9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by MurphyPeoples
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 months ago

Good morning! I have recently been reading vid1900's (thanks vid!) how-to posts and was wondering what other members have done threads like this. All I seem to do is think about pinball now and I can only look at pins I can't afford on the market 20-30 times a day, so I thought I could spend my spare time reading about playfield restoration, trouble shooting guides, things like that. Vid's threads are really informative and I was looking for more of that type of stuff on here.

Thanks

#2 9 months ago

www.pinrepair.com

#3 9 months ago

LTG is the man. Always helpful!

#4 9 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

www.pinrepair.com

Second Up Vote for Clay Harrells website. He has a great FB page too where he regularly posts repair jobs.

#5 9 months ago

The thread by high_end_pins shows how the top restorer in the world does things: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18

#6 9 months ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

LTG is the man. Always helpful!

Lawdy bee yes! Lloyd is just such a righteous dude to have in this community. I remember back when RGP was THE place to go. Lloyd was always there to help. I'm sure he'll eventually see this so "Thank you for your years of service Lloyd. Not all heroes wear capes or carry guns " lol

#7 9 months ago

Who else? Nobody.

There are some on here whom know as much, or more than vid about pinball, but very few of them have made as extensive topics sharing their knowledge. There are others on here whom possess life skills equal to vid’s experiences, but I believe that vid has such a unique eclectic knowledge set about the world that there is nobody else like him.

#8 9 months ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Who else? Nobody.
    There are some on here whom know as much, or more than vid about pinball, but very few of them have made as extensive topics sharing their knowledge. There are others on here whom possess life skills equal to vid’s experiences, but I believe that vid has such a unique eclectic knowledge set about the world that there is nobody else like him.

I like his sense of humor also. I will look into these other sources. Thanks! Keep 'em coming.......

#9 9 months ago
    Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

He has a great FB page too where he regularly posts repair jobs.

Any chance you could post a link for that? I've learned so much from his videos, always interested in seeing what he's fixing.

#10 9 months ago
    Quoted from frunch:

Any chance you could post a link for that? I've learned so much from his videos, always interested in seeing what he's fixing.

Michigan pinball repair in your home.

#11 9 months ago
    Quoted from catchlight:

more of that type of stuff

tractordoc made a good compilation thread of resto threads
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-of-pinside-documented-restorations

#12 9 months ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Michigan pinball repair in your home.

This is a gold mine--thanks!!!

#13 9 months ago
    Quoted from frunch:

This is a gold mine--thanks!!!

The real gold mine is Clay's pinball ninja website. I think it's $20, just email him about it.

#14 9 months ago

I'm actually subscribed there, what a great resource! I've learned so much from his videos and blog. I was surprised to see it's continued on Facebook. I noticed the Ninja entries becoming less frequent so i just assumed it was phasing out. Thanks again for the link, I've got a lot of reading ahead of me!

#15 9 months ago

Do a thread search for “guide” and you find several good informative topics.

#16 9 months ago

Terryb did a nice tutorial on logic probes. He tried to do one on battery corrosion repair but it turned into dissenting opinions.

#17 9 months ago
    Quoted from frunch:

https://www.facebook.com/pinrepair/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 132.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,200.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Stuff
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 248.85
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    £ 70.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside