(Topic ID: 250618)

Who else is fed up with the summer heat/humidity?

By JohnnyPinball007

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Am I just getting old or is it really hotter than it used to be?”

• Yes, it is hot as hell now where I am also 17 votes
      20%
    • No, about the same the last several years 29 votes
      33%
    • It was always like this, we are all just getting old 32 votes
      37%
    • chill out, I am tired of your polls 9 votes
      10%

(Multiple choice - 87 votes by 81 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191005_171526 (resized).jpg
    20191005_174841 (resized).jpg
    20191006-SugarManTriathlon2019 (resized).jpg
    FcK-Cn.gif
    46658159-E167-4DB0-8215-DD82EA47E90B (resized).jpeg
    Arizona_Temps (resized).jpg
    56DE46E8-66CA-4543-9DF4-0285DCB8E4D5.png
    Screenshot_20190906-141558 (resized).png
    2F2C9D4F-6D77-4226-B13F-E45D078333D6 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    KABC-7DAY_LA_w450 (resized).jpg
    2ED667DD-3DFE-40DD-9528-923AC5DDAAF0 (resized).png
    There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'll take the summer humidity over the hot dry winter Santa Ana winds.
    If it isn't enough everybody and their brother has a super loud leaf blower these days, those winds blow shit everywhere. And after a week, your hands are toast and your lips are bleeding because it is so dry.

Humidity? What does it get up to out there? Like 30% maybe?

#102 4 years ago

I live in Central FL. I own a lawn and landscape company. I service close to 50 properties a week on my own along with irrigation work as well. Yes it has sucked this year. As long as I have my supply of fresh balls I'm good though.. I'm retiring up north...

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Fox news has always had a problem getting some of their facts straight.

We report, you decide...

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Humidity? What does it get up to out there? Like 30% maybe?

100% humidity when it rains. They can say 80% and it almost feels like Florida. It's just that once fall kicks in, the direction the weather is coming from goes from off the ocean 180 degrees to off the desert. So we end up with way more dry days during the winter when it's not raining. Dry as a bone some days. Those dry winds make a mess out of everything. Ripped my 10' driveway gate right off last year. You gotta watch the trees to, because they get ripped right out of the ground.

That's why the heavy humidity we've been having, I'm going to enjoy until its gone. Dry lips and dry hands is no fun. But I won't miss the bugs. We're starting to cool off a bit finally.

The other thing about dry Santa Ana conditions is it electrically charges the air. So at work, every thing I touch sends out a big zap.
    Like rubbing your shoes on carpet, but way more shocking. I try to get used to it.

#105 4 years ago

I found this cute Santa Ana Wind gif. Lets just say I'm not looking forward to them. But when I was little and we had ripping ones one Christmas day. I rode my new bike one way without pedaling. Going back the other way took some work.

FcK-Cn.gifFcK-Cn.gif
    4 weeks later
    #106 4 years ago

Anyone still complaing about heat down there? Just wondering as I wake up to ice every morning now.

#107 4 years ago

Last Friday was the last of the worst of it here. We set new all time highs for the month of October.

#108 4 years ago

Snow is coming for us Thursday!

#109 4 years ago

1st day of Autumn 2019 was on Sep 23rd.
    Down here in S Louisiana, it feels like today is more like the beginning of Fall.
    Still running the a/c, but it's not that intense heat that kicks your ass.
    1st week in Oct down here had temps averaging 5 to 10 degr F above historical avgs.
    These pics taken Oct 5th out on the water late afternoon. Things still pretty green outdoors.
    20191005_171526 (resized).jpg20191005_171526 (resized).jpg
    20191005_174841 (resized).jpg20191005_174841 (resized).jpg

Yesterday was the last day in the 90's.
    Here's a pic taken yesterday morning by finish line during Sugar Man Triathlon.
    I help out with on-water safety support during the swim portion of the race.
    20191006-SugarManTriathlon2019 (resized).jpg20191006-SugarManTriathlon2019 (resized).jpg

Forecasts look good going fwd, even cooler next week - mid Oct.
    Ready for camping and hiking weather down here.

8 months later
    #110 3 years ago

Last Winter I never had any snow on the ground at my house, and just a few flakes in the air from time to time. And it was awesome!

I hate snow, I hate the way that after about 2 days of looking at it I get depressed.

I just wish the temperature could stay that way.

I work outdoors, and the last 2 days the humidity was so bad my clothes were soaked in sweat in 30 minutes, and I was not even working too hard.

A tad of good news though, last year was rough and we were in the 90's here at this time, this year is being a little cooler.

And because I watched Gold Rush: Parkers Trail, man I feel sorry for the people in Australia, you guys had a very rough Summer(while it was our Winter here).

I do not wish snow on anyone, but I hope somehow this year can be a lot cooler than last year.

The last 2 days were rough. and it was hard to stay hydrated. I did the best I could and still had some dehydrated cramps that were pretty painful at the end of the day.

#111 3 years ago

Been hot as hades the last couple days in So Cal hovering around 100. Dry though. Very Dry. Didn't get shit done today. That's OK as long as they keep paying me.

Supposed to cool off soon...

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Last Winter I never had any snow on the ground at my house, and just a few flakes in the air from time to time. And it was awesome!
    I hate snow, I hate the way that after about 2 days of looking at it I get depressed.
    I just wish the temperature could stay that way.
    I work outdoors, and the last 2 days the humidity was so bad my clothes were soaked in sweat in 30 minutes, and I was not even working too hard.
    A tad of good news though, last year was rough and we were in the 90's here at this time, this year is being a little cooler.
    And because I watched Gold Rush: Parkers Trail, man I feel sorry for the people in Australia, you guys had a very rough Summer(while it was our Winter here).
    I do not wish snow on anyone, but I hope somehow this year can be a lot cooler than last year.
    The last 2 days were rough. and it was hard to stay hydrated. I did the best I could and still had some dehydrated cramps that were pretty painful at the end of the day.

It was 39F degrees yesterday morning at my house.

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

It was 39F degrees yesterday morning at my house.

I'll trade you for our 100F degrees now.

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'll trade you for our 100F degrees now.

I’ll pass this time! It was 70 today for the high. We will be back in the 80’s later this week.

Spent way too much of my life living in triple digit weather. The Middle East is crazy hot! And humid.

#115 3 years ago

Humidity is great! I’ve been living in it my entire life.

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-else-is-fed-up-with-the-summer-heat-humidity/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.