(Topic ID: 250618)

Who else is fed up with the summer heat/humidity?

By JohnnyPinball007

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Am I just getting old or is it really hotter than it used to be?”

• Yes, it is hot as hell now where I am also 17 votes
      20%
    • No, about the same the last several years 29 votes
      33%
    • It was always like this, we are all just getting old 32 votes
      37%
    • chill out, I am tired of your polls 9 votes
      10%

(Multiple choice - 87 votes by 81 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191005_171526 (resized).jpg
    20191005_174841 (resized).jpg
    20191006-SugarManTriathlon2019 (resized).jpg
    FcK-Cn.gif
    46658159-E167-4DB0-8215-DD82EA47E90B (resized).jpeg
    Arizona_Temps (resized).jpg
    56DE46E8-66CA-4543-9DF4-0285DCB8E4D5.png
    Screenshot_20190906-141558 (resized).png
    2F2C9D4F-6D77-4226-B13F-E45D078333D6 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    KABC-7DAY_LA_w450 (resized).jpg
    2ED667DD-3DFE-40DD-9528-923AC5DDAAF0 (resized).png
    There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's actually quite lovely in NYC today.
    So quit yer bitching!

Yeah, until your power goes out. Then all those buildings without windows that open become sweat boxes. Hopefully, you don’t have to deal with that often.

#52 4 years ago

When I was in Florida they had a saying, it's not the heat, it's the stupidity. Anyway we get plenty of that out here too.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

Yeah, until your power goes out. Then all those buildings without windows that open become sweat boxes. Hopefully, you don’t have to deal with that often.

The one in 2003 was a great party, I had a bunch of friends in the neighborhood, we did a roof cookout and then wandered through times square entertaining all the tourists who were on the street with our guitar and bongo antics.

It was super hot, so I just got really drunk and had no problem getting to sleep around 3 am.

#54 4 years ago

I'll take the summer humidity over the hot dry winter Santa Ana winds.

If it isn't enough everybody and their brother has a super loud leaf blower these days, those winds blow shit everywhere. And after a week, your hands are toast and your lips are bleeding because it is so dry.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Let's just say I'd rather shovel gravel in 100 degree humidity than 30 degree below zero snow. Although I don't really know what that must be like.

It very rarely snows at a temp that low anyway. Just a litle bumpy and rough driving out of driveway with square tires at -35...........seriously.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If it isn't enough everybody and there brother has a super loud leaf blower these days

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Community/Ban-Leaf-Blowers-127067643995637/

#57 4 years ago

Haha! Love this guy's comment!

"There is no excuse for being a leaf blowing douche bag"

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Haha! Love this guy's comment!
    "There is no excuse for being a leaf blowing douche bag"

HA, I only use mine in the winter to blow the snow off my truck!

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

HA, I only use mine in the winter to blow the snow off my truck!

That works great when you get the champagne (dry) powder! People out here use one to clear their driveway also.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

That works great when you get the champagne (dry) powder! People out here use one to clear their driveway also.

Yeah, the old retired fuckers in town here will do their driveway like 5 times a day, so its always blowing a skiff off instead of ever having to shovel, LOL. Older=smarter.

#61 4 years ago

hehehe....you guys are adorable.

Read that heat index. Not the temperature....the heat index. Feels like 128. And that was June - before the "hot days" of July and August.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#62 4 years ago

This summer was brutal however I think its going to get worse with climate change.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

I think its going to get worse with climate change.

Climate change is a myth unless you consider that it's always happened.

How many ice ages have there been so far?

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

hehehe....you guys are adorable.
    Read that heat index. Not the temperature....the heat index. Feels like 128. And that was June - before the "hot days" of July and August.
    [quoted image]

I have friends and coworkers who live in FL. They love it. Me, I have lived in the south and realized that I do not like the 100+ temps and high humidity.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from LargemouthAss:

I even dislike fall because it reminds me winter is coming.

Exactly. Although I can't tolerate the heat like I used to when I was younger, I now enjoy spring the most.

The period between the ending of the Super Bowl until the start of MLB spring training games is the dog days of winter. February always feels like the longest month of the year.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Believe what you want.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Believe what you want.

Don't you believe the ice ages happened? I suppose you don't believe in dinosaurs either.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

February always feels like the longest month of the year.

February is my favorite month. Nice and cool and I get rent checks again a couple days sooner.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Don't you believe the ice ages happened? I suppose you don't believe in dinosaurs either.

You keep being you Odin

#70 4 years ago

Hell no heading down to Mexico for two weeks ...... Eat tacos, drink toquilla, and sweat my balls off.

#71 4 years ago

i work outside... the weather is great!

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nickson:

i work outside... the weather is great!

Me too!

The only thing that sucks on a perfect near 100 degree day like today, is going into that 65 degree air conditioned office to deal with customers. In and out, in and out...

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Me too!
    The only thing that sucks on a perfect near 100 degree day like today, is going into that 65 degree air conditioned office to deal with customers. In and out, in and out...

ya same with me, what do you do?

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nickson:

ya same with me, what do you do?

Adjust I guess.

I work at a smog check shop where when you open the hood, the surrounding area is now 120- 150 degrees minimum.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Adjust I guess.
    I work at a smog check shop where when you open the hood, the surrounding area is now 120- 150 degrees minimum.

i push shopping carts

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nickson:

i push shopping carts

At least we both have aspiring careers that are worth perspiring for.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

About 50 days a year I am kind of like the show Ax Men carrying a heavy ass chain saw up and down hills cutting trees. Some of that is coming up and the main reason I want these damn 90's out of here. I almost died last summer I got so dehydrated I was so cramped and in pain I could not move. And I was trying to drink plenty of water the whole time.

About 40 days a year I am in a open trench 10 to 30 feet underground... that is sweet, always like 58 degrees that far down, so cool in Summer, and warm in Winter. A tad dangerous, even with all the safety stuff a cave in that could get me is never far away.

Anyway, when it is this hot I have found water alone does not take care of me, I will cramp like hell and get in very bad shape. Now anytime I start sweating I drink Gatorade, some days about 250 ounces total, along with another 200 ounces of water, and I am fine and don't get cramped up.

And my whole bitching is just that it should be 86 for the time of year, and these damn 96 and 94 crap will not go away.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

At least we both have aspiring careers that are worth perspiring for.

Ya but I’m still in high school, need to do something to feed this pinball addiction

#79 4 years ago

Local news says we are going to cool off to mid 90’s next week. To cool off we have to hit our hottest temperatures of this year.

2F2C9D4F-6D77-4226-B13F-E45D078333D6 (resized).jpeg2F2C9D4F-6D77-4226-B13F-E45D078333D6 (resized).jpeg
    #80 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Local news says we are going to cool off to mid 90’s next week. To cool off we have to hit our hottest temperatures of this year.[quoted image]

Ouch! Plus your humidity! Glad I don’t live there anymore. Too hot and humid for me. Lived there back in the early 90’s and made it through hurricane Andrew.

#81 4 years ago

Woke up to 40 degrees this morning!

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Woke up to 40 degrees this morning!

Well, that’s equal to LA, if you are using Celsius!

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

There have been at least five major ice ages in the Earth's history (the Huronian, Cryogenian, Andean-Saharan, late Paleozoic, and the latest Quaternary Ice Age). Outside these ages, the Earth seems to have been ice free even in high latitudes.

Climate change is real. It just seems to me that it's a natural occurence. Where do the most populated cities lie? Coastlines.
    Where do storms, and flood waters hit? Coastlines.
    Once all the ice melts what will be affected?
    Coastlines.

There is all manners of reputable scientific proof that the last ice age is ending. And at an excelerated rate.
    Is it a natural cycle of the earth and sun? Or is it humans that are speeding it up?

What happens to all the people living along the coasts? Their properties, economy, infrastructure, and government once it does???
    Where do they place these people?
    How do they find work?
    How do you feed the population.
    As it warms up, things like storms, tornadoes etc. will get worse and more frequent as well.

What caused the ice ages is a different can of worms. Volcanoes, asteroids. Or again, just a natural cycle of the earth?

Unless you have a time machine even the scientists aren't sure.

But a plan needs to be in place by the government. so that once these areas are gone. It isn't mass chaos. Martial law. And a huge percentage of the population isn't starving, homeless and jobless.
    New Orleans after Katrina multiplied by the entire continents coast.

Screenshot_20190906-141558 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190906-141558 (resized).png
    #84 4 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

There is all manners of reputable scientific proof that the last ice age is ending. And at an excelerated rate.
    Is it a natural cycle of the earth and sun? Or is it humans that are speeding it up?

If humans are involved with it speeding up, which many indicators point to, it isn't much different than when a natural event like an asteroid hitting the planet might have caused climate change in the past. The earth will probably heal itself like it always has one way or another. If we become too much a nuisance, it will get rid of us.

Meanwhile I'm still sweating...

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If humans are involved with it speeding up, which many indicators point to, it isn't much different than when a natural event like an asteroid hitting the planet might have caused climate change in the past. The earth will probably heal itself like it always has one way or another. If we become too much a nuisance, it will get rid of us.
    Meanwhile I'm still sweating...

As a famous professor once said...everything that is extinct now was once alive. And everything that is alive now, will someday be extinct. It is inevitable. We are currently stuck on this fabulous blue planet. The question that remains is, will a natural event kill humans off or will we be the first species to kill ourselves off. Only time will tell.

#86 4 years ago

Man thinks he's so big in the picture. But he is only a spec of dust or an insect in the real picture. We probably didn't even come from here in the first place, but that is for a whole nuther discussion.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Man thinks he's so big in the picture. But he is only a spec of dust or an insect in the real picture. We probably didn't even come from here in the first place, but that is for a whole nuther discussion.

If you not seen this video, then you should. I recommend streaming it to a big screen. I believe this is his latest work.

#88 4 years ago

Reason I say that is if we were one of Earth's natural inhabitants, we would probably treat this planet a whole lot better and act a whole lot differently.

I do believe part of our makeup came from here though. It's the other part that still remains a mystery.

#89 4 years ago

I like the idea that the planet is just one big experiment and other intelligent life put us here to see how things would evolve. It makes sense from a scientific point of view. That is what we would do if we had the capabilities.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

I like the idea that the planet is just one big experiment and other intelligent life put us here to see how things would evolve. It makes sense from a scientific point of view. That is what we would do if we had the capabilities.

There is a lot of evidence that this planet was visited by beings from another world that perhaps bred with early man and thus the missing link. Or as Devo so intelligently stated "God made man, but he used a monkey to do it"

Edit- no religious overtones meant

#91 4 years ago

Think it was March this year that we got 4 inches of snow here in Las Vegas... at least now it's back to a comfortable 101-105

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Smith:

Think it was March this year that we got 4 inches of snow here in Las Vegas... at least now it's back to a comfortable 101-105

Yeah, it’s those 110 and up temps that get hot. And it’s a dry heat!

#93 4 years ago

It’s only 105 today. Yes. I’m ready for summer to be over. Love the winter when the high is 75.

56DE46E8-66CA-4543-9DF4-0285DCB8E4D5.png56DE46E8-66CA-4543-9DF4-0285DCB8E4D5.png
    #94 4 years ago
    Quoted from JFink8222:

when the high is 75.

I can't wait for some 75 or lower high temps.

#95 4 years ago

Figured it was time to dust this one off again.

Arizona_Temps (resized).jpgArizona_Temps (resized).jpg
    #96 4 years ago

Fox news has always had a problem getting some of their facts straight.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

Figured it was time to dust this one off again.[quoted image]

I am confused. What do they 4 digit numbers mean next to what looks like city names? I don’t think I have ever seen anything like it before.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

I am confused. What do they 4 digit numbers mean next to what looks like city names? I don’t think I have ever seen anything like it before.

I think it was a joke about the end of the world Mayan calendar ending a few years ago.

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I think it was a joke about the end of the world Mayan calendar ending a few years ago.

Oh, that’s right. I seam to remember all kind of jokes about it.

#100 4 years ago
    46658159-E167-4DB0-8215-DD82EA47E90B (resized).jpeg46658159-E167-4DB0-8215-DD82EA47E90B (resized).jpeg
    There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-else-is-fed-up-with-the-summer-heat-humidity/page/2?hl=vectorgamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.