(Topic ID: 32262)

WHO Dunnit (W?D) Extra Parts left over... Help please!

By lordnorth

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by lordnorth
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1413_(Medium).JPG
IMG_1412_(Medium).JPG
IMG_1411_(Medium).JPG
IMG_1410_(Medium).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordnorth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Just finished cleaning up a W?D that I bought. Took everything off the top of the PF, took all of the subways off of the bottom of the PF. Cleaned and Novus'd the plastics, steel wooled the metal.

Took pictures of everything and put each section into a separate baggie.

Yeah... that didn't work for $hit. Didn't seem to have that problem on the last two machines that I did, but this was just a mess. Halfway through, I dumped everything into a pile and picked from it. Photos seemed to be no help.

In any case... beside having a few extra of the sheet metal screws... and too few machine screws, I have these two extra parts.

The rod is 1 1/4 inches long with female threads on both ends. It does not go anywhere obvious, such as the ends of the ramps. I can't find any open holes, so it must share a hole with something else... I just don't know what.

As to the bracket... I'm clueless. I can't find a single picture in the 50 or so that I took that has that bracket.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris

IMG_1410_(Medium).JPGIMG_1410_(Medium).JPG IMG_1411_(Medium).JPGIMG_1411_(Medium).JPG IMG_1412_(Medium).JPGIMG_1412_(Medium).JPG IMG_1413_(Medium).JPGIMG_1413_(Medium).JPG

#2 11 years ago

Morning bump.

Help. Anyone... Anyone... Bueller...

#5 11 years ago

Pin_Family

Yep, those were my thoughts too... around a scoop and a ramp support. The ways the holes line up says it pretty much as to be something vertical. As for the post.. I can't find any empty holes... but I am short a nut... so somewhere that I have a nut needs the post (Of course, I am short a machine screw to go in the top... but on an 18 year old machine missing screws don't really tell you much.

I brought my camera card to work today. Going to go through the photos on the big screen and see if I can find those parts hiding anywhere in a pic.

#6 11 years ago

Wolf,

I am at work and don't have the post. Pretty sure it has the smaller thread -- like fits on the lane guides and it is one of the smaller diameter spacers. It is definitely 1 1/4 inches. As sure as I can be (without looking at it) that it is #1 on your list.

Thanks for your help!

#8 11 years ago

Found the post. It goes on top of a star post just above the left pop bumper. Somehow I ended up with a with a hex top instead of the post on that star.

Good news is that I know where it goes now. Bad news is I have to pretty much completely tear down and find where I put that star post by mistake.

Still working on the bracket!

#9 11 years ago

Oh for crying out loud. How freakin' obvious can you get. The bracket fits around the entrance the the sewer/jackpot/spin on the right side of the playfield.

Looked at that photo over and over and completely didn't see it.

Sorry to waste everyones time....

Chris

#11 11 years ago

I *think* they screwed up the post placement though. Where the post is supposed to be... it doesn't reach the ramp. I am thinking that they used the long post in one of the spotlights and put a "post to nowhere" in the back. That is why it didn't seem to go there when I was fooling with it last night -- to be honest after about 1am I wasn't thinking straight anyway.

Thanks again for all of your help and suggestions!

5 months later
#13 10 years ago

Greg,

Yes I do, but they are fairly high resolution (meaning HUGE) files. I have to downsize them and then find a file deposit.

Never used one.... anything you can suggest?

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordnorth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-dunnit-wd-extra-parts-left-over-help-please?tu=lordnorth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.