(Topic ID: 250618)

Who else is fed up with the summer heat/humidity?

By JohnnyPinball007

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Am I just getting old or is it really hotter than it used to be?”

• Yes, it is hot as hell now where I am also 17 votes
      20%
    • No, about the same the last several years 29 votes
      33%
    • It was always like this, we are all just getting old 32 votes
      37%
    • chill out, I am tired of your polls 9 votes
      10%

(Multiple choice - 87 votes by 81 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191005_171526 (resized).jpg
    20191005_174841 (resized).jpg
    20191006-SugarManTriathlon2019 (resized).jpg
    FcK-Cn.gif
    46658159-E167-4DB0-8215-DD82EA47E90B (resized).jpeg
    Arizona_Temps (resized).jpg
    56DE46E8-66CA-4543-9DF4-0285DCB8E4D5.png
    Screenshot_20190906-141558 (resized).png
    2F2C9D4F-6D77-4226-B13F-E45D078333D6 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    KABC-7DAY_LA_w450 (resized).jpg
    2ED667DD-3DFE-40DD-9528-923AC5DDAAF0 (resized).png
    There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

I work outdoors a lot and love it most of the year, but this summer heat and humidity is getting old now. NFL soon and college football already going on and damn it is too hot. 10 days ago I looked at the next 10 day forecast and it said 86 highs soon. Now I look again and like 93 and 95 crap for the next 10 days.

I am ready for some WINTER here! Luckily it does not snow much here, but I would rather deal with more of that than these endless Summers anymore.

#2 4 years ago

Oh yeah, figured you didn't live in the PNW. Ha, that's not how we think over here.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Oh yeah, figured you didn't live in the PNW. Ha, that's not how we think over here.

I know you have some great weather, and try to hide it and keep crowds out by saying it rains a lot.

#4 4 years ago

That's why pinball's so popular out here: it's raining all the time!

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

That's why pinball's so popular out here: it's raining all the time!

Not!

While on a trip in Texas once I met a couple from Seattle, and I know the secrets and how awesome you guys have it there.

#6 4 years ago

L.A. Was a lot hotter last summer. This summer hasn’t been so bad.

#7 4 years ago

This summer more or less sucked here in Sweden, lots of rain and low temperatures. I would gladly take some of your heat.

#8 4 years ago

I install residential air conditioners as well as service them. It has been a very wet and humid summer.

#9 4 years ago

It has been very hot and humid this year in southern Ohio but I'll be honest, I'd rather have the heat than snow or even cold weather. I just can't stand winter, it depresses me, cold, lifeless, with more hours of darkness than light..

#10 4 years ago

Even Alaska has been hot this summer. Luckily we are mostly out of it now. Low 40s when I wake up and about 60 at it's peak. Perfect temps for now.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I work outdoors a lot and love it most of the year, but this summer heat and humidity is getting old now. NFL soon and college football already going on and damn it is too hot. 10 days ago I looked at the next 10 day forecast and it said 86 highs soon. Now I look again and like 93 and 95 crap for the next 10 days.
    I am ready for some WINTER here! Luckily it does not snow much here, but I would rather deal with more of that than these endless Summers anymore.

This is why I have no desire to live in the south. I lived in the south for many years and hate the excessive humidity and heat.

Now I live in Colorado. Winters are not as bad as people imagine.

#12 4 years ago

Hot summer up here for sure. I think it's finally coming out of it now.

#13 4 years ago

Nothing but rain this summer. Our hottest month of "summer" was May. Like wtf is that about?

#14 4 years ago

Global climate change is fake news

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Our hottest month of "summer" was May. Like wtf is that about?

Yeah that's a weird one

#16 4 years ago

Some of you are lucky enough to be able to set up game rooms in the garage. Too hot and too humid in the South to do that. Everything would end up covered in rust.

#17 4 years ago

I would like your high of 93!

It's been 100 plus for more than a month, with humidity around 110

It's rained exactly once this Entire summer!

Remember a few weeks ago they said we were getting a cold front.....the high was 98, 105 with humidity

But being originally from the Cincinnati area
    I'll take it over the damn winter!

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

This is why I have no desire to live in the south. I lived in the south for many years and hate the excessive humidity and heat.
    Now I live in Colorado. Winters are not as bad as people imagine.

Shshhhhh don’t tell them our secrets! We don’t need more people moving here

#19 4 years ago

We had hot stretches in Rhode Island this summer, definitely more than last summer. However, we did a trip to Myrtle Beach, SC in August and oh my, it’s like punishingly hot. Humidity to the max and above 90 every day. Made me grateful for New England even with our tough winters.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Shshhhhh don’t tell them our secrets! We don’t need more people moving here

Yeah I thought about my post before I sent it. But...the zombie horde is already heading our direction. I already have my plans to head to another oasis if things get to crazy here. Take my money and run while hauling pins along for the ride!

#21 4 years ago

Let me correct my previous post...the winters in CO are horrible. Sub zero temperatures, snow so high above the door you get stuck inside until spring arrives. Then your pin breaks and are unable to get parts for it because the mail man no longer delivers in our horrible weather. Even FEDEX and UPS gave up deliveries. Amazon chose to put there head quarters somewhere else because of the bad weather. Spring does not even arrive until July. Summers are also horrible. We get swarmed with tourists with their 5th wheels and boats and campers. It’s like grid lock. I recommend stay where you are and appreciate what you have!

LOL...I am just glad that I was able to sneak in across the state line.

#22 4 years ago

I live in Ontario Canada...I hate the winter, I am not built for it like some Canadians. I will never ever complain about heat and humidity...it's overcast and chilly or cold and sometimes snowy here at least half the year. Like something out of a zombie movie.

#23 4 years ago

I say you get to bitch about ONE season only, as a fellow from Saskatchewan, I choose to complain about winter whole heartedly. I will not bitch about the heat.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I say you get to bitch about ONE season only, as a fellow from Saskatchewan, I choose to complain about winter whole heartedly. I will not bitch about the heat.

Just curious, how cold does it get there at it's lowest point? Farenheit

#25 4 years ago

I was fed up with it in May 70 max high in summer would be great. Love the snow (when we get it lol)

#26 4 years ago

I have enjoyed reading all these posts. Yeah, I am so glad to not deal with snow much, but the older I get I think I could deal with that more than the summers here that start earlier and last longer. It is almost like just 2 seasons here anymore, a colder than normal winter, and a hotter than normal summer. Here we really do not even have a spring or fall anymore. I do remember back in the 1970's when I was a kid the whole summer was very hot, but as a kid it did not bother me.

Part of my work is outdoors, and the older I get I can not handle the heat/humidity. At the same time last winter was the coldest ever I had worked outdoors in, and a pair of wool socks and some better gloves fixed that, I was fine. I can add enough clothes to stay warm, but I can not take enough off to stay cool.

And 10 days ago when I looked at the 10 day forecast it said now it is supposed to be 86...and that is ok. Now, it is not the 86 predicted, 91 instead, and next few days 94, 95, 93, etc. For this time of year if it could just be a little cooler like it is supposed to be I would be happy.

This really just looks like another year when the summer lasts all the way through fall, then a cold ass winter with no spring, then another hot ass humid summer. It is getting old. I am too I guess.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Nothing but rain this summer. Our hottest month of "summer" was May. Like wtf is that about?

Lots of rain. Not dry, and hot at all. My yard by September is usually brown, currently it is green and still growing.

#28 4 years ago

The hotter the better, the drier the better. It’s great for the ice cream business! I’ll NEVER complain about heat!

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballOsp:

Global climate change is fake news

Right on!

Also the world is flat, and gravity is a scam cooked up by the illuminati!

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Just curious, how cold does it get there at it's lowest point? Farenheit

In an avg year, probably one or two maybe down to -40F and then a handful of about -22 F days.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

But being originally from the Cincinnati area
    I'll take it over the damn winter!

Agree. Summer beats the livin' crap out of Winter anytime. The worst thing about Winter are the short daylight hours.

#32 4 years ago

It won't cool off here until November, if then. It's still warm Halloween time. And we don't really have a fall. It'll be unseasonably warm and then brutally cold, for a little while. Al Gore doesn't know squat. I do like seeing yankees sweat down here.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

It won't cool off here until November, if then. It's still warm Halloween time. And we don't really have a fall. It'll be unseasonably warm and then brutally cold, for a little while. Al Gore doesn't know squat. I do like seeing yankees sweat down here.

Where's "here?" South of the Mason-Dixon line I presume

#34 4 years ago

Here in Texas... 100F for the next few days... I guess I won't tidy up my garage this week

#35 4 years ago

We always say if you think it’s hot in July wait until August. The local news this morning shows we are going to have some of our hottest days of the summer this week. When did this start bleeding over into September?

2ED667DD-3DFE-40DD-9528-923AC5DDAAF0 (resized).png2ED667DD-3DFE-40DD-9528-923AC5DDAAF0 (resized).png
    #36 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

In an avg year, probably one or two maybe down to -40F and then a handful of about -22 F days.

Dang. We hit -25 once in a while but -40 is cold. About -15 to -20 you feel the nose hairs freeze frome breathing.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

We always get at least 1 snowfall before Halloween.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

When did this start bleeding over into September?

BINGO! you get my point. Damn for years after a brutal July and August as soon as Labor Day came around we would get a little relief with maybe 64 lows and 85 highs. And 10 days ago that was the forecast! Now all of a sudden all forecasts for the next 10 days went up by 10 degrees….NO!

A lot of the work I do is outdoors, so yes I am not happy with this prolonged heat.

It is very interesting to also read all the posts about how cold it is where you are, keep those up, and PLEASE send some of that down my way.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

BINGO! you get my point. Damn for years after a brutal July and August as soon as Labor Day came around we would get a little relief with maybe 64 lows and 85 highs. And 10 days ago that was the forecast! Now all of a sudden all forecasts for the next 10 days went up by 10 degrees….NO!
    A lot of the work I do is outdoors, so yes I am not happy with this prolonged heat.
    It is very interesting to also read all the posts about how cold it is where you are, keep those up, and PLEASE send some of that down my way.

I would be happy to send some your way when we can get out of the 90’s.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

I would be happy to send some your way when we can get out of the 90’s.

You are so lucky, that is the 10 day I was hoping for. Yeah, you have 2 more days of 90's, but just look at all the 80's the other 8 days. And a little chance of rain also, damn we need some rain here way too dry.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Dang. We hit -25 once in a while but -40 is cold. About -15 to -20 you feel the nose hairs freeze frome breathing.

We had -49 here with the windchill this past winter. Brrrrrrrrrrrr...

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

We had -49 here with the windchill this past winter. Brrrrrrrrrrrr...

Please send a little of that way down south, but not quite that much.

#43 4 years ago

Very lousy summer in MN this year. We only had like 1 or 2 reported days in the 80s for the month of August. Which is absolutely unheard of. Pretty sad that September is already here and the snow and cold weather not too far behind. I don't know about anyone else in this area but I feel pretty cheated with the summer weather especially after having nearly 4 ft of snow in April still in the yard.

#44 4 years ago

Relatively mild compared to the 115 degrees we were getting last year. And several before that.

Doesn't bother me one bit. I moved 5000 lbs of gravel in the midday near 100 degree humid heat this last weekend and sweated buckets. It's healthy and keeps me young.

Looks like it's ready to cool down a bit.

Anytime someone complains about the heat all I can say is you'll miss it when it gets cold in the winter, then you can complain about that.
    KABC-7DAY_LA_w450 (resized).jpgKABC-7DAY_LA_w450 (resized).jpg

#45 4 years ago

I expected to see a bunch of people begging for winter in this thread, happy to be wrong! I despise the winter, I even dislike fall because it reminds me winter is coming. Summer is the best. I will take sweat over shivering 100 times out of 100. The shorter days send me into a depression.

#46 4 years ago

We don't get the worst winters, but I'm just happy to be alive, healthy, and productive whether it's cold or hot. That being said, October is usually my favorite month weather wise in So Cal.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Anytime someone complains about the heat all I can say is you'll miss it when it gets cold in the winter, then you can complain about that.

I have never complained about winter. At most I just have to warm my hands a few minutes before I get back out and work a few more hours. Below 22 is getting bad, but it does not get that cold here often.

#48 4 years ago

Let's just say I'd rather shovel gravel in 100 degree humidity than 30 degree below zero snow. Although I don't really know what that must be like.

#49 4 years ago

It's actually quite lovely in NYC today.

So quit yer bitching!

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'd rather shovel gravel in 100 degree humidity

Working outside 45 is the absolute best for me. Light jacket for that. If not working 75 is fine. I start getting a tad too cold under 22, and too hot period above 82. Right now I am just wishing for 80's for this time of year. By no means am I wishing winter, just tired of 90's.

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-else-is-fed-up-with-the-summer-heat-humidity?hl=flippinjimmy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.