votes by 81 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191005_171526 (resized).jpg
    20191005_174841 (resized).jpg
    20191006-SugarManTriathlon2019 (resized).jpg
    FcK-Cn.gif
    46658159-E167-4DB0-8215-DD82EA47E90B (resized).jpeg
    Arizona_Temps (resized).jpg
    56DE46E8-66CA-4543-9DF4-0285DCB8E4D5.png
    Screenshot_20190906-141558 (resized).png
    2F2C9D4F-6D77-4226-B13F-E45D078333D6 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    KABC-7DAY_LA_w450 (resized).jpg
    2ED667DD-3DFE-40DD-9528-923AC5DDAAF0 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I work outdoors a lot and love it most of the year, but this summer heat and humidity is getting old now. NFL soon and college football already going on and damn it is too hot. 10 days ago I looked at the next 10 day forecast and it said 86 highs soon. Now I look again and like 93 and 95 crap for the next 10 days.

I am ready for some WINTER here! Luckily it does not snow much here, but I would rather deal with more of that than these endless Summers anymore.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Oh yeah, figured you didn't live in the PNW. Ha, that's not how we think over here.

I know you have some great weather, and try to hide it and keep crowds out by saying it rains a lot.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

That's why pinball's so popular out here: it's raining all the time!

Not!

While on a trip in Texas once I met a couple from Seattle, and I know the secrets and how awesome you guys have it there.

#26 4 years ago

I have enjoyed reading all these posts. Yeah, I am so glad to not deal with snow much, but the older I get I think I could deal with that more than the summers here that start earlier and last longer. It is almost like just 2 seasons here anymore, a colder than normal winter, and a hotter than normal summer. Here we really do not even have a spring or fall anymore. I do remember back in the 1970's when I was a kid the whole summer was very hot, but as a kid it did not bother me.

Part of my work is outdoors, and the older I get I can not handle the heat/humidity. At the same time last winter was the coldest ever I had worked outdoors in, and a pair of wool socks and some better gloves fixed that, I was fine. I can add enough clothes to stay warm, but I can not take enough off to stay cool.

And 10 days ago when I looked at the 10 day forecast it said now it is supposed to be 86...and that is ok. Now, it is not the 86 predicted, 91 instead, and next few days 94, 95, 93, etc. For this time of year if it could just be a little cooler like it is supposed to be I would be happy.

This really just looks like another year when the summer lasts all the way through fall, then a cold ass winter with no spring, then another hot ass humid summer. It is getting old. I am too I guess.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

When did this start bleeding over into September?

BINGO! you get my point. Damn for years after a brutal July and August as soon as Labor Day came around we would get a little relief with maybe 64 lows and 85 highs. And 10 days ago that was the forecast! Now all of a sudden all forecasts for the next 10 days went up by 10 degrees….NO!

A lot of the work I do is outdoors, so yes I am not happy with this prolonged heat.

It is very interesting to also read all the posts about how cold it is where you are, keep those up, and PLEASE send some of that down my way.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

I would be happy to send some your way when we can get out of the 90’s.

You are so lucky, that is the 10 day I was hoping for. Yeah, you have 2 more days of 90's, but just look at all the 80's the other 8 days. And a little chance of rain also, damn we need some rain here way too dry.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

We had -49 here with the windchill this past winter. Brrrrrrrrrrrr...

Please send a little of that way down south, but not quite that much.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Anytime someone complains about the heat all I can say is you'll miss it when it gets cold in the winter, then you can complain about that.

I have never complained about winter. At most I just have to warm my hands a few minutes before I get back out and work a few more hours. Below 22 is getting bad, but it does not get that cold here often.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'd rather shovel gravel in 100 degree humidity

Working outside 45 is the absolute best for me. Light jacket for that. If not working 75 is fine. I start getting a tad too cold under 22, and too hot period above 82. Right now I am just wishing for 80's for this time of year. By no means am I wishing winter, just tired of 90's.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

February always feels like the longest month of the year.

February is my favorite month. Nice and cool and I get rent checks again a couple days sooner.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I work at a smog check shop where when you open the hood, the surrounding area is now 120- 150 degrees minimum.

About 50 days a year I am kind of like the show Ax Men carrying a heavy ass chain saw up and down hills cutting trees. Some of that is coming up and the main reason I want these damn 90's out of here. I almost died last summer I got so dehydrated I was so cramped and in pain I could not move. And I was trying to drink plenty of water the whole time.

About 40 days a year I am in a open trench 10 to 30 feet underground... that is sweet, always like 58 degrees that far down, so cool in Summer, and warm in Winter. A tad dangerous, even with all the safety stuff a cave in that could get me is never far away.

Anyway, when it is this hot I have found water alone does not take care of me, I will cramp like hell and get in very bad shape. Now anytime I start sweating I drink Gatorade, some days about 250 ounces total, along with another 200 ounces of water, and I am fine and don't get cramped up.

And my whole bitching is just that it should be 86 for the time of year, and these damn 96 and 94 crap will not go away.

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from JFink8222:

when the high is 75.

I can't wait for some 75 or lower high temps.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

I am confused. What do they 4 digit numbers mean next to what looks like city names? I don’t think I have ever seen anything like it before.

I think it was a joke about the end of the world Mayan calendar ending a few years ago.

4 weeks later
    #107 4 years ago

Last Friday was the last of the worst of it here. We set new all time highs for the month of October.

8 months later
    #110 3 years ago

Last Winter I never had any snow on the ground at my house, and just a few flakes in the air from time to time. And it was awesome!

I hate snow, I hate the way that after about 2 days of looking at it I get depressed.

I just wish the temperature could stay that way.

I work outdoors, and the last 2 days the humidity was so bad my clothes were soaked in sweat in 30 minutes, and I was not even working too hard.

A tad of good news though, last year was rough and we were in the 90's here at this time, this year is being a little cooler.

And because I watched Gold Rush: Parkers Trail, man I feel sorry for the people in Australia, you guys had a very rough Summer(while it was our Winter here).

I do not wish snow on anyone, but I hope somehow this year can be a lot cooler than last year.

The last 2 days were rough. and it was hard to stay hydrated. I did the best I could and still had some dehydrated cramps that were pretty painful at the end of the day.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-else-is-fed-up-with-the-summer-heat-humidity?tu=JohnnyPinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.